In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #81
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 73
Default

I think punches will be like the Dodo Bird. In order to keep up with the dies, they are getting larger, heavier and are definitely limited in what kind of materials they will punch.
Storage for punches is one very big headache. The cost of shipping them if you buy on line is prohibitive. Those that are delicate do not seem to always do a good job. Martha Stewart seems to have the best ones.
PC49 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #82
Die Cut Diva
 
cat_woman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally0306 View Post
Has anyone heard of a Zing Cutter? I just heard of it, about $400, not compatible with my Mac.
This is the machine I'm saving for. As far as I can see, it is the best one for my needs. I have a CraftRobo that is still going strong, but I look at it like buying cars - you don't wait until it falls apart before you buy a new better model. As for it being compatible with a Mac, you could run a virtual pc (VM Ware or similar software for Mac) and install the windows platform and run it that way.
cat_woman is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #83
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC49 View Post
I think punches will be like the Dodo Bird. In order to keep up with the dies, they are getting larger, heavier and are definitely limited in what kind of materials they will punch.
Storage for punches is one very big headache. The cost of shipping them if you buy on line is prohibitive. Those that are delicate do not seem to always do a good job. Martha Stewart seems to have the best ones.
I love EK Success Border punches!! They also make SU and MS punches.
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #84
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
somehow for me it is like children the more you have the more you love them and I wouldn't give them away even though sometimes they do things I just wish they wouldn't do.
LOL

Angie1974 asked:
Quote:
I am wondering however, if you know how, when using Spellbinders dies, to die cut AND emboss.
It's supposed to be exactly the same way you do it in the other machines. I don't have any spellbinders and haven't used other machines so I don't know. You do need the tan spellbinder's embossing mat though, is my understanding.
Scrapninny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #85
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC49 View Post
I think punches will be like the Dodo Bird. In order to keep up with the dies, they are getting larger, heavier and are definitely limited in what kind of materials they will punch.
Storage for punches is one very big headache. The cost of shipping them if you buy on line is prohibitive. Those that are delicate do not seem to always do a good job. Martha Stewart seems to have the best ones.
I agree!! I had a box under my bed full of punches. When Spellbinders came out with the longer edge dies in the Shapeablities Accent sets I started ditching punches and have not bought a new punch in more than a year. I make 5" x 7" cards and the short edge dies didn't work. I also thought the punch around the page sets would be so great to make any size I needed. Well, they will only cut a limited number of prescribed sizes

Dies will never become blunt, but in time the punch blades will become dull and stop cutting properly. Plus I have never found a die that will not cut Gina K's heavy card stock, but I have had numerous punches that will not cut it.
I kept a few of my basic shape SU punches, but little by little the decorative edge punches are being replaced with dies. .
__________________
"I have not failed . I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas A. Edison
Barbara Jay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #86
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I agree!! I had a box under my bed full of punches. When Spellbinders came out with the longer edge dies in the Shapeablities Accent sets I started ditching punches and have not bought a new punch in more than a year. I make 5" x 7" cards and the short edge dies didn't work. I also thought the punch around the page sets would be so great to make any size I needed. Well, they will only cut a limited number of prescribed sizes

Dies will never become blunt, but in time the punch blades will become dull and stop cutting properly. Plus I have never found a die that will not cut Gina K's heavy card stock, but I have had numerous punches that will not cut it.
I kept a few of my basic shape SU punches, but little by little the decorative edge punches are being replaced with dies. .
I do not have any Spellbinders that will do an edge YET. But I hope to remedy that soon. EK does have several punches that works great for a 5x7 card, I make them a lot. I also use an edged for square s of different sizes. I think it is easy to do. Punches are great, Spellbinders are great, ...they work well together. I try to use everything I have and enjoy them all.
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #87
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Annette,



I also have an Epic 6, and generally I like it. I am wondering however, if you know how, when using Spellbinders dies, to die cut AND emboss. I understand the die cutting part, and I can usually see a very faint impression of the embossing, but I must be missing something. I would like to get a much more pronounced look with the embossing that is supposed to be possible with the die (s). Any ideas or suggestions you have would be great.

.
As far as I know you can not cut AND emboss in one pass with manual dies and I have been using them for over 4 years
You cut first and then emboss .

First you cut the die . With a Cuttlebug it is from the bottom up A base-C plate -Die cut side up-CS-B plate and roll through.

