Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-19-2005, 04:47 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much time do you spend stamping?

I'm curious about how much time you get to actually have fun with your stamps. I definately do not get enough time to play. And the worst part is... it is my own fault. I plan for someday, but it never comes (well hardly ever). I'm always doing whatever I NEED to for that day. I feel guilty if there is something I could/should be doing around the house, or for my kids and hubby. I have a craft room that isn't working, things are packed in so tightly that its hard to get to what I need. We are about to add onto our house (we are in the design phase) now I'm planning on when its done... I'll have a new space that is more efficient and I'll stamp my heart out! But I'm noticing a pattern, I'll have fun someday. I recently realized I live in the future, if that makes any sense??? I want to start doing fun things for myself now. So I want to hear from you so I can see how much time you spend stamping and when do you do it? I don't mean to sound so sappy, I'm just trying to work on this so I don't let time pass me by. Thanks for any info and advice!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

If I can get good uninterrupted time I'll go for hours getting swap stuff done, fun stuff done, monthly stuff done, etc.
Unfortunately I want to stamp a little every day, but I just don't always give into the feeling. I usually just end up waiting until last minute and do the "gotta get it done and in the mail asap" stuff all at once then maybe...just maybe I'll keep going and do other stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 05:07 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Since stamping is my business, I can pretty much stamp all day long. Unfortunately, I have to do other stuff (i.e. housework, cooking, laundry) and that's no fun. I've been known to stamp from morning to late evening, especially when I'm prepping for craft fairs and exhibitions. And I also have gone weeks without stamping (gasp, no), but that's when I get lazy or bored.

BananaJane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 05:48 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I don't stamp every day. Mostly on the weekends if I've managed to get most of the house work done during the week. Sometimes I get a bit of actual stamping time in during the week if inspiration hits me, but mostly I'm playing around with ideas in my head for what I want to play with when weekend comes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I'm a scramper. I do scramp related things every day. If I don't actually stamp, I read a scrap magazine or research different techniques on the computer, etc. I actually work on scrapping at least 5 days of the week. I MAKE TIME. I don't consider a super clean house to be a virtue worth sacrificing my sanity and creativity to. In fact, often it isn't very clean at all. I try to keep the dishes done and the laundry up to date. I try to declutter 2-3 times a week. I "clean" 2-3 times a month-- the floors, windows, toilet, etc. Beyond that, I'm just not interested. I'd rather be reading to my kids or scrapping. And that's just it.

I find a pocket of time from 9-11 every night. At 8:15, I begin putting my kids to bed. I put them in the tub, brush their teeth, and then read to them for at least 20 minutes. Then, I tell them in a stern voice that they have to be in their own room or laying on my bed (I let them mellow out with a video some nights). From 9-11, I scrap, scrap, scrap. And listen to books on tape while I'm doing it. It's heaven. Once I started with this 9 deadline, things have gotten so much better.

Good Luck. Your creative time is part of your sanity. Make them as important as mopping the floor and perhaps you'll find the time. Well, for me it's more important.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 06:11 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Exclamation how much time do you spend stamping?

The more I visit SCS, the more time I spend here... and the less time I spend stampin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Well now that I am disabled I am home all the time. Still not used that to that, anyway I usually stamp a few hours (2-3) each day if I can handle sitting up. If not then I stamp a few times a week for an hour so. Stamping is my business as well, and I sell a lot of my handmade items.
The Angel Company Demonstrator #1260
Team Leader of The Elegant Diva Stamp Angels!
Email
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 06:46 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

I try to stamp everyday - but I've been stuck in a rut lately and haven't stamped much. I'm an elementary teacher and my husband's job has him working 2-10pm. So I get home from school at 3:30pm or so and stamp until he gets home. We don't have any children yet, so my housework is minimal for the time being.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 08:06 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Sadly I haven'y spent much lately. But I have a brand new scrapbook/stamp room so I hope to stamp more soon. When I get started I usually spend at least 3 hours doing it. And many times I do it half the day or more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Time is limited now...

My DH plays computer games with friends on Thurs. nights so I play with paper then. Occasionaly I'll get another night in, or take a break while the kids are napping. One day I'll have time to play all day-- yeah right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 08:12 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

I'm a "wannabe". I have tons of stamps and accessories, but spend way more time on SCS than in my craft room! I need a serious lesson in time management.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was wondering the same thing....check out my poll here:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes