Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:51 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you organize/store your scrap papers?

I have a lot of small and big pieces of papers. More so now than before and I can't seem to be able to throw them away, even a little bit, since I might need them for little sentiment stamps or something else.

For the bigger pieces, it's still not that bad, I stick them back with the rest of the 8.5x11 or 12x12 or the mid-size ones I have a little tote, but the smaller ones I'm having a heck of a time and I literally have a little hill in the middle of my work table and I do use them. But I just prefer they're not there and when I do need something, I don't have to shuffle through the whole thing looking for that little 3x3 piece of wasabi paper that I now I have from a previous project and now I need.

What do you use to organize your leftovers?

Thanks!

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 06:15 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I bought a cardboard photo box with dividers and I put my scraps by color family in there. Anything 1/4 sheet of CS or smaller sized goes in it. I had bigs plans for having a divider for each color, but I got lazy. I have not had a problem with just having them in families, somehow the same color pieces always end up near each other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I've got mine in plastic wallets by colour with a sticker on each one ( sad I know but my youngest wrote them out for me), I keep them all in a ring binder on the shelf.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

my friends and I get together bring along our scraps and then we trade out . Sometimes when you store all the scraps you tend to forget what all you have so if you share with others then you get new stuff and no guilt from throwing your old stuff out. I tend to store mine in clear gallon size zip loc bags so I can see what I have and store them in project protectors they are easy to toe around and then you can see what you have in a quick hurry. Hope you have a great holiday and hope this was helpful ~~bluegirl~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I have 2 accordian 12 x 12 holders, one for cardstock and one for patterned paper, sorted by color.

I have 2 plastic clear drawer containers from M's that are floss holder containers. One is for cardstock and the other is for patterned paper, sorted by color. These hold my itty bitty pieces, 4 x 2 or smaller. These little bits are great for punches or matting small words, etc. If they were stored in the accordian holders I probably would never use them b/c they would just become lost amongst all the bigger pieces in there.

I've done this system for about 3 yrs now and it works well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:17 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I too can never seem to throw scras away, but I use them religiously. In fact, I love nothing more than a card that used all sctraps (exceot the card base, of course). I keep any piece that is the size of a card base in with the full sheets, all other pieces go into my scrap boxes. I have two large boxes and there are accordion legal size files in each box. Each color family gets its own file as do basic black, very vanilla, whisper white and one file for all the other neutrals. within each file each color is in its own page protector. You can see the photos in this post on my blog: http://stampwithdiane.blogspot.com/2...my-scraps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

I have a rolling file holder that has legal size hanging folders. I have a legal size folder for each color (red, pink, orange, etc) and some for certain stacks or paper packs I have too. I have stored them different ways, but I really like this way now. I can just pull the folder out, open it up and flip through it very easily. I found when I had to dig through stuff I didn't use them. It's also easy to file away scraps when I am done. I used to the have the big pile too and hated organizing them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I have one of those milk crate file folder things and each color has a hanging file folder and a manila folder inside of it. I put anything smaller than a card front in the manila folder and card front sizes and bigger, but smaller than a full sheet go in front of the manila folder but still in the hanging folder. I go there first, before i go to my full sheets, and keep just about anything larger than a 2x2 scrap, the rest i toss!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I have cut 8 1/2 x 11 " envelopes in half and place each colour of scraps in its own envelope. There is also a tab, punched from the colour in the envelope, attached so I can see which colour is in the envelope. They are all together in a box, standing upright so all I have to do is grab the envelope I need. They are in alphabetical order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 3 drawer units from Walmart. I have them divided by color. The CS scraps go in my hanging file sorted by color.

My Blog http://crazystamplady.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have two file cabinets (clear) and each has 2 drawers. I have each color family in a drawer with each color in it's own hanging file folder. I then put any scraps smaller than a card front (1/4 of an 8.5x11) in a ZipLoc freezer quart size bag. The bag goes in the front of the folder and in the front of all the CS. The only change I would make is to have the file cabinets support legal size folders as then my 12x12 CS scraps could go in there too!! It works great as I can keep the tiniest of scraps and they don't get lost as they are in the baggie!!
HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I have 2 Cropper Hopper Heavy Duty Workstations. All of my paper is filed in 12x12 hanging file folders. The scraps are in a gallon sized ziplock in the same folder as the full size sheets. I always check the scrap bag before I cut a new sheet.

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made a file folder for each color, with a tab of that color stapled along top. Full sheets go in the back of the file, scraps in front. Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
How do you organize/store your scrap papers?-scrap-file-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2007, 03:23 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

I also have 2 no now 3 accordian diver folder that stores my paper in 2 solids and 1 printed paper.

My older paper that isn't SU. I have a big stack of that that is in a wooden stand my hubby made . This paper my kids can use whenever they need paper. also any of the scrap paper from the folders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2007, 03:31 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

I have a "mailbox" from Office Max. It's what some teachers use to organize their students papers. It's divided into 12 sections and each color has it's own "mailbox". does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Thanks ladies for all the filing ideas. I'm going to try one or two out and see how it goes. I really need to organize my scraps. It's my next year goal!

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I have my full sheets in file folders. Once they're cut, I have 6 9x12 clear plastic envelopes. One for each SU color family, one for neutrals and InColor, and one for patterned paper.
Reply With Quote Likes