Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
I've been scouting around the net looking for uses for empty rollerball bottles. I haven't come up with anything. I have a few of them and know that I soon as I throw them out, I'll need them for something.
I wonder if there could be a way to make a distress-like stain from their paint and use it in a roller bottle? Maybe water color paint that comes in a tube? Glue will just gel glued. I don't own any re-inkers.
I'm guessing its rollerball as in deodorant/ perfume bottles? The watercolours sound like a good idea, I imagine you could also use acrylic paint if you watered it down enough. You may just be ahead of the game here, you know! With all the stuff Tim brings out, maybe this was to be his next idea,
Oh. Those roller ball bottles! LOL I would think the paint would dry and crack on those. What about filling with glycerin and rubbing on dry versa mark pads to remoisten? I hear glycerin works just as good for embossing as the versa mark and I don't think it would club the rollerballs.
S2S2014 Challenge $96.21 Winners Post
I also read it, at first, as looking for the bottles, and then ideas. Re-reading, I see I misread! But, I still think it's good because at first I didn't even know what was meant by these bottles... and now that it's on my radar, I also now know where to find them .
How about donating them to a school along with the instructions for the dolls. What a neat idea for a classroom studying Japan. I am not sure kids have time for fun stuff like this any more, but it is surely clever!
I filled a whole bunch with tempura paint (3 primary, 3 secondary, 3 neutrals) and gave them to my granddaughter. She loves "painting with them and there is little to no mess. I found the paints already mixed at both Joann and Mike's, so it was easy peezy, although I did have to add water to some as it seemed too thick right out of the bottle. I included some extra bottles in case she decided she needed a color that wasn't there (like pink!) so that could be mixed with what was still left in the bottles (which was plenty).