Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Quote:
Originally Posted by momis mama View Post
thanks... i hope you were inspired!

merry christmas to you too!
I did! Especially the tags.....but, I will have to get the Wide Oval Punch first!

Cindy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #42
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
I did! Especially the tags.....but, I will have to get the Wide Oval Punch first!

Cindy

i made them with my friend (she is also a demo) so she supplied all the materials. we had so much fun that day.

so i just ordered the ovals thursday and the word window, 5 petal flower & boho blossoms are next on my hit list!

i just love all the 'punch art' i have seen lately.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #43
Insane Embellisher

Smile

This Christmas I mailed out 75 cards - only 18 of them were newly made the others were what I have made over the past year or so - that have been living in the box - figured I need to use them sometime so I chose this year! I did two Christmas card classes this past month - so I have 40 cards ready to go for next year - and 10 waiting in the wings to be finished (stamped images of a set a friend has - just need to color and assemble!) - my friends and I work on Christmas cards throughout the year so I always have enough by the end of the year!
Last night I finished decorating:
50 jars of lotion
12 perpetual birthday/anniversary calenders,
4 pocket calenders,
made 8 glass ornaments,
2 snow globes
12 mini compostition note books

still need to make
2 foldout mini scrapbooks and finish an afghan!

I just finished baking cookies and made chocolate raisin clusters.

thought of making paper weights but figured I will need ideas for next year so that will be one of them!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Every year I vow to start early, maybe do 10 a month. Every year I wait until the last minute. I still have 10 to make to send out Monday.

I believe My Time has a free template on her blog for a calendar holder thingy I saw. I will look it up see if I can find it.
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Old 12-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #45
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to tanjat67
Smile

Quote:
Oh, that sounds interesting....would you describe it for us? Pics?

Cindy
I am going to buy boxes with lids and I will be putting shredded cellophane paper in the bottom and putting little things in like mini jams, shortbread biscuits, etc. I am going to do for my niece a beauty pack as she is only 6 and likes makeup, nail polish, etc. When I do these next year I will take photo's of them and upload them for you all to have a look at. I will be buying little things during the year to put in them

Tanja

Blog: http://handcraftsupplies.com.au/blog/
Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to thescrapmaster

subbing!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:32 AM   #47
Matboard Maniac

Here's my BIGGEST tip for getting your Christmas stuff done...BLOG EVERYTHING...somehow the pressure of blogging 5+X a week has kept me ON TRACK! All my stuff was ready to go on time this year...all my presents sent on time (usually I'm running around last minute trying to get stuff shipped at the higher rate) All gifts wrapped and all things made...it worked out great for me! Kept me right on track!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:40 AM   #48
Die Cut Diva

In 2008, I promised myself I would make my Christmas cards early. I ended up making them about a week earlier than previous years. This year I really want to start early. I just saw a wonderful Pinecone ornament in the gallery of today's featured stamper, Paula Tracy. I want to track down the tutorial and try making some of these for gifts for next year. I think it is just gorgeous.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
so far i have on my 'stamping goal 2009' list

* 10 christmas cards per month
* 2-4 gift tags for christmas per month
* do valentine's cards/gifts/projects in january
That's my goal too--of course still working on this year's Christmas cards but almost finished.
I'm also going to make 5-10 special occasion cards per month (birthday, wedding, baby shower, sympathy, etc.)

Got lots of stamping resolutions...and I plan to keep every one of them!!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Pea View Post
Here's my BIGGEST tip for getting your Christmas stuff done...BLOG EVERYTHING...somehow the pressure of blogging 5+X a week has kept me ON TRACK! All my stuff was ready to go on time this year...all my presents sent on time (usually I'm running around last minute trying to get stuff shipped at the higher rate) All gifts wrapped and all things made...it worked out great for me! Kept me right on track!
I have thought about starting a blog but, I am not a Demo just a hobbist. I don't craft everyday and not sure if people would find my life all that interesting. But, I do love to chat and show off my stuff.

Good idea and glad it worked for you!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:31 AM   #51
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to harley91

subscribing...thanks for all of the ideas!!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
That's my goal too--of course still working on this year's Christmas cards but almost finished.
I'm also going to make 5-10 special occasion cards per month (birthday, wedding, baby shower, sympathy, etc.)

Got lots of stamping resolutions...and I plan to keep every one of them!!

I like your resolutions....similar to mine. But, I need to add that I am going to scrap one layout per week at least. It's not that I feel I need to "catch up"; rather that I have so many great photos I want to see more often.

Another of my resolutions is to take the swap cards I have, that I do not really need sitting around....now that I am no longer a Demo.....and turn them into cards either for the troops or to give away to family.

