Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #281
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterdovefairy View Post
I took some random quilt blocks a couple years back and made lap quilts and dog quilts. Used nine blocks for each. My aunt loved getting a quilt for her puppy.
What a neat idea!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #282
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I want to get some thoughts on something. I got two face mask recipes off martha stewart. I am trying to figure out if either of these could be mixed up and put into an altered jar for a gift. One has oatmeal which I worry would get too soft with time, but seems to be the best option. The other has cucumber which I am more concerned could go bad. What do you think...

Oatmeal and raw honey mask
Ideal for dry skin, the oatmeal and raw honey mask helps soften skin, moisturizing the upper layers, and leaving it vibrant and radiant. To make, simply combine 1 cup oatmeal and 1 cup filtered warm water in a bowl and allow the oatmeal to absorb the water. Add 1/2 cup raw organic honey and mix well. Apply mixture to a clean face and neck and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing with cool water.

Aloe and cucumber mask
This hydrating mask helps soothe irritated skin. To make, simply combine 1 large chopped aloe plant leaf (or 1 cup aloe juice) and 1 cup chopped cucumber in a blender. Apply to clean face and leave on 30 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
I would think that the cucumber mask would be the one to be concerned about....not so much on the oatmeal and honey(which never goes bad)one.

A suggestion would be to make a small batch of each and try them for quality. Anyone else?
Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #283
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
I would think that the cucumber mask would be the one to be concerned about....not so much on the oatmeal and honey(which never goes bad)one.

A suggestion would be to make a small batch of each and try them for quality. Anyone else?
I think I will do a sample of the oatmeal and put it in a mason jar to see how it hold up. Thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #284
Rubber Obsessor

This past Christmas was the first time I made all of the cards DH and I sent out -- 75. I was surprised how quickly it really went because I did assembly line production. Even though there was wtercoloring, and a lot of pieces to each card. I made three basic designs and did 25 of each design. Nest year though, not so may pieces to each card -- it just takes too much tape to put them together. I think that was probably the most expensive part of the project other than postage stamps. The new catalog has a stamp set and a jumbo wheel that I think would be lovely for Christmas although it is not a Christmas set -- can't theink of the name --symphony or something like that --beautiful violin and then there is a wheel of musical instruments - I'm going to make that my first purchase from the new catty so I can play with some ideas with those pieces. I was surpirsed at the number of thank you notes and phone calls I got for the cards this last year.

Also, I got a late start on cards for heroes but with the help of the stamping group I'm in we put together a box of about 150 cards to send to Iraq. Not jsut Christmas cards but birthday, and general cards that could be used for various occasions. I'd like to do that a couple of times this year -- as long as they are needed. Hopefully, our soldiers will be home by next Christmas.

Bettye
Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #285
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettye Johnson View Post
Hopefully, our soldiers will be home by next Christmas.
I agree!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:42 AM   #286
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettye Johnson View Post
This past Christmas was the first time I made all of the cards DH and I sent out -- 75. I was surprised how quickly it really went because I did assembly line production. Even though there was wtercoloring, and a lot of pieces to each card. I made three basic designs and did 25 of each design. Nest year though, not so may pieces to each card -- it just takes too much tape to put them together. I think that was probably the most expensive part of the project other than postage stamps. The new catalog has a stamp set and a jumbo wheel that I think would be lovely for Christmas although it is not a Christmas set -- can't theink of the name --symphony or something like that --beautiful violin and then there is a wheel of musical instruments - I'm going to make that my first purchase from the new catty so I can play with some ideas with those pieces. I was surpirsed at the number of thank you notes and phone calls I got for the cards this last year.

Also, I got a late start on cards for heroes but with the help of the stamping group I'm in we put together a box of about 150 cards to send to Iraq. Not jsut Christmas cards but birthday, and general cards that could be used for various occasions. I'd like to do that a couple of times this year -- as long as they are needed. Hopefully, our soldiers will be home by next Christmas.
That's usually the way I go.....3-4 card designs in massive quantities each. But, for 2009 I want to try the 5 a month challenge and see how that goes. I have not seen the new catalog.....I will on Monday when my Demo has her open house...and that set sounds neat. Looking forward to seeing it!

I agree with you on the soldiers home by Christmas 2009. Even though I know that some will stay....look at the bases in other countries.