Then you remove the C plate and set up this sandwich from the bottom up A base -B plate-Die with CS in it ridges up - Tan mat- 2-3 CS shims-B plate and roll through .
Hope this helps
__________________
"I have not failed . I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas A. Edison
Barbara Jay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #88
Die Cut Diva
 
cat_woman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,495
Default

There was a thread sometime back (over a year I think) that gave the sandwich to cut & emboss at the same time with spellbinder dies. If you did a search for it in this forum you should find it.
cat_woman is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #89
Proud Fan Club Member
 
jasonw1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mentone, California
Posts: 8,377
Default

My first die cutter was the Epic...first the handle fell off and then the PLASTIC gear broke while I was running a die through...(It was repaired and I keep it as a back up only) I got a Big Shot for my birthday and fell in love with its wider cutting space and the plain heft of it. I use it almost every day and it recently quit cutting and embossing ...on just one side...(Yes! I did call the company, they thought the bearings needed replacig). I felt I got a good deal the first time ($65.00 4 years ago) and had really gotten my money's worth so I purchased another one (Walmart on line had a great deal, I think it was $58.00 and it was shipped to my store so no shipping). 2 years ago for Christmas my husband got me a Cricut and I expanded its use by getting a program called Sure Cuts Alot that allows me to down load free SVG's from the Internet and use the cricut with my computer. I have some REALLY beautiful cuts that I have received for free). The new cricut is not compatable with the program. That being said, I find I only use my Cricut occasionally because I really like the more finished edge of the dies. It comes in handy when you have to make something that you don't have a die for (as I did a few months ago when I had to make a baby card so I found a carriage on one of my cartridges). My friend makes the most beautiful banners using both Cricut and dies. I think both electronic devices to die cut and the different by hand die cutting machines have a place in our craft rooms. I am doomed to using my Big Shot forever though because I am addicted to all the beautiful dies (especially Memory Box, Cheery Lynn and Spellbinder). My friend has a Jaguar and she is constantly frustrated with its performance and wishes she had purchased a different electronic one. I think they all come with their own form of frustration...Everyone I know who purchased an electronic cutter thinking they would never buy dies again...failed....

There is a LOT of good information in this thread....good luck!

Here are a couple cards I made using some SCAL cuts on my Cricut

The first uses Scal along with Spellbinder and edgepunch
Framed Inchies Thank You card by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This has mostly things from SCAL:
Thank you card by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This last one the flower and the label was from free SVG's but I think you can really see the rough edges on them!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=247615
__________________
Joyful Stamper
Peggy


"She who lives with the most JOY wins!"

Last edited by jasonw1; 09-07-2012 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: forgot to add link
jasonw1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #90
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,907
Default

JoyfulStamper- I think your cards are beautiful.

You mentioned Jaguar & I was thinking of the car, lol.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #91
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharnish View Post
Do others think the punch might eventually go the way of the Dodo Bird?
NO WAY! My punches are not Dodo birds! ! I will giggle every single time I look at my punches now. My punches have officially become DoDo birds. I love punches. I think there is a definite type of consumer for punches. I know most hard core Kawaii girls prefer punches over die cuts and e-cutting machines. Mixed media artists love their punches. I think a few SU demo's fainted thinking their precious punches are DoDo birds. Nail artists love their punches especially our little tiny ones. We make nail decals with them.

I do agree punches are heavy to ship, hard to store & really expensive too. Some punches are horribly made. I can say I never had a die break on me but I have sent several punches to extinction (DoDo birds )

If I look at the way I cut it's in this order- Fussy, Punches, E-cutting & Manual cutters.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #92
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw1 View Post
My first die cutter was the Epic...first the handle fell off and then the PLASTIC gear broke while I was running a die through...(It was repaired and I keep it as a back up only) I got a Big Shot for my birthday and fell in love with its wider cutting space and the plain heft of it. I use it almost every day and it recently quit cutting and embossing ...on just one side...(Yes! I did call the company, they thought the bearings needed replacig). I felt I got a good deal the first time ($65.00 4 years ago) and had really gotten my money's worth so I purchased another one (Walmart on line had a great deal, I think it was $58.00 and it was shipped to my store so no shipping). 2 years ago for Christmas my husband got me a Cricut and I expanded its use by getting a program called Sure Cuts Alot that allows me to down load free SVG's from the Internet and use the cricut with my computer. I have some REALLY beautiful cuts that I have received for free). The new cricut is not compatable with the program. That being said, I find I only use my Cricut occasionally because I really like the more finished edge of the dies. It comes in handy when you have to make something that you don't have a die for (as I did a few months ago when I had to make a baby card so I found a carriage on one of my cartridges). My friend makes the most beautiful banners using both Cricut and dies. I think both electronic devices to die cut and the different by hand die cutting machines have a place in our craft rooms. I am doomed to using my Big Shot forever though because I am addicted to all the beautiful dies (especially Memory Box, Cheery Lynn and Spellbinder). My friend has a Jaguar and she is constantly frustrated with its performance and wishes she had purchased a different electronic one. I think they all come with their own form of frustration...Everyone I know who purchased an electronic cutter thinking they would never buy dies again...failed....

