Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb If I Knew Then What I Know Now about ....Stamping!!

As a New Stamper, I wanted it all!! Ha, I know unusual huh!! My wish list was long, and like most, I wanted the most "Bang For My Buck"! When double-stamping I was disappointed that my DD didn't show me that using a darker stamp pad and stamping off will give you 3-4 shades of the same color. When I have a Newbie Stamper wanting pointers this is one of my first tips. :shock:

What are your "Favorite Tips"...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

That is one of my favorite tips as well.
Here is a few more:
-Invest in a good embossing powder in only a few basic colors such as clear, clear detail and gold. I have so many colored inks that I rarely use all of the colored embossing powders I have.
-Always, ALWAYS purchase reinkers with your inkpads.
-Dont purchase the latest and greatest just because it is the latest and greatest. Make sure it will work for you.
-Dont purchase products because they were produced or endorsed by a celebrity stamper/crafter. Make sure they work for you and the type of art you create.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by toodmeView Post
-Invest in a good embossing powder in only a few basic colors such as clear, clear detail and gold. I have so many colored inks that I rarely use all of the colored embossing powders I have.
-Always, ALWAYS purchase reinkers with your inkpads.
Great!!! I don't have a lot of embossing colors, but for sure enjoy using my Kraft Inks to get the exact color I enjoy working with!!!

I've seen in other threads people talking about reinkers and if you "Should" or "Should Not" purchase them. I DO!!!! I have a couple people that didn't and the color discontinued and they ended up paying "Top Dollar" on ebay. I feel it's a great investment to your stamp pads to have the reinkers and there are always other ways you can use them down the road if you choose.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This isn't a tip so much as a lesson: The greatest pressure does not always equal the best image! It took me forever to learn this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisa MayView Post
This isn't a tip so much as a lesson: The greatest pressure does not always equal the best image! It took me forever to learn this.
I know, "right"!!

(Really wish we had a liked button on SCS)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My best tip for any newbie would be more along the lines of stocking her craft room as economically as possible:

Wait till it goes on sale (or you can use a coupon); rare is the item that doesn't go on sale sooner or later. Along the same vein, shop around for the best prices. Continuing down the same path. If you see something you like, still look around, someone else may make something similar but cheaper and/or better; this usually applies to stamp styles, papers, ribbon, etc., and sometimes even tools.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Buy what you like not what is trend. Chances are if you like it you will use it.

Also try to think of multiple uses for a stamp (more than one occasion/person).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I don't buy a stamp unless I can think of two uses for it right off...not sure this is the BEST course of action but......I don't buy the impulse stamp!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Don't get sucked in to using just one company's products... there are lots of great companies out there... try something new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wait until you want something three times before shopping for it.

The third time I think I want something is when I go to find out how expensive it is, if I'm willing to spend the money, etc. What's the point of buying something the first time you want it-- before you know if you'll ever want it again?

Obviously this applies to special tools and such. Not likely to work with basics like paper. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Know the difference between what is a cute stamp and what is a cute stamp you can actually use.
I have a few sets that I think are pretty but I have never been able to actually use them successfully no matter how hard I try. I now think about what I actually make cards for and then find something I like to go with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #12  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I always recommend buying one line image stamp set & one solid image stamp set and using both for a bit to help figure out what style they prefer. No sense in buying 10 line image sets & then discovering you loathe colouring KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

A few things come to mind for me.
#1: DaFont.com Don't buy sentiment stamps, you can get all the sentiments you want for free on the internet. Print them out onto cardstock and punch out a label or print onto the card front/inside.
#2: If you are going to start buying SU, know ahead of time that only SU punches will match up precisely with stamps. Scalloped ovals from SU will not nest nicely with scalloped ovals from Marvy. which brings me to a third thing:
#3 Know your sizes of Spellbinders circles & scallops! I invested in one of each not knowing that there are 2 size sets of circles and 2 size sets of scallops...they don't nest the same in eachother (not sure how to word that but I can't be the first one to make this mistake!!) And the 4th and a very important thing to remember:
#4 Know your items/prices before checking Ebay! There are lots of times where buying directly from SU (or any other manufacturer, really), new and in the wrapper, prices are cheaper. Even when you add in shipping and tax. I also see items listed as "Rare" and "Retired" on Ebay :mad: and they are right there in the current SU catalog!

I learn new things every day so MY list is far from complete! Best advice that I can give is to hang out on this website!! The members here are fabulous! I can't say enough about how much I enjoy this site, I learn so much!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When the blade in your paper trimmer gets dull, use a scrap piece of paper under the cardstock that you're cutting. The scrap piece of paper will get the dull part of the blade which results in a ratty edge, and your cardstock will still have a sharp edge (because it is getting the top, not-dull-yet part of the blade). You can use your blades for a LOT longer this way. When the blade finally canNOT cut anymore, take it out and reverse it (so you can use the other side of the blade).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
Wait until you want something three times before shopping for it.
The third time I think I want something is when I go to find out how expensive it is, if I'm willing to spend the money, etc. What's the point of buying something the first time you want it-- before you know if you'll ever want it again?
Obviously this applies to special tools and such. Not likely to work with basics like paper. ;)
Actually all of the posts ahead of mine had great advice, can't tell you how many items I own because I saw it used in a SU workshop when I first got started. Hello, Mr. Crimper! Same for some of the stamp sets I bought, liked it as we were using it but what the heck do I do with it now? I too have many colored embossing powders although a lot of them were gifts.

I am also in the camp of BUY REINKERS for your pads, but then I like to be able to do other things with them too, shaving cream technique anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

i know a newbie to stamping. My biggest advise to her. Set a budget that limits the amount you spend each month. watch for sales and take it easy on buying big ticket items till she knows how she is going to use the product and how often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
When the blade in your paper trimmer gets dull, use a scrap piece of paper under the cardstock that you're cutting. The scrap piece of paper will get the dull part of the blade which results in a ratty edge, and your cardstock will still have a sharp edge (because it is getting the top, not-dull-yet part of the blade). You can use your blades for a LOT longer this way. When the blade finally canNOT cut anymore, take it out and reverse it (so you can use the other side of the blade).
This is a wonderful tip...thanks for sharing!

I have learned to spend some time with a few stamp sets, using them in several ways, before buying a new one. I used to buy a set, make a card or two, and then put the set away and buy a new stamp set. Now I'll pull out a few sets and use them for several stamping sessions and not feel the need to buy more stamps so soon. Not only am I saving money this way, but I also feel like the money I've spent on the sets I have is money well spent, now that those stamps are getting a lot more love!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I agree with so many of the posts here. I am going to repeat a couple of them.

Always buy the reinkers. That should be a stamping law.

Don't purchase from the latest greatest company because everyone else is doing the same thing. Purchase from them because you love something from that store. Don't purchase brand names. Stamping is art not a brand name. Stamping is about your style.

Always test your stamp image on a piece of scrap paper before you do the final printing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a new Big Shot user and a fairly new cardmaker. My plan is not to make the same mistakes I did when I first got into scrapbooking. Some of the things I tell myself include:
  • Don't buy anything just because it's on sale, on clearance or because it can be purchased with a coupon.
  • Buy only what I love. Don't settle for something I just "like" because it's cheap. It's better to have three dies that I love than six I just like.
  • I don't need it ALL and I certainly don't need it all RIGHT NOW. Taking time to think about my purchases means I'm less likely to fill up my craft space with items I don't love.
  • Besides love at first sight, I need to ask myself if a stamp, die, or whatever will be something I'll use again and again and again.
  • I don't need a bunch of anything. I don't need 20 different Santa stamps. I don't need 10 different doily dies. I don't need 12 shades of green ink. I don't need 60 different flower stamps (though I might need 30 :-) ).
  • Will I use more than the one stamp that I love in this set? If not, is that one stamp worth the price of the entire set?
  • Is this ink right for me and how I want to use it? When I started scrapbooking, all I was concerned about was color. I thought ink was ink was ink. Boy, was I wrong!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