My LSS had a card making day for the troops this past fall. Was a big hit! The folks at the LSS pulled out all the scraps, unused embelishments, etc. for us to work with....in addition to the ones folks brought made from home. I wish I had asked how many were sent but, I didn't. It's a nice thing to do....especially the general ones...or so I have heard.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #287
Pearl-ExPert

Okay....up early...could not sleep anymore! Hate that yet, I love being up before anyone else....gives me a chance to think, browse the web/blogs and have a huge cup of coffee uninterrupted!

Anyway, I love chipboard books....some of you already know that....Maya Road is one of my favorite companies. Love thier products and ideas! So, this morning I was crusing around their pages and found these downloadable templates...calendar, journal, planner pages and chipboard shapes. The ideas were really flowing....just had to share!!

I am on two other threads.....Michael's $1 Chipboard books and What to do with an empty Cereal Box.....I have not checked my Michael's $$ Spot to see if these books are still there.....but, I am big at reusing trash! That's how I got the idea to go looking......

Anyway.....long and windy this am.....here is the link
http://www.mayaroad.net/index.php?ma...tive_templates

Maybe you will find something to spark an idea for a great creation!!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #288
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, Cindy those are cool downloads, thanks for sharing them. I just love your work and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I got myself a Bind-it-All for cheap in the after Christmas sales and I've saved EVERY piece of chipboard that came with a pack of paper for years. I'm thinking I would like to get that deep cut housing and blade for my Cricut and see if I can make books for everyone for Christmas.

I like to do 'themed' Christmases. One year I made everyone sweaters, another year I made blankets made from cut-up old sweaters (my favourite to date - and so ironic!) I think books would be fun.

I know I can make to do's and journals for the gals and Christmas planners for the neighbours and teachers (they get their stuff early enough to enjoy that) but I need to come up with something fun for the kids and for the guys.

I'm thinking some kind of hunting record for my bil, but my fil doesn't do much other than pigeon racing and gardening. Any thoughts? Also, the kids - I've got an 11 year old boy on my list - honestly, is there any way I can make this a cool gift for him? I have enough great digi dinosaur stuff to make a cool sight words/all about me book for my nephew, but since I don't know what he's going to be into next Christmas (he's almost 5) it's a bit of a gamble starting too early. I'm still in the rumination process anyway!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #289
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goegirl View Post
Wow, Cindy those are cool downloads, thanks for sharing them. I just love your work and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I got myself a Bind-it-All for cheap in the after Christmas sales and I've saved EVERY piece of chipboard that came with a pack of paper for years. I'm thinking I would like to get that deep cut housing and blade for my Cricut and see if I can make books for everyone for Christmas.

I like to do 'themed' Christmases. One year I made everyone sweaters, another year I made blankets made from cut-up old sweaters (my favourite to date - and so ironic!) I think books would be fun.

I know I can make to do's and journals for the gals and Christmas planners for the neighbours and teachers (they get their stuff early enough to enjoy that) but I need to come up with something fun for the kids and for the guys.

I'm thinking some kind of hunting record for my bil, but my fil doesn't do much other than pigeon racing and gardening. Any thoughts? Also, the kids - I've got an 11 year old boy on my list - honestly, is there any way I can make this a cool gift for him? I have enough great digi dinosaur stuff to make a cool sight words/all about me book for my nephew, but since I don't know what he's going to be into next Christmas (he's almost 5) it's a bit of a gamble starting too early. I'm still in the rumination process anyway!
Thanks for the nice comments, I just do what makes me happy and if someone is happy with the gifts I give...well...that is a bonus!

In regards to your family members....I have directions for a Green Thumb (or not so green thumb) Gardening Journal for your FIL. What about using the Fishing Book I did in my gallery for my FIL and making your adaptions for your BILs hunting pics?

As far as the 11 year old....does he have a favorite sport? You could get one of the Bo Bunny Books (or make your own) that spells out Team. Is an 11 yr old approaching middle school? You could make him a school book or use Bo Bunny Grade book and highlight his years in Elemantary.

Age 5 might be too young to be able to appreciate a book project....but, what about a tin of some kind with DP, stickers and minimal embelishments related to whatever he is interested in.....Dinosaurs or Space or Car racing. Coat it in Modpodge so it remains durable. That way he can keep his little trinkets, that all boys have, in there.....a secret place!

I got a BIA for christmas too....haven't used it yet. I am working on Christmas, Birthday and Anniversary cards for most of the year right now.