Happy Holidays and cheers to keeping those resolutions!
Old 12-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #53
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
it looks like i have about 18 left over from this year... does that count?! lol

so far i have on my 'stamping goal 2009' list

* 10 christmas cards per month
* 2-4 gift tags for christmas per month
* do valentine's cards/gifts/projects in january

keep 'em coming!

i think i am going to make a calendar specifically for my paper crafting projects! guess i need to get on that pretty soon.
I thought some more about this and realized that these are all doable. For me it means setting one night a week to be my crafting night...DH will have to fend for himself or be an easy night for food.

When I was a florist we always planned/worked 2/3 - 6 months in advance of a holiday, depending on what it was. I think that is what I want to gear myself to think like again.

This year, I started in September and got the cards (45) done first. Made a list of all the projects and placed orders (I am a huge online orderer) for products. Used my LSS, Michael's and Hobby Lobby for fill ins. I used an old basket for placing this stash o' stuff in. Then I started making the gifts.

It was a lot of fun and I did not feel the stress because I started so early. I want to get better at this gift making and I know I can come to SCS and find that we are pretty much all in the same boat. I know that I can get some great ideas, tips and hints from you ladies.

I am Grateful!
Old 12-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #54
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
I thought some more about this and realized that these are all doable. For me it means setting one night a week to be my crafting night...DH will have to fend for himself or be an easy night for food.

When I was a florist we always planned/worked 2/3 - 6 months in advance of a holiday, depending on what it was. I think that is what I want to gear myself to think like again.

This year, I started in September and got the cards (45) done first. Made a list of all the projects and placed orders (I am a huge online orderer) for products. Used my LSS, Michael's and Hobby Lobby for fill ins. I used an old basket for placing this stash o' stuff in. Then I started making the gifts.

It was a lot of fun and I did not feel the stress because I started so early. I want to get better at this gift making and I know I can come to SCS and find that we are pretty much all in the same boat. I know that I can get some great ideas, tips and hints from you ladies.

I am Grateful!
I like your idea Cindy! Hope you don't mind if I will follow it as well. Have been trying very hard to have one day a week or every other weekend to do my crafting, but always ended up shopping instead. Needless to say, I have way too much hoarding, so I need to start crafting.

One night a week (I work full time), or plan on one weekend a month (maybe two), but at least do something.

Also like the idea of planning ahead of holidays 2-3 or even six months in advance. Just need to reprogram my brain for "retail" schedule.

Had already started my list of crafts I wanted to start/complete so now it is a matter of "just doing it"!
Thanks,
Sheree
Old 12-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #55
Pearl-ExPert

Sheree most of what influenced my decision to make gifts this year had to do with our finances. I quit my crappy job in April and DH is not making what he usually does (bonus money). Septemeber is when I started. Had I been working I would not have gotten as much accomplished.

Now after the first of the year, I will be looking for something part-time and my time for crafts will be different. So, that is why I am starting Jan 1 making things for next year.

I think the important thing about making a schedule is setting a day to work and sticking to it.

Best of luck with your gifts!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #56
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I am Grateful!

i have also been planning a get together for my stamping friends on one evening every other month.

we usually start at about 3p and stamp & scrap til we can't stand it!

we will either do a pitch-in meal or just order pizza.

we use the 'hall' at church, it has great lighting, lots of tables, bathrooms and a full kitchen.

it does NOT have the distractions of trying to work at home! if you know what i mean.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to stampnkat

This is a great thread. Thanks for starting it. I made several altered frappacino bottles with containers this year. But now I am trying to finish some for Tuesday. I also joined the Christmas Challenge. But I like the idea of making gift tags also monthly. I also quilt I made a quilted jacket for my MIL which 3 other friends and I got together for a day. I got most of it done that day but I had some things done ahead of time. I will have to get my list together and start my things like you guys have. Kathy
Old 12-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #58
Pearl-ExPert

momis mama - I do know what you mean about distractions! My crafting area is in the basement; DH will stay upstairs watching his Sci-Fi channel shows on Friday nights.

He is so good because he knows that I need to craft to get out frustrations, have alone time and just be the artsy fartsy person that I am.

I just joined a couple of groups close by that get together monthly...one to scrapbook and one to card/paper craft. Looking for some social time too!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #59
Pearl-ExPert

One of the things that I want to do next year is make themed baskets o' stuff. Like a pamper basket for my MIL...Denise's lotion, bath pillow, candle, coupon for a facial, etc.......A garden basket for my Sis...a writers basket for Mom.

We have 3 Godchildren...2 girls and 1 boy that I want to make quilts for. Now that may not happen next year but, I will start planning for them anyway.

