Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up IKEA is coming to Kansas City Area!

It was announced that the greater Kansas City area will be home in fall of 2014 to the newest IKEA store! Can't wait to see what it will be like :p

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm with you! We've been long overdue for an IKEA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow, that's awesome! We are in KC often and I love IKEA!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

NOOOOOO! That's not fair! I am stamping my feet!!!!! I am so mad right now! ROFL!

I have wanted an IKEA down here in the Ozarks for so long. What happens when IKEA scouts markets? They pick KC instead of the Ozarks. How rude, lol. I mean seriously? What do you all have there? ROFL!

I am really jealous!

I am really excited for you all. Where is it going to be? I grew up in KC. Now, my friends up in KC are going to try and use this as leverage to get me to move back there because they know how much I want an IKEA, lol.

You know what is funny. I don't think I would buy anything there, lol. I know how I am. I would go in the store and scout it out for my own IKEA hacks. It is IKEA and that is a dream store.

If you all tell me your getting an Anthropologie store that will be unforgivable, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

We go to KC about once a year. We have a pickup, maybe I can get DH to pull a trailer home from there.

We actually go to Atlanta more often, but the Ikea is so far from where we stay, it's almost impossible to get there.

Have they said where in KC they will be located?

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I think they said I-35 and Johnson Drive on the news report but I might not have that quite right.

I'm super excited! KC is just a couple of hours drive so will have to do some shopping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Default IKEA

The new store will be just south of Johnson Drive off 35. On 35 you can see the location when you drive by. They are going to tear down a shopping site that was built just before th economy tanked and never had any occupants. (Too bad -- because it is an attractive little outisde mall type but I guess empty is empty!!) I am very excited about IKEA and can't wait to shop there. Not only is it a great store for crafters but teachers love the inexpensive and functional items they sell for their classroom.

The Ozarks is not very far. Youc an drive up to visit us and shop at IKEA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

In Merriam, Kansas right by I-35 and Johnson Drive. There is a strip mall there, but no tenants ever moved in, so they will demo that and built it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

OH!!! I'm so so so excited! As someone living in St Joseph, MO, KC is just 40 minutes-1.5 hours away, depending on where in the city! Way way better than Minneapolis being my closest option now! YAY! You just made my day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Oh Good, I know the area! That's much easier that where the one in Atlanta is!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey gals! If anyone is in the area (thought I might as well post on this thread), you're more than welcome to come to my HUGE sale Oct 13th and 14th. Here's the info on Craigslist: Paper Crafter's Heaven Sale

Not sure if there's a better place for this. After going to Hobby Lobby to see how their paper is priced these days (YIKES), I'd love to give my goodies new homes with people who would use them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by amethystcatView Post
I think they said I-35 and Johnson Drive on the news report but I might not have that quite right.

I'm super excited! KC is just a couple of hours drive so will have to do some shopping.
Oh my gosh that is just the perfect place for an IKEA. I can't think of a better spot in KC. Trust me I am getting my DH to take me, lol. I still want an IKEA in the Ozarks though. It's still not fair, lol.

My DH & I are moving to the NW Coast soon (hoping crossing fingers and not trying to jinx myself ) I will have an IKEA, Anthropologie and Daiso. Still to have an IKEA in Missouri. That is just it.

KC has changed a lot since I lived there. My DH & I were stunned when our best friend came down and said "They tore down Bannister Mall."

WHAT! My DH & I grew up together going to Bannister Mall. He was always at the arcade and I was always at the Hello Kitty store. He used to come in and peek at me in the HK store when we were pre-teens.

You all made me nostalgic for my childhood home, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Oh my gosh that is just the perfect place for an IKEA. I can't think of a better spot in KC. Trust me I am getting my DH to take me, lol. I still want an IKEA in the Ozarks though. It's still not fair, lol.

My DH & I are moving to the NW Coast soon (hoping crossing fingers and not trying to jinx myself ) I will have an IKEA, Anthropologie and Daiso. Still to have an IKEA in Missouri. That is just it.

KC has changed a lot since I lived there. My DH & I were stunned when our best friend came down and said "They tore down Bannister Mall."

WHAT! My DH & I grew up together going to Bannister Mall. He was always at the arcade and I was always at the Hello Kitty store. He used to come in and peek at me in the HK store when we were pre-teens.

You all made me nostalgic for my childhood home, lol.
The Bannister Mall site was in the running but they choose the Merriam site. It may be because there is not a lodging place there for out-of-towners to stay at. Do you remember Hyper-Mart? We went there ALL the time!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
The Bannister Mall site was in the running but they choose the Merriam site. It may be because there is not a lodging place there for out-of-towners to stay at. Do you remember Hyper-Mart? We went there ALL the time!
Good for the Merriam site, good for the area overall, but too bad for the Bannister site, it would be good to see developement going in there also.

― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
I kind of remember Hyper-Mart. I thought Bannister was being turned into a soccer stadium. Wow! Bannister has been torn down and nothing is there? That's crazy! That area used to be a great for prime real estate.

One of my dear friends just moved back down to KC after spending several years in another State. He is still in shock. He can't get over all the changes.

My DH is getting excited about this IKEA thing. He's already planning what we want to buy. I didn't know I was included in this, lol. He already has his eye on a media center. I said to him IKEA won't be up till 2014, lol. Now, he wants me to order a catalog so we can start pre-shopping.

Reply With Quote Likes