LMK if you want the information on the journal.....send me a PM with your e-mail address.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #290
Gallery Gazer

is everyone hibernating?!

is it pretty darn cold here in indiana! i am sure there are other places much colder but for now we are about 10-15 below average... bbbbrrr!

on my stamping goal 2009 list i had decided to make 10 christmas cards per month... i am at 16 for january!

i have uploaded several to my gallery if anyone is interested in seeing them.

let us see what you all are up to!

pix or links?

here is a link to the blog that cindy (cvansluys) started... i have it book marked! i am not too tech savvy so i don't know that i will be able to do anything but stalk it. LOL

thank you cindy for all your hard work and sharing all your wonderful ideas!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #291
Gabfest Goddess

Totally hibernating! Actually, I'm a little caught up in Valentine's day right now. Trying to find some little paper bags so I can make those CUTE top note treat bags...

I've GOT to get to my 10 Christmas cards for January. If I don't get to them tonight, I'll miss the January boat - going to go check out you guys' galleries for inspiration
Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #292
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for the link to cindy's blog, I bookmarked it.
Cindy you are so crafty it is bound to be a great blog to follow
Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #293
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thanks for the link to cindy's blog, I bookmarked it.
Cindy you are so crafty it is bound to be a great blog to follow
You are so kind.....I just hope I live up to it! I am working on more Valentine's things right now......Frap Bottles, Love Heart Banner....and my monthly quota of Christmas Cards!

I am cleaning out my craft area.....de-cluttering, re-organizing and just getting a general fresh start for the new year. I cannot believe all the magazines I have from 2004 to '08!!!! Pathetic that I have not done anything with them. Ripping out the pages I want then donating to either my son's school or to my LSS where others can take them home!

Later ladies!!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #294
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Totally hibernating! Actually, I'm a little caught up in Valentine's day right now. Trying to find some little paper bags so I can make those CUTE top note treat bags...

I've GOT to get to my 10 Christmas cards for January. If I don't get to them tonight, I'll miss the January boat - going to go check out you guys' galleries for inspiration
That is at the top of my SU order for next month's club!! I can hardly wait to get it. Please tell me that I can use it in my Cuttlebug and that I don't need to buy anything else to make it work???
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #295
Gabfest Goddess

Cindy, you should add your blog link to your sig line, keep up the good work!!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #296
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
That is at the top of my SU order for next month's club!! I can hardly wait to get it. Please tell me that I can use it in my Cuttlebug and that I don't need to buy anything else to make it work???
My demo said yes you can use it in your bug between the b plates. I want that one and the rolodex card too
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #297
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Adding Blog to Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Cindy, you should add your blog link to your sig line, keep up the good work!!
I am not sure how to do that.....can anyone give me a tip how to??
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #298
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Quote:
My demo said yes you can use it in your bug between the b plates. I want that one and the rolodex card too
Thanks!!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #299
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I am not sure how to do that.....can anyone give me a tip how to??
Here is my version of trying to give you a tip! Click on your name at the top right hand corner, where it says welcome and your screen name. Then on the next screen, on the top left hand side where it says settings & options, click on edit signature. Where you have your name written and your quote, you can add your blog address. Just go to your main blog page, and copy and past the address over! Hope that helps!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #300
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Anyone look at today's tutorial, the cute Ghiradelli chocolate box. Instructions are great, will have to give it a try.

Anyone snowed in today?

Patrice
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #301
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I finally got one the other day and - huzzah! Yes, it works in my baby bug with the b plates!

rolodex card??
Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #302
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLOR View Post
Anyone look at today's tutorial, the cute Ghiradelli chocolate box. Instructions are great, will have to give it a try.

Anyone snowed in today?

Patrice

i had to get out to go get my son from work but we got hit pretty hard last night with snow. it finally stopped snowing about 10a.

school was canceled here, as well as over 500 others in central indiana.

not planning on getting back out today!

but tomorrow i am supposed to go stamp with a friend so...
Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #303
Gabfest Goddess

Oh, and yes, I'm snowed in too!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #304
Pearl-ExPert

We had the ice mix yesterday, did not get out in it with all the others. There were over 20 accidents in our Metro area. Then this morning we woke to about 6 inches! That's a lot for St. Louis!

Taking advantage of being inside, except for shoveling the drive, by organizing DP......OMG! I had no idea I had that much!!!

