Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #201
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLOR View Post
I picked up some of the smaller rubbermaid tubs at WallyWorld, going to put all my holiday stamps, paper, embellishments into it. Keep all the stuff together, also any instructions, print outs, magazines. Will keep it easily accesible.

2009 here we come.

Patrice
This is a great idea!! Thank you -- can't believe I haven't thought of this before. I'm totally going to do this!

my gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #202
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momis mama View Post
i made them with my friend (she is also a demo) so she supplied all the materials. we had so much fun that day.

so i just ordered the ovals thursday and the word window, 5 petal flower & boho blossoms are next on my hit list!

i just love all the 'punch art' i have seen lately.

Isn't it funny how trends revive themselves? When I first started scrapping 12 years ago, punch art was all the rage - as was paper piecing. Then those trends went by the wayside (after I bought a ton of punches LOL). And here they come back again!

my gallery
Old 01-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #203
Polyshrink Goddess

Well i have finally put a couple of cards and a great little Cd box i made onto my blog...take a look if you like xx jo xx
MORE IDEAS LADIES PLEASE
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 AM   #204
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsavard View Post
This year I baked and made tins to give as gifts, I also made recipe file folders and typed out my favorite recipes and printed them off and put them in folders for my children, I tried to add little stories with the recipes, some special memories attached to who made them, how we enjoyed them etc. For a special friend who is a stamper like me, I made her an emergency embellishment kit. I used a large stampin up case decorated it with paper and called it Pat's Emergency Embelliishment Kit. I then filled it with Vintage pictures I had collected, One folder for everyday and the other for Christmas. Then I added a collection of ribbons, matching bows, brads, glue and glitter, flowers,and hodgepodge hardware, I cut out shapes with my SU punches and nesties and included these also. She was really touched with my gift. I made several boxes of miscellaneous cards for hostess gifts. I also made some post it note gift items for a few of my friends, the trick will be to come up with new ideas for next year, so this post will be great. I love the ideas and hope to incoporate some of them for next year.
What a wonderful idea and great gift. I am sure your friend loved it!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:07 AM   #205
Compulsive Stamper

Last Christmas I wanted to do calendars with each month stamped. Had grand plans of doing like 15 of them. After taking 1 1/2 month to complete 2, I think I better have a better plan this year.

So, each month, I am doing 15-20 pages of each month. Its much easier to be inspired about january in January and even about February as I am making Valentine cards. So, I find myself ahead of the game for the year....

Now, if I only can keep it up.... One thing I am doing to "stay inspired" is to have a monthly "crafters" night with whomever wants to come. We combine it with a new bottle of wine to explore (if the crafts don't get them here the wine does). Each month someone else brings the wine and/or comes up with the "craft" of the month. They demo it then we can do our own thing. It does a couple things... its a fun outlet -even people who do not think they like to craft enjoyed doing some of the things - last month were decorated paint cans. And it makes me keep the craft area clean for the next months' meeting which is much more inviting to play in. This is working really well for a group of us.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #206
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHBJS View Post
Last Christmas I wanted to do calendars with each month stamped. Had grand plans of doing like 15 of them. After taking 1 1/2 month to complete 2, I think I better have a better plan this year.

So, each month, I am doing 15-20 pages of each month. Its much easier to be inspired about january in January and even about February as I am making Valentine cards. So, I find myself ahead of the game for the year....

Now, if I only can keep it up.... One thing I am doing to "stay inspired" is to have a monthly "crafters" night with whomever wants to come. We combine it with a new bottle of wine to explore (if the crafts don't get them here the wine does). Each month someone else brings the wine and/or comes up with the "craft" of the month. They demo it then we can do our own thing. It does a couple things... its a fun outlet -even people who do not think they like to craft enjoyed doing some of the things - last month were decorated paint cans. And it makes me keep the craft area clean for the next months' meeting which is much more inviting to play in. This is working really well for a group of us.
This is a great idea about the crafter night. Sounds like fun and gets everyone involved.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #207
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsavard View Post
This year I baked and made tins to give as gifts, I also made recipe file folders and typed out my favorite recipes and printed them off and put them in folders for my children, I tried to add little stories with the recipes, some special memories attached to who made them, how we enjoyed them etc. For a special friend who is a stamper like me, I made her an emergency embellishment kit. I used a large stampin up case decorated it with paper and called it Pat's Emergency Embelliishment Kit. I then filled it with Vintage pictures I had collected, One folder for everyday and the other for Christmas. Then I added a collection of ribbons, matching bows, brads, glue and glitter, flowers,and hodgepodge hardware, I cut out shapes with my SU punches and nesties and included these also. She was really touched with my gift. I made several boxes of miscellaneous cards for hostess gifts. I also made some post it note gift items for a few of my friends, the trick will be to come up with new ideas for next year, so this post will be great. I love the ideas and hope to incoporate some of them for next year.

