In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 05:57 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool
 
Paper Kissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,291
Send a message via Yahoo to Paper Kissy
Default I may give up on unmounted stamp storage and leave them in a big pile * I DECIDED*

I finally decided what to do about my unmounted and clear stamps. Someone in this post showed them in a file cabinet, and I had an unused file cabinet in my stamp room. So for all of my clear stamos I have decided to stamp in Stazon on a full sheet of the Flourishes Clear Acetate "cardstock" and flip that over and line the stamps up on the back, then cover the stamps in another sheet of acetate, so it's a nice sandwich. Those sandwiches will get filed in the folders by company and set name.

For EZ Mounted stamps, I will put them on the Sunday International white sheets and stamp an index on a page to go with them and either put them in a folder, or store them in a binder flat. I am trying to figure out how worried I am about the rubber sliding off the foam, because of gravity as some have warned.

So basically I am very happy to have finally come up with something that will make me happy. I just need to order some more acetate...2 sheets per set is only .83 per set to store like that. Not including shipping. I'm good with that.

Thank you for all that weighed in I really appreicate it!

Erin



I can't seem to find a system I like that will be good for all the unmounted stamps I have, which is not even that many yet. It's getting so frustrating. I seem to have an issue with each of the methods I've been looking at.

CD cases -
1. Too small to hold an entire set comfortably. Obviously some entire sets fit fine, but some I have don't and I don't want to do 2 each for each set.
2. You can't put ez foam mounted stamps in them because of the chemical reaction and even if you did anyway, you can't put them on each side of the case or it won't close.
3. You can't put an index sheet neatly inside it, and I don't want to tape it to the outside cause that looks messy to me.

Stamp by Step Cases -
1. Although larger, they are still a little too small, my stamp sets all seem to fit, the ones I have now, but I can't really put an index sheet with them, since I don't want to tape it to the outside.

Little Monkeys Storage -
1. I don't like the idea of having an open box with loose pages in it.

Sunday International & Gina K -
1. Seem exactly the same to me. The plastic binder boxes are wicked expensive $12.95 for large at SI and $8.95 for small at Gina K and SI. AND they only hold four sets each, so I figure after a while you'd need a ton! And I can't really figure out how I could add an index sheet to them.

Regular Binder with Sunday International sheets in them-
1. I read that you can't put a page protector on them, and if you put them on a shelf, dust would be able to land in the tops of the open pages, and stamps might fall off and land who knows where.


What I want is to be able to put cling mounted sets into cd type cases and have there not be a chemical reaction. I just would want them to be bigger and thicker so you could put cling stamps on both sides and also come up with a way to make an index sheet to go on the outside neatly, like PTI stamp sets that the stamp lines up with the image in the box.

I have a feeling that if I removed the foam, and swithched to Aleens tack it over and over that this would fix some of my problems, but I really like stamping with foam on my red rubber stamps. I do use a darice foam mat, so maybe it wouldn't matter.

I would LOVE any help you can give me, or if you just want to say I am being WAY TOO PICKY, tell me that too

Erin
__________________
My Adoption Blog
2009 Card Making Goal 400 Cards!!! Made So Far = 254

Last edited by Paper Kissy; 12-30-2008 at 05:40 PM..
Paper Kissy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
Jeanne S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Poofville
Posts: 51,139
Default

I put mine on the Sunday International boards and then slip them into a ziplock bag. I put an index sheet on the other side inside the bag.

You can store these in a magazine holder, a file cabinet or they can be hung (how I do it) with clips. I use the Clip it Up Clips and hang from the bottom of the wire rails of a Closet Maid shelf.
__________________
Jeanne S - Inky Paws
SCS Moderator
Jeanne S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:03 AM   #3
Glitter Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,509
Default

OOOohhh _ I love my Little Monkeys! I have had my sets for 2 years and I put a label in the upper left hand corner with what is in the sleeve-Sassy Sayings, Sentiments, Flourish and Swirls, etc. Each panel holds 8 of the $1 sets from Michael's. I just have to flip through, find the sleeve, and stamp away. I have a shelf in the closet they set on and I have used them more in the past 2 years than ever. I like that they are sitting straight up and the "flip file" aspect of it.
53queenbee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
Glitter Guru
 
dougnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 8,162
Default

This is what I use for my Unity stamps, may help you some!

check out this post!
__________________
natalie
my gallery
dougnat diaries
dougnat is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Mad Swapper
 
mungojerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,963
Default

I actually like the Gina K / Sunday International binder boxes. I think they are ridiculously expensive but, I really like them. You can usually fit two regular sized sets on each small sheet. An exception to the 4 sheets per box is Cornish Heritage Farms. I can only fit 3 sheets of their stamps in one box.

They other day, I decided that there really is no merit in keeping each set in a separate CD case or on a separate sheet. I keep index cards for each set / stamp I own. So, I plan on keeping my sets together but not necessarily on a dedicated sheet. I'll put however many sets I can on each sheet and label the box SU #1, or whatever. Then, I'll put the box number on my index sheet.

I'm waiting on some of the 8 1/2 x 11 binders from SI. I figure I can put about 3 regular or 2 larger sets on each sheet. They say the big boxes take 5 sheets so, that's not really too bad. One of the smaller Gina K sized boxes is the same thickness as 4 CD / DVD cases. I figure any space saved is a good thing. Plus, it looks very tidy. Since I store my stamps in my dining room, tidy is good for me.
__________________
Favorite Facebook flair: If a week goes by and your man is not completely confused or terrified by one of your actions, you're not doing your job.
mungojerry is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
Stampin' Fool
 
kitty14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,370
Wink

Just my system, I do not know if it will work for you because I saw the words "EZ Mount" mentioned as I quickly scanned your "problem.

Here is what I did this summer.

1. I removed all my SU sets from the wood. (200+ sets)
2. Each set went in a small zip lock baggie.
3. I cut a sheet of computer paper to fit the baggie.
4. The paper is labeled with the name of the set, the number of pieces in the set and then I stamped each image on the paper, just in case I could not remember what the set was about. ( senior moments, you know! LOL)
5. Photo storage boxes were bought at Michaels and A. C. Moore. They sometimes are on sale for 4/$5.
6. I decided on CATAGORIES and made labels for the slot on the outside of the box.
7. Examples: 1 box is Autumn, Halloween and Thanksgiving. Another is just Christmas since I have so many of those. 1 box is Winter, angels and Valentine's Day. 1 box is the large BACKGROUND stamps. 1 box is Small Backgrounds (like Itty Bitty Backgrounds), Borders, and Phrases. 1 box is Spring, St. Partricks Day, and Easter. 1 box is People, Fairies, Gnomes, Kids.
1 box is Nature, Leaves and Animals. 1 box is FLOWERS since there are sooo many sets that I bought.
8. All the sets fit nicely into the categories I picked and all the boxes fit on 1 shelf!
9. I use Tack N Peel on the Acrylic Block, so there is nothing to put on the rubber stamp.

I had started with a few unmounted sheets and put EZ Mount on them and used them with the binder and storage board idea, but I soon figured out that doing ALL my stamps like this would cost me soooo much that it would be like buying the stamps all over again. So the above system is what I came up with instead. Tack N Peel costs between $7-$9 depending where you get it. If it looses the "stickiness," all I do is run it under warm water and rub off the dust (or in my case, cat hairs!) and let it air dry. The stickiness comes back like magic! I know it is not for everybody but I love it!

Just another idea for you to think about. Good Luck!
kitty14 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kissy View Post

Regular Binder with Sunday International sheets in them-
1. I read that you can't put a page protector on them, and if you put them on a shelf, dust would be able to land in the tops of the open pages, and stamps might fall off and land who knows where.


Erin
I heard it's not safe to put the stamps on page protectors, but is it safe to store them on a board inside page protectors?

I'm in search of a good storage system too. I had my stamps on page protectors in binders, but I didn't like that system. I cut some EZ mount storage boards in half then put a set on each 1/2 board, but I'm not crazy about that. I was thinking of slipping the boards into page protectors and hanging them, but now I'm not sure if that's safe.
khogan is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
Mad Swapper
 
2katjes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 4,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kissy View Post
CD cases -
1. Too small to hold an entire set comfortably. Obviously some entire sets fit fine, but some I have don't and I don't want to do 2 each for each set.
2. You can't put ez foam mounted stamps in them because of the chemical reaction and even if you did anyway, you can't put them on each side of the case or it won't close.
3. You can't put an index sheet neatly inside it, and I don't want to tape it to the outside cause that looks messy to me.
What chemical reaction occurs between EZ mount foam and acrylic CD cases? There is a reaction between EZ mount and acetate, but CD cases are not made of acetate.
__________________
Alice
>^..^< ..... =^..^=
2katjes is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:25 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert
 
Shopping Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Dreaming of the Outerbanks
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2katjes View Post
What chemical reaction occurs between EZ mount foam and acrylic CD cases? There is a reaction between EZ mount and acetate, but CD cases are not made of acetate.
I never head of a chemical reaction with CD cases either....also, if you do mount them on the SI boards, just put them in a zip around binder, and that solves the dust problem.
Shopping Diva is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kissy View Post
I can't seem to find a system I like that will be good for all the unmounted stamps I have, which is not even that many yet. It's getting so frustrating. I seem to have an issue with each of the methods I've been looking at.

CD cases -
1. Too small to hold an entire set comfortably. Obviously some entire sets fit fine, but some I have don't and I don't want to do 2 each for each set.
2. You can't put ez foam mounted stamps in them because of the chemical reaction and even if you did anyway, you can't put them on each side of the case or it won't close.
3. You can't put an index sheet neatly inside it, and I don't want to tape it to the outside cause that looks messy to me.

Stamp by Step Cases -
1. Although larger, they are still a little too small, my stamp sets all seem to fit, the ones I have now, but I can't really put an index sheet with them, since I don't want to tape it to the outside.

Little Monkeys Storage -
1. I don't like the idea of having an open box with loose pages in it.

Sunday International & Gina K -
1. Seem exactly the same to me. The plastic binder boxes are wicked expensive $12.95 for large at SI and $8.95 for small at Gina K and SI. AND they only hold four sets each, so I figure after a while you'd need a ton! And I can't really figure out how I could add an index sheet to them.

Regular Binder with Sunday International sheets in them-
1. I read that you can't put a page protector on them, and if you put them on a shelf, dust would be able to land in the tops of the open pages, and stamps might fall off and land who knows where.


What I want is to be able to put cling mounted sets into cd type cases and have there not be a chemical reaction. I just would want them to be bigger and thicker so you could put cling stamps on both sides and also come up with a way to make an index sheet to go on the outside neatly, like PTI stamp sets that the stamp lines up with the image in the box.

I have a feeling that if I removed the foam, and swithched to Aleens tack it over and over that this would fix some of my problems, but I really like stamping with foam on my red rubber stamps. I do use a darice foam mat, so maybe it wouldn't matter.

I would LOVE any help you can give me, or if you just want to say I am being WAY TOO PICKY, tell me that too

Erin
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to jump in here to show you how I index my stamp sets. I do use our storage system. I have also tried the Sunday International's method and I like those too.



I like this because it's so organzied and the stamps are tucked away safely and neatly. I used binders in the past and sometimes they would fall out because they weren't enclosed.



Someone asked about how to index using these boxes. I use the sheet that comes with our stamps as the index sheet. For other sets, you can always create one by stamping the images yourself on a half sheet of white card stock.

As far as price goes-they break down to between 1.99, (no boards) - 2.23 (with boards) per stamp set for storage when you get the 6 pack. You can store stamps on both sides of the Boards so you only really need two boards per box.

CD cases are cheaper but there is some talk about whether or not they are really safe for cling cushion or will they eventually break down the ability of the stamps to cling. I don't know the answer to that for sure so I'm playing the "better safe than sorry" card for my stamp collection at this point.

I have ruined some of my cling using acetate sheets while trying to create my own binder of sorts. I've had to replace the cling, which isn't a terrible thing but it makes the binder boxes and boards a lot cheaper in the long run if you end up having to replace the cling, KWIM?

CD and DVD tins work really well but they are no cheaper. Especially if you have to pay shipping because they are pretty heavy.

I find myself to not only want convenient storage that can grow with my collection but I like it to look pretty. I've decorated mine with patterned paper like this which I really think looks pretty on my shelf and I can use paper to replicate what's inside. For example: Christmas paper=Christmas stamps. Then, I don't have to print anything on the spine if I don't want to.



The other reason I like these is that they are safe for clear stamps so I don't need two different systems for two different types of stamps.

All that begin said, The little Monkey's system is great too. I have not tried the Stamp by Step yet so I will look to your reviews for that product.

Have a great day!
Gina K.
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #11
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,935
Default

You've gotten so good input here, so I won't share (again) about my photo boxes and laminated index sheets (oops). BUT I did want to thank you for the laugh - great thread title. Kinda like the idea of a pile - kind of like a pot luck for stamping - grab a stamp and prepare for the surprise of finding out which you picked up!
binx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #12
Pearl-ExPert
 
dstfrommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Surrounded by corn fields.
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I put mine on the Sunday International boards and then slip them into a ziplock bag. I put an index sheet on the other side inside the bag.

You can store these in a magazine holder, a file cabinet or they can be hung (how I do it) with clips. I use the Clip it Up Clips and hang from the bottom of the wire rails of a Closet Maid shelf.
That's a great idea! I already have mine on the Sunday boards but they are in binders that I'm quickly outgrowing. I love the idea of them being loose!
__________________
Debbie

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
dstfrommi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #13
Rubber Obsessor
 
BarbaraNI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Costa Geriactica!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 173
Default

Hi there,

I made the mistake of storing some of my stamps that were mounted on EZ mount in CD cases.

After a couple of months, the foam on the stamps had reacted with the cd case and gave the surface of the case an etched look to it IYKWIM.

The stamps have now lost the ability to cling to my acrylic blocks, so now i need to persuade the foam to come of the rubber and replace it and then find an alternative storage system.

So if any of you have got your stamps in CD case and you are using the EZ mount, please take them out and find a different way of storing your rubber.

HTH

Barbara.
BarbaraNI is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #14
Gallery Gazer
 
robynstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playing with paper dolls & lovin' it!
Posts: 7,022
Default

I use CD cases and LOVE IT!! I unmounted over 350 SU sets and only around 7 or 8 had to go in two cases. It is soooo organized and easy to find the stamps I want.

Good luck finding something that will work for you!
__________________
Robyn - Mother of 5
My Blog-The Pink Stamper

My Gallery
robynstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #15
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Stampaholic2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
I use CD cases and LOVE IT!! I unmounted over 350 SU sets and only around 7 or 8 had to go in two cases. It is soooo organized and easy to find the stamps I want.

Good luck finding something that will work for you!
Agreed....I use both CD and DVD cases. I have only had a problem with the "haziness" on a few cases, not sure why they got that way, but the cling and cases both still work. Maybe the quality or material it was made from? I tape my images on white CS to the outside of my case, and then cover them with packing tape to eliminate the corners catching on anything and that general messy look.
__________________
I do not need another horse
I do not need another horse
I do not need another horse
Stampaholic2004 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #16
Polyshrink Goddess
 
fura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunny, CA
Posts: 727
Default

I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you, but this is what I use and it's working out just fine for me. I purchased some dvd tins (without indents) and when opened, you can use both sides. I had to use glue dots to adhere the cover and you may not like the look of it, but I don't mind it so much. GL and I hope you find a system that works for you.
Attached Thumbnails
img_3866.jpg   img_3868.jpg  
__________________
Member of RAK, BRAK & Soldiers' Angels (Ladies of Liberty & Cards Plus team)
My Spunkbug Blog
fura is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #17
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 430
Default

I have switched to plastic CD cases and EZ Mount for all my rubber stamps. Since I am interested in the possibility of this not being safe for storage, I have e-mailed Alicia at Sunday International with this question. I will post her response here when I get it.

Karen
Karen3000 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #18
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3000 View Post
I have switched to plastic CD cases and EZ Mount for all my rubber stamps. Since I am interested in the possibility of this not being safe for storage, I have e-mailed Alicia at Sunday International with this question. I will post her response here when I get it.

Karen

Karen,
Sunday International recommends that, even if you store your stamps in CD cases, that you use their inserts to prevent possible long term damage to the EZ mount. EZ mount is manufactured by Sunday International and this is the recommendation from their website.
Here is a picture of a product that they offer as well as the write up of what they say:



From the Sunday International website, makers if EZ mount:
"CD Case Storage Panels - Package of 10
For those of you that wish to store your smaller stamps in CD Cases we now offer a great solution for protecting your stamps. Just stamp your index onto one side of the panel using permanent ink like StazOn, insert the panel into your CD Case with the index showing outward and then stick your stamps onto the panel. Eliminates the possibility of any long term damage to your ezmount or clear stamps and looks great too!"

I did speak with Alicia and she does recommend this type of storage for protection of EZ mount. I have a whole bunch of older TAC stamps that no longer cling that I stored in regular CD cases so I am no longer taking the chance. Hope this info helps.
Hugs,
Gina
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #19
Proud Fan Club Member
 
jeanstamping2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,024
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kissy View Post
I can't seem to find a system I like that will be good for all the unmounted stamps I have, which is not even that many yet. It's getting so frustrating. I seem to have an issue with each of the methods I've been looking at.

CD cases -
1. Too small to hold an entire set comfortably. Obviously some entire sets fit fine, but some I have don't and I don't want to do 2 each for each set.
2. You can't put ez foam mounted stamps in them because of the chemical reaction and even if you did anyway, you can't put them on each side of the case or it won't close.
3. You can't put an index sheet neatly inside it, and I don't want to tape it to the outside cause that looks messy to me.

Stamp by Step Cases -
1. Although larger, they are still a little too small, my stamp sets all seem to fit, the ones I have now, but I can't really put an index sheet with them, since I don't want to tape it to the outside.

Little Monkeys Storage -
1. I don't like the idea of having an open box with loose pages in it.

Sunday International & Gina K -
1. Seem exactly the same to me. The plastic binder boxes are wicked expensive $12.95 for large at SI and $8.95 for small at Gina K and SI. AND they only hold four sets each, so I figure after a while you'd need a ton! And I can't really figure out how I could add an index sheet to them.

Regular Binder with Sunday International sheets in them-
1. I read that you can't put a page protector on them, and if you put them on a shelf, dust would be able to land in the tops of the open pages, and stamps might fall off and land who knows where.


What I want is to be able to put cling mounted sets into cd type cases and have there not be a chemical reaction. I just would want them to be bigger and thicker so you could put cling stamps on both sides and also come up with a way to make an index sheet to go on the outside neatly, like PTI stamp sets that the stamp lines up with the image in the box.

I have a feeling that if I removed the foam, and swithched to Aleens tack it over and over that this would fix some of my problems, but I really like stamping with foam on my red rubber stamps. I do use a darice foam mat, so maybe it wouldn't matter.

I would LOVE any help you can give me, or if you just want to say I am being WAY TOO PICKY, tell me that too

Erin



Erin, you sound like me. But I solved my unmounted Rubber stamp problem.

I found some White Plastic Storage sheet from The Angel Company and started out with one package of 3, to try it out.

And now I am hooked on storing my unmounted Rubber stamps in a 3-ring zippered notebook.

Look at the photo's below.

I also took some White Cardstock and round the corners and punched holes so they would fit inside the Notebook. Now I can find my stamps and see just what they look like. Storage is awesome!!

Right now I am working on my 3rd Notebook. The first two notebooks have about 20 Stamp set's each.

I use the Cling foam on the back of my Unmounted Rubber stamps. They stick and don't leave a Film. Great storage solution for those who have small spaces.
Attached Thumbnails
white-storage-board-w-cardstock-imags.jpg   3-ring-notebook.jpg  
__________________
jeanstamping2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #20
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina K. Designs View Post
Karen,
Sunday International recommends that, even if you store your stamps in CD cases, that you use their inserts to prevent possible long term damage to the EZ mount. EZ mount is manufactured by Sunday International and this is the recommendation from their website.
Here is a picture of a product that they offer as well as the write up of what they say:

From the Sunday International website, makers if EZ mount:
"CD Case Storage Panels - Package of 10
For those of you that wish to store your smaller stamps in CD Cases we now offer a great solution for protecting your stamps. Just stamp your index onto one side of the panel using permanent ink like StazOn, insert the panel into your CD Case with the index showing outward and then stick your stamps onto the panel. Eliminates the possibility of any long term damage to your ezmount or clear stamps and looks great too!"

I did speak with Alicia and she does recommend this type of storage for protection of EZ mount. I have a whole bunch of older TAC stamps that no longer cling that I stored in regular CD cases so I am no longer taking the chance. Hope this info helps.
Hugs,
Gina
Thanks Gina! When I didn't see anything on the main page about CD cases, only acetate, I didn't think to look any further! I should have known you would have checked it out!!!!

Karen
Karen3000 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 View Post
Erin, you sound like me. But I solved my unmounted Rubber stamp problem.

I found some White Plastic Storage sheet from The Angel Company and started out with one package of 3, to try it out.

And now I am hooked on storing my unmounted Rubber stamps in a 3-ring zippered notebook.

Look at the photo's below.

I also took some White Cardstock and round the corners and punched holes so they would fit inside the Notebook. Now I can find my stamps and see just what they look like. Storage is awesome!!

Right now I am working on my 3rd Notebook. The first two notebooks have about 20 Stamp set's each.

I use the Cling foam on the back of my Unmounted Rubber stamps. They stick and don't leave a Film. Great storage solution for those who have small spaces.
That looks awesome!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3000 View Post
Thanks Gina! When I didn't see anything on the main page about CD cases, only acetate, I didn't think to look any further! I should have known you would have checked it out!!!!

Karen
Since we use EZ mount for our brand of cling cushion, I spoke to Alicia at Sunday to make sure that we weren't recommending the wrong type of storage for our stamps. She said that our storage system will not damage EZ mount but if we ever went to clear CD cases, we should add the small boards to our sets to protect the cushion. The CD tins will not hurt the stamps. It must be something in the plastic that over time will cause damage. I know my TAC stamps are unusable at this point until I replace the cushion. But from the post above, it appears that TAC is now on the same wavelength at Sunday International and Gina K. Designs.

I barely have time to stamp as much as I want to. I don't want to take the time to replace cling cushion, KWIM? LOL!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #23
Proud Fan Club Member
 
jeanstamping2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina K. Designs View Post
That looks awesome!

I like it because all of my unmounted Rubber Stamps are all in one location.

Plus using a 3-ring ZIPPERED notebook. I don't have to worry about them falling out onto the floor. Or loosing them when I go to crop night.

I tried the system that you have. but found I could only place them on side of the Storage boards.


I place my stamps on both sides of the White Plastic Storage boards.
__________________
jeanstamping2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #24
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 View Post
I like it because all of my unmounted Rubber Stamps are all in one location.

Plus using a 3-ring ZIPPERED notebook. I don't have to worry about them falling out onto the floor. Or loosing them when I go to crop night.

I tried the system that you have. but found I could only place them on side of the Storage boards.

I place my stamps on both sides of the White Plastic Storage boards.
Just an FYI, The Gina K. Designs binder sheets can be used on both sides. The ones you tried may have been different.

Your system looks very similar, just larger. I'm glad you found something that works well. It's always important not to lose anything when you take your stuff to a crop, that's for sure!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #25
Die Cut Diva
 
deeth1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,913
Default

I have many stamp sets that are at least 5 years old that are mounted on ez mount cushion and stored in CD cases. I haven't had a problem with any of them so I am surprised that this is happening to others here on SCS.

What actually happens to the EZ mount foam over time? Does it degrade the cushion because of the CD case or does it loose it's stickiness?

An easy solution If it's not sticky any longer, just put a light coating of Alene's tack it over and over on the back of the cushion and keep them in the same cd cases.
deeth1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #26
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 726
Default

Hi!
I like the idea of the CD cases or DVD cases, that way each set is together. Unfortunately I'd rather not buy storage so I came up with a solution that works for me.

I used page protector sheets and Aileene's Tack It Over and over for all my unmounted stamps (how many, a bit over 6,000 images) and stuck them on the cut down page protector sheets. These sheets were cut down to fit inside a zip lock type sandwich bag (not sealed shut). Just in case the dies fell off the page protector. Inside the page protectors are inexpensive cardstock for stiffness. That way one set per side and I can use both sides of the page, if the set is large I can use both sides and keep the set together. With everything stuck in a baggie it's almost like a CD storage in the ease of finding sets.

My baggies are stored in 9 plastic shoe boxes, no lids, indexed sort of like recipe cards. They've been this way for a year and no problem using my dies.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0707.jpg   100_0706.jpg   100_0705.jpg  
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ladybugstamper2; 12-27-2008 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #27
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeth1 View Post
I have many stamp sets that are at least 5 years old that are mounted on ez mount cushion and stored in CD cases. I haven't had a problem with any of them so I am surprised that this is happening to others here on SCS.

What actually happens to the EZ mount foam over time? Does it degrade the cushion because of the CD case or does it loose it's stickiness?

An easy solution If it's not sticky any longer, just put a light coating of Alene's tack it over and over on the back of the cushion and keep them in the same cd cases.
My understanding is that certain plastics cause a chemical reaction with the cling vinyl and cause it to no longer cling. I'm glad you haven't had trouble.

On the flip side, tins- like CD tins or DVD tins can react with clear stamps cause them to break down but cause no problem for EZ mount/cling cushion stamps.
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #28
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
I like the idea of the CD cases or DVD cases, that way each set is together. Unfortunately I'd rather not buy storage so I came up with a solution that works for me.

I used page protector sheets and Aileene's Tack It Over and over for all my unmounted stamps (how many, a bit over 6,000 images) and stuck them on the cut down page protector sheets. These sheets were cut down to fit inside a zip lock type sandwich bag (not sealed shut). Just in case the dies fell off the page protector. Inside the page protectors are inexpensive cardstock for stiffness. That way one set per side and I can use both sides of the page, if the set is large I can use both sides and keep the set together. With everything stuck in a baggie it's almost like a CD storage in the ease of finding sets.

My baggies are stored in 9 plastic shoe boxes, no lids, indexed sort of like recipe cards. They've been this way for a year and no problem using my dies.
They look so pretty!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #29
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
AmberDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Posts: 6,971
Send a message via MSN to AmberDawn Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnat View Post
This is what I use for my Unity stamps, may help you some!

check out this post!
Ooo, great idea Nat! They sell these in our 100 Yen (dollar) stores and have TONS of them! I may switch to that!
__________________
Amber Hight
My Blog
_____________________________________________
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
AmberDawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
I like the idea of the CD cases or DVD cases, that way each set is together. Unfortunately I'd rather not buy storage so I came up with a solution that works for me.

I used page protector sheets and Aileene's Tack It Over and over for all my unmounted stamps (how many, a bit over 6,000 images) and stuck them on the cut down page protector sheets. These sheets were cut down to fit inside a zip lock type sandwich bag (not sealed shut). Just in case the dies fell off the page protector. Inside the page protectors are inexpensive cardstock for stiffness. That way one set per side and I can use both sides of the page, if the set is large I can use both sides and keep the set together. With everything stuck in a baggie it's almost like a CD storage in the ease of finding sets.

My baggies are stored in 9 plastic shoe boxes, no lids, indexed sort of like recipe cards. They've been this way for a year and no problem using my dies.
ooooo I love the simplicity of this - what exactly do you mean by "protector sheets" Thanks in advance
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Apr 26, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #31
Kookie Creator
 
jkminor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bountiful, utah
Posts: 500
Send a message via ICQ to jkminor Send a message via MSN to jkminor Send a message via Yahoo to jkminor
Default

I have the SI inserts for my CD cases and they work fabulous. I also bought some of the bigger sheets to put in a binder for stamps that are just singles or whatever.

Hugs
Jaunice
jkminor is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #32
Stampin' Fool
 
Paper Kissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,291
Send a message via Yahoo to Paper Kissy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnat View Post
This is what I use for my Unity stamps, may help you some!

check out this post!
Well if anyone knows where to get these online please post a link. My closest Target was sold out, and I don't want to drive from Target to Target looking for them.

Thanks

Erin
__________________
My Adoption Blog
2009 Card Making Goal 400 Cards!!! Made So Far = 254
Paper Kissy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #33
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I put mine on the Sunday International boards and then slip them into a ziplock bag. I put an index sheet on the other side inside the bag.

You can store these in a magazine holder, a file cabinet or they can be hung (how I do it) with clips. I use the Clip it Up Clips and hang from the bottom of the wire rails of a Closet Maid shelf.
Jeanne,

This sounds like a great solution. Would it be possible to post a picture? I'd like to 'see' it in action before I invest the time to change systems.
khogan is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #34
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 726
Default

Hi!
The protector sheets are the clear plastic document protector sheets. Those things you slip paper in, and then put in a binder. Those things.

I stick in 2 sheets of Wal Mart white cardstock (makes it sturdy), because the document protector sheets aren't. I used the heavy duty ones, but still unmounted stamps are heavy.

Put the cardstock in the document protector, put this in your paper cutter, cut about 2" off along the side with the binder holes. Measure based on the size of your plastic bags. Then cut what's left in half, horizontally, again measure to fit your bag. This is now sort of lose, so I staple the corners, to hold the document protector to the cardstock. Stuck on the dies (Aileene's Tack it over and over on the back of the dies). Slipped these sheets into the bags.

The file labels are the negatives of the letters I cut from my Cricut. I cut the words out in the bright paper, and stapled it over white cardstock. The letters come across as white, and not all that gluing little letters to the bright paper.


Hope this helps
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #35
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 146
Default

I have used them ALL over the years and I have settled on the Little Monkeys system...luv it!
__________________
~~~~Aimee~~~~
www.artreflecktions.blogspot.com
AimeeInOhio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #36
Insane Embellisher
 
sammsmom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: carmi il
Posts: 803
Send a message via Yahoo to sammsmom1
Default

Since we are kind of on the subject, does anyone know of contact paper or the lamination from a xyron machine will break down the cling on ez mount or on clear acrylic stamps?
__________________
Crys
Check Out My Gallery
sammsmom1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #37
Mad Swapper
 
1flourish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sunny Pensacola
Posts: 1,978
Default

I think I have a great solution to both kinds of stamp storage..clear polymer and rubber. I store them in the clear 4" x 6" ridgid clear hinged boxes that can be found here:I may give up on unmounted stamp storage and leave them in a big pile * I DECIDED*

Here are some shots from my gallery...I am slowly showing off the redo of my space..."Creative License"
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=5508
__________________
jan marie
My Gallery
VISIT THE FLOURISHES FORUM ON SCS
FLLC (Flourishes) gallery
*******************************
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God
*******************************
1flourish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #38
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
Jeanne S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Poofville
Posts: 51,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khogan View Post
Jeanne,

This sounds like a great solution. Would it be possible to post a picture? I'd like to 'see' it in action before I invest the time to change systems.
I'll see if I can get you one tomorrow.
__________________
Jeanne S - Inky Paws
SCS Moderator
Jeanne S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #39
Polyshrink Goddess
 
HoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the nuthouse!
Posts: 821
Default I'm a little lost...

I realize I'm just getting into the whole "acrylic" thing of stamps, but I'm a little confused as to some of the things I'm reading about storage of unmounted stamps.

I have a bunch of stamps to use with acrylic blocks (a lot from a couple Costco packs, plus some from Michaels, and even some Bellas.) I saw someone use a system that just had a regular 3-ring binder, and some sheet protectors with cardstock in each protector to make it sturdy (and give you both sides to use.) I haven't taken a picture of what I've done, so if needed I can do that to make this more clear, but I guess my question is: Is there a problem with storing them this way? I just keep the stamps on the stiff plastic sheets that they come with when I buy them, unwrap them from their outer plastic coverings and slide them into the sheet protector. I actually have used some glue dots to hold each set on the cardstock so they won't slide around. Is this OK? I don't want to "hurt" my stamps!
HoJo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #40
Forum Fanatic
 
glitterdovefairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: within my crazed imagination
Posts: 11,940
Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy
Default

I have used about a million types of unmounted storage over the last 13 years and they do all have pros and cons. I am currently with the Tac system which started because I am a demo but turned into a love.

My warning is no matter how you store your stamps it is very unwise to store them standing up. With any average home heat temps rise and fall. As this happens the glue warms and cools. Eventually your stamps will start to slide off the ezmount. Faster with cheaper brands. I store my binders on their sides after learning the hard way and having to remount many stamps.
__________________
My Blog ╰⊰⊹✿ Doris ╰⊰⊹✿: Mommy to one teenage girl, a water turtle and 3 meow babies
Go grab a Hot Potato! MS: You don't get it till you get it!
G= 100 LT= +13
glitterdovefairy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off