It has got me to thinking about what I could do with this one and that one.....hummmm??
Old 01-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #305
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I finally got one the other day and - huzzah! Yes, it works in my baby bug with the b plates!

rolodex card??
it is in the new catty
Old 01-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #306
Gabfest Goddess

*sigh* I NEED my new catty!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #307
Proud Fan Club Member

I posted my first Christmas card for 09 today! I made 10 if them. I joined the Christmas card challenge to make 10 a month. I am a goal oriented person so this is good for me. As for the tags...oh I love making them. I did several swaps with Christmas tags this last Christmas. How fun. Now I will make my Feb bd cards and tags for the gifts at the same time. You ladies have some wonderful ideas.Keep them coming!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #308
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Altered Tin[an emergency candle

I have just done my first altered tin and i think i will be doing more for xmas pressies.Have a look on my blog for details xx jo xx
Old 03-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #309
Forum Fanatic

My dear friend Michelle is doing a card a thon this thread CLOSED*NEEDED:ADHESIVES & DONATIONS of CARD MAKING SUPPLIES FOR UPCOMING CARD-A-THON and her blog explain it. She has been feverishly searching out donations for even the littles things. I have been trying to help spread the word then recently she learned that her adhesive donator had to back out due to the economic situation. So now more than before any little thing will help. Please go read what it is all about. Super great cause.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:09 AM   #310
Pearl-ExPert

Hey folks! I was doing so searching for new ideas and came across this gal's idea. Here it is http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=177575

It's always time to think about next christmas!! In January I made the hand cream and put it in jars....have not decorated them yet. I wanted to see if it will hold up for any length of time....it does.

However, I personally would not use this as a daytime cream because of the greasyness. But, it makes a great night cream with cotton gloves!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:39 AM   #311
Gabfest Goddess

Great idea, Cindy - and you're right, it is about time to get started on this stuff! I want to do a Christmas craft fair this year. I think this would be a really cute project for that.

BTW, I just hosted a craft show/crafter's garage sale last weekend and my best seller (other than punches!) were little notepads and post-it holders with pens. So, now that I know how well the little stuff will go I'll definitely concentrate on things like that (I sold about 50 of them).
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #312
Insane Embellisher

Would you mind saying what the price was?? I have made dozens of them, they are fun (to me) to make.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #313
Gabfest Goddess

$3
I know, I think of them as scraplings - and so much fun to make! I like to sell them with a pen and closing with ribbon, velcro or magnet. Just adds a little sumthin' sumthin'.

Without a pen, I sell them for $2.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #314
Insane Embellisher

Thanks a bunch that will help me, if I decide to sell some of them, I already know co-workers and SILs are getting one in thier stockings. They are fun to make.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #315
Gabfest Goddess

Goegirl...would you mine sharing the direction and a picture??
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #316
Gabfest Goddess

I don't have any pictures handy, but here's the tutorial for the design I like best:
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad...t-note-pe.html
Old 05-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #317
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Gals....if you have not seen this thread before Nugget boxes of all sizes! it is amazing!! Chris has designed Nugget Boxes in every size (well practically) you could ever want. I have printed off the templates and put into a binder.

Since this coming school year is my son's last (he goes to a Special School Dist. for disabled children, they go up to age 21....he will be 21 March 2010) I want to do something nice for all the teachers, therapists, bus drivers, etc. that have touched his life. Can't afford to do a big gift for everyone and think this will be okay.

Now off to find decorated ones......
Old 05-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #318
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Great idea, Cindy - and you're right, it is about time to get started on this stuff! I want to do a Christmas craft fair this year. I think this would be a really cute project for that.

BTW, I just hosted a craft show/crafter's garage sale last weekend and my best seller (other than punches!) were little notepads and post-it holders with pens. So, now that I know how well the little stuff will go I'll definitely concentrate on things like that (I sold about 50 of them).
Hey Kristen! I would love to see pics of your notepads and post-it holders....if you have them!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:04 AM   #319
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I don't have any pictures handy, but here's the tutorial for the design I like best:
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad...t-note-pe.html

Thanks so much for sharing....Dawn's tutorial is okay....I added some of my own notes for when I make this as I won't have the video to use.

Would still love to see your creations though ;->
Old 05-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #320
Polyshrink Goddess

hiya lovin all your ideas.I did a few post-it-holders last here http://kinglakescrafts.blogspot.com/...abel/post%20it xx jo xx

Last edited by kinglake; 05-08-2009 at 06:16 AM..