But, I need some ideas for DH....he loves to grill/cook, he works in the IT field, loves to garden...and he is into gadgets! Anyone got some ideas?

I am also looking for some great teacher gifts.....this year I made French Vanilla Cocoa Mix (mostly because I ran out of time). Anyone got some great ideas for me?
Old 12-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #60
Stampin' Fool

Wink

Oh, boy! Listening to all these wonderful ideas and the "getting together with friends part" makes me wish I had some friends that stamp, too!

I'm the only one that stamps. The rest all say they have no time or interest.

Oh, pooh!

Guess I'll have to stamp with my cats. They are always trying to get on the table by me any way!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #61
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty14 View Post
Oh, boy! Listening to all these wonderful ideas and the "getting together with friends part" makes me wish I had some friends that stamp, too!

Oh, pooh!

Guess I'll have to stamp with my cats. They are always trying to get on the table by me any way!

most of my 'stamping friends' i have met THRU stamping!

it is hard to convert someone to stamping. i think you either love it or you don't. my sis is a 'sewer'. my best friend likes 'other crafts'.

but in my stamping group... we all STAMP!
Old 12-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh, pooh!

check the get it together thread-there you may find a group in your area.
i checked your profile. but you don't list your state or country.
here in central ny we meet often.
on a small scale. we meet at each other homes.
on a larger scale we meet several times a year. that group has grown to more than 30-40 stampers.
hope you check it out. if by chance there isn't a group-start a thread asking for stampers to chat-then plan something
Old 12-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #63
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
check the get it together thread-there you may find a group in your area.
i checked your profile. but you don't list your state or country.
here in central ny we meet often.
on a small scale. we meet at each other homes.
on a larger scale we meet several times a year. that group has grown to more than 30-40 stampers.
hope you check it out. if by chance there isn't a group-start a thread asking for stampers to chat-then plan something
yup!

you could make it a 'virtual stamping group'
Old 12-22-2008, 03:57 AM   #64
Matboard Maniac

subbing, can't get the "thread tools" button to work for me.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:56 AM   #65
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh, pooh!

Yes, go to Get It Together and look for a group in your area or post a new thread looking for stampers like you. It is how I got with my 2 groups and I am having so much fun!

Ooops1! Just saw Momis Mama's note....sorry

Last edited by cvansluys; 12-22-2008 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: correction
Old 12-22-2008, 05:25 AM   #66
Matboard Maniac

I'm going to try and make myself work on Christmas things for the first week of each month next year, maybe that'll help me get to the stuff I didn't have time for this year.
Becky
Old 12-22-2008, 06:30 AM   #67
Insane Embellisher

Default I'm in!

This is a fantastic thread and count me in! I am always trying to run around playing catch up right up til the last minute of the 24th and then spilling over to the wee hours of the morning on the 25th. This next year is going to be different because of this thread. I am going to try and blog about this, set aside a night a week, use a planner, report back to here, and actually have a plan this year. All of these ideas ROCK! keep'em coming and can't wait to get started.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #68
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith View Post
This is a fantastic thread and count me in! I am always trying to run around playing catch up right up til the last minute of the 24th and then spilling over to the wee hours of the morning on the 25th. This next year is going to be different because of this thread. I am going to try and blog about this, set aside a night a week, use a planner, report back to here, and actually have a plan this year. All of these ideas ROCK! keep'em coming and can't wait to get started.
do you have ideas about what you want to make next year that you wanted to make this year and just did not have the time?

Just curious......
Old 12-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #69
Rubber Obsessor

I would like to do more christmas cards as I didn't have the time this year. I will also make my own chocolates, sweets that I didn't get time to do this year. Also does anyone have an idea on how to do a check list of things that they want to do and then mark it of. I was thinking of putting it on my blog so I know what I need to do to get ready for christmas next year but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Any ideas or help would be appre ciated.

Thanks

Tanja

Last edited by tanjat67; 12-22-2008 at 08:28 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #70
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanjat67 View Post
I would like to do more christmas cards as I didn't have the time this year. I will also make my own chocolates, sweets that I didn't get time to do this year. Also does anyone have an idea on how to do a check list of things that they want to do and then mark it of. I was thinking of putting it on my blog so I know what I need to do to get ready for christmas next year but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Thanks

Tanja
Hmm... that sounds like a cool idea! I wonder if there's a "to do list widget" or something. Countdown till Christmas to to list! It would have to be partially in code for me since I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises, but I'm definitely going to look into this. Thanks for the idea.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #71
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goegirl View Post
Hmm... that sounds like a cool idea! I wonder if there's a "to do list widget" or something. Countdown till Christmas to to list! It would have to be partially in code for me since I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises, but I'm definitely going to look into this. Thanks for the idea.
Your welcome

Or even a check list that you can put into a folder

Tanja

Last edited by tanjat67; 12-22-2008 at 10:04 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #72
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy

Thankfully, I have not been rushed this Christmas season. I started in early October and that worked for what I wanted to accomplish. I just have some finishing touches to put on one gift and Christmas eve dinner to cook.

