Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #561
Pearl-ExPert

Ah, Christmas Tree Ornaments! This is what I made for my husband's 2nd grade class for their gift from the teacher. Such an easy thing to put together and you know it will get used!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
So many wonderful ideas here. Thanks for the input everyone. I haven't read all the pages and pages of messages yet (working my way thru them with my morning coffee every day!), but 2 things I plan to make are a bunch of Christmas tree ornaments for my son and DIL who were married in Jan. so this will be their first married Christmas together. That way I can add a few more every year. I also want to make some bird mobiles using the Spellbinders 3-nested-birds set, (there's a cute one on this site:
http://stampaction.typepad.com/stamp...wers-dies.html (scroll down the page)
and will make Christmas decorations using the same die cut and Christmas BG paper/giftwrap scraps/stamped cardstock. I'm not sure if the die cut works on shrink plastic (anyone know?), but if it does then those little birds would make cute stamped keyrings. Sets of cards are also usually well received of course.
Keep the ideas coming ...!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #562
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Okay Patrice......I will be posting my Christmas cards today.....need hubby's help something is not working with my PC and uploading my pics. I am nearly finished with Cards. Then I plan on working on tags....for me and as gifts at Thanksgiving. This year I want to give them a dozen or so nice tags and a Christmas planner.

So.........as soon as the garden starts waining, I will get really busy with the gifts!!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #563
Kookie Creator

I have been busy making recipe "books" for the family for Christmas. I will post when I take pictures. I am waiting for my son to return my camera. : )
Old 07-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #564
Crimping Master

Loved all the links for the organizers! Thank you everyone! I am actually having a Christmas in July class at my house next week and all of the ladies will be making an organizer. You can see my organizer on my blog:

http://stampingnurse.blogspot.com/20...organizer.html
Old 07-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #565
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
Loved all the links for the organizers! Thank you everyone! I am actually having a Christmas in July class at my house next week and all of the ladies will be making an organizer. You can see my organizer on my blog:

http://stampingnurse.blogspot.com/20...organizer.html
That looks like a real nice one! Glad you found one that made you happy! Hope you have a great class next week!!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #566
Insane Embellisher

Default Stamped scarves

I have made many of these scarves in the past few years, mostly as gifts, and they are always a hit. I buy cheap chiffon fabric, wash it, tear a strip about 12-15" wide (don't cut it - you want the fluffy edges, i.e. pull strands of the thread off the edges up to 1/4" all around), stamp as much as you like using Fabrico fabric ink, heat set by putting in the tumbledryer for awhile on hot (or iron carefully between 2 old kitchen towels or something similar), grab all your co-ordinating scraps of fibers and thin ribbon (you can knot them together if the bits aren't long enough - the knots won't show clearly when they're sewn over, and if they do they look like part of the design anyway!), cut fibers about 18-24" longer than the fabric so that you have loose bits hanging off both ends forming a fringe, bunch 3 or 4 different textures/colors of fibers/ribbon together, twist them together loosely, lay 7-8 bunches across the length of your fabric scarf and pin in a few places to hold in place while you sew. Zigzag sew down the bunches of fibers, spacing the bunches more or less evenly (see pics). When you've done one side, turn over and do the same on the other side (the sewing will be showing through so it's easier to see where to lay the fibers this time). You don't have to sew carefully over every little bit of fiber/ribbon - as long as there's enough sewing here and there to hold them in place. I also sometimes sew little charms, sequins and beads randomly onto the fibers afterwards to add a bit of sparkle. I'm terrible at describing things properly, but hope these pics of 2 of my own scarves below will explain things a bit better (or PM me if it's not clear and you want to ask a question). Anyway, they're worth the effort and are so lovely and soft and colorful for the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
scarf1.jpg   scarf-001.jpg   scarf-002.jpg  
Happy Fan Club member.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 AM   #567
Mad Swapper

Post #543 has information on making lip gloss with stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps. I ordered the stamps and my son made lip gloss to sell to the neighbor kids this week. You can see photos on my blog. (Sorry, I am not good at linking yet).

I used bead holders to hold the lip gloss. They are small round clear platic holders, sold in a tray of 24. Walmart had them for $6.49 and Joann's sold them for $9.99. They were the perfect size for this project. A 1 1/4 inch punch works perfect for the top design but my son chose something differentto use.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #568
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyw View Post
Post #543 has information on making lip gloss with stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps. I ordered the stamps and my son made lip gloss to sell to the neighbor kids this week. You can see photos on my blog. (Sorry, I am not good at linking yet).

