Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Moving

Hi all,
Hope you can help me. My husband and I are moving to a new house (bigger house where I will be getting my very own crafting room), but I'm not sure how to pack up my stamping supplies, such as ink pads, papers, stamps and especially my die cuts and embossing folders, and embossing powders/glitter. Please help! Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

How do you normally store your stamps now? As for cardstock I just put mine into boxes laying flat so that it wouldn't cause any bends or creases in the cardstock. I did the same with my designer paper. I didn't fill the box with just paper/cardstock though because it would be to heavy to carry, or at least that is what DH told me, so I filled the boxes half full with paper/cardstock and then put lighter items like embellishments in to fill up the rest of the box. If you are worried about your dies I would find a smaller box that your dies would fit into nicely and add smaller item or something else so that they can't move around a lot. I found that packing my craft room was almost the same as packing my good china. I also wrote fragile on all the boxes and indicated what side up they had to stay. Any thing like glitter, ink refills or liquid stuff I put into ziploc bags and then into the box so if they broke open it wasn't all over the rest of my stuff. Enjoy the new craft room once you get moved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I've moved 30 times in the last 20 years (across town and across the country, repeatedly...), and I've decided that the BEST way to move (for me, at least) is to get these file boxes. They stack really well, they have handles, I can write right on them what's inside, and if there are no muscles around to help, I can comfortably manage to carry them all by myself! I pack EVERYTHING in them (except clothes and linens, which go into garbage bags) and go! After I unpack, I fold all the boxes flat and store them for the next move (which, obviously, I know is coming, lol)! Good luck with that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Forgot to mention that I agree with Jackie on how to go about filling the boxes...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Hi Linda,

First of all, congrats on the new house and your own crafting room (it's always a bonus!)

Now, moving your stuff there....

Jackie has some excellent ideas, and as a regular mover (hazard of the DH's job) I agree with all her suggestions. Check with the size of boxes, a book/wine box is smaller than the tea chest and makes it easier to keep your crafting stuff more manageable.

Last move (a year ago today!) I had my paper laying flat, in a paper case on the bottom of a box, it survived like that for 2 weeks. Most of the rest of it went into my little wheeled craft suitcase which went into a box on it's own, i had packed it well, and filled any gaps with paper balls to stop stuff moving around, and it transported well, I did take the handle off my BigShot to make it easier to pack in a box, and so I wouldn't loose it I taped it in a bag to the multipurpose platform. I have all my dies in a small plastic box now (aprox 10l), so for my next move (which is currently set for next Christmas) I will be padding those out with paper to stop any movement while in transit. If you want to know if you've packed it well enough, just pick it up and give it a quick shake, anything that rattles, you might want to check. I put each and every container of embossing powder in it's own bag last time, (next time, i might not be so fussy, as i've gotten a lot more powders now), but that said, i didn't have a single bottle spill anything either.

Good luck with the move and I hope you have in your new workspace
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I packed my inks and reinkers into sealable baggies just in case there was a spill or explosion they wouldn't ruin everything else in the box with them. The file boxes are an awesome idea - they are designed for weight and the handles are so helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Gregzgurl - I thought moving 9 times in 6 years was bad! I don't know how you managed moving 30 times in 20 years!!
Reply With Quote Likes