Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #241
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDStampGirl View Post
I just saw your signature. Good job on quitting smoking. I quit just over 2 years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made. Good luck!
Good job on keeping smoke free.....it's a tough one!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #242
Rubber Obsessor

What great ideas!

This year I'm going to alter wooden pant/skirt hangers (the ones with clips) and give them to my young nieces and nephews. It will be a way for them to display their art work without using so much tape on their walls! I just need to figure out how I'm going to do it....

I will also make crafting kits.

I have trouble with gifts for my BiLs; any ideas?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM   #243
Matboard Maniac

Default On line Check off Lists

Somewhere in this thread people were asking about how to do a check off list online.

I recently found this website:
TaDa List

It is free. I just signed up, you give a title for a list and enter the items. when you enter a check mark in the box next to an item it moves the item to the bottom with the box checked.

I made one for a wish list for Christmas and was able to put in links to online stores. When someone wanted a wish list I just gave them the address to mine on TaDa List. You can make the list either private or public.

I added the page to my favorites under links, then in the Explorer header I have the Links menu bar showing so my list is right there to check easily.

I plan on adding more lists for to do and to do for Christmas 2009.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #244
Proud Fan Club Member

I joined the Christmas challenge on SCS to do 10 cards a month. Then when November comes you are ready. I like that idea because it is not so overwhelming. Also leaves me time to make other projects Oct-Dec.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #245
Pearl-ExPert

I just sent out some more instructions on the crafts I made and gave for Christmas and for the Martha Stewart Towel Tote.

I have made 10 Christmas cards so far and made my tentitive list for Christmas 2009.....hint, Denise's Lotion is involved!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #246
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
I just sent out some more instructions on the crafts I made and gave for Christmas and for the Martha Stewart Towel Tote.

I have made 10 Christmas cards so far and made my tentitive list for Christmas 2009.....hint, Denise's Lotion is involved!

i will have to check my email! i am very curious about the towel tote!

YTD... i have made 6 valentines, 5 christmas cards and my demo gave us a sketch challenge yesterday and i have already made 4 cards using it! guess i better be coming up with some ideas for christmas cards with it.

she is planning on giving us a new sketch each month... maybe i will just use it to death each month! LOL
Old 01-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #247
Pearl-ExPert

REally liked your SWEET card....simple and quick no doubt. I am going to a shoebox swap this weekend and may use some form of it.

The sketch challenge sounds great! Keep that motivation going!!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #248
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
REally liked your SWEET card....simple and quick no doubt. I am going to a shoebox swap this weekend and may use some form of it.

The sketch challenge sounds great! Keep that motivation going!!

i am printing the directions right now for the towel tote!

thanks again!

and thank you for visiting my gallery! i am truly addicted to making cards! it is therapeutic to me.

the challenge i am using is the sfytt for jan. 10 if you are interested.
here is a link to the gallery for sfytt, just look at the ones starting jan. 10 to see the one i am working with for now. and i think i will revisit the gallery to check out some of the past ones. here is a link to the blog of the originator... off to see what else i can find!

happy stamping
Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #249
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by momis mama View Post

thanks again!

and thank you for visiting my gallery! i am truly addicted to making cards! it is therapeutic to me.

here is a link to the gallery for sfytt, just look at the ones starting jan. 10 to see the one i am working with for now. and i think i will revisit the gallery to check out some of the past ones. here is a link to the blog of the originator... off to see what else i can find!

happy stamping
Hmmm....I will have to make one of those challenges today. I am downstairs working on Birthday, Anniversary and Thank you cards today.

One of the things that I do is when I make one card and make a second identical one. It is always easier for me to mass produce...the florist coming out in me!@*!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #250
Insane Embellisher

Hey everyone! Been busy with my mom and so sorry I abandoned you all! Cindy..watcha doing over the next couple of days? Let me know your availablility and I will be there. I have to switch to my husband's computer because I have Vista and for some reason it does not like Yahoo Messenger at all and I finally had to delete it, I tried it on our laptop and again, Vista, and more problems. Well, my husband's is not Vista (thank goodness) and I am taking it over when we need to chat. He has been warned and is taking heed...LOL.

