Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to ND to Shop - need advice!

Ok, ladies I need some help here....

I live in Winnipeg, MB (Canada) and am going to Fargo and Grand forks next weekend for some cross-border shopping and some post-Thanksgiving deals.

What is the Dollar Spot in Target, and where do you find it in the target store? We are stopping in at the super target in Grand Forks on the Sunday and I NEED to know what I am looking for.... Help! Any other great things to watch for in Target???

Also, does anyone know of any good craft/scrapbooking/stamping stores in those cities? I am going with a group from work (actually 2 buses full of ladies ready to shop!) so I will only be near the malls (West Acres and the Target/Old Navy area in GF) in both towns. I won't have a car, so am limited to just those areas of town.... Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Heather

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I was just at Grand Forks Super Target on Wednesday. (I'm from Winnipeg too!!) When you walk into the store throught the grocery doors the $1 spot is on the left hand side just past the shopping carts. There is a Michaels within a trek distance and everything else would require driving. Have fun!!

Mellie:mrgreen:
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Hi, Heather. I live 30 minutes south of Fargo. The Scrap Nook in Fargo & K&Krafts in Moorhead (town next door) are two great scrappin'/paper crafts stores. We also have Hobby Lobby & Michael's just a couple blocks from each other. There's also a Ben Franklin with a great scrapbooking section that's going out of business and have heard of some great deals, but personally haven't been there so would hate to send you there and there not be anything left. A member of my downline lives a couple blocks from there. Maybe I can get her to PM you if she's been there recently.

Please PM me if you need address/driving directions/more details. Happy shopping!!

Melissa

p.s. Our Target Dollar Spot is right when you walk in the door to your left as well -- can't miss it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

A reminder too so that you don't get disappointed, the Hobby Lobby in Fargo is closed on Sundays....

I'm in Grand Forks

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I am assuming that I am that member of her downline that she is speaking of.LOL. I do not think the 2 of us have been on here at the same time. Too funny.

Anyway - Ben Franklin - going out of business - 70% off or more on what is left. I still think there are good things left and for a steal. This store had the largest scrapbook section and an in house framing business so there is plenty of both of those things left. If there is something specific your group is looking for I could certainly check it out tomorrow and get back to you. I think it would be a hoot to have a busload of Canadians descend on this store. HMMMM I night actually pay to see that:-)

I hope you enjoy your shopping trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissaklynn
Hi, Heather. I live 30 minutes south of Fargo. The Scrap Nook in Fargo & K&Krafts in Moorhead (town next door) are two great scrappin'/paper crafts stores. We also have Hobby Lobby & Michael's just a couple blocks from each other. There's also a Ben Franklin with a great scrapbooking section that's going out of business and have heard of some great deals, but personally haven't been there so would hate to send you there and there not be anything left. A member of my downline lives a couple blocks from there. Maybe I can get her to PM you if she's been there recently.

Please PM me if you need address/driving directions/more details. Happy shopping!!

Melissa

p.s. Our Target Dollar Spot is right when you walk in the door to your left as well -- can't miss it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Ditto to all the above. The ScrapNook (in a tiny strip mall next to the South University K-Mart) has the best selection of scrapbooking supplies (eg. PAPER!!) I've seen anywhere. And K&Kraft in Moorhead is the best local place for rubber stamps, although she has cut her stamp inventory significantly ... catering more to the scrapbook crowd. I know she is having a good sale Friday and Saturday though ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

In Grand Forks Perfect Pages Plus and Scrapbooking 4 Fun are both great little scrapbook stores. They are both just off of Columbia - let me know if you need more details.

Have fun shopping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I'm in East Grand Forks and our Ben Franklin is having a sale too. Everything in the store is 25% off. They say they are moving but the Herald had a story about them filing bankruptcy.

When I was in Michaels the other day they had a lot of things for the holidays.

Have fun shopping this is our second tour here and I must say Grand Forks has improved greatly since the great flood.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, I'm so sad to hear Ben Franklin in Fargo's going out of business! I grew up in Fargo & worked at that store in high school/college.

Near the mall in Fargo you are limited to Michaels, JoAnns or Hobby Lobby, boo hiss!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

I dont even know what Hobby Lobby is! We dont have that in Canada, or at least not in Winnipeg.

I am excited for shopping in the states - espeically for craft stuff. I will find out where we are staying then review these posts again to see what is nearby.

Thanks everyone!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Hobby Lobby is kind of a misnomer. They DO have craft stuff, for sure, but they are so much bigger than that. They're really more of a home interiors store ... the coolest pillows, lamps, home decor ... but you gotta hit a good sale because full price, they are spendy. They do have awesome Christmas stuff too. The store is HUGE. It's just east of Michaels (corner of 45th Street and 13th Avenue). You'll love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm from Crookston, MN...35-40 minutes east of Grand Forks/East Grand Forks. Shopping in GF has improved SO much!!!

Anyway, if you have computer access Sunday morning, you may want to check out the Michaels ad and the Target ad online to see if there are any bargains. Also, buying a copy of the GrandForks Herald Sunday paper may produce a Michael's 40 or 50% off coupon...Disclaimer...I haven't bought the paper for awhile so I'm not sure if they have that in their ad anymore.

Ben Franklin Crafts in East Grand Forks also often has an online coupon. http://www.benfranklincraftsegf.com/ Click on the Online coupon link! It's 40% off any one item right now!

Have fun shopping in ND!!!

Lisa
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life." John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 06:32 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

If any one is a cross stitcher, Fargo has the most awesome needlework store, called Nordic Needle. (My cross stitch projects have hardly seen daylight since I started stamping - too sad.) They have a lovely catalog, and I am sure they are online. The downer for you on a bus - it is probably a mile or so from West Acres, east of I-29. DH would allow me a "rest stop" bit of shopping when we used to go to Mayville to see my mother. Since her death, we don't make that trip any more.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes