Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2004, 10:03 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with kids bithday party

I was asked to do a Stampin' Up! b-day party. The group is for ages 5-7. Any suggestions on what we can do, and how much to charge per person. I have never done one of these! Please help! I would appreciate any and all suggestions!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 10:10 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

for a girl or boy?

stephr119@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No suggestions on what to do right now, but be VERY careful about what you supplies bring and make sure you take the time at the beginning to teach them the proper way to stamp.

I just brought my stamps in for my Brownie meeting (2nd graders 7-8 years old.) I wanted them to do "thank you" notes so I brought three stamps from "Many Thanks" and some non-SU pads I didn't really care about.

The kids were so excited about the stamps. I didn't take the time to teach them to stamp (except to tell them not to mix colors) and they just went nuts...scraping the stamps across the pads, twisting and dragging the stamps on the paper, carelessly tossing the stamps back on the pad on the wood sides :shock: I was appalled (and secretly thankful that I hadn't brought in more stamps for a larger project.) Not to mention, the cards looked hideous after all this "creativity" (but hey, my Brownies had fun )

I would plan on lots of adult supervision and maybe a "stamp and pass" format so it doesn't turn into a free for all.

Good luck - you'll need it!
Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 11:54 AM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way it's for a girl who will turn 6. She has attended three workshops with her mom - that's why she wants a SU party.

I thought about having her mom purchase a set of stampin' spots and I have an extra set from this year's SAB. I thought that would be a great start and add that to their goodie bag. Just not sure what I could make without costing me my right arm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 12:27 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Hi Valinda, I did a party for a group of home schoolers a little while ago. They all made book marks and loved it. Also, if the girls are like my six year old how about notebook covers. You can pick up mini composition books at walmart for about 78 cents. One thing that I would caution you on is to not bring anything you don't want ruined. When I work with kids I find it best to just use the basic black and have them color in with markers or colored pencils. Also, you could have them decorate a white lunch bag to take home there goodies in. Hope this helps. Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Thanks Ann ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 01:09 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

that's a really good idea....what about having them decorate a few labels...just split up a couple sheets, and wrap their own candy bars to take home and pouches....you could use the pretty princess set...and have them help make different party favors...you could make a bingo type game with that set, or another girly set, and call out things, and the guests "win" the order the birthday girl opens her presents in...and maybe a small party favor for them too, but like if "sarah" wins, then "jenny" opens sarah's gift first, and so on...just a thought

steph

stephr119@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Likes