Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #441
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLOR View Post
I am looking through the Christmas gallery, looking for ideas to "SCRAPLIFT",

Saturday evening, I hope to start on cards.

Patrice
Good for you! I am over half way finished with cards and have started thinking about gifts.

I have made quarts of Red Raspberry Jam already. I will also make Peach Jam, Crabapple Jelly and Apricot/Pineapple Jam. Hubby makes a Chunky Salsa, Hot sauce and Cranberry/Pepper Jam for neighbor and friend gifts.

I would love to know what you are going to make.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #442
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
How is everyone else doing with cards?
I set a "10 a month" goal for myself this year and it's been working out. I have 60 cards done (usually 10 of each design, but one 1sies and 2sies if I had just a little bit of a certain DP. I'm so proud of myself. And as an extra added bonus, I've been using up lots of DP scraps left over from previous years.

Here's an idea I posted on the other Christmas thread that I did last year that someone my like . . . I have 3 great nephews and 1 great niece aged 5 and 6 years. I made them paper craft baskets . . . sorry, no pics but I'll describe . . .

I picked up some little plastic baskets and long frames at the $$ store (the frames had a mat in them for three photos side by side but the mat can be removed). I got colored pencils, markers and glue sticks at the before school sales. I added a spool of ribbon (the kind that goes on sale for 4/$1 all the time).

I included three craft kits --
1) the makings for 6 cards with envelopes. White card stock for the card bases then solid color card stock for the fronts, then patterned paper, another solid to mat a pre-stamped image and a pre-stamped sentiment. I used line stamps so they could color in the images. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Making cards is lots of fun. Please send us one when you are done."
2) the makings for a name frame. A piece of DP the size of the frame, die-cut letters to spell each of their names, die cuts and stickers in a theme to match the DP, some ribbon, a few buttons and brads. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Put these bits into the frame And make something that spells your name."
3) the makings for a snowman decoration. A rectangular piece of chipboard, a piece of felt the same size (both pre-punched with holes to thread ribbon through for hanging), several layers of solid and patterned paper and a stamped image of a snowman (again, a line stamp that could be colored). I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Winter won't be ending soon, So make a decoration for your room."

Since, like so many others, it was a tight year for us, I used mostly items from my stash and the cost of the bought items was relatively low -- under $5 each.

My Little Gallery -- which I am hoping to update this year!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=167664
Old 06-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #443
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin' Sooz View Post
I set a "10 a month" goal for myself this year and it's been working out. I have 60 cards done (usually 10 of each design, but one 1sies and 2sies if I had just a little bit of a certain DP. I'm so proud of myself. And as an extra added bonus, I've been using up lots of DP scraps left over from previous years.

Here's an idea I posted on the other Christmas thread that I did last year that someone my like . . . I have 3 great nephews and 1 great niece aged 5 and 6 years. I made them paper craft baskets . . . sorry, no pics but I'll describe . . .

I picked up some little plastic baskets and long frames at the $$ store (the frames had a mat in them for three photos side by side but the mat can be removed). I got colored pencils, markers and glue sticks at the before school sales. I added a spool of ribbon (the kind that goes on sale for 4/$1 all the time).

1) the makings for 6 cards with envelopes. White card stock for the card bases then solid color card stock for the fronts, then patterned paper, another solid to mat a pre-stamped image and a pre-stamped sentiment. I used line stamps so they could color in the images. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Making cards is lots of fun. Please send us one when you are done."
2) the makings for a name frame. A piece of DP the size of the frame, die-cut letters to spell each of their names, die cuts and stickers in a theme to match the DP, some ribbon, a few buttons and brads. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Put these bits into the frame And make something that spells your name."
3) the makings for a snowman decoration. A rectangular piece of chipboard, a piece of felt the same size (both pre-punched with holes to thread ribbon through for hanging), several layers of solid and patterned paper and a stamped image of a snowman (again, a line stamp that could be colored). I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Winter won't be ending soon, So make a decoration for your room."

Since, like so many others, it was a tight year for us, I used mostly items from my stash and the cost of the bought items was relatively low -- under $5 each.
cool idea!! xx jo xx
Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #444
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I came across an idea with placemats. Take a square placemat, fold up one long edge, and sew edges on sewing machine to make a pouch. Then make individual pockets from the pouch. I will make the pockets big enough for five cards, envelopes, another smaller pocket for stamps, and gift tags. Ribbon tacked at the short ends of the placemat, can tie this together like a little packet. Will be like a stationery set. I saw some red placemats at Target, I could make my using squares of fabric.

