Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #41
Compulsive Stamper

although i wish i had a better selection of inks and papers, i just bought this and i love it! Compact Stamp Press / Products - Buy Online (Price $13.79) | Fiskars im not afraid to use my stamps anymore! and i may even try some of those i have virtually given up on getting a proper image with them. iirc, this one got good reviews, while another similar press, the one with the image of the tag on it, didnt sound so beloved. good luck & happy stamping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #42
Simon Says Stamp

I use Versafine Onxy Black ink, especially with greetings when I want them to be crisp. I didn't think ink could make such a difference but it does. When I plan to color with Copics? I use Memento Tuxedo Black Ink which results in pretty crisp images for that.

*VersaFine ONYX BLACK Ink Pad Pigment
*Tsukineko MEMENTO Full Size Ink Pad TUXEDO BLACK
Old 12-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to dottiejdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Queen View Post
Memento and
Stampin' Up Classic Ink - the new pads.

The new pads on SU inks make a huge difference. I've tried it even using the cheep acrylic/polymer stamps and love how they've turned out. Now I do stamp on a foam pad when using acrylic/polymer stamps.

Here's the same image stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on top and Stampin' Up Basic Black on the bottom.

Sorry the image is so large. I uploaded from my cell and didn't get to resize.
I totally agree with you on the Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad. I have stamped and stamped wondering why my brand new pad wasn't a nice, juicey black, fully covering and deep black like some users say theirs are. I used to use Brilliance, then Archival, but the best black black I found, not having SU black, is Versa. But, each stamp does act differently on different paper so ya gotta try on a scrap piece first to know what you're going to get before using it on the finished layer.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #44
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

I was seriously about to give up on my clear stamps. Thank you, All, for the ideas. I'm going to try a couple suggestions right now!