So many great tips here already. One of my tips would be: when coloring line images, stamp an extra image to test color combinations on. That way if you make a mistake or don't like the result, it's on the test image, and you don't have to start all over again with a new image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one should be without a Versamark ink pad. You can stamp it for a soft, watermarked bg image as the leaves here. You can stamp it then use a Qtip to add chalk for color as the berry image here. You can ink up an image with the Versamark then go into your colored ink and then emboss in clear instead of using colored embossing powder like the Brrr on this card. You can ink up a letterpress plate with it then add colored dye inks and still get a good letterpress effect instead of buying different craft inks to use with it (Here's an example of a card I made this way. You can make your piece then smoosh the Versamark pad over the entire stamped piece and emboss with clear ep as here You can also use a Versamarker to add clear embossed highlights as I did on the edge of the tag behind the sentiment here and here with black ep. They don't call it VERSA mark for nothing...it really is an inexpensive way to get a lot of techniques for not a lot of $$$. I had a friend who went most of her first year of stamping with just a Versamark pad and pastels!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Brilliant tip! Thank you. I'm not a newbie stamper, but these are some awesome tips that I need to read and reread. Great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

You will get a lot more use out of a stamp set that is seasonal than you will from a stamp set geared for one holiday. Invest in some decent sentiment sets and some generic seasonal/all season images, and you can make cards for an entire year!

You don't need a lot of punches and dies if you can own a really good pair of quality paper snips. It takes some practice, but it will save you time, money, and space in the long run. It's difficult to cut a perfect circle by hand, though.(But I do confess to owning punches and dies!)

Don't buy cheap paper and cardstock. It will make your cards looks cheap, and you'd be better off sending a card from Hallmark's dollar section than giving something shoddy.

Yes, you need a paper trimmer. Once you have it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

Versafine Onyx is the only black inkpad you'll ever need, and it lasts forever!

You can do so many cool things with a fine point black marker like Pigma Micron! Frame an image, add a detail, write your own sentiments. It just looks professional every time!

Tombo Mono Multi is so useful and versatile, and you can buy it just about everywhere. I also can't seem to make a card without mini glue dots and foam dimensionals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Take some classes - if possible. I took a few classes when I was just starting out and it's amazing what you don't know - you learn a lot about stuff you've never heard of, but I also learned a lot of quick tips from a pro who cut down my learning curve significantly. I am now an instructor at my LSS and it's amazing to me how many so-called "experienced" stampers take my classes and they still don't know how to properly mat an image, use embossing powder or how to score their cardstock... Even if you are experienced, you still get to learn something new! I still take classes almost every month from my colleagues and I learn something new every time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
Take some classes - if possible. I took a few classes when I was just starting out and it's amazing what you don't know - you learn a lot about stuff you've never heard of, but I also learned a lot of quick tips from a pro who cut down my learning curve significantly. I am now an instructor at my LSS and it's amazing to me how many so-called "experienced" stampers take my classes and they still don't know how to properly mat an image, use embossing powder or how to score their cardstock... Even if you are experienced, you still get to learn something new! I still take classes almost every month from my colleagues and I learn something new every time!
Oh yeah! That reminds me... when you score your cardstock, fold with the bump INSIDE the card. The scorer breaks the fibres of the paper so when you fold with the bump on the inside, the outer folded edge is smooth (because the fibres are broken there).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Sophie, that's awesome, thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Don't psych yourself out when your stamping. No, your creations are not going to look like what is in the gallery. Enjoy your art, the learning process. Don't let the blogs, galleries and boards fool you into thinking your not good enough or won't get to your favorite stamping star's level. Your favorite was a new stamper too at one time.

A lot of times on boards we hear "Do I need it." No, you don't need it. You survived just fine before. Buy it because you like it. Buy it because it's a tool that is right for you. Don't buy it because so and so has one. You feel like because you don't have it your not as good. Trust me, your good.