Then I will get the stuff for the hand lotion, and I got cute jars with silver lids at WalMart. I have a ton of scraps, will do gift tags.

This gives me a idea, I am a hobby demo with SU, this placemat thingie idea would be a neat holiday workshop, Christmas in July. Everyone keeps asking me when I am going to start having classes, I just don't want to get too deep into the business aspect, just want to have my hobby at a little discount.

Hmmm, now I got to think.

Patrice
Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #445
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

eeeeeks!!! I just started on cards this week- and that's only because our hip hop is Christmas themed this week!!
I need to go back and read all this great info in here!!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #446
Crimping Master

Send a message via MSN to BBStampin

Sub
Old 06-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #447
Pearl-ExPert

Hey gals! Check this neat idea out....http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1393098
here's another color http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...photo/1393097?

and one more color http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...photo/1393099?

I could see giving these to teachers or friends/family!! Off to see how to make the box....
Old 06-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #448
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Hey Cindy,

Do you have a scor-pal? The score-pal site here on SCS has some great ideas with boxes, I finally ordered one, and it stays on my table.

Saturday night, by 7 pm, telling the family to fend for themselves, I am off to my scraproom.

Patrice
Old 06-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #449
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hurrah for you! Post your cards and let us know when you do.....I am sure I speak for everyone that we could always use more inspiration.

I love those kids kits too....we have nieces and nephews that are crafty and they would be perfect Christmas gifts!!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:39 AM   #450
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hey Cindy,

Do you have a scor-pal? The score-pal site here on SCS has some great ideas with boxes, I finally ordered one, and it stays on my table.

Saturday night, by 7 pm, telling the family to fend for themselves, I am off to my scraproom.

Patrice
No, sadly, not yet. But I keep asking for it for Birthdays, Mother's Day and Christmas. One of these days, I will just buy it for myself!! Where did you order yours from?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #451
Stampin' Fool

Red face

Quote:

Oh man! 60 cards done already! I think I am going to be ill I haven't even started yet. You ladies are putting me to shame. LOL!

But seriously, congratulations on sticking to your schedule! I wish I had some of your determination. I just keep putting it off.... and off.... and off.....
Old 06-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #452
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by galet1 View Post
Hey Cindy or Vegaswife! Can one of you gals help me? I LOVE lavender and just last year bought a house that has several plants out front that I THINK might be lavender. Last summer they had purplish flowers on long stems and smelled fantastic - and attracted bees like crazy! Anyway, here's the plant about 2-3 weeks ago as it's regrowing this year....IS this lavender, do you know??? If it is, I'd love some ideas of what to do with it!!
Thanks!
Attachment 147563
It's Catmint (not nip) I have a lot of it and it grows well in my yard. I love the flowers.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #453
Gabfest Goddess

Those flowers are PERFECT for making a lovely herb sachet or herbal bath too! They promote sleep and are soothing to the skin. One of my favourite perennials for sure.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #454
Pearl-ExPert

I have bunches of that in my yard too. I grow it under my climbing roses....fills in the empty space below it.

Watch out, it can be very invasive!!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #455
Gabfest Goddess

That's what I like about my garden zone - not as much stuff is invasive here as it is further south!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #456
Stampin' Fool

Wink

Hey Cindy,

I didn't order it from the scor-pal site, some other website that offered free shipping, I will dig around and see if I saved a receipt, it was a few months ago. And if I see a free mailing offer floating around, I will give you a heads up.

I came home, fixed dinner, baked a co worker a birthday cake, started laundry, sat on the couch 'just for a minute", and woke up an hour later. I guess I was tired, now can't get to sleep. And I need to be up early, it always happens this way.

Patrice
Old 06-27-2009, 06:14 AM   #457
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hey Cindy,

I didn't order it from the scor-pal site, some other website that offered free shipping, I will dig around and see if I saved a receipt, it was a few months ago. And if I see a free mailing offer floating around, I will give you a heads up.

I came home, fixed dinner, baked a co worker a birthday cake, started laundry, sat on the couch 'just for a minute", and woke up an hour later. I guess I was tired, now can't get to sleep. And I need to be up early, it always happens this way.

Patrice
You are so sweet to take the time. If I can find the right price, I may just get it myself and stop putting it on wish lists!

Yeah, I had intended to get downstairs to work on a Fourth of July project but, sat down after dinner, dishes, watering plants outside and a walk with DH to catch up on shows we had missed....it was 10pm before I got downstairs. I try to make Friday nights my 'work' nights.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #458
Cardstock Collector

Default Gift Card Holder

I'm looking for a pattern or template for a gift card holder -- doing a class for Christmas Cards & have had a request to make up a Christmas themed holder for the many gift cards that are given ... Your ideas would be appreciated!!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #459
Rubber Obsessor

Location: I live in the land of Downunder. yep you guessed it i live in Australia
Send a message via Yahoo to zekenne
Default I made gifts of my cards

One christmas I was involved in a secret santa and wondered what to buy/make. I made a christmas card to go with the gift and then thought "Gee I like this card I might make half a dozen" when I finished them all I had a lightbulb moment and made a box and placed them all in it and tied with a gold ribbon. Walah my secret santa gift was solved. I have since made these for a few friends. When I make the box I stamp it the same as the card before I assemble it.

Now each year when we have secret santa everyone hopes they get mine. Makes me feel special.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #460
Stampin' Fool

Cool

Hey Debs,

Go to the resource section, there is a gift card holder tutorial, just have to make it "Christmasy".

Ohhhh, my full full tummy is not happy now. Dh and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. We go about once a month, so he can get his chicken and dumplings fix, too much trouble for just the two of us. And after months of Weight Watchers regieme, we ate half of what was served to us, he has a nice take home plate for tomorrow, but I am uncomfortable. I had their special chicken by the campfire, chicken, potatoes, corn on the cob, carrots wrapped in foil, and baked. Perfect for WW, but the waitress looked at us and laughed when I told her emphatically, only one biscuit, one cornbread muffin. If she had brought more, just more unhappiness at the scale at weigh in. In the south, biscuits and cornbread is almost a religion. lol

Off to look for some diet 7up.

Patrice
Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #461
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a link to a cute one:
http://creativepad.typepad.com/creat...-tutorial.html

Another one here:
http://stamptimesomewhere.typepad.co...ard_holde.html
HTH!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino

Last edited by craftymomto2; 06-27-2009 at 07:25 PM..
Old 06-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #462
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

Last year I did cards, as always, lotion (huge hit - tip, leave some unscented for those who are scent-sitive or for babies), friendship tea, and a few other items.

This year I am hoping to do placemats or coasters, pillowcases, an ornament of some kind, and baking. Not sure what else yet.

Jen
Old 06-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #463
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsiegel View Post
I'm looking for a pattern or template for a gift card holder -- doing a class for Christmas Cards & have had a request to make up a Christmas themed holder for the many gift cards that are given ... Your ideas would be appreciated!!

i LOVE LOVE kwerners stuff...

here is a GC holder, just make it a christmas theme.

hope this helps!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #464
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hey Debs,

Go to the resource section, there is a gift card holder tutorial, just have to make it "Christmasy".

Ohhhh, my full full tummy is not happy now. Dh and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. We go about once a month, so he can get his chicken and dumplings fix, too much trouble for just the two of us. And after months of Weight Watchers regieme, we ate half of what was served to us, he has a nice take home plate for tomorrow, but I am uncomfortable. I had their special chicken by the campfire, chicken, potatoes, corn on the cob, carrots wrapped in foil, and baked. Perfect for WW, but the waitress looked at us and laughed when I told her emphatically, only one biscuit, one cornbread muffin. If she had brought more, just more unhappiness at the scale at weigh in. In the south, biscuits and cornbread is almost a religion. lol

Off to look for some diet 7up.

Patrice
Here....let me burp for you......Ha! Dh and I walk the 1 mile to eat their meatloaf about 1x a month....love it! Gotta have some fried apples too! I do not like their biscuits or cornbread...;-<
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #465
Gabfest Goddess

Here is cute card holder:
Mitten Gift Card Holder Template
Proud RAK Member
Old 06-30-2009, 05:24 AM   #466
Pearl-ExPert

Here is another cute card holder
http://stampedbyhand.blogspot.com/20...thank-you.html
Old 07-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #467
Stampin' Fool

Wink

Hey Cindy,

Got to scrapbookingalley.com, got a good deal on a scor-pal, and free shipping. I don't think I have seen a better price, unless you had a coupon for a lss that stocks them.

Boo hiss, I have servicemen here in my workspace, can't drag out my "stuff", nothing on TV, they are haivng trouble with software.

Hurry Friday

Patrice
Old 07-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #468
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Monday morning bump, the clock is ticking toward Christmas eve.

