Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #1  
Ris
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP! Compressed foam under rubber image!

I have a lovely birthday stamp but somehow the foam backing under a portion of the rubber has been compressed so that the edge of the image does not stamp well. This is a black, rather dense foam mounted on wood. Do any of you stampers have a fix for this--short of removing the red rubber and remounting on new foam. Would applying heat from my embossing tool do the trick? Thanks for any help. Ris
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes I have a stamp that is indented on the edge. Since I have always been too lazy to try to find a (better) remedy for this, I have always just used a pen to mark the indented area on the image sticker, so that whenever I go to use the stamp, I'm reminded that I must "rock" the stamp that way to compensate for the dip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ris, has it always been compressed or did something happen to your stamp to compress it? I've had problems when mounting rubber stamps to wood blocks when I accidently placed the stamp down in a way that made part of the foam squished but I was able to pull up the rubber and re-lay it down and it fixed itself. I'm not sure if in your case, microwaving your stamp so you can unmount/remount the foam and rubber will work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #4  
Ris
Cardstock Collector

Thanks, Sophie--I have done a similar thing when an image is not mounted straight...use a Sharpie to mark an arrow on the wood in the direction I need to move it to compensate. The compression on the foam is not too-too bad, and I tried my embossing tool on it and think it raised it up a bit. I guess my next step is to ink -> stamp and see how it looks. May have to use your rocking technique. Happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #5  
Ris
Cardstock Collector

Jennifer--I think that it got compressed when in a bag with some other stamps awaiting a permanent home while I re-organize my space. As I was telling Sophie (above), I think having used the heat from my embossing tool may have helped a bit, but I haven't stamped with it yet. If it isn't too bad, maybe gently rocking it,as Sophie suggested, might suffice. Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

My SU Dasher stamp was that way.
After much fiddling to try to correct it I finally carefully removed the red rubber from the foam and re-mounted it with new EZ Mount. Problem solved. Next time this happens I will spare myself all the fiddling and just re-mount the rubber

If you order from Gina K she sells EZ mount and I think you can order it by the sheet to have on hand to fix problems

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 08-30-2012 at 11:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 02:34 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
My SU Dasher stamp was that way.
After much fiddling to try to correct it I finally carefully removed the red rubber from the foam and re-mounted it with new EZ Mount. Problem solved. Next time this happens I will spare myself all the fiddling and just re-mount the rubber
I agree. It's better just to peel off the stamp, toss the wood and the foam and mount it on EX Mount. Squished foam can turn into ripped or flaky foam so it's better to just get rid of it.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes