Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going through withdrawal

We moved over Christmas time to a new house and are currently renovating it. It was built in 2001, but the house was only lived in for about a year [they lived in another country but still payed mortgage on this place= craziness]. Right now, after painting the entire house and laying hardwood in the bonus room, we are putting the final touches on the new hardwood in the master bedroom.

For the past month, I have not been able to stamp one thing because my husband piled floorboards, furniture, and tools in my craftroom!!!! My poor craftroom hasn't even been decorated yet- I have only had time to unpack some boxes prior to the renovations starting.

I was really looking forward to having it done today- meaning we would put everything back, but now my DH is sick [too much wine last night, me thinks] so it looks like we won't get it done until tomorrow.

The thing that sucks with that is that we have my parents coming on Monday [they are flying back from a Dominican vacation] and they are staying with us for a week, so that means no stamping still!!!! My mom is not a stamper at all.

Anywho, just wanted to share with some girls who know what it's like.

Here are some pictures of it and for giggles I included the picture of our new floor and painted walls.

Oh, and please don't mind the clothes that are messily placed ontop of the dresser, that's my hubby's idea of laying out closet clothes neatly. LoL!!!!

~~
Attached Thumbnails
Going through withdrawal-p3270158.jpg   Going through withdrawal-p3270160.jpg   Going through withdrawal-p3270161.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I totally feel for you. We were suppose to move on December 11 so I had everything packed up including most of my craft room, but due to some banking issues we didn't get moved until Jan 25 so I went most of that time without being able to do any stamping or making cards. Maybe you could sneak into your room every once in a while to make a quick card or to unpack some more of your stuff, just to be close to your supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Just think, it will all be new and fun when you do ACTUALLY get to unpack!! And it will be a good time to purge any stuff that you look at and think WTH???

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I feel for you to. I moved and most of my stuff stayed packed for almost 6 months. I only got to the stuff in the tops of the boxes. Then our basement flooded just as my room was almost ready to move into so more waiting for almost another year. I kamakzee stamp.... I just pick up whatever I can find from the top of whatever box or drawer I see and use that. I am almost there too and hoping to enjoy my new room sooo much. Good luck with your room. You'll love it! could you call some girfriends after your mom leaves to help you get set up??? Maybe your mom would help you move it all in.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

time passes quickly, you would agree, especially when we need to get so much done.
You can finally see the time coming when you will be able to get in that craft room.
I'm also thinking, wouldn't a dear loving mom, cook a meal at your home, so you can have some time in your craft room also. or maybe you can sneak away to a craft store,
to make a card to passify your desire for the time being. You know us addicts can accomplish it somehow. Sure hope you don't get sick too.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

When my parents come, I think that I will do a bit of stamping. My hubby told me that he needs a break from all the renos that we are doing, so it looks like we won't be installing the hardwood in our main floor this week like what we thought. My Dad has a few projects that he wants to accomplish: he wants to hang some shelves in our garage and fix our deck, you know, Dad things. So, maybe my Mom and I can sit and have a bit of craft time [she knits and does beadwork] so maybe then I can get a few cards in.

Carolyn- thanks for the well wishes- I won't be getting my husband's sickness though. He got sick totally self-caused from drinking too much wine on Friday night. LoL. Oh, and I love your avatar!!!!

~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I can so relate! I have spent the past 5 weeks de-cluttering, packing, cleaning and moving most of my things to a storage unit so I could get my home listed thru a realty company! So much for stamping or quilting time! It was quite hard - and I sure missed it a great deal. But this weekend I have finally been able to dig into my cardstock, stamps and ink... AND what I have found/discovered is a whole new mind set of creativity, ideas, just appreciate my stamping time and materials more than ever. Have a TON of thank you notes to create now, for all the awesome people who donated their time to help me out this past month. Each of them were such a blessing.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS! Is a great motto I use and easy to remember. It is hard not to be able to engage in artistic activities when they are so important to our body, mind and spirit! But the time will soon fly by and I am sure you will be back into your brand new 'art studio' feeling creative and appreciative of the time you can spend there!

Blessings!
Reply With Quote Likes