Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #121
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to stampnkat

I made some criss cross coasters then put a mug with and some hot chocolate or international coffee with. These make great teacher gifts also. Last year I gave one coaste with a decorative coffee mug put a fun pack of hot chocolate and candy cane in them. I have also sent them made into gift tags but made them smaller. I have to play with the pattern first I will post when I get it figure out. Here is the link to make them

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...ross_coas.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #122
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley's_mom View Post
I really want to make some pillowcases for the kids for sure next year. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for them?

I'll come back and update the rest of my list later.
If you have a serger (or access to one), pillowcases go SO fast you won't believe it. You need 3 coordinating fabrics--one for the body, one for the end, and if you want you can add a wide piping in between the two pieces. I think I made about 25 in around an hour, after the fabric was cut and ready to go.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #123
Pearl-ExPert

Okay remember tomorrow is a big sale day. I am going to pick up some really pretty gift bags. The party type ones that we can use for our homemade candies. And those little candy wrappers like Cupcake papers. I am going to make a list of things to buy so I don't just buy to buy. I want to find some really cool christmas fabric to make pillow cases and tote bags. Kathy
Old 12-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #124
Matboard Maniac

I'm planning to start my crafting much earlier in 2009 than I did this year. I can use the after Christmas sales to start gathering supplies by checking the clearance shelves for containers (to put my jar mixes in), solid color (red, green, white, etc) lunch sacks to sack up Christmas sweets next Christmas (I can decorate them myself with stamps & ink), Christmas cookie cutters, colored sugars & sprinkles (they will keep on my shelf just as well as they will sit on the store storage room shelf until next season), Christmas colors in cardstock & speciality papers (may have to wait on these until March since they will be popular for those scrapping their Christmas pictures), and fabric in shiny holiday colors for jewerly bags I plan to make for next year.

I'm also going to keep in mind Valentine's Day (red, white items), my Red Hat sisters (red items), St Patty's day (green items), and other major holidays.

I'm using spiral bound notebook to keep notes in and a hanging file folder to drop in ideas taken from magazines, the internet, and such.

Hopefully all this will help me to be more organized than this past year.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #125
Hardware Hotshot

I'm considering doing quick recipe collection to give to friends and family; who can't use quick recipes

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Old 12-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #126
Crimping Master

Its never too early to start planning for next year. I am making some snowmen ornaments out of muslin fabric. I need to finish 2 of them up and I will post photos when they are done. Need to get clothes pins for the bottoms . They are pretty cute I think.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #127
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom View Post
Its never too early to start planning for next year. I am making some snowmen ornaments out of muslin fabric. I need to finish 2 of them up and I will post photos when they are done. Need to get clothes pins for the bottoms . They are pretty cute I think.
can't wait to see what these are...
Old 12-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #128
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
Ok....I have just finished all the finishing touches to the gifts, everything is wrapped and almost all the baking is finished. Boy I am pooped!

Here is everything I made...will soon have everything in my gallery for you to see.

Happy Word Book with quotes
Believe Word Book decorated Christmas with room for photos
3- Family Word Books with photos, pull-outs and journaling
Fishing Board Book with room for photos (Waterproof Camera included)
3 - acrylic photo pages for eisels (sp?)
2- handmade scrap Friend books with quotes
10 - Jars French Vanilla Cocoa Mix (Teacher gifts)
3 - divided Calenders using 8 1/2x11 page protectors
2 - Polar Fleece Pillows - fairy theme
Polar Fleece Throw - fairy theme
Valance - fairy theme
2 - Hawaiian Men's shirts
Hawaiian Flower Pillow
Custom painted some shelves for my son's room
Spiced Nuts
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Peanut Blossom Cookies
Oatmeal Cookies with chocolate drizzles
Refrigerator Fudge
Truffles
45+ Christmas Cards

I started all this about September and really have been working almost non-stop for the last month to get it all done. It was crazy but, fun. I have a great husband and I do not work. Early bird so I get a lot done before DH wakes.

How is everyone else doing? Finished I hope.....or at least ready to say....you know what? that is all I am doing.

Hope you all have a great holiday!!

Wow you did GREAT! I just finished a few pair of jewelery for my siter and nieces right before they were to show up for dinner today. It was nice to escape in my craft room for just a bit and work on the items that I had planned to have finished way before then...but hey, they did get the items and love them.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #129
Insane Embellisher

I did get to bake 72 surgar cookies and decorate them. I took some pics of them and will upload this week.

