Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many hours a day do you stamp?

I have been a demo (hobby) for 8 months now and seem to collect MANY stamps but have a hard time finding the time to actually get the stamping done. I spend lots of time collecting ideas from everyone here on SCC (I guess that is the problem), I am amazed at the talent you people have. I love everything that you share and wish I could be so creative. I was just wondering (especially for those of you that post your work so often), just how much time do you spend stamping each day? Are you doing this as a business or just a hobby and when do you fit in the laundry, house cleaning, shopping and being MOM?

Thanks for sharing!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I have to admit, it completely depends on the day. Sometimes my 2 year old is in a crafting mood, on those days we can spend all day long up in my craft room where he has a table and all kind of art supplies set up. Sometimes he has no desire at all to craft so my time is limited to nap time and when he goes to bed. I would say if you averaged it out...on a normal week probably an average of 1.5-2 hours a day. I'm kind of in between hobby and business. I actually make some money but I don't actively go after it (does that make sense??). As far as cleaning, etc. my house will never be the cleanest on the block, but it's pretty well organized and picked up. I vaccuum once a week and clean bathrooms once a week, but my philosophy is that the mess will still be there later when I get to it. Of course I'm due with ds #2 at the end of September so all of this is probably going to change then! Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or just want to chat!

Check out my blog... Create Everyday (updated daily sometimes more than once a day)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I live alone, no distractions and there are still some days I don't fit in stamping. If I averaged out a weeks worth I'd say an hour to an hour and 1/2 a day.

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

There are weeks that go by that I don't do a thing!!

Then I'll need to make a card or get in a creative mood and sit down and spend all afternoon. I do tend to do more in the fall/winter months than I do in the summer anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by skstampinView Post
There are weeks that go by that I don't do a thing!!

Then I'll need to make a card or get in a creative mood and sit down and spend all afternoon. I do tend to do more in the fall/winter months than I do in the summer anyway.
I agree.....I haven't stamped in weeks.....I had good intentions today!!! I spent bunches of $ yesterday on the new A Muse stuff and had planned on stamping all day today...but, here I sit looking at SCS!!!! I'm taking breaks though and cleaning house!!! Guess I'll stamp tomorrow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I stamp or scrap 1-2 hours a day. It seems I am always working on something. I have a stamp room so I can leave everything out and just work on them for 5 minutes at a time in between feeding babies, laundry, and other responsibilities. Oh ya........ SCS & Blog time in there, too!

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I could tell you by the week, not day....I get about 5 hours a week, usually in one day, I rly get moe than 2 days aweek...but in a few weeks I will be dropping both kids off for preK and preschool at 12 and picking them up at 315.....and my LSS is 2 doors down from there....
Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

In between taking two correspondence classes, working full time, working out daily, maintaining my house (cooking, cleaning, groceries, etc.), and doing other stuff like visiting family and friends and making sure I have quality time with the BF... um, I get about 3 hours a week, usually on the weekends. :( I'm trying to find more time to stamp, but the school thing has really thrown a kink in my plans. Right now, school and exercising have to be my #1 priorities. I'd love to do more, but just can't find the time right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #9  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Not enough ;) .

Actually, I'm lucky if I get 30 minutes in a day....and that's a good day! I wish it was more, but for now, it'll have to do!

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Time

I work full-time - no kids - but hubby and I are on the go all the time.
I feel guilty about it sometimes but at times our lives are so crazy there are weeks that go by that I don't stamp.

After a recent stamp camp order came in and I was sitting there cutting out and mounting my stamps and fussing about doing it - I muttered something about paying my demo to cut out my stamps for me.

DH looked up from his paper and said "When else would you touch them?"

OUCH!!!

I'm trying to do better - last Sunday, I sat down to stamp and spent 2 hours re-organizing my stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

There are never enough hours in the day, are there?

I usually spend about an hour a day stamping for about 5 days of the week (usually at night after my three kids are in bed). One day I usually spend a longer time (if my hubby is home and he wants to be an angel)--around 2-3 hours!

It is really a hobby for me although I do make some money doing it (very little in comparison to spending!! lol!) I think that because it is a hobby it is such great relaxing ME time! Making it too much of a job might take some of that way, KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a separate artroom (TG) where I can grab a few minutes here and there while working on something. It used to be in the basement but because I had to run up and down those stairs just to grab a minute to work, I relegated our guest room to the basement. Now while I am making dinner I can grab a minute to do this or that in there; so all in all I think I may spend half hour most days, none some, and a few 2-4 hour days at a stretch rubber stamping. I love to be creative but have found that my relationships with other people must take precedence over time spent on my hobby. Kids and grkids, hubby, neighbors all are more exciting than creating a card, though I love to do that so much. So, the time one spends on their hobby is all relative!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

I eat, sleep and breathe stamping, so it's usually over an hour a day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I stamp in spurts. I can go for days or even weeks without stamping. If I don't have at least three hours to play, it's just not worth my time. I do stamp almost every Friday night with a friend. She and her husband and kids come over for dinner. Then we put all the kids to bed at 8, the guys watch a movie or play a video game and we stamp. They usually stay 'til almost midnight. That is always a good time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Hubby says that I get into "my own little world" when I am in my craft room.. its my get away from it all place... I must admit I spend quiet a bit of time there... it helps to keep my mind off the pain of my RA... and I love making lovely things to give people a lift... I spend a LOT of time stamping...
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Probably 3 or 4 hours a week. So averages about 1/2 an hr a day.

I started my GALLERY!!!!!!! I really *am* a stamper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I spend about 4 or 5 hours a day card-making (not necessarily stamping - more like trying to draw whatever stamps I don't have). It is easy for me because DH rides on his stationary bike and watches TV while I make cards next to him at "his" table (it's secretly mine now). On my days off, I spend about 10 hours a day card-making. But all these hours include hours of staring off into the wall thinking of nothing, or changing my mind numerous times about what colours etc. to use.

It helps that I get an hour at work (half hour lunch and two fifteen-minute breaks) to paint or draw whatever stamp it is that I want. I take inspiration (currently, the SU! catalogue) with me in my lunch bag, so that is a time saver!! I'm only doing this as a hobby, not a business (I think I've sold maybe 9 cards total *grin*). I've given tons away.

DH does the laundry, house cleaning, shopping, and cooking. *huge grin* But in exchange, he keeps all of my cards that he wants (even those intended for others - too bad if I have to make a duplicate!).

And we have no kids (by choice). And...we are each other's social life. So um...that opens up a LOT of leisure time for both of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

I spend probably about an hour or two during the day online, updating my blog, visiting here, a few other sites, reading some blogs and checking out the gallery. During the summer I don't scrap as much, maybe after dinner a couple of nights a week and then try to get in about 4-5 hrs on the wkend. In the winter time, I tend to spend more time scrapping b/c I'm not outdoors as much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Probably an average of 1/2 an hour per day. But some days I do nothing (as you said, kids and chores!) and other evenings I'll stamp and scrapbook for 2-3 hours.

- Krista
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

I'd say it averages 2 hours a week, but that's a rough estimate. I need to be more efficient with my time, that's for sure. Summer is HARD, with the different schedules and the kids being home. I try to get a chunk of time on the weekend, at least once a month.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

Now that my girls are a little older and sleep in a bit during the summer, I get about an hour a day uninterrupted stamping time!
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

My DH is a fireman, so he is gone every third day for 24 hrs. Those are the days that we have left-overs for supper and messes aren't that big of a deal. I usually stamp more on those days than any other. Usually about 3 hrs. On the days that he is home by 4:00, I maybe stamp an hour if any. I do like for him to coem home to a clean house and a hot meal for dinner. I usually vacuum every other day and clean the bathrooms atleast once a week if not more. Sometimes I stay up late by myself stamping just to get some down-time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

I spend about 30-45 minutes per day ususally between getting home from the gym and going to work. I wish I could do more... doesn't everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

Some days I don't stamp at all; other days I might get to stamp all day. It all depends on what is going on in my life. I am a teacher, so I get to stamp more during the summer. When I am in school, I have so many papers to check that I often only get to stamp on the weekends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #25  
Mad Swapper

I think the most I've ever done is a couple hours - it's tempting to want to do stamping after the kids go to bed (when DH is hoping to spend time with me), or instead of the freelance work I'm supposed to be doing (since I haven't yet tried to make any money out of my stamping, LOL) on the days I have a babysitter. The stamping is so much fun and a great release for me after a long day! I already told DH I'm going to want to do more stamping during the VSN in September.
Reply With Quote Likes