I used bead holders to hold the lip gloss. They are small round clear platic holders, sold in a tray of 24. Walmart had them for $6.49 and Joann's sold them for $9.99. They were the perfect size for this project. A 1 1/4 inch punch works perfect for the top design but my son chose something differentto use.
Those were very cute, TFS!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #569
Gabfest Goddess

Cindy, here is a link to a cute gift tag holder:
http://clearlyistamp.typepad.com/my_...t-of-tags.html
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #570
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I used bead holders to hold the lip gloss. They are small round clear plastic holders, sold in a tray of 24. Walmart had them for $6.49 and Joann's sold them for $9.99. They were the perfect size for this project. A 1 1/4 inch punch works perfect for the top design but my son chose something different to use.
The tutorial for the lip gloss is June 5, 2009. My I be nosy and ask what your son sold them for?
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #571
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

How adorable! My DD has a spa slumber party coming up and this would be a perfect craft for the girls!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:44 AM   #572
Pearl-ExPert

Looking through the Christmas Cards and found this poster with her rendition of Altered Frapp Bottles. What was different was that she used Making Memories Paint for the lids. She said 2-3 coats and had no problems with scratching or peeling. She is bsburn99.

I have been saving my bottles for awhile now to use. Just have to find the MM paint!!
Attached Thumbnails
frapp_bottles_001_by_bsburn99.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #573
Gabfest Goddess

Cindy, could you do a google search or call one of your local scrapbook stores and ask too.
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #574
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Cindy, could you do a google search or call one of your local scrapbook stores and ask too.
Yep, Mary, that's my plan first.....try the stores in town first, then go online. Thanks for the thought!!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #575
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
Looking through the Christmas Cards and found this poster with her rendition of Altered Frapp Bottles. What was different was that she used Making Memories Paint for the lids. She said 2-3 coats and had no problems with scratching or peeling. She is bsburn99.

I have been saving my bottles for awhile now to use. Just have to find the MM paint!!
I made some of these with the painted lids last year. I used regular acrylic paint (maybe 2 coats) and then sealed it with a spray acrylic sealant because I wanted a "shiny" finish. HTH as well....
Old 07-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #576
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
I have made many of these scarves in the past few years, mostly as gifts, and they are always a hit. I buy cheap chiffon fabric, wash it, tear a strip about 12-15" wide (don't cut it - you want the fluffy edges, i.e. pull strands of the thread off the edges up to 1/4" all around), stamp as much as you like using Fabrico fabric ink, heat set by putting in the tumbledryer for awhile on hot (or iron carefully between 2 old kitchen towels or something similar), grab all your co-ordinating scraps of fibers and thin ribbon (you can knot them together if the bits aren't long enough - the knots won't show clearly when they're sewn over, and if they do they look like part of the design anyway!), cut fibers about 18-24" longer than the fabric so that you have loose bits hanging off both ends forming a fringe, bunch 3 or 4 different textures/colors of fibers/ribbon together, twist them together loosely, lay 7-8 bunches across the length of your fabric scarf and pin in a few places to hold in place while you sew. Zigzag sew down the bunches of fibers, spacing the bunches more or less evenly (see pics). When you've done one side, turn over and do the same on the other side (the sewing will be showing through so it's easier to see where to lay the fibers this time). You don't have to sew carefully over every little bit of fiber/ribbon - as long as there's enough sewing here and there to hold them in place. I also sometimes sew little charms, sequins and beads randomly onto the fibers afterwards to add a bit of sparkle. I'm terrible at describing things properly, but hope these pics of 2 of my own scarves below will explain things a bit better (or PM me if it's not clear and you want to ask a question). Anyway, they're worth the effort and are so lovely and soft and colorful for the winter.
I just love your scarves. Thanks so much for sharing. I have lots of fun fibers left over from various projects that I could use for these. Now I just have to find the fabric.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #577
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Oh my goodness, I hope not! My DH got laid off earlier this year and we were almost sick with worry. But a few months ago, he called a friend and the friend was able to get him a position that will go through Sept. After that we may be in the same boat again.

I did not work last year and so made all my gifts too! I have some ideas in my gallery. Did not make recipe boxes or Trivits though. Good thoughts!!

Best to you!!!
I made lots of stuff last year, too. I told all of my older grandkids - The price of being a loved grandchild is you have to put up with handmade things from me!

Several of them are old enough now to appreciate handmade items and seemed to be really pleased with the things I made for them. One sweet granddaughter in her late teens said, "Oh I will take this with me to my first place and feel so loved."

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #578
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a link for free printables, lots of stuff for Christmas:
http://alenkasprintables.com/
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #579
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I got to Hobby Lobby over the weekend, they have the Christmas stuff out, and clearing the summer aisles to make room for more holiday items. I got ideas.

Patrice
Old 07-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #580
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLOR View Post
I got to Hobby Lobby over the weekend, they have the Christmas stuff out, and clearing the summer aisles to make room for more holiday items. I got ideas.

