Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Yet again a mixed experience at M's-all their scrapbooking storage items were on sale, but they were all a jumble and couldn't find the price for the stack or 4 plastic 12x12 boxes I'd picked out-saw a price for a 4 pack of plastic storage that said $9.99 which at 40% off would have been a bargain. Took two 4packs up to the checkout only to find that they were $17.99. I asked about the pricing and another associate went and looked and said "There are no prices posted for that item so whatever it says it is, is the price." I bought one thinking that at 40% off it would still be a better price than the other boxes I'd looked at. I thought my ending purchase total was higher than I expected, but when isn't it! Then when I got home I discovered that the $17.99 WAS the marked down price. So much for bargains! On the other hand I did find three two packs of Tim Holtz ef's that were marked down so they ended up being about $2.70 each ef! I mentioned to the clerk that the issue with pricing errors was a topic of discussion here on splitcoast.
Romans 8:28-29
My blog-Homemade Memories
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
Yet again a mixed experience at M's-all their scrapbooking storage items were on sale, but they were all a jumble and couldn't find the price for the stack or 4 plastic 12x12 boxes I'd picked out-saw a price for a 4 pack of plastic storage that said $9.99 which at 40% off would have been a bargain. Took two 4packs up to the checkout only to find that they were $17.99. I asked about the pricing and another associate went and looked and said "There are no prices posted for that item so whatever it says it is, is the price." I bought one thinking that at 40% off it would still be a better price than the other boxes I'd looked at. I thought my ending purchase total was higher than I expected, but when isn't it! Then when I got home I discovered that the $17.99 WAS the marked down price. So much for bargains! On the other hand I did find three two packs of Tim Holtz ef's that were marked down so they ended up being about $2.70 each ef! I mentioned to the clerk that the issue with pricing errors was a topic of discussion here on splitcoast.
Did she know what SCS was??

Not all clerks/cashiers at Mikes are craft related. Some work there because they need a pay check and knowing crafts is not a mandatory to work a Michaels.

Just saying, because a lot of people think this and it is not true.

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #43
Kookie Creator

Michaels had to pay a serious fine for claiming 'sale' on items for too long - the judge said it no longer constituted a sale when in fact, its become its 'regular' price.
I just wonder how they get away with inflating prices and then only allowing us to use one coupon at a time - or we can choose at times to apply it to our whole purchase [if any of them qualify].
Yes, I hate all the big box stores for how they get to dangle carrots in front of us all the time!
But we don't stand up to it enough, or something. I miss my poor Mom&Pop stores that got poor business.
You have to be really savvy now, its practically a skill to shop these days!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly T. View Post
Michaels had to pay a serious fine for claiming 'sale' on items for too long - the judge said it no longer constituted a sale when in fact, its become its 'regular' price.
I just wonder how they get away with inflating prices and then only allowing us to use one coupon at a time - or we can choose at times to apply it to our whole purchase [if any of them qualify].
Yes, I hate all the big box stores for how they get to dangle carrots in front of us all the time!
But we don't stand up to it enough, or something. I miss my poor Mom&Pop stores that got poor business.
You have to be really savvy now, its practically a skill to shop these days!!!
You really expect to use a coupon on every item you purchase?

And every store has inflated prices(for instance grocery stores every week with their sales flyers). The Target store in the same shopping center has prices higher than the Mikes store!

And when I worked at Mikes one Manager I had allowed 10 that is 10-TEN- 10 coupons per Customer! When he left the new manager changed it to 2 coupons per Customer.

Yes- I know. It should be the same everywhere . But each Manager I guess makes their own rules for their own store. And don't get me going regarding the Phrase of "Their Own Store" because I could write a book! And lets just let it go at take folks!

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #45
Kookie Creator

No, I don't expect to use coupons all the time, I realize they're for special purchases. Normally for instance, I go grocery shopping expecting to use a few coupons for special deals, but its a big difference and really irritating knowing the price in a store is marked up so that using the coupon is really just bringing the item back down to a fair market price. That's my issue. That's my experience with Michaels.

Last edited by Beverly T.; 04-13-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #46
Die Cut Diva

I agree, Mike's can be irritating. However, I love the fact that you can get coupons at all. Coupons that offer a significant discount, not just say 10% off. As for inflated prices, I don't think there is any store that doesn't do this. I often see products that Mike's sells at other stores, and they are considerably more expensive, and you don't have a coupon to use to reduce the price.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly T. View Post
No, I don't expect to use coupons all the time, I realize they're for special purchases. Normally for instance, I go grocery shopping expecting to use a few coupons for special deals, but its a big difference and really irritating knowing the price in a store is marked up so that using the coupon is really just bringing the item back down to a fair market price. That's my issue. That's my experience with Michaels.
I am sorry, but all my crafting/ stamping supplies are pretty much priced the same by the manufacturer. Stamps, paper, ink, ect...... using coupons always gives me a discount better than ticket price. At least were I live.

Be it Mikes, Joannes( pretty much don't shop there, store is empty of craft supplies here) hobby lobby, Archivers.

I am headed out to Archivers with coupons in hand today for some cutter bees scissors. Which is pretty much priced the same a cross the board at all craft stores-even for mikes-even at my old store that I used to work at.

I am sorry your experience at your Michael is not a good one. My I please make a suggestion. To you and anyone else that has a bad experience at a Micheals. Please, Please, Contact Michaels through email at Corporate office or their Facebook page.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #48
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliespringer View Post
I am sorry, but all my crafting/ stamping supplies are pretty much priced the same by the manufacturer. Stamps, paper, ink, ect...... using coupons always gives me a discount better than ticket price. At least were I live.
I have to agree with this. The prices at the lss here are usually the same as the regular prices at Mikes, or Joanns or Hobby Lobby (for same items). So, for generic "stuff", I'll use my coupons at the big box stores. The lss owners are smart cookies- they don't carry a large inventory of what can be purchased at the other stores. They sell the more specialty items, are more than willing to do special orders for you and can show you how to use the stuff you think you have to have.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #49
Die Cut Diva

I try to get all of my "big basic tools" at Mike's. For example, I got my BigKick there, my heat gun, many of my punches, my Marvy's markers, several die sets, etc. Purchasing these there saved me a great deal of money.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #50
Crimping Master

On the other hand, I went to a garage sale this morning where a scrapper was selling 15 years worth of supplies. I got about $250 in brand new products for $21. Feels like Christmas!!