Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help need ideas

well my d.d will be turning 5 in jan and has decided to have a Shaun the Sheep birthday party...(Sigh! her fav animated show) if you haven't seen it i think you should check it out it's pretty darn cool even as a adult. i have already made some punch art sheep to decorate her give-away goodie bags but I'm looking for some more ideas. I love the punch out sheep they are so cute and works well for this theme but think this would be too time consuming to make many of them and i already am using on goodie bags. Is there any other ideas out there, I'm stumped! i truly want it to be special. thanks for your input in advance.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I do themed parties for my kids every year, and I often take regular games, and make them fit the theme. Could you do pin the tail on the sheep (instead of the donkey), for example? Could the girls make a sheep or dress it up, or something like that as a craft (sorry, my kids are a bit older and I haven't seen that show)? One of our favourite activities is a scavenger/treasure hunt. Maybe you could hide items related to the show and then the kids to hunt for them. Family Fun and Kaboose are great sites for party ideas too. Have fun planning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

How about SHEEP or SHAUN instead of BINGO?

Another game we play at every party (even my teenager's!) is musical chairs with a twist. When the music stops, everyone sits on a chair. Go again, but this time remove a chair (not a child). Keep going and remove a chair every round. Eventually, all the kids are sitting on one chair all on top of each other and laughing hysterically. It's very fun and no one has to be out. I know it's not sheep related, but it is a really fun game. Maybe you could use the theme song from the show as your music. I've never seen the show so don't know if it even has theme music.

Here is another one I just thought of that also gets a lot of laughs and you could make it sheepy. In advance, we put instructions of funny things to do (baa like a sheep, do a dance, run around saying Happy Christmas, etc. whatever is silly) on little sheets of paper and put them inside balloons. Blow up the balloons and tie them. One at a time, each of the girls sits on a balloon to pop it and then they have to do whatever the instruction says. You might have to help the little ones read, but that would be okay. We usually play where the person who pops the balloon has to do the funny thing, but last time, all the girls did all the things. It was hysterical having 14 eight year olds dancing around the house (or whatever).

We've also played the telephone game where I have started with a sentence - otherwise the kids come up with dumb stuff. Something along the lines of Shaun Sheep sees sunny skies and skiing snowmen.

We've hung donuts from strings in our garage and had the kids eat them without using their hands (again, not sheep related but you could do cotton candy and call it wool).

You could make sheep shaped sugar cookies and let them decorate with frosing and sprinkles (if you don't mind a mess).

Those are all my ideas for now. Good luck and have fun! Oh! Always have a story or a short movie for a back up just in case. Also, when my kids were smaller, there would always be one invited child who didn't want to participate and that was okay, too.

Let us know how it all goes!

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, Jennifer, you are good!
When I did my sons' parties, I can't think of anything but like a lot of creative processing...once you get started, it'll come- in spades! GL and have fun. My dudes LOOOVE Wallace & Gromit and Shaun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #5  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Make the cookies in sheep shapes and hang them in the garage......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 04:55 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I too love Shaun the sheep! Your DD has great taste! Living here in the UK where it is made we have access to quite a bit of merchandise but I too wanted to make my own "stuff" for our little boys 5th bday last year. I got hold of a Magnolia Sheep stamp and made various items such as Invites, Place cards, and Thank you cards. See here........

Magnolia Tilda's Sheep by leelulumpkin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Magnolia Tilda's Sheep by leelulumpkin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

If you would like me to send you some stamped images for you to use just send me a PM with your address and I would love to pop some in the post for you! Always being short of time myself I really appreciated how quick these were to produce ie: very little colouring!

Hope you have a great party whatever you do x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I did this for my granddaughters third birthday. we had to add some cows thought. The sheep are adorable!
http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-ho...irthday-party:)
Reply With Quote Likes