I can't tell you gals how excited I am to have found this thread. I am going to use the next several days to get some ideas down that I would like to do for next year. I have a small divided book that I plan on using to put my recipes, ideas, and all my planning in to keep me organized so I am not scrambling around like I was this year....especially the baking for sure! I am also going to check out those pocket planners that was posted a bit earlier. I will share my list and all in the next several days. Thanks so much and hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...can't wait for the new year!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #130
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnkat View Post
I made some criss cross coasters then put a mug with and some hot chocolate or international coffee with. These make great teacher gifts also. Last year I gave one coaste with a decorative coffee mug put a fun pack of hot chocolate and candy cane in them. I have also sent them made into gift tags but made them smaller. I have to play with the pattern first I will post when I get it figure out. Here is the link to make them

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...ross_coas.html
Oh my gosh...too cute! I am going to add this to my sewing idea section. Those are "sew" simple but look like you took hours upon hours to make. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Now, it will give me an excuse to go hit the fabric shops...it's not like I am low on fabric but can't pass up the Joannes after christmas sale.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:24 AM   #131
Crimping Master

I am going to make these snowmen Christmas ornaments. You hang them on your tree using the clothespin.

They are made out of muslin material which is cheap. I hand sewed the letters on and machine sewed the rest. I added little sticks for arms. I plan to give 3 in a cute box as one gift.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2732.jpg  
Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #132
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley's_mom View Post
I really want to make some pillowcases for the kids for sure next year. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for them?

I'll come back and update the rest of my list later.
If you haven't gotten a response yet from anyone else....I have directions to make the Magic Pillowcases. They are 'Magic' because there are no visible seams.

PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you a PDF. I will be out of town until Jan. 4 so, I will send week of Jan 5.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #133
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith View Post
Wow you did GREAT! I just finished a few pair of jewelery for my siter and nieces right before they were to show up for dinner today. It was nice to escape in my craft room for just a bit and work on the items that I had planned to have finished way before then...but hey, they did get the items and love them.
Thanks! I did have a lot of fun making everything!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #134
Die Cut Diva

I have quite a bit of the Christmas organdy fabric, sheer, shimmery and stiff, with assorted designs (holly, candy canes) that I bought LAST year after Christmas. I'm thinking about making gift bags with it, but does anyone have any other ideas? It's see through, but the fabric is kind of stiff. It's gorgeous, I couldn't resist it.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #135
Pearl-ExPert

Oh organdy fabric is awesome. You could make gift bags for what ever you want to put in them. Like if you have a wine bottle make it to fit that wine bottle. You could also use the fabric loose and make it a wrap around something. Like a basket or what ever. Does that make sense?? I am going to make love totes. It is part of a free pattern from Lazy girl yahoo group. You make 2 totes give both of them to someone and in the note to them tell them to give the 2nd tote to someone else. Kind of a pay it forward. I have bought store bags and will use them to make others. So instead of getting paper or plastic I will take my own. I also might make some muslin ones and then stamp on them. Muslin is so not expensive. Kathy
Old 12-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #136
Pearl-ExPert

Oh I also forgot to say. I want to make name frames. I received one from a secret sis and it was NOEL. It was awesome. I hung it up under a clock. I am going to make another one with our name on it. I have seen the frames at our local Dollar Tree. Take a look at this. It is so cute.
Attached Thumbnails
my-stamping-folder-210.jpg  
Old 12-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #137
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLonghorns View Post
I did a 25 projects in 25 days for the month of Dec. on my blog ONLY because I had so many projects to do anyway (made all the gifts for teachers, kid's friends, etc.). They weren't all gifts and I still have one more day to go! Definitely committing myself to my blog was challenging in that I made myself post every day with this type of challenge! Almost went crazy but sure did get a lot done... Happy Holidays!
LOVED your coaster calendars. Do you have the place where we can order the calendar/planner? TIA!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #138
Die Cut Diva

My SIL gives baskets of my assorted cards to teachers (4 of them), extended care providers (about 4 of those), day care (a few of those), etc. etc. etc. so she always requests about 200 asst. cards at the beginning of December.

Also, her family does a dice game for the holidays and she always brings a basket of cards, which gets fought over, so more needed for that, too.

The production is already underway!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #139
Die Cut Diva

Contrapat:

LOVE the gift bag idea (and, love that it is 'eco-friendly' and reusable for the next person!)

SMART!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #140
Die Cut Diva

Cheermom:

My 8-year-old niece made one of the snowman you showed. Her teacher brought a sewing maching to school and helped the kids make them to give to their parents for Christmas. It was hanging on the tree at my brother's.