Also, just wanted to give a nudge to all those embroidery/needlework folks. Chichiboulie has a new pattern on her website. boulieblog.com My stitched sample (yes, I did that work on her blog...woo hoo) of one of her Valentines Day (hearts...not Valentines day actually but in time for it) images is now up and another one will be coming soon. Just wanted to share because I just love her work. She designs stamps for stamping bella as well as freelance work. She really is phenom. I just think it is the coolest thing to be able to embroider a gift, wrap it up and then make a matching card with the stamp....way cool in my book. Well, enjoy...she has 2 other free patterns as well on her site and then there are some in her shop for purchase. Good luck and happy stitching!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #251
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

thanks again!

happy stamping
That towel tote is the bomb...you will love it and it is sooooo simple. I love it and that magic pillow...can't wait to start on those in mid February.

I am using that TaDa List...pretty cool but I still like to have it down in my journal/art book. Not sure if that is saving me time or not..HaHA.

I am not sure if I am understanding the challenge thing for sfytt. I did go to the iheart2stamp.com but still did not get it. I know, most days I pay way too much to be blonde.

BTW Mamma is mamma....you gallery is fantastic. Man, has it grown! Awesome job and you do such great work.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #252
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith View Post
That towel tote is the bomb...you will love it and it is sooooo simple. I love it and that magic pillow...can't wait to start on those in mid February.

I am using that TaDa List...pretty cool but I still like to have it down in my journal/art book. Not sure if that is saving me time or not..HaHA.

I am not sure if I am understanding the challenge thing for sfytt. I did go to the iheart2stamp.com but still did not get it. I know, most days I pay way too much to be blonde.

BTW Mamma is mamma....you gallery is fantastic. Man, has it grown! Awesome job and you do such great work.

i too will be making a magic pillow and will attempt the tote.

i have a planner in the works for myself, i NEED it! and i am already seeing that my christmas cards are gonna have so much more WOW! since i don't have to hurry. and i will have lots of different ones too! woot woot!

about the challenge... i am not too tech savvy so i had to go back and clicky clicky clicky to get to the actual picture of the sketch. here is the link! i have already made 5 or 6 cards using it. i just love how different the cards can look even using the same sketch. just change up the colors and images and BAM!

thank you for visiting my gallery! i am glad that you liked what you saw!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #253
Kookie Creator

Cindy,
Thanks for the templates. I look forward to making the calendar.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #254
Pearl-ExPert

Glad I could help!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 AM   #255
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith View Post
Hey everyone! Been busy with my mom and so sorry I abandoned you all! Cindy..watcha doing over the next couple of days? Let me know your availablility and I will be there. I have to switch to my husband's computer because I have Vista and for some reason it does not like Yahoo Messenger at all and I finally had to delete it, I tried it on our laptop and again, Vista, and more problems. Well, my husband's is not Vista (thank goodness) and I am taking it over when we need to chat. He has been warned and is taking heed...LOL.

Also, just wanted to give a nudge to all those embroidery/needlework folks. Chichiboulie has a new pattern on her website. boulieblog.com My stitched sample (yes, I did that work on her blog...woo hoo) of one of her Valentines Day (hearts...not Valentines day actually but in time for it) images is now up and another one will be coming soon. Just wanted to share because I just love her work. She designs stamps for stamping bella as well as freelance work. She really is phenom. I just think it is the coolest thing to be able to embroider a gift, wrap it up and then make a matching card with the stamp....way cool in my book. Well, enjoy...she has 2 other free patterns as well on her site and then there are some in her shop for purchase. Good luck and happy stitching!
Crystal,

I am glad that you are okay.....but, I did wonder?? I have nothing going on for the next couple of days/evenings. PTO meeting this afternoon and Dr. appt tomorrow afternoon is all. LMK what works for you. If you want to chat, as in really, I have a couple of methods instead of IM'ing.

That blog sounds neat, will have to investigate further.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #256
Insane Embellisher

