Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #481
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
OOOOH! Elf Clogs http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...o-your-el.html
You could fill them for teachers!
Those are too cute!! Thanks for the link, Cindy!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #482
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendem19 View Post
Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

Last year I did cards, as always, lotion (huge hit - tip, leave some unscented for those who are scent-sitive or for babies), friendship tea, and a few other items.

This year I am hoping to do placemats or coasters, pillowcases, an ornament of some kind, and baking. Not sure what else yet.

Jen
I'm thinking of making some of the lotion this year for gifts. How did you make it unscented? Did you just use "unscented" baby lotion? TIA
Old 07-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #483
Crimping Master

Ladies, I am looking for a Christmas Portfolio/Organizer type thing to make at our Christmas in July stamp camp, but can't find the directions now. Does anyone happen to have directions for them?

The ones I remember were made out of pocket folders, and had lists for xmas cards, shopping, etc.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #484
Kookie Creator

Can I join? This thread is great. I do a few craft shows too and am always looking for ideas. I love to give my LARGE family homemade gifts too
Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #485
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
Ladies, I am looking for a Christmas Portfolio/Organizer type thing to make at our Christmas in July stamp camp, but can't find the directions now. Does anyone happen to have directions for them?

The ones I remember were made out of pocket folders, and had lists for xmas cards, shopping, etc.

Thanks!

Try these -
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...as%20organizer

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...as%20organizer

they are the ones that I have saved. I'm sure that there are tons more out there.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #486
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys
Smile Jams Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramics View Post
Cindy - Do you have the recipes for all your jams and jellies? Would you care to share them. My email is annette@ink-paper-scissors-rock.com

I would love to try some.
Haven't started working on cards and gifts yet. But after reading this thread - I am inspired by all the ideas and fun projects and cards everyone is doing.
I will post the jams and Jellies here.....in the middle of something right now....maybe tonight or tomorrow. Have several that are so good. Making Sweet Cherry Jam and Blueberry-Lemon Jam tonight!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #487
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Those are too cute!! Thanks for the link, Cindy!

Yeah, Mary, thought they were adorable and were probably quick to make up with Felt and Floss!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #488
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri'L View Post
Can I join? This thread is great. I do a few craft shows too and am always looking for ideas. I love to give my LARGE family homemade gifts too
You are going to find some really great ideas here....not patting myself on the back.....so many creative folks here!!

Thanks to Patrice for starting this thread!!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #489
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a good link for Christmas ideas:
http://organizedchristmas.com/
I just found directions for one of those Cool Tie!
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #490
Pearl-ExPert

Those elf shoes are adorable. I think I'm going to try them for the support staff gift for the holidays. Did you check out the gallery for the elf shoes on the blog. There was a very cute one that she called fairy clog, very cute and fun looking. And that woman's craft room is adorable, very bright and colorful with all the fabric and painting of walls and furniture. That would be a nice place to work in.

I do wool felt projects along with my papercrafts. I've made stockings for family out of wool felt with something appliqued on the front, and penny rugs too. I really can't sew but I can get these kinds of things done (my sewing sister helps sew the stockings together if I need it).

Last year I made DVD tins for my sisters, with notepads in them (got in on a buy on someone's blog - came with the DVD tin and one cut down note pad (I bought extra note pads too). Just covered them with designer paper, put a little on the note pad, added a pen. And they loved them. I made one Christmasy but I kept that one, the others were every day. My one sister carries it with her always and it always makes me smile when she pulls it out to put receipts in it or write something down on the pad. I like to know when the stuff I make is being used.

The other thing I make my sisters are calendars every year. Mostly the coaster sized, although last year I did a different one (they were longer and the top has the calendar and there are lines below so you can write in special days, birthdays, etc for that month). They were quicker and I was running out of time! But they turned out cute.

Cards too, my one sister does papercrafts with me, the other sews. But I give them cards and they like that (especially the non-paper sister).

I gave everyone last year (after Thanksgiving) gift tags. I wish I had taken pictures of them because (if I may say so myself) they were gorgeous. I don't praise my work a lot but these I loved. They were with the SU paper (from the winter mini) and rub ons and the merry and bright snowman (who I love!!) Big ones, little ones, whatever I felt like. Everyone got about 20 tags. My one sister in law (who is an artist - painter) wouldn't use them because they were too nice. Hopefully she will use them this year cause they are getting more!

I usually give everyone cards and I think I'll add any occasion tags too. For my one sister in law (the artist) I took pictures of her beautiful gardens and made cards out of the pictures for her one year for her birthday. She loved that -

Those planners that have been posted on here (using a manilla folder) were a hit too. I did some for a craft sale and they sold like crazy. And gave the left overs to family.

And I also did planners using notepads that Target sells or used to sell. Spiral notebook that had dividers in it, and a built in pen. Covered with paper, embelished the divider parts and added ribbon on the spine, etc. People loved them and they were a blast to do.

But now I gotta figure out what to do this year. I think I'm trying that lotion, and more cards/tags for people. But I want to find something for my sisters that is different and WOW for them. but I've found lots of ideas on this posting for gifts.

Mary

MY GALLERY
Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #491
Crimping Master

Mary,would love to see more of your stuff,checked out your gallery,great job!!! Do you do indavidual coasters,this and sets are always HOT for me,love the nuggets,did pepermint orniments last year not a big seller,debating on the nuggets,loved your bookmarks,am working on some too,the altered paper clips,what did you use to hold the paper on??? I have dementionals but think they still give,hate the mess of hot glue,but have not tried. Would love more info on your callenders.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #492
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for your comments on my super small gallery. I always forget to take pictures of things when I finally get them done and before I give them away. Gotta get better about that.

When I did the coasters as gifts, I did a four pack. For my craft sale, I did a four pack too, priced it at $12 I think. I think individual ones would have been a good idea too.

The peppermint patties sold really well. The sale I had them in was in the fall so I did Halloween themes on them. People really liked them but its hard to sell them and make a profit on them. Nugget boxes were HUGE at the sale, but same thing on pricing them. But people bought them for little gifts for coworkers, etc. I did some up with a matching card too on one of my sales.

The paper clips I found to be a pain to put together. I did use pop dots and/or glue dots, the thicker glue dots would work well too (I didn't know about those until recently though). They do give with the dimensionals or glue dots, but they hold up well.

I'll try to post a calendar or a link to the ones I used. I really like giving those as gifts, because people really do use them and seem to like them. And they are a quick gift to make. I've sold them at fairs too and they sell very well.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #493
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to stampnkat

I have made for teachers the last couple of years good thing we had different teachers the frappicino bottles and filled with hot chocolate mixes, kisses, and marshmellows. I have a couple of pictures in my gallery if you want to take a look. I have a friend who drinks them and my son works in a cafeteria and they save me the boxes. Fun to fill and make.

Looking for a few more players hope you will take a look and join in the fun.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=442052
Old 07-11-2009, 04:18 AM   #494
Pearl-ExPert

Stampinkat,

Thinking of doing that as well this year. Our stores generally do not put the 4 packs of Frappacino on sale. They do, however, put the individual bottles on sale and I have been buying them. I would like to find a couple of boxes....maybe I can ask on of the stores for a couple.

I wanted to tell you that you have a great gallery and love your decorated bottles!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #495
Gabfest Goddess

Stampnkat, what kind of hot chocolate mix to you fill your bottles with?

Also, a note on the lotion, I made some to give to my husband's co-workers (ladies) some small jars of lotion and he told me just the other day that one of the ladies would like a re-fill!! She just loves the lotion and uses it every day. So I sent the recipe in with him so she can now make her own!
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #496
Gabfest Goddess

mrussom, looks like you had a very nice variety of items on your sale!
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #497
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy Thanks so much for the compliment. I love making the bottles and containers. Someone suggested to spray paint the container and then you don't have to worry about doing the peaks and matching up. Which is what I have done with last 4 or 5 I have made. I try to pick a color that will accent the background paper that I am using.
I would say all the store can say is no if you asked them to save them for you. If you can't find any let me know and I will send you some you can just reimburse the shipping. I am sure my son would love to have them save some more. Just let me know. Kathy

Quote:
Stampinkat,

Thinking of doing that as well this year. Our stores generally do not put the 4 packs of Frappacino on sale. They do, however, put the individual bottles on sale and I have been buying them. I would like to find a couple of boxes....maybe I can ask on of the stores for a couple.

I wanted to tell you that you have a great gallery and love your decorated bottles!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #498
Pearl-ExPert

I make my hot chocolate mix. I make them in different flavors like French vanilla and Hazelnut. The way the flavor is done is using flavored non dairy cream. I bought mine at walmart the store brand. The recipe I use had powdered sugar, nesquik, powder milk, and non dairy creamer. I think you can just do a google search. I make mine up in a 5 quart ice cream bucket. Kathy

Quote:

Also, a note on the lotion, I made some to give to my husband's co-workers (ladies) some small jars of lotion and he told me just the other day that one of the ladies would like a re-fill!! She just loves the lotion and uses it every day. So I sent the recipe in with him so she can now make her own!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #499
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Crafter View Post
I'm thinking of making some of the lotion this year for gifts. How did you make it unscented? Did you just use "unscented" baby lotion? TIA
Yup. I used the no scent, baby one (so it was dye free, basically completely irritant/allergen free). It went over huge!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #500
Crimping Master

Stampnkat,you may be pleased with using tissue paper in each pocket of the frap bottles,I have cut the tissue so I have a stack on hand,place my bottle in the center and place it in the box,it adds a nice touch and takes care of the center of the box.
Mary,the next time you do canenders put them in your gallery,would love to see.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #501
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Tile Directions Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Thanks for your comments on my super small gallery. I always forget to take pictures of things when I finally get them done and before I give them away. Gotta get better about that.

When I did the coasters as gifts, I did a four pack. For my craft sale, I did a four pack too, priced it at $12 I think. I think individual ones would have been a good idea too.

The peppermint patties sold really well. The sale I had them in was in the fall so I did Halloween themes on them. People really liked them but its hard to sell them and make a profit on them. Nugget boxes were HUGE at the sale, but same thing on pricing them. But people bought them for little gifts for coworkers, etc. I did some up with a matching card too on one of my sales.

The paper clips I found to be a pain to put together. I did use pop dots and/or glue dots, the thicker glue dots would work well too (I didn't know about those until recently though). They do give with the dimensionals or glue dots, but they hold up well.

I'll try to post a calendar or a link to the ones I used. I really like giving those as gifts, because people really do use them and seem to like them. And they are a quick gift to make. I've sold them at fairs too and they sell very well.
Mary,

I would love to know if you have a link available for the directions on the coasters. What inks to use and how to color them in. I think these would make neat and inexpensive gifts for siblings and DH's siblings.

Thanks so much! Oh, I too would love to see your calendars!

Last edited by cvansluys; 07-12-2009 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 07-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #502
Gabfest Goddess

Cindy, Here is an excellent video tut. by Gina K. on coasters:
http://stamptv.ning.com/video/tile-coasters
I've found the tiles at Lowe's, 9 for under $5 and the bumper pads at Lowe's for under $2.
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #503
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Cindy, Here is an excellent video tut. by Gina K. on coasters:
http://stamptv.ning.com/video/tile-coasters
I've found the tiles at Lowe's, 9 for under $5 and the bumper pads at Lowe's for under $2.

Thanks Mary! That was one of the best tutorials ever! Will be making these soon.....have to get some other colors of Staz On!!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #504
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Thanks Mary! That was one of the best tutorials ever! Will be making these soon.....have to get some other colors of Staz On!!
i agree great tutorial! wonder if you could color in with sharpies?
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #505
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a link to a WONDERFUL blog, she has many,many neat ideas and alot of free printable available too!!
http://www.happybirdscraftinghaven.com/
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #506
Gabfest Goddess

Default Coloring Coasters With Sharpies

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaswife View Post
i agree great tutorial! wonder if you could color in with sharpies?
I haven't tried them but I've read on other threads where others have.
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #507
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

i have one you might like...

hot cocoa mix
6 1/2 c. powdered milk
1-5 oz. pkg. cook & serve chocolate pudding
1 c. powdered chocolate milk drink mix
1/2 c. powdered non-dairy creamer
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder

can be stored in a dry area for 3 months.
dissolve 1/3 c. cocoa mix in 1 c. boiling water... ENJOY! i did! i made an extra batch for US!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #508
Crimping Master

I will be having a Holiday Open House in October and wanted to make some of the Holiday planners...does anyone have a tutorial or a link?

BTW - made the lotion last year for the open house and it was a huge seller...especially once I put a sample on my table!

Thanks in advance!
Beth
Old 07-13-2009, 06:34 AM   #509
Pearl-ExPert

The coasters are really easy, fun and inexpensive to make and give as gifts. I used Stayzon as my ink. And I did try to color with Sharpies but the tile is bumpy so its hard to do that (I thought). I used the nonsealed tiles, and they are rough on top. They come in a box of 9 and I opened the box and kind of went through, replacing the ones that were really gouged out. I used all different stamps, ones that I didn't have to color in. Lovely as a Tree works great. The word background stamps look great too with a stamped image on top (you can either mask it or not). I didn't do anything to seal mine but some people do back it for a while. You can spray a sealer on too, but then they are sealed and water/moisture will run off instead of going into the coaster. Mine have held up with glasses of all sorts on top of them, the images didn't smear or smudge without sealing.

I put felt pads on the bottom of the coasters too (on the corners) cause they are rough and can scratch furniture.

Oh and I washed my coasters before I used them cause they are filmy. Takes a while to dry so wipe them down or rinse them off and leave them alone for a day (especially if you rinse like I did the first time).

I think there is a tutorial on this site as well for the coasters and tons of images in the galleries for coasters.

I think it would be a great gift to give a coaster, mug and coffees or hot cocoa mix as a gift. You could stamp on the mug (I'm not very good at stamping no round surfaces though) or use a rub on (which are just awesome I think!).

Here are links to the calendar templates that I used for my calendars. This one - CAT's 2010 Mini Tear-Off & Coaster Calendar Template you adhere to coasters or paper cut the size of a 4 x 4 coaster. Here is an example I found in the gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...99?si=calendar

I had coasters as my front and back pieces and the pages were 4 x 4 cardstock, corner rounded (to make the coaster shape) with the calendar adhered. Used designer paper, stamps, whatever to decorate the page. They are so fun to do cause you can make them however you want. Each page can have a theme for the holiday associated for the month or just pick a color/paper scheme and make it like that. I've done it both ways and they turn out great either way.

With making the themed pages, it takes longer but you get to use LOTS of different stamp sets. So it makes a bit of a clutter mess too. But that's part of the fun of crafting, now isn't it??

this one - CAT's 2010 "Create-A-Calendar" Template is a longer calendar. Its to be like the create a calendar kit that SU sold last year. I couldn't find an example in the gallery with this template but its super simple. The template prints out a few on a sheet. You just cut them down to the size it tells you on the print out and that's your calendar page. I didn't adhere it to anything (so use cardstock to print it out). Once I got them all printed and cut out, I did have to cut a bit more cause some were not exactly the right size - I assume its a printer thing. Mine I have at work is 3 1/4 x 8 inches. I stamped an image at the bottom of the page (where the lines are for important dates for the month) and I just made it light - I used Upsy Daisy in So Saffron so you can see it but you can still write over it.

I then cut cardboard a bit wider than the pages, covered it with designer paper, punched two holes on top of everything (with my handi crop a dile) and put the rings in and its done (do that with the other calendar too!). They stand up too which is great.

The woman who created the templates that I posted here also has templates for other calendars. Bookmark calendars which would be great. Rip off calendars (they are smaller, you staple them together and adhere to a coaster or something - you rip off the calendar each month - there are lots in the gallery where people have made these as fridge magnets.

Anyway I hope that helps. If you have questions ask away and I'll do my best!

Mary

MY GALLERY
Old 07-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #510
Pearl-ExPert

I like this too: http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststamp...n-cocoa-to-go/

She has such cute projects and templates - some you pay for but they seem well worth it to me. This one is free though. I think this would be a nice substitute if you can't find frap bottles/carrying holders.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 AM   #511
Pearl-ExPert

And this one too: http://inkingidaho-tutorials.blogspo...-cart-395.html

Her site has lots of templates, you pay for them but they are so nice. I like this one a lot (and I even have the stamp set she used!!!) and I again think it would be great instead of buying/using/finding the frap bottles, holders.

she had a 12 days of Christmas (something like that) set of templates last year and I hope she comes out with something like that again this year.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #512
Crimping Master

Quote:
The coasters are really easy, fun and inexpensive to make and give as gifts. I used Stayzon as my ink. And I did try to color with Sharpies but the tile is bumpy so its hard to do that (I thought). I used the nonsealed tiles, and they are rough on top. They come in a box of 9 and I opened the box and kind of went through, replacing the ones that were really gouged out. I used all different stamps, ones that I didn't have to color in. Lovely as a Tree works great. The word background stamps look great too with a stamped image on top (you can either mask it or not). I didn't do anything to seal mine but some people do back it for a while. You can spray a sealer on too, but then they are sealed and water/moisture will run off instead of going into the coaster. Mine have held up with glasses of all sorts on top of them, the images didn't smear or smudge without sealing.

I put felt pads on the bottom of the coasters too (on the corners) cause they are rough and can scratch furniture.

Oh and I washed my coasters before I used them cause they are filmy. Takes a while to dry so wipe them down or rinse them off and leave them alone for a day (especially if you rinse like I did the first time).

I think there is a tutorial on this site as well for the coasters and tons of images in the galleries for coasters.

I think it would be a great gift to give a coaster, mug and coffees or hot cocoa mix as a gift. You could stamp on the mug (I'm not very good at stamping no round surfaces though) or use a rub on (which are just awesome I think!).

Here are links to the calendar templates that I used for my calendars. This one - CAT's 2010 Mini Tear-Off & Coaster Calendar Template you adhere to coasters or paper cut the size of a 4 x 4 coaster. Here is an example I found in the gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...99?si=calendar

I had coasters as my front and back pieces and the pages were 4 x 4 cardstock, corner rounded (to make the coaster shape) with the calendar adhered. Used designer paper, stamps, whatever to decorate the page. They are so fun to do cause you can make them however you want. Each page can have a theme for the holiday associated for the month or just pick a color/paper scheme and make it like that. I've done it both ways and they turn out great either way.

With making the themed pages, it takes longer but you get to use LOTS of different stamp sets. So it makes a bit of a clutter mess too. But that's part of the fun of crafting, now isn't it??

this one - CAT's 2010 "Create-A-Calendar" Template is a longer calendar. Its to be like the create a calendar kit that SU sold last year. I couldn't find an example in the gallery with this template but its super simple. The template prints out a few on a sheet. You just cut them down to the size it tells you on the print out and that's your calendar page. I didn't adhere it to anything (so use cardstock to print it out). Once I got them all printed and cut out, I did have to cut a bit more cause some were not exactly the right size - I assume its a printer thing. Mine I have at work is 3 1/4 x 8 inches. I stamped an image at the bottom of the page (where the lines are for important dates for the month) and I just made it light - I used Upsy Daisy in So Saffron so you can see it but you can still write over it.

I then cut cardboard a bit wider than the pages, covered it with designer paper, punched two holes on top of everything (with my handi crop a dile) and put the rings in and its done (do that with the other calendar too!). They stand up too which is great.

The woman who created the templates that I posted here also has templates for other calendars. Bookmark calendars which would be great. Rip off calendars (they are smaller, you staple them together and adhere to a coaster or something - you rip off the calendar each month - there are lots in the gallery where people have made these as fridge magnets.

Anyway I hope that helps. If you have questions ask away and I'll do my best!

Mary
Love the calendar ideas! I was also looking at your gallery (very nice!) and saw the candy bar gift cards....would you happen to have a template for those? Great idea for the "hard to buy for" and who doesn't like chocolate???

Thanks -
Beth
Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #513
Pearl-ExPert

I saw it in a Papercraft magazine (the candy bar gift card holders) and if I find it I'll post the instructions. But basically I took a bigger candy bar (those great big ones that you find for $1 at WalGreens, etc.) Put designer paper around it and then the gift card holder is on top of that, the holder opens up and the gift card is inside in a little pocket thing. If you have a gift card holder pattern already it should work on the candybar. I thought it was such a cute idea but nobody bought them at my craft fair. I mean who doesn't like gift cards AND chocolate.

I also did up some of the Jiffy Pop popcorns with a gift card in it. I'm not sure if that is on my gallery but they are round so I just cut a round cardstock/designer paper, adhered that to the jiffy pop top (but so it can be taken off cause you gotta take it off to pop them!) and then cut a half circle put it on the bottom, added some ribbon or coordinating paper where half meets in the center and stuck a movie gift card in that. Make sure you don't stick the half circle down in the middle where the gift card goes, only adhere around the round part - leave the straight part and open area alone (cause i didn't the first time and couldn't get the gift card in!! ha - trial and error sometimes with crafting). Anyway, I thought that was a cute idea (not my idea at all!).

MY GALLERY
Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #514
Pearl-ExPert

Here's some Jiffy Pop items I found in the gallery - neither are mine:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...si=Jiffy%20Pop

The gift card could get tucked in the snow layers on that one.

And I liked this one too - Target usually has the popcorn boxes (and the Jiffy Pop) in their Dollar section -

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...si=Jiffy%20Pop

MY GALLERY
Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #515
Stampin' Fool

I'm putting my scraps to good use this year. I am making packages of gift tags for different holidays--uses small scraps of dp and cardstock and ribbon and all the other stuff that I'm too frugal to throw away. Anything too small to use is going to get tossed when I'm done! I've made several styles of birthday tags and Christmas tags so far, I think I'm going to add some for Valentines Day, maybe some generic "for you" types of tags, some "new baby" tags, and others TBD.
I'm not sure how to package them yet, but I have a bunch of rectangular metal tins with hinged lids that I think I will use.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #516
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
I will be having a Holiday Open House in October and wanted to make some of the Holiday planners...does anyone have a tutorial or a link?
Here are a few holiday planners that turned up on a search...

http://stampmastershelley.blogspot.c...y-planner.html

http://bluemoonstamping.blogspot.com/2007/07/plan-time-to-make-planner.html

http://www.learntostampandscrap.com/...bright-ho.html

http://www.stampinintheson.com/stamp...-calendar.html

http://www.scrapsinbloom.com/blog/?p=830

On my website: 13 Copic Coloring Guides
Illustrator for: Angels Landing Digital Stamps
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #517
Crimping Master

Thanks so much for the great ideas!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #518
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momis mama View Post

hot cocoa mix
6 1/2 c. powdered milk
1/2 c. powdered sugar

dissolve 1/3 c. cocoa mix in 1 c. boiling water... ENJOY! i did! i made an extra batch for US!
THANKS!!! Does sound YUMMY!!
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #519
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by momis mama View Post

hot cocoa mix
6 1/2 c. powdered milk
1/2 c. powdered sugar

That one sounds very good!! Thanks for sharing Michelle!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #520
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
And this one too: http://inkingidaho-tutorials.blogspo...-cart-395.html

Her site has lots of templates, you pay for them but they are so nice. I like this one a lot (and I even have the stamp set she used!!!) and I again think it would be great instead of buying/using/finding the frap bottles, holders.

she had a 12 days of Christmas (something like that) set of templates last year and I hope she comes out with something like that again this year.
My SU Demo bought a bunch of her projects/templates and said everything was very easy!