The emergency embellishment kit is a fantastic idea. Love it and I know 4 friends on my list for Birthdays who will absolutely flip over this. TFS
Old 01-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #208
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up

Cindy,
I wanted to know what the page protector calendar was so I surfed into your gallery and love that idea for the calendars. Also, love the acrylic frame and pine cone ornament. ALSO, LOVE, LOVE,....LOVE that picture you did for your sister. If anyone reading this thread has not seen Cindy's post to her gallery on Monday.....your jaw is going to drop and Michaels better stock up on foam core because you are going to want to do this. LOL

If you have the 'recipe' for the calendars, frame, and ornament I would love them. I hate to give you more work but these are just fab. You are one talented lady.
Crystal
Old 01-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #209
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith View Post
Cindy,
I wanted to know what the page protector calendar was so I surfed into your gallery and love that idea for the calendars. Also, love the acrylic frame and pine cone ornament. ALSO, LOVE, LOVE,....LOVE that picture you did for your sister. If anyone reading this thread has not seen Cindy's post to her gallery on Monday.....your jaw is going to drop and Michaels better stock up on foam core because you are going to want to do this. LOL

If you have the 'recipe' for the calendars, frame, and ornament I would love them. I hate to give you more work but these are just fab. You are one talented lady.
Crystal
Oh my goodness....you make me blush. Thank you for the kind remarks. I am glad that you liked my gallery, as small as it is. I hope to start adding my cards soon.

PM me with your e-mail address and I will get all the directions to you. No trouble really....have been sending out directions since Monday AM.

Happy to help make Christmas 2009 a little less stressful!!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:28 AM   #210
Pearl-ExPert

Just want to let you all know that I have been working on compiling a list of possible gift ideas from "What are you making for Christmas?" thread. I am only on page 14 and I have 50 or so ideas.

It's taking me a little longer because I am tracing some of the threads to peoples websites/blogs and copying to hard copy.....recipes and directions.

I can't wait to get them to all of you!!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #211
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
Oh my goodness....you make me blush. Thank you for the kind remarks. I am glad that you liked my gallery, as small as it is. I hope to start adding my cards soon.

PM me with your e-mail address and I will get all the directions to you. No trouble really....have been sending out directions since Monday AM.

Happy to help make Christmas 2009 a little less stressful!!
Give credit where credit is due and you have truly outdone yourself with several of your projects. No wonder you have been busy sending out patterns.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:55 AM   #212
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Just want to let you all know that I have been working on compiling a list of possible gift ideas from "What are you making for Christmas?" thread. I am only on page 14 and I have 50 or so ideas.

It's taking me a little longer because I am tracing some of the threads to peoples websites/blogs and copying to hard copy.....recipes and directions.

Oh my gosh...that is so great of you Cindy! I was thinking of doing that same thing myself but had to put that off til beginning of February. There are so many wonderful ideas here on this thread and it is only first part of January....can you imagine by July?? I am just flabergasted and so motivated to do other things now. I am more determined than ever to stay on track and yes, have a less stressful holiday season than this past. I can't wait to get the list and all. Please let me know if I can help.

Thanks again for doing this!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #213
Polyshrink Goddess

Cindy love your work have Pm'd you xx jo xx
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #214
Pearl-ExPert

Jo - thank you very much. I loved making everything I did.