This year I made a bunch of items for Craft Fair and they are in my gallery.

Every year I make cards for Christmas for others to use but mail out store bought because I just can not resist the Disney Christmas cards. This year I gave my Moms boss 40 cards to use for clients. I only give out 23 cards so I could easily use what I make. I also make as many gifts as I can but many in my family are not homeade gift appriciators .

This year I made:
a 12x12 calendar
5 bookmarks
coaster brag book
3 6x6 cookbooks (with much help from swaps)
3 boxes of love
6 holiday fudge
1 nugget box
2 trays of cookies
made 3 gift bags

I also picked up many stocking stuffers off the recycle pif here on SCS.

I baked like you wouldn't believe since we have been snowed in for far too many days.
I made:
peanut butter fudge
S'more
shortbread
oatmeal cookies
peanut butter balls
snickerdoodles
chocolate no bakes
puggie woogies
marshmallows rolled in carmel rolled in rice crispys
espresso logs
rocky road brownies
thumb print cookies

BUT keep in mind I am disable so I am home far too much and my DD is 13 so after we homeschool my time is my own.

Next year I would like to get much more done.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:50 AM   #73
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterdovefairy View Post
Thankfully, I have not been rushed this Christmas season. I started in early October and that worked for what I wanted to accomplish. I just have some finishing touches to put on one gift and Christmas eve dinner to cook.

Every year I make cards for Christmas for others to use but mail out store bought because I just can not resist the Disney Christmas cards. This year I gave my Moms boss 40 cards to use for clients. I only give out 23 cards so I could easily use what I make. I also make as many gifts as I can but many in my family are not homeade gift appriciators .

This year I made:
a 12x12 calendar
5 bookmarks
coaster brag book
3 boxes of love
6 holiday fudge
1 nugget box
2 trays of cookies
made 3 gift bags

I baked like you wouldn't believe since we have been snowed in for far too many days.
I made:
peanut butter fudge
S'more
shortbread
oatmeal cookies
peanut butter balls
snickerdoodles
chocolate no bakes
puggie woogies
espresso logs
rocky road brownies
thumb print cookies

BUT keep in mind I am disable so I am home far too much and my DD is 13 so after we homeschool my time is my own.

Wow! YOu did do a lot of baking and crafting! But, I would like to know what the "boxes of love" are?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:51 AM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

I suggest reading through the two "what are you making for Christmas" threads. Tons of great ideas and recipes in them.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 AM   #75
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
do you have ideas about what you want to make next year that you wanted to make this year and just did not have the time?

Just curious......

Oh my gosh Cindy....EVERYTHING.... Kidding but sure feels like it right now!! Several things that stand out that I really wanted to do and that was make several different kinds of ornaments, plan enough cards like momma_is_mom. Those are just a few and the most that stand out to me.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:04 AM   #76
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Wow! YOu did do a lot of baking and crafting! But, I would like to know what the "boxes of love" are?
me too...also puggie woogies
Old 12-23-2008, 05:10 AM   #77
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanjat67 View Post

Thanks

Tanja
i picked up a simple calendar this weekend and i am planning on using it to, mark dates for certain projects, make notes and keep track...

i am open to other ideas too!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:11 AM   #78
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy929 View Post
I suggest reading through the two "what are you making for Christmas" threads. Tons of great ideas and recipes in them.
Oh yes, I know....I am making a list while I am visiting the In-Laws for the next 10 days.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #79
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterdovefairy View Post

This year I made:
a 12x12 calendar
5 bookmarks
coaster brag book
3 boxes of love
6 holiday fudge
1 nugget box
2 trays of cookies
made 3 gift bags

I made:
peanut butter fudge
S'more
shortbread
oatmeal cookies
peanut butter balls
snickerdoodles
chocolate no bakes
puggie woogies
espresso logs
rocky road brownies
thumb print cookies

A lot in my husbands family are that way too but, tough! It is who I am and it is my way of saying "I love you!" What they do with it afterwards is their choice.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:29 AM   #80
Rubber Obsessor

Hmm...I need to do this too...

...heading off to map out a workable schedule on the calendar to take me through next year...

I think I will just make a separate Microsoft Office calendar dedicated to this!

Thanks for the idea, ladies....