Patrice
Old 07-06-2009, 06:45 AM   #469
Stampin' Fool

Smile

( groan) Oh, please! Don't remind me so early in the morning like this! LOL! Time marches on, like they say, I guess.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #470
Gabfest Goddess

Was someone on the thread re-doing their craft room?? If so, do you have pictures to share?
Proud RAK Member
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #471
Stampin' Fool

Wink

It was probably me, and I will post some pictures when I get a little more decorated. I got some decor elements up this weekend, and I want to paint a piece of pegboard, cut in squares, then frame those for my scissors to hang on hooks. Dh will have to assist with the cutting, that I am not good at.

And I honestly going to start on Christmas this month. lol

Patrice
Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #472
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Wed AM bump
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #473
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvansluys View Post
Good for you! I am over half way finished with cards and have started thinking about gifts.

I have made quarts of Red Raspberry Jam already. I will also make Peach Jam, Crabapple Jelly and Apricot/Pineapple Jam. Hubby makes a Chunky Salsa, Hot sauce and Cranberry/Pepper Jam for neighbor and friend gifts.

I would love to know what you are going to make.
Got back from my In-Laws over the holiday weekend....they have sweet cherry treees! So today I am going to make Sweet Cherry Jam, touch of lemon zest in it. Looks like the neighbors and in town friends are getting jams and jellies this year. I will probably decorate the tops with fabric and ribbon or twine. I will post pics when that time gets closer, don't want them to get dusty.

Does anyone have a good reciepe for Apricot/Pineapple Jam?

Oh....I had friend saving Starbucks bottles for me....she loves the Mocha Frapp drink. Will use this for treats for my son's school nurses, therapists and office staff. Working on decorating those now with loads of retired SU Christmas DSP.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 AM   #474
Pearl-ExPert

Found this blog this morning...surfing ideas from Craft Fairs....looks interesting and could be adapted. I really liked the crochet hook roll!
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/05/24/for-catherine/

She had some other interesting sewing projects too.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 AM   #475
Pearl-ExPert

OOOOH! Elf Clogs http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...o-your-el.html
You could fill them for teachers!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 AM   #476
Stampin' Fool

Wink

Hey Cindy,

You been busy, finding all these great ideas. I went to my local fabric shop, and found a Christmas idea book, had a cute idea for a table runner, and placemats to look like large holly leaves. Got me pumped, going to look for fabric today before I teach my kickboxing class. I have muslim I nned to tea dye this weekend, a pillow to design for a friend.

Hurry Friday, I got better things to do than x-ray. Unfortunately, the other things don't pay as well as the x-ray gig, but far more fun.

Patrice
Old 07-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #477
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hey Cindy,

You been busy, finding all these great ideas. I went to my local fabric shop, and found a Christmas idea book, had a cute idea for a table runner, and placemats to look like large holly leaves. Got me pumped, going to look for fabric today before I teach my kickboxing class. I have muslim I nned to tea dye this weekend, a pillow to design for a friend.

Hurry Friday, I got better things to do than x-ray. Unfortunately, the other things don't pay as well as the x-ray gig, but far more fun.

Patrice
Hey Patrice!

That table runner and placemats sound really neat!! Care to share name of Idea Book? Or care to make copy of templates????

So fortunate that DH makes very good $$$ so I do not have to work and can take care of house so when weekends come we can just enjoy time together! He tells me I have it very cushy!

C-
Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #478
Polyshrink Goddess

Cindy - Do you have the recipes for all your jams and jellies? Would you care to share them. My email is annette@ink-paper-scissors-rock.com

I would love to try some.
Haven't started working on cards and gifts yet. But after reading this thread - I am inspired by all the ideas and fun projects and cards everyone is doing.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #479
Rubber Obsessor

I'm keeping it simple....handcrafted card gift sets for my sons' teachers and loved ones.

I do intend to adhere STRICTLY to this when purchasing Christmas for my boys this year: Something you want, Something you need, Something to play with, and Something to read. And of course one "Santa" gift. This will =5 gifts for each boy from me and dad.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #480
Stampin' Fool

Wink

Hey Cindy,

I will send you a pm in a few minutes about the patterns. I wish I could stay home, but dh is in the oil business, which has it's ups and downs in Texas. When it is up, it's heaven around here, down, and I am supporting the family, which I can proudly say I can do quite well. When you get used to a big SUV, standing hair and nail appt's, work out classes, I admit I am spoiled, it's hard work being a "gracefully aging" Southern belle.

Patrice