Crystal - Hmmm, your PM sounds like a good idea. Let me think a little how to do this....will chat with DH (IT geek....but, I love him anyway and because of) to make this easy, give credit to the wonderful creative folks and not have to create another thread (aren't there enough to look through???). Thanks for your offer....let me get back to you.

Taking down all Christmas today and cleaning....YUCK!

Have a great day!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #215
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

you are SO SO sweet!

i was tempted to go thru that thread... but then i saw how long it was! aaaahhhh! i was afraid i might not have any hair when i got done... IF i got done!

i am very eager to see what all you come up with!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #216
Insane Embellisher

Cindy,
Thanks so much for the patterns. Love them and have to get a plan together to when I am going to start what. I love them all and I know those I am making them for will flip over them.
Thanks again!
Crystal
Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #217
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
you are SO SO sweet!

i was tempted to go thru that thread... but then i saw how long it was! aaaahhhh! i was afraid i might not have any hair when i got done... IF i got done!

i am very eager to see what all you come up with!
Michelle,

I might be pulling my hair out too....at least I know it won't turn grey...it's already doing that! LOL!

Here's a thought....clsmith came up with.....a blog just for these ideas. We are putting on our thinking caps.....just keep watching.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #218
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Jo - thank you very much. I loved making everything I did.

Have a great day!
hiya cindy thanx for the calendar xx jo xx
Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #219
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy - I sent you a PM for instructions. I looked at these before, but didn't want to bug you. but since others have---well why not!!! Thanks so much.

this weekend I finally made a planner for me out of one of those great Target notebooks that have three dividers in them - made some for the girls in my family, never made me one. AND I've written ideas in it but that's about as far as I have got.

But I do want to try the Denise's lotion - I thought of it this year but time just got away and I already had ideas for people.

I did make Christmas tags for people (and not one picture did I take before I handed them out!) but I used the holiday designer paper in the mini and rub ons. Some stamping but the first bunch I did was no stamping, just rub ons and they were great. Quick, easy and turned out so cute! Got lots of compliments on them and I'm going to do that again.

I've been cleaning out craft stuff and found that I had an ENORMOUS quantity of tins - mailboxes, altoid tins, DVD tins, lunch box tins from Target dollar spot - so those are going to be used for many gifts for next year.

Each month I plan on doing something - make some tags and Christmas cards for gifts and using. Whatever holiday is the next month - if I'm going to do something for that then figure out what it is and doing it the month before. No more of this last minute (or at least most of the last minute will go away!).

I did see a very cute idea when looking through the gallery today: Its by Samantha Paris - www.RubberStampingDiva.com is her web site and she did a very cute jewel case scrapbook. I'm going to give that a try - it was so cute.

I didn't get to bake anything this year (haven't forever) cause I run out of time. But I want to try some of those recipes from the 'other' thread - like thouse Mounds Bars - those looked yummy!

I'm 'forcing' my crafting friend at work to do this too. Hopefully we can succeed in some goals we set. I do like last minute projects and I don't like to do to much early because there are always such cool things that come towards the end of the year that I always want to try. but maybe if I can get things done that are 'standby's, that can help a lot.

I also made my sisters DVD tin notebooks this year. Got the tins on a bulk buy on this site and they came with notebooks that were cut to fit the tins. They were easy to do and they just loved them - made them for all the sisters and sisterinlaws.

Maybe 2009 will be the most organized I've ever been! My family will faint!

Mary
Old 01-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #220
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Michelle,

I might be pulling my hair out too....at least I know it won't turn grey...it's already doing that! LOL!

Here's a thought....clsmith came up with.....a blog just for these ideas. We are putting on our thinking caps.....just keep watching.
a blog would be a wonderful idea!

i don't have the first clue as to how to start on or anything...
but i sure do visit a lot of them!

and my hair is turning grey too!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #221
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Heck turning grey isn't correct.....I have been going grey for 29 years now. Stopped coloring about 4 years ago...and stopped worrying about what people think about it. Doggone it!

My 2 cents worth!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #222
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Cindy - I sent you a PM for instructions. I looked at these before, but didn't want to bug you. but since others have---well why not!!! .Thanks so much.

this weekend I finally made a planner for me out of one of those great Target notebooks that have three dividers in them - made some for the girls in my family, never made me one. AND I've written ideas in it but that's about as far as I have got.