There is a LOT of good information in this thread....good luck!

Here are a couple cards I made using some SCAL cuts on my Cricut

The first uses Scal along with Spellbinder and edgepunch
Framed Inchies Thank You card by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This has mostly things from SCAL:
Thank you card by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This last one the flower and the label was from free SVG's but I think you can really see the rough edges on them!
Thank you card by jasonw1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thank you for sharing your links. Beautiful! I am learning how to post pics here but I think I didn't do something right and they got deleted?? But I do finally have a blog going and need some people to make it look active haha so if you have a minute look at my blog below and you will see a few things I have made. I use my punches in almost everything I make(cards).
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #93
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
JoyfulStamper- I think your cards are beautiful.

You mentioned Jaguar & I was thinking of the car, lol.
ROFL I did the same thing!! They say great minds think alike!
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #94
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
NO WAY! My punches are not Dodo birds! ! I will giggle every single time I look at my punches now. My punches have officially become DoDo birds. I love punches. I think there is a definite type of consumer for punches. I know most hard core Kawaii girls prefer punches over die cuts and e-cutting machines. Mixed media artists love their punches. I think a few SU demo's fainted thinking their precious punches are DoDo birds. Nail artists love their punches especially our little tiny ones. We make nail decals with them.

I do agree punches are heavy to ship, hard to store & really expensive too. Some punches are horribly made. I can say I never had a die break on me but I have sent several punches to extinction (DoDo birds )

If I look at the way I cut it's in this order- Fussy, Punches, E-cutting & Manual cutters.
My punches are like a security blanket for me. I see them and I get a happy feeling inside ...like when your child is really good and have done something your really proud of.... I really love all my tools. Whenever I think about reducing collection, I can't bring myself to part with them . I think there are enough of use that love our punches and love our dies that the industry is still making enough money from us to not cancel anything out.
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #95
Cardstock Collector
 
sally0306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 3
Default

Does anyone have an e-Bosser by Craftwell USA? I think I have to have it as I was watching videos of everything it does........only thing it doesn't do is make lunch!!
__________________
Stay Cool!
Sally
sally0306 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #96
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally0306 View Post
Does anyone have an e-Bosser by Craftwell USA? I think I have to have it as I was watching videos of everything it does........only thing it doesn't do is make lunch!!
I don't but I would like to have it. It does look like a good machine.
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #97
Gabfest Goddess
 
Kduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,211
Default

I go in fits and spurts on the electronic cutter (cricut) and using my dies, the good thing about dies is immediacy especially if your CB sits on your worktop, the cricut sits on my work top as well but I have to plug it in, find the cartridge put a piece of paper on the sticky mat, cut and clean up.... but saying that if you want multi cuts of the same thing the electronic cutter is brilliant, different things for different jobs I guess. I love them both.
Kduff is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #98
Proud Fan Club Member
 
Margscardcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Queensland Australia
Posts: 2,556
Default