My niece was SO PROUD that she 'learned how to sew'--------BIG hit with the kids/class (if you are a teacher, a terrific, cheap idea for next year!!!)
Old 12-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #141
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
LOVED your coaster calendars. Do you have the place where we can order the calendar/planner? TIA!
Thanks! A Muse sells these calendars in 3 sizes.... AND 100% of the proceeds go to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. How cool is that?

http://www.amuseartstamps.com/cartge...t.asp?scat=113

Old 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #142
Crimping Master

Default i agree

i thinki will start even earlier for next year for sure. i thought i started ahead of time for this year, but i didnt even get them sent out ...lol, yes i know, sad huh...oh well it's all good.

i've been dealing with sadness, it's weird but after trying to talk about it...key word try, not really successfull though.....it's hard for me sometimes during this time of year.....i tried this year to be "happy"....sighs, i dont know ya know...it's all good.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #143
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to tanjat67

I am also making some jewellery to give as presents and I have already made 2 pairs of earrings which are now on my blog, if anyone wants to check them out.

Tanja

Blog: http://handcraftsupplies.com.au/blog/
Old 12-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #144
Hardware Hotshot

I am starting on working on a collection of QUICK recipes for a gift
for next year. If anyone is interested in participating, here it is:
MONTHLY RECIPE PAGE CHALLENGE

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #145
Mad Swapper

I found a place on line called MidWest Bottle. You can pick and choose sizes of things like plastic tubs for lotions. I am going to make lotion for next year (maybe sooner) and would like to have all the parts on hand. I have not ordered from them before but the prices are great and the shipping is better than Specialty Bottle.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #146
Insane Embellisher

Cheermom - those ornaments are so cute. That is a great idea putting several together for a gift.

cvansluys (Cindy) - I would LOVE that magic pillow case pattern too! I have several pillows I wanted to make and give this year and only complete one. Maybe a new pattern will help me out and a magic one at that. Does it sew itself?? LOL I am kidding...hope I made you chuckle!

contrapat - organdy fabric is soooo beautiful. I am sure whatever you make will wonderful.

stampnkat - Love the the love tote idea. That yahoo group sounds really nice I will have to look it up. Also, that name frame that you recieved from you secret sis is it paper, fabric paper combo, or pattern (quilt like) with fabric. It is really nice.

texaslonghorn - those calendars are the bomb.

Had to go back through and read and get caught up. I printed a couple of months from organizedchristmas.com and started to make some goals. Has everyone started for next year, do you have a plan or are you just winging it or are you waiting til Jan 1?? Just curious. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #147
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyw View Post
I found a place on line called MidWest Bottle. You can pick and choose sizes of things like plastic tubs for lotions. I am going to make lotion for next year (maybe sooner) and would like to have all the parts on hand. I have not ordered from them before but the prices are great and the shipping is better than Specialty Bottle.
The lotion that I made for Christmas this year was a HIT with those that received a jar, three have already asked for the recipe! It's the lotion recipe from the thread here on SCS, "What are you Making for Christmas this year", it's called Denise's Lotion. I'm going to check out your bottle site, THANKS!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #148
Rubber Obsessor

wow! what great ideas - I'll make my lists and write back when I have time to list my own goals! TFS!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #149
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
The lotion that I made for Christmas this year was a HIT with those that received a jar, three have already asked for the recipe! It's the lotion recipe from the thread here on SCS, "What are you Making for Christmas this year", it's called Denise's Lotion. I'm going to check out your bottle site, THANKS!

have been searching that thread...

have yet to come across the recipe for 'denise's lotion'

i have seen all the raves and feel i MUST have the recipe now!

anyone have it?

tia
Old 12-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #150
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momis mama View Post
have been searching that thread...

have yet to come across the recipe for 'denise's lotion'

i have seen all the raves and feel i MUST have the recipe now!

anyone have it?

tia

found it in case anyone else wants it...