But I do want to try the Denise's lotion - I thought of it this year but time just got away and I already had ideas for people.

I did make Christmas tags for people (and not one picture did I take before I handed them out!) but I used the holiday designer paper in the mini and rub ons. Some stamping but the first bunch I did was no stamping, just rub ons and they were great. Quick, easy and turned out so cute! Got lots of compliments on them and I'm going to do that again.

I've been cleaning out craft stuff and found that I had an ENORMOUS quantity of tins - mailboxes, altoid tins, DVD tins, lunch box tins from Target dollar spot - so those are going to be used for many gifts for next year.

Each month I plan on doing something - make some tags and Christmas cards for gifts and using. Whatever holiday is the next month - if I'm going to do something for that then figure out what it is and doing it the month before. No more of this last minute (or at least most of the last minute will go away!).

I did see a very cute idea when looking through the gallery today: Its by Samantha Paris - www.RubberStampingDiva.com is her web site and she did a very cute jewel case scrapbook. I'm going to give that a try - it was so cute.

I didn't get to bake anything this year (haven't forever) cause I run out of time. But I want to try some of those recipes from the 'other' thread - like thouse Mounds Bars - those looked yummy!

I'm 'forcing' my crafting friend at work to do this too. Hopefully we can succeed in some goals we set. I do like last minute projects and I don't like to do to much early because there are always such cool things that come towards the end of the year that I always want to try. but maybe if I can get things done that are 'standby's, that can help a lot.

I also made my sisters DVD tin notebooks this year. Got the tins on a bulk buy on this site and they came with notebooks that were cut to fit the tins. They were easy to do and they just loved them - made them for all the sisters and sisterinlaws.

Mary
On its way! No problems! Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #223
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I am so ready to do this and wanted to do a collaborative blog with 1-4 people so Cindy and I will be sifting through things. As Cindy said...stay tuned!

Blogging is so easy. You could do it for sure!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #224
Insane Embellisher

I love that rubberstampingdiva site...thanks for the tip on that!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #225
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Cindy - I sent you a PM for instructions. I looked at these before, but didn't want to bug you. but since others have---well why not!!! Thanks so much.

Mary
Great blog thanx for sharing xx jo xx
Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #226
Pearl-ExPert

Hey if anyone interested in sewing projects for next Christmas, check out this website http://sewing.about.com/ they have free patterns galore!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #227
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Hey if anyone interested in sewing projects for next Christmas, check out this website http://sewing.about.com/ they have free patterns galore!
Oh my gosh...I don't know whether to love you or hate you...LOL..of course Love ya

I would love to make several of those simple totes and give to my family. I have some embroidery I am doing for an artist and I have several patterns that I have stitched up for her and was wondering what to do with them and this would be perfect. I stitched them on a large enough flour sack towel and material that this would work out and they would be pretty/colorful to boot.

Thanks Cindy for a great addition to my bookmark christmas to do list. you are the best!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #228
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Now, after reading all these post, I don't know where to start first. My sewing friend tipped me off at a web site StudioKat designs, patterns for fabulous totebags, purses. I ordered a pattern, and I am going to Amarillo next week, will try to make it to JoAnn fabrics for some inspiration. This is a great thread, will try to keep it bumped up.

Patrice
Old 01-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #229
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Great site! TFS! Keep us posted about blog and or directions and free stuff too!!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #230
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

WOWZERS!!!

there is a lot of stuff there!

my son was just asking me for a drawstring backpack the other day!

thanks so much for sharing the link!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #231
Kookie Creator

I have been reading this thread and can't believe all the wonderful ideas. I have made 2 monogrammed cards so far. I need to make 2 - 4 more cards for this set. At least 6 more sets to go.

Cindy and Crystal...a blog is a wonderful idea.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #232
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
WOWZERS!!!

there is a lot of stuff there!

my son was just asking me for a drawstring backpack the other day!

thanks so much for sharing the link!
You are welcome Michelle! Not sure how I got there but, once I was I spent a long time looking.

The backpack looked good to me too.....our nieces would love them!!