I love to make do and be frugal in my crafting. Don't make do or be frugal in your crafting if it's going to take away your crafting time. If you want to buy Gimmer Mist instead of make it. Do that. Don't feel guilty. More craft time for you. I don't make a lot of frugal techniques out there because it takes time away from what I love. For example I enjoy making my own ink pads since I am always playing in paint. This is not time consuming for me. I won't make my own acrylic blocks because I know it would be time consuming for me or my poor husband.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #28  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Some tips for someone who wants it all (like ME ;) )

You don't need a full size ink pad in every color. Buy spots. Lay your stamp upside down to ink it. It's easier to see what you're doing and you can use multiple colors on one image (like pink flowers, green stems)

Purchase a blender pen so you have a marker in every color to go with your spots.

Wait to buy the punches in the shapes that you can already make with some of your other products like squares, ovals and circles.

When you are intrigued by a new product, see if you can mimic it with the stuff you already have especially if you aren't sure how much you would use it. ie. instead of purchasing flower soft or faux snow, grate up some scraps of card stock with a cheese grater. Or before you get into the whole line of copic markers try an aqua painter filled with rubbing alcohol and your reinkers to get some intense color. You might find out you hate fluff on your cards or don't like hand coloring your images before you waste money on a product you'll never use again. Or you might love it and want it all (again, like ME)

Last edited by jactop; 02-01-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Don't psych yourself out when your stamping. No, your creations are not going to look like what is in the gallery. Enjoy your art, the learning process. Don't let the blogs, galleries and boards fool you into thinking your not good enough or won't get to your favorite stamping star's level. Your favorite was a new stamper too at one time.
I need to print this out and hang it on the wall in my craft area!! It was just the other night I was beating myself up because I was making little candy boxes for a friend and they just did not look as good as the ones in the video that I had watched! DH reminded me that the video was probably weeks in the making. That person probably made 50 of those little boxes before they rolled out as nicely as in the video. I must have scrapped 4 boxes before deciding that one was good enough!! Thank you for reminding me of this. I need to sometimes stop and take a breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

love all the ideas on here!

love the cutter one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I try to think of two, three, four or even more ways to use everything (stamps, ink, recyclables). A heart stamp & heart punch or die can be used for Valentine�s Day, Anniversaries, Weddings, Baby Showers, etc. THAT is economical. And when I see something pretty that someone else is going to throw away, I grab it. Two of my best �finds� were just trash. I received some flowers from my husband for my birthday a few years ago and they were wrapped in the most beautiful lavender shear material with sliver threads throughout. I very carefully unwrapped the flowers and nearly ran to my craft room to save that beautiful shear fabric. I will probably cry myself to sleep when I finally run out of that. The second thing was an odd waffle-like corrugated packing material that my DH brought home from work. This stuff looks amazing on a manly card. My advice to newbie card makers is this: train your mind to see the world in a new way. EVERYTHING is card making material.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

omg....ldumont....that reminds me.....dh brings home cardboard and these thicker papers from work....i use the cardboard to make album covers and then make a like accordian inside....i never have to buy albums! and albums are PRICEY....but i can make mini ones, keychain ones, 6x6 8x8 12x12...whatever I choose...

also envelopes make awesome albums too and you can use the inner to stuff little things you take the flap and put it onto the next with glue...makes another kind of album
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldumont999View Post
My advice to newbie card makers is this: train your mind to see the world in a new way. EVERYTHING is card making material.
I've even trained my kids! The other day my daughter received flowers from a friend at her baptism and the flowers were wrapped in a clear cellophane with bold colored circles....my 9yo looks at me and says, "Mama, wouldn't this look great on a card!" Start'em young I always say!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

Wow! Great ideas! I think everyone needs to know that making glimmer mist is just as easy as buying it and the supplies used in making it can be used in so many more ways! I get the little 3 packs of mini misters from AC Moore and some Champagne Mist shimmer paint from SU! I fill the little misters with water about 3/4 the way and add just a tad of the shimmer paint and shake the mister. Instant glimmer mist! You also have 2 mini misters and a almost new bottle of shimmer paint left for more creative ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #35  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldumont999View Post
I try to think of two, three, four or even more ways to use everything (stamps, ink, recyclables). A heart stamp & heart punch or die can be used for Valentine�s Day, Anniversaries, Weddings, Baby Showers, etc. THAT is economical. And when I see something pretty that someone else is going to throw away, I grab it. Two of my best �finds� were just trash. I received some flowers from my husband for my birthday a few years ago and they were wrapped in the most beautiful lavender shear material with sliver threads throughout. I very carefully unwrapped the flowers and nearly ran to my craft room to save that beautiful shear fabric. I will probably cry myself to sleep when I finally run out of that. The second thing was an odd waffle-like corrugated packing material that my DH brought home from work. This stuff looks amazing on a manly card. My advice to newbie card makers is this: train your mind to see the world in a new way. EVERYTHING is card making material.
Did you think to find out where he purchased the flowers and try to snag more of the wrapping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodnuffView Post
Did you think to find out where he purchased the flowers and try to snag more of the wrapping?
LOL Sure did. They don't use that beautiful fabric any longer. Apparently they only had it because the stuff they usually purchased was unavailable. I even went online and found something very similar at a floral outlet... but of course that would not be free, it just isn't the same. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sek111sbcView Post
omg....ldumont....that reminds me.....dh brings home cardboard and these thicker papers from work....i use the cardboard to make album covers and then make a like accordian inside....i never have to buy albums! and albums are PRICEY....but i can make mini ones, keychain ones, 6x6 8x8 12x12...whatever I choose...

also envelopes make awesome albums too and you can use the inner to stuff little things you take the flap and put it onto the next with glue...makes another kind of album
Do you have any pics of those mini albums? I think I'd like to try something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

gonna post a finished one on here...
just one pic...

ldumont will send you pics if you pm me your email
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default pic of cardboard and paper album~finished

the one pic is from the left laying flat open
the one pic is from the right laying flat open
the one pic is where it is folded as you are about to close it
one pic is just the front of the album
one pic is with the ribbon that is attached to the back of the album between the paper

the pics wont load if anyone needs pics please pm me with your email and i can send out bulk pics
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jactopView Post
Some tips for someone who wants it all (like ME ;) )

Purchase a blender pen so you have a marker in every color to go with your spots.

When you are intrigued by a new product, see if you can mimic it with the stuff you already have especially if you aren't sure how much you would use it. ie. instead of purchasing flower soft or faux snow, grate up some scraps of card stock with a cheese grater. Or before you get into the whole line of copic markers try an aqua painter filled with rubbing alcohol and your reinkers to get some intense color. You might find out you hate fluff on your cards or don't like hand coloring your images before you waste money on a product you'll never use again. Or you might love it and want it all (again, like ME)
Oh, I am so intrigued by this blender pen/ink spot technique. Could you share some pointers if it's not too much trouble.

I am the queen of crafting mimicing but I can't Case worth a darn, lol. I always try to make do. I had some online friends ask me recently how do I find the time to make my own tools and is it worth it? That really made me think. Yes, it's worth it! To me it is since I consider it part of my crafting process. I am still not making acrylic blocks, lol. I have fallen in love with my CD case for acrylic block stamping.

Thank you for sharing the aqua painter/rubbing alcohol tip. It never dawned on me to do that. I am very excited to try it.

I have another beginner tip to share. If a particular style doesn't feel right to you then drop it. Go on to something else even if it's not trendy. It will be trendy again. I got into paper crafting during the distress craze. My Mom is also an excellent distress technique artist. I don't like it. I can do it with everything I have learned. When I do it I feel so not creative. I guess that is the best description. I am more of a symmetry and puzzle type girl in my crafts. Paper piecing, die cutting, painting, coloring are more for me.

Reply With Quote Likes