This is an interesting discussion, I have always thought about getting an electronic cutting machine and infact when the Cricket first came out I really lusted after it but time and money stopped me from buying any. Now many years later I have gone off the whole idea and really don't think I would use one that much. I'm stricktly a cards only crafter, I have about 200 embossing folders of all kinds and varieties and about 50 dies including the obligatory nesties. I have them stored in big square cases for CD's, they are all catalogued and easy to get to. I have a Cuttle Bug and a Big Shot but will have to admit I haven't used the Cuttle Bug for a long time. Big Shot is the shot for me. The dies I have are Spellbinders, Cherry Lyn and Memory Box. I have never lost a single die to tearing although some of the Cherry Lyn designes do take a little patients getting them off the die but it's worth it.
Cheers
Margscardcrazy is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #99
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margscardcrazy View Post
The dies I have are Spellbinders, Cherry Lyn and Memory Box. I have never lost a single die to tearing although some of the Cherry Lyn designes do take a little patients getting them off the die but it's worth it.
Cheers
I was thinking about what you wrote. I never had a manual die cut tear on me either. I just realized that when you wrote it in your post. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally ripped something off one of my e-cutter mats. I am soooo careful. I am an long time pro at it too. Now, that I thought about this I will probably rip a manual die cut, lol.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #100
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 944
Default the future of die cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margscardcrazy View Post
This is an interesting discussion, I have always thought about getting an electronic cutting machine and infact when the Cricket first came out I really lusted after it but time and money stopped me from buying any. Now many years later I have gone off the whole idea and really don't think I would use one that much. I'm stricktly a cards only crafter, I have about 200 embossing folders of all kinds and varieties and about 50 dies including the obligatory nesties. I have them stored in big square cases for CD's, they are all catalogued and easy to get to. I have a Cuttle Bug and a Big Shot but will have to admit I haven't used the Cuttle Bug for a long time. Big Shot is the shot for me. The dies I have are Spellbinders, Cherry Lyn and Memory Box. I have never lost a single die to tearing although some of the Cherry Lyn designes do take a little patients getting them off the die but it's worth it.
Cheers
In case you may have missed this on another post of cheery lynn die cuts, I will give you the following, tip that was given to me by the owner of the company. When you run your die through the bug or whatever, give it a quarter turn and run through again. If you still have some "little spot" that is not cutting through use a little shim of paper but only on that little spot. He claims many people over shim, by putting a shim over the whole piece instead of only the spot that is giving you trouble. Works like a charm in my old cb every time. Hope this helps.
canada goose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #101
Inking Addict
 
pink-princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 97
Default

I have to say I am a huge stamp fan, love creating things hands on and doesn't get the digi world even though I respect what others do with it and how it works for them.

I was tempted with a cricut but couldn't justify the cost... I have a bigshot that I absoultely love and I have a number of dies and embossing folders... I always thought I was a manual cutter kinda girl...

BUT I saw what the cameo did and I was forever buying alphabets for scrapbooking I decided to take the plunge... yes the initial cost is pricey... but I paid for mine by selling stuff around the house and old unwanted craft stuff.

The idea of selling stuff to pay for something inspired me to get off my backside and sell the stuff I no longer wanted.

I've had my cameo for a good 8 months now and I have to say I haven't looked back... it's amazing what you can do with it and I'm still learning... I love the fact that you can take any shape you want and make it cut from 1 " to 12" at a fraction of the cost.

I love the fact that if I need to make a card and don't have anything to suit that person I can go buy something for .99c rather than maybe buy a stamp set that I really won't use again!

I think I would advise anyone thinking about it to watch a demo to see whether it is for you, I wouldn't be without mine now and I never would of thought I would say that about an electric cutter as I was quite anti them before.

I still use my bigshot and wouldn't part with that either and still love my inks and stamps and they all combine so well together.

Regards to SU cardstock I have to say I have never had an issue cutting their smooth cardstock, my blade is on 4, I set it to heavy cardstock and I never use double cut option... It's a shame to read some other people have had issues.
pink-princess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #102
Glitter Queen
 
kaegea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 20
Smile Future.... Alive and well!

So interesting to see everyone's thoughts. Thank-you all for such active information. AND GOOD info. The experience on this site is awesome! I am only a little over 2.5 years into this!

Like "margedownunder"...I am card-maker too. Have not done scrapbooking. My kids are better at scanning our stuff and doing the on line albums...so I am in the process of sending them our closet full of "stuff" that is mostly junk from before digital cameras were the thing! (80% of what we have needs to be chucked!) ...and I also am a fan of the crank-it-through the little machine method. Mostly b-cause that gives me the personal custom look I want. Did buy a cricut personal cutter almost 2 years ago but don't use it that much. The intricate lacey designs stick to the mat and I find it frustrating to lift them off in one piece! Started with a CB and just added a Bigshot this summer. Just discovered spellbinders and have QUICKLY added a bunch to my tool box!. Love both CB and BS for what I do....Marge--- would love to see pictures of your embossing storage system. I also have a healthy collection of embossing plates and the and die cut and spellbinder collection is not far behind. Currently use several Darice "notebooks" for the embossing plates, but have yet to find a satisfactory way to handle the dies. My sister just got started in this craft and I think I got her hooked big time this weekend at a scrap and craft all day event. Esp the embossing...... It will be great to be able to "share" our stuff...!