Patrice
And they are??????? Just giving you the business Patrice!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #581
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Cindy, I was in Archiver's today and they had about 6 bottles of MM paint in the $1.99 area, if you have an Archiver's near you, you might want to call and see if they have any. Mary
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #582
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLOR View Post

Patrice
What kind of ideas did you find at Hobby Lobby? You must share now that you've tease us!
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #583
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Cindy, I was in Archiver's today and they had about 6 bottles of MM paint in the $1.99 area, if you have an Archiver's near you, you might want to call and see if they have any. Mary
Thanks Mary.....I will give them a call tomorrow. I will also call my LSS around the corner but, I think they stopped carrying paints.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #584
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I found the flat ceramic ornaments that can be stamped on, and some pretty ornamnet hooks. Got the boys the wooden ornaments, and some cheap markers. They can color them, tie on gifts and tags. Got material on sale, using for some holiday tablerunners, placemats.

I also found a unique looking metal bowl on the clearance aisle. A coat of spray paint will have it looking nice and shiny for the holidays. Cost me $4.00, and I may use it for a centerpiece, filling it with the clear ball ornaments that I have painted and embellished.

I am going to iron material tonight. Hope something decent is on tv tonight. lol

Patrice
Old 07-31-2009, 04:21 AM   #585
Pearl-ExPert

Nearly finished with my Christmas cards folks. I feel very good about this but, I wonder what I will have to have from the new SU Mini coming out Sept.1???? I am leaving about 10 or so just in case I find something I cannot live without!

I posted cards to my gallery if you want to look......http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=187303
Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #586
Crimping Master

Quote:
Nearly finished with my Christmas cards folks. I feel very good about this but, I wonder what I will have to have from the new SU Mini coming out Sept.1???? I am leaving about 10 or so just in case I find something I cannot live without!

I posted cards to my gallery if you want to look......http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=187303
I am so jealous! Your cards are beautiful and done so early! I have about 4 done on a list of 62!

Here is a copy of the Holiday Mini.....someone had posted it on SCS and I couldn't resist peaking!

Enjoy!
Beth
Old 07-31-2009, 07:25 AM   #587
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
I am so jealous! Your cards are beautiful and done so early! I have about 4 done on a list of 62!

Here is a copy of the Holiday Mini.....someone had posted it on SCS and I couldn't resist peaking!

Enjoy!
Beth
Thanks Beth! I just did not want to be making cards at the last minute again! This way I can concentrate on making tags, bags, decorations and gifts....oh and bake!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #588
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now. I've gotten started on my cards, made my Christmas organizer, bought the organize you mess by Christmas book and started to look for Christmas gifts I might be able to make. Then I found this sewing craft on line. I laughed until tears were running down my face. Here it is. Make one, enjoy one, laugh at one.
http://www.craftbits.com/project/bra-evening-purse
"Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted, but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known." Garrison Keiller
Old 08-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #589
Polyshrink Goddess

Beth - this would certainly generate some conversation! thanks for sharing...

rita w
Old 08-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #590
Polyshrink Goddess

subbing
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #591
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a cool site for calendars:
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/1002/
and alot of others things too!
Proud RAK Member
Old 08-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #592
Stampin' Fool

Smile

What is this thread doing way back on pg 4?

Front and center, we are burning daylight here. lol

Patrice
Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #593
Gabfest Goddess

Here is an idea for a child's apron:
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/08/0...pron-tutorial/
Proud RAK Member
Old 08-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #594
Mad Swapper

My child's apron? No way! I want to make it for myself!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #595
Stampin' Fool

Wink

Friday bump
Old 08-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #596
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycatbillybob View Post
Okay, I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now. I've gotten started on my cards, made my Christmas organizer, bought the organize you mess by Christmas book and started to look for Christmas gifts I might be able to make. Then I found this sewing craft on line. I laughed until tears were running down my face. Here it is. Make one, enjoy one, laugh at one.
http://www.craftbits.com/project/bra-evening-purse
Just when you thought you'd seen everything....
Thanks for the laugh!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #597
Pearl-ExPert

I love that Skip To My Lou Blog!! Did you see the Pocket Tissue Holder? That would make a great Teacher gift.....it looks so easy to make!! And you could you scaps, if you have them! http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/09/02/3383/

Make the Reversable Tote to go with.....what Teacher or Bookworm wouldn't love that!!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #598
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I love that Skip To My Lou Blog!! Did you see the Pocket Tissue Holder? That would make a great Teacher gift.....it looks so easy to make!! And you could you scaps, if you have them! http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/09/02/3383/

Make the Reversable Tote to go with.....what Teacher or Bookworm wouldn't love that!!
I found this blog last year and get her e-mail updates, I really like some of her ideas!
Proud RAK Member
Old 08-09-2009, 05:39 AM   #599
Crimping Master

I have not read through all the threads but this year I am revamping an idea I did several years ago.

Fill the wisk part of a kitchen wisk with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. I wrap it in cellophane and add a big bow. Then I type and stamp a cute tag that reads "Wisking you a Merry Christmas". Hugs and Kisses, signed xxxx

I saw this idea on a website - could have been here, years ago. Now that my DD is in a new school with new teachers I can do this idea again. It is a small inexpensive gift but a very cute idea.

My Gallery
Old 08-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #600
Kookie Creator

What a great idea! I'll be looking for cheap whisks!