There are so many great ideas on here, I'm going to keeping an eye on here. I am doing the 2009 Christmas card challenge, I don't need as many as a lot of folks , but I thought it would help to stay a head, and I have started calendars (2010) for 9 members of mine and dh family, I have the month templates printed the card stock ready to bind and recipes for each month printed and about half of them already decorated with embellishments, and lots of punched holiday items for each holiday, and now in process of gathering pictures of family members to copy and add to each month, that will be the hardest thing, because I will need differnt pics for each family.
But I am so excited to be this far along on them. Sorry for rambling in my first post. Keep the ideas coming.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #257
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelsmom View Post
There are so many great ideas on here, I'm going to keeping an eye on here. I am doing the 2009 Christmas card challenge, I don't need as many as a lot of folks , but I thought it would help to stay a head, and I have started calendars (2010) for 9 members of mine and dh family, I have the month templates printed the card stock ready to bind and recipes for each month printed and about half of them already decorated with embellishments, and lots of punched holiday items for each holiday, and now in process of gathering pictures of family members to copy and add to each month, that will be the hardest thing, because I will need differnt pics for each family.
But I am so excited to be this far along on them. Sorry for rambling in my first post. Keep the ideas coming.
This sounds like a great project! Can you tell us where you got the idea and do you have any pics to share yet?

I agree finding photos of family without them knowing is tough!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #258
Insane Embellisher

Well the idea came from here SCS somewhat and from a Goosebery Patch calendar that I had for 09, it had a recipe for each month and some cute idea for a craft, and come cute quote etc. So I just kind of using that and the paper crafting and combining them, and no , no pics yet, when I get a little farther along and they start taking shape I will start adding them to my gallery. And the family pics I just thought would make them more personal. For example my dh dad passed away last August, so I am going to put a pic of his Mom and Dad on his families calendars. They will all love it, because his pic will be there, another hard thing will be deciding which month gets which pic, it will be a long process. But I already have all the pics I need, we take pics at very get together, I won't have to be asking any of them for pics, which is good. Some not to reliable, hehe, but I love them all.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #259
Hardware Hotshot

Location: Canadian prairie girl, lost in all the wind and snow!
Send a message via MSN to prairie mom Send a message via Yahoo to prairie mom

Here are some of the things I did for Christmas this last year. I am gonna repeat a few of them this coming year for different people.

Holiday Treats

Bath Set

Votive Gift Box

Mints Gift Set

Just to give you some ideas.

I will look over this thread for ideas for this coming year as I am already making gifts!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #260
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie mom View Post
Here are some of the things I did for Christmas this last year. I am gonna repeat a few of them this coming year for different people.

Holiday Treats

Bath Set

Votive Gift Box

Mints Gift Set

I will look over this thread for ideas for this coming year as I am already making gifts!
Check out the What are you making for Christmas thread as well for some ideas.

When I get a little more time today, I will check out your gift items.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #261
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Holiday Treats

Bath Set

Votive Gift Box

Mints Gift Set

Your gifts are really cute. I bet everyone really enjoyed them.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #262
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Holiday Treats

Bath Set

Votive Gift Box

Mints Gift Set

WOW love your ideas and your blog is great ! xx jo xx
Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #263
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Holiday Treats

Bath Set

Votive Gift Box

Mints Gift Set

some cute stuff!

thanks for sharing!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #264
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy

Quote:
I just saw your signature. Good job on quitting smoking. I quit just over 2 years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made. Good luck!
does it ever get easier
i need my sanity to get back to crafting
Old 01-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #265
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy

Quote:
Glad I could help!
cindy
could i get the ms towel tote & pillow case from you?

thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 04:51 AM   #266
Pearl-ExPert

Default Towel Tote and Magic Pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterdovefairy View Post
cindy

thanks
PM me with your e-mail address and I will get out to you today.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #267
Crimping Master

Wow ladies!!! Have to get cracking as it's the 16th of the month and nothing even in the think tank,...the lotion I have read about forever and read the rave reports,that is a real must do item.

Did birthday and Ann calenders last year,LOADS of work but the end result was GREAT!! Have to do a photo as I did keep one for me.

Keep the ideas flowing!!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #268
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
does it ever get easier
i need my sanity to get back to crafting
I promise it gets easier. I don't even think about having one most days now. It took a while, but it is so nice to get up in the morning and be able to breathe
Old 01-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #269
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I promise it gets easier. I don't even think about having one most days now. It took a while, but it is so nice to get up in the morning and be able to breathe
.....and as I have been told, taste and smell as well!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #270
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
cindy

thanks

I am sorry that it took you till today to get it.....don't know what happened to my brain! Hope you like them. I am going to Kmart today for the towels to give it a go. I will post when I get one finished.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #271
Rubber Obsessor