Are you interested in seeing a tutorial for Martha Stewart Towels turned into a Tote? LMK
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #233
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniejo View Post
I have been reading this thread and can't believe all the wonderful ideas. I have made 2 monogrammed cards so far. I need to make 2 - 4 more cards for this set. At least 6 more sets to go.

Sounding better all the time!! Hey Crystal, can you chat tonight? PM me.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #234
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakvilleMom View Post
Altered Notebooks are a great idea! As are digital storybooks that can easily be printed in multiples.

I think that this time last year I said I would start in July-but all I did in July was start shopping for Christmas projects. LOL. I did start in November-but there is so much I would have loved to have done. So how about I start in January next year?
This really is a great idea. I wanted to get a couple small ones done for grandparents this year and ran out of time. I decided that this year I would try to do two digital layouts per month with pictures from that month. This way I can put them all together and print them out in December and give grandparents a year in review scrapbook
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #235
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniejo View Post

BONNIE!!!! Hello there girl...glad you are on this thread. This area keeps me sane and keeps my fingers and hands busy so I don't eat!! LOL
Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #236
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Sounding better all the time!! Hey Crystal, can you chat tonight? PM me.
Yep, I can! I will PM ya with some deets!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #237
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterdovefairy View Post
Thankfully, I have not been rushed this Christmas season. I started in early October and that worked for what I wanted to accomplish. I just have some finishing touches to put on one gift and Christmas eve dinner to cook.

This year I made a bunch of items for Craft Fair and they are in my gallery.

Every year I make cards for Christmas for others to use but mail out store bought because I just can not resist the Disney Christmas cards. This year I gave my Moms boss 40 cards to use for clients. I only give out 23 cards so I could easily use what I make. I also make as many gifts as I can but many in my family are not homeade gift appriciators .

This year I made:
a 12x12 calendar
5 bookmarks
coaster brag book
3 6x6 cookbooks (with much help from swaps)
3 boxes of love
6 holiday fudge
1 nugget box
2 trays of cookies
made 3 gift bags

I also picked up many stocking stuffers off the recycle pif here on SCS.

I baked like you wouldn't believe since we have been snowed in for far too many days.
I made:
peanut butter fudge
S'more
shortbread
oatmeal cookies
peanut butter balls
snickerdoodles
chocolate no bakes
puggie woogies
marshmallows rolled in carmel rolled in rice crispys
espresso logs
rocky road brownies
thumb print cookies

BUT keep in mind I am disable so I am home far too much and my DD is 13 so after we homeschool my time is my own.

Next year I would like to get much more done.
I just saw your signature. Good job on quitting smoking. I quit just over 2 years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #238
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnkat View Post
I made some criss cross coasters then put a mug with and some hot chocolate or international coffee with. These make great teacher gifts also. Last year I gave one coaste with a decorative coffee mug put a fun pack of hot chocolate and candy cane in them. I have also sent them made into gift tags but made them smaller. I have to play with the pattern first I will post when I get it figure out. Here is the link to make them

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...ross_coas.html
cute idea! These would be great gifts for the ladies my husband works with. He is a teacher, so I like to give all the ladies who put up with him all year a little thank you at Christmas. haha!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #239
Mad Swapper

I would love to see Martha Stewart towels turned into a tote. Is it her flour sack towels? I have some of those around somewhere.

I bought them so I could stamp on them, but man, were they ever big. I need some that are smaller for holding bread/rolls/etc at the dinner table.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #240
Pearl-ExPert

Default Martha Stewart Tote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyw View Post
I would love to see Martha Stewart towels turned into a tote. Is it her flour sack towels? I have some of those around somewhere.

I bought them so I could stamp on them, but man, were they ever big. I need some that are smaller for holding bread/rolls/etc at the dinner table.

Judy I will be happy to send them to you tonight. I am not sure if they are flour sack towels....maybe you will be able to tell when you see the photos.

I used to have a pattern for a roll cover that was shaped sort of like a cross....after you put the rolls, etc. in you criss-crossed them over. Not sure if I have that pattern anymore. Come to think of it, I made a cross-stitched one over 15 yr ago! ugh how time flies!!!