Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I know this has been asked already,buttttt

Have recently been thinking seriously about becoming a demo for SU. I love my demo now and have some guilt about "taking" away sales - there are at least 4 of us that are friends and order from her. I know that's how the business operates and also I really only want it for the discount. I wouldn't get into it with the idea to make lots of money(I'm too adicted and know that's where any "extra" would go). Just wanted some input
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Talk to your demo about this. Even though you may be taking away a few sales you would be adding to her downline. If you wait until January then there are incentives for both of you when you sign up during Sale-A-Bration. Who knows you may find that it becomes a great business for you which can benefit your upline too.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Your future upline might be more responsive than you think. If she is interested in building her business she might want a new recruit and she would still receive some income from your sales. Talk to her about it............you might be surprised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I wondered the same thing myself---but when I signed up, it increased her downline and made her branch out and reach out to new customers.
Talk to her and like someone said SAB is a great time to sign up for both of you!
Good luck in whatever you decide, but do what is right for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it depends on the nature of your demo's business. The first time I was a demo, I had a customer that spent a fair amount and signed up under me as a downline. I didn't want a downline and it didn't really help me at all. No hard feelings though!

The next time I was a demo, I told anyone who wanted to sign up under me to sign up under my upline or find someone near by.

The only way you can know is to ask her. She will understand that it probably doesn't make sense for you to stay a customer if you are spending the minimums to be a demo each quarter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Exclamation thanks

thanks everyone - your input helps a great deal. I do spend the minimums almost all the time and would enjoy an occasional workshop or stamp-a-stack, but this is something I don't want to consume my life - for it to be my passion as a hobby comes first
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi papernutty! I'm in WI, too! Maybe we'll meet a regional sometime. If you don't find any area meetings to go to, you are always welcome at mine.

As a demo who has had many many friends sign up, I would tell you that while yes, sometimes the lost sales smarts a little until you build up your customer base again, it more than makes up for it in sheer fun! Most of my ladies are purely hobbyists and we are all having a blast. Our meetings are the highlight of my month. I would never begrudge one of them becoming one of us... I'm too busy being excited for them.

And if you wait until January 5th to sign, she will get a free any-price set just like you will, so that helps, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds to me like you just want to be a demo for the discount and don't want to hold workshops and such, is this a correct assumption?. Are you going to extend that discount to those other 4 friends? If not, then they should continue to order from your current demo as usual. And you all should continue to attend her functions. My one and only downline ( I used to have 5...sigh!) just buys enough to keep herself active and attends all of my classes and stamp camp. Will you need their orders to meet your minimums?

Talk to your demo and be honest. Tell her exactly what you expect and what your goals are. She will be more than will to help you figure out what will work best.

I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare,
.......and I dare a little more as I grow older.
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post
Hi papernutty! I'm in WI, too! Maybe we'll meet a regional sometime. If you don't find any area meetings to go to, you are always welcome at mine.

As a demo who has had many many friends sign up, I would tell you that while yes, sometimes the lost sales smarts a little until you build up your customer base again, it more than makes up for it in sheer fun! Most of my ladies are purely hobbyists and we are all having a blast. Our meetings are the highlight of my month. I would never begrudge one of them becoming one of us... I'm too busy being excited for them.

And if you wait until January 5th to sign, she will get a free any-price set just like you will, so that helps, too.
I would love to meet you some time. I'm sure her monthly meetings are awesome,she is very creative and super supportive and yes I would wait until after January 5th to sign up - thanks for your input
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by katydidntView Post
It sounds to me like you just want to be a demo for the discount and don't want to hold workshops and such, is this a correct assumption?. Are you going to extend that discount to those other 4 friends? If not, then they should continue to order from your current demo as usual. And you all should continue to attend her functions. My one and only downline ( I used to have 5...sigh!) just buys enough to keep herself active and attends all of my classes and stamp camp. Will you need their orders to meet your minimums?

Talk to your demo and be honest. Tell her exactly what you expect and what your goals are. She will be more than will to help you figure out what will work best.
Being a demo for the discount is exactly my goal and would probably offer it to my friends(??????) I might need their orders to meet my minimum or maybe not. Thanks so much for your input.
Reply With Quote Likes