I make 14 ornaments for kids, grands and greats. I have knitted, crocheted, painted, crosstitched, bla bla for years. This year I am picking up an old hobby: quilling. Going to make ornaments of snowflakes, poinsettias, trees and whatever I can find or think of. Plan on starting this weekend. Also going to make Christmas cards and gift tags with quilling too. I may even make a few gifts of pictures or picture frames...hmmmm. I can incorporate my stamping in all of this. I'm excited to get started. I'll be watching this thread closely, got a bajillion ideas last year. What a creative bunch. Thanks all!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #272
Pearl-ExPert

Default Quilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrampingram View Post
I make 14 ornaments for kids, grands and greats. I have knitted, crocheted, painted, crosstitched, bla bla for years. This year I am picking up an old hobby: quilling. Going to make ornaments of snowflakes, poinsettias, trees and whatever I can find or think of. Plan on starting this weekend. Also going to make Christmas cards and gift tags with quilling too. I may even make a few gifts of pictures or picture frames...hmmmm. I can incorporate my stamping in all of this. I'm excited to get started. I'll be watching this thread closely, got a bajillion ideas last year. What a creative bunch. Thanks all!
I have always thought that it looked neat but, never tried it. Your ideas sound great and I am sure that the gifts will be appreciated.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #273
Pearl-ExPert

I was doing some cleaning out today of old stamping, scrapbooking and crafting magazines.....don't get excited I am not getting rid of them just yet. Pulling out ideas to save.

Anyway, I saw this coaster that uses 2 round pieces of canvas with stamped sentiment and snowflakes/trees and filled with spice potpourri. Looked like a neat idea to use up some fabric. Has anyone ever done something like this? My only concern would be that the Potpourri would be too lumpy and create an uneven surface to set a full cup of hot drink.

I think this would be great added to a pamper basket. Ideas?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #274
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I was doing some cleaning out today of old stamping, scrapbooking and crafting magazines.....don't get excited I am not getting rid of them just yet. Pulling out ideas to save.

Anyway, I saw this coaster that uses 2 round pieces of canvas with stamped sentiment and snowflakes/trees and filled with spice potpourri. Looked like a neat idea to use up some fabric. Has anyone ever done something like this? My only concern would be that the Potpourri would be too lumpy and create an uneven surface to set a full cup of hot drink.

I think this would be great added to a pamper basket. Ideas?

i think the potpourri thing would make a better 'hot pad' than a coaster...

just my thought!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #275
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
i think the potpourri thing would make a better 'hot pad' than a coaster...

just my thought!

Thanks Michelle, a scented hot pad sounds like a neat idea! And, if I was really smart, I would use up the odd quilt blocks (I won at quilt guild many years ago)that are just sitting in containers downstairs for them.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #276
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Thanks Michelle, a scented hot pad sounds like a neat idea! And, if I was really smart, I would use up the odd quilt blocks (I won at quilt guild many years ago)that are just sitting in containers downstairs for them.

those would make wonderful hot pads!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #277
Crimping Master

I haven't gone through and read all of the posts, but I told my husband a few weeks ago that from now on, those that I am buying something for I am going to do one family each month and get all of them out of the way (he is the youngest of , so it will make it easier on the pocket book.

I'm also looking for ideas for what to make as gifts this year...
Old 01-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #278
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I took some random quilt blocks a couple years back and made lap quilts and dog quilts. Used nine blocks for each. My aunt loved getting a quilt for her puppy.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #279
Forum Fanatic

I want to get some thoughts on something. I got two face mask recipes off martha stewart. I am trying to figure out if either of these could be mixed up and put into an altered jar for a gift. One has oatmeal which I worry would get too soft with time, but seems to be the best option. The other has cucumber which I am more concerned could go bad. What do you think...

Oatmeal and raw honey mask
Ideal for dry skin, the oatmeal and raw honey mask helps soften skin, moisturizing the upper layers, and leaving it vibrant and radiant. To make, simply combine 1 cup oatmeal and 1 cup filtered warm water in a bowl and allow the oatmeal to absorb the water. Add 1/2 cup raw organic honey and mix well. Apply mixture to a clean face and neck and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing with cool water.

Aloe and cucumber mask
This hydrating mask helps soothe irritated skin. To make, simply combine 1 large chopped aloe plant leaf (or 1 cup aloe juice) and 1 cup chopped cucumber in a blender. Apply to clean face and leave on 30 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #280
Hardware Hotshot

subbing! Denise