And am patting myself on the back for dragging her into this ... think today I'll make her a card to welcome her to the addiction!
kg
kaegea is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 AM   #103
Gabfest Goddess
 
NancyK.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 7,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaegea View Post
So interesting to see everyone's thoughts. Thank-you all for such active information. AND GOOD info. The experience on this site is awesome! I am only a little over 2.5 years into this!

Like "margedownunder"...I am card-maker too. Have not done scrapbooking. My kids are better at scanning our stuff and doing the on line albums...so I am in the process of sending them our closet full of "stuff" that is mostly junk from before digital cameras were the thing! (80% of what we have needs to be chucked!) ...and I also am a fan of the crank-it-through the little machine method. Mostly b-cause that gives me the personal custom look I want. Did buy a cricut personal cutter almost 2 years ago but don't use it that much. The intricate lacey designs stick to the mat and I find it frustrating to lift them off in one piece! Started with a CB and just added a Bigshot this summer. Just discovered spellbinders and have QUICKLY added a bunch to my tool box!. Love both CB and BS for what I do....Marge--- would love to see pictures of your embossing storage system. I also have a healthy collection of embossing plates and the and die cut and spellbinder collection is not far behind. Currently use several Darice "notebooks" for the embossing plates, but have yet to find a satisfactory way to handle the dies. My sister just got started in this craft and I think I got her hooked big time this weekend at a scrap and craft all day event. Esp the embossing...... It will be great to be able to "share" our stuff...!

And am patting myself on the back for dragging her into this ... think today I'll make her a card to welcome her to the addiction!
kg
kg - I struggled with how to store my expanding inventory of thin metal dies - here is my latest solution:

Seaside Creativity Blog Archive storage solution
__________________

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
NancyK. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #104
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink-princess View Post
I have to say I am a huge stamp fan, love creating things hands on and doesn't get the digi world even though I respect what others do with it and how it works for them.

I was tempted with a cricut but couldn't justify the cost... I have a bigshot that I absoultely love and I have a number of dies and embossing folders... I always thought I was a manual cutter kinda girl...

BUT I saw what the cameo did and I was forever buying alphabets for scrapbooking I decided to take the plunge... yes the initial cost is pricey... but I paid for mine by selling stuff around the house and old unwanted craft stuff.

The idea of selling stuff to pay for something inspired me to get off my backside and sell the stuff I no longer wanted.

I've had my cameo for a good 8 months now and I have to say I haven't looked back... it's amazing what you can do with it and I'm still learning... I love the fact that you can take any shape you want and make it cut from 1 " to 12" at a fraction of the cost.

I love the fact that if I need to make a card and don't have anything to suit that person I can go buy something for .99c rather than maybe buy a stamp set that I really won't use again!

I think I would advise anyone thinking about it to watch a demo to see whether it is for you, I wouldn't be without mine now and I never would of thought I would say that about an electric cutter as I was quite anti them before.

I still use my bigshot and wouldn't part with that either and still love my inks and stamps and they all combine so well together.

Regards to SU cardstock I have to say I have never had an issue cutting their smooth cardstock, my blade is on 4, I set it to heavy cardstock and I never use double cut option... It's a shame to read some other people have had issues.
When I read your post, in some ways I thought maybe I wrote it. I am like that too but I was scared to take the leap investing that kind of money not knowing if I would actually use it or not, :/ So I bought a used Cricut from ebay(seller feedback has a high number with 100% feedback so I'm hoping for the best) it will hopefully come in tomorrow. And if all goes good, I will make my investment.
I was hoping you can give me an honest answer(nobody really answered this question) based only on your personal use experience, not favoritism influence by others. I was wondering why some would say BS is better and say things against CB?? When I bought my CB I felt they were basically the same thing, except CB was more suitable for someone with less space available(boy do I ever)! I really love and enjoy my CB a lot!! Cuts and embosses everything I have tried. So since you have both and you don't seam prejudice, what do you say, Are they basically the same , or is there something better about the BS? I do not have a BS ( I wanted it though because of the Pink lol).
I will also do the scavenger hunt around the hunt so I can sell and buy stuff I want. WHoo! This stuff get's expensive!!
Thank you,
Paige
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #105
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaegea View Post
So interesting to see everyone's thoughts. Thank-you all for such active information. AND GOOD info. The experience on this site is awesome! I am only a little over 2.5 years into this!

Like "margedownunder"...I am card-maker too. Have not done scrapbooking. My kids are better at scanning our stuff and doing the on line albums...so I am in the process of sending them our closet full of "stuff" that is