Denise's Lotion Recipe
15 ounce vaseline
16 ounce vitamin e cream
"2" 16 ounce baby lotion

Mix all this together with hand mixer in METAL bowl.(it will look like thick cake frosting)
Then spoon into jars with a METAL spoon
(note: don't use anything plastic or your stuff may taste like lotion)
Old 12-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #151
Insane Embellisher

Thanks so much for the recipe. Does the thread indicate how much this makes. This would be nice to make and that Midwest bottle company DOES have great prices.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #152
Inking Addict

I only sent out 4 cards this year. I ususally hit the 30 mark. I think I will start cards and tags - tonight. I work at an elementary school and need so many small gifts to give. I think tags will be a great idea. I can work on them even when I don't have a lot of time. Even though the project is small, I can feel success at finishing something, way before the holiday is near at hand.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #153
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Thanks so much for the recipe. Does the thread indicate how much this makes. This would be nice to make and that Midwest bottle company DOES have great prices.

one of the replies made mention of 18-4oz. jars (72oz.)

i think i will be adding this to the list of stuff i want to make for next year!

off to check the bottles at midwest...
Old 12-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #154
Pearl-ExPert

The Picture frame is done with paper and chipboard letters. She used plain paper first for the base then used a rectangle of background paper. Then used the chipboard letters that she put glitter on. Kathy
Old 12-29-2008, 05:52 AM   #155
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Cheermom - those ornaments are so cute. That is a great idea putting several together for a gift.

cvansluys (Cindy) - I would LOVE that magic pillow case pattern too! I have several pillows I wanted to make and give this year and only complete one. Maybe a new pattern will help me out and a magic one at that. Does it sew itself?? LOL I am kidding...hope I made you chuckle!

contrapat - organdy fabric is soooo beautiful. I am sure whatever you make will wonderful.

stampnkat - Love the the love tote idea. That yahoo group sounds really nice I will have to look it up. Also, that name frame that you recieved from you secret sis is it paper, fabric paper combo, or pattern (quilt like) with fabric. It is really nice.

texaslonghorn - those calendars are the bomb.

Had to go back through and read and get caught up. I printed a couple of months from organizedchristmas.com and started to make some goals. Has everyone started for next year, do you have a plan or are you just winging it or are you waiting til Jan 1?? Just curious. Hope everyone is doing well.
I will be happy to send you the PDF when I return from visiting family for the holidays. And, Yes, you did make me chuckle! It was a big hit with the nephew I made it for.....he is into space things. It was most difficult to find that type of fabric too!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 AM   #156
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by momis mama View Post
found it in case anyone else wants it...

Denise's Lotion Recipe
15 ounce vaseline
16 ounce vitamin e cream
"2" 16 ounce baby lotion

Mix all this together with hand mixer in METAL bowl.(it will look like thick cake frosting)
Then spoon into jars with a METAL spoon
(note: don't use anything plastic or your stuff may taste like lotion)
I saw this on What are you making for Christmas thread about a month ago. I had already planned my gifts by then so, am very happy to have this receipe now. It will be a nice gift to give! Thanks!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #157
Pearl-ExPert

I am starting a list from this thread and 'What are you making for Christmas?' to get some ideas. I don't know that I would use them all but I want something unique for the Moms in our life.

If I can get it together, I would be happy to put it here for all to see instead of hoarding it!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:52 AM   #158
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty14 View Post
Oh, boy! Listening to all these wonderful ideas and the "getting together with friends part" makes me wish I had some friends that stamp, too!

I'm the only one that stamps. The rest all say they have no time or interest.

Oh, pooh!

Guess I'll have to stamp with my cats. They are always trying to get on the table by me any way!
I too don't have any friends that stamp, however, one of my girlfriends enjoys cross stitching so we just get together and do our own thing and at times I need her help and she needs mine on maybe an off the cuff projects we've going on. We try to plan a night a month, we call "productivity night' and do our thing. Now, I've not been able to stamp much at these as of yet, we've been doing it about a year or a little more and we've missed several months, busy schedules and she travels for work sometimes. Currently she has season tickets to the local hockey games (we all used to go some years ago, when we were younger and drank easier ) and the holidays so hopefully we'll pick back up in '09. It helps to have someone else to stamp with because you are like then obligated to do it AND you can tell DBF you have PLANS instead of just "I wanna". My kitty used to stamp with me too but she passed on in June.....I sure miss pushing her aside but she was certainly supportive. My other cat could care less what I'm doing, all she knows is I'm not paying her any attention and isn't happy bout that!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #159
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom View Post
I am going to make these snowmen Christmas ornaments. You hang them on your tree using the clothespin.

They are made out of muslin material which is cheap. I hand sewed the letters on and machine sewed the rest. I added little sticks for arms. I plan to give 3 in a cute box as one gift.
super cute!TFS
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #160
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to QueenPam

I thought because i started in Oct. I was a head of the game not so,i was only able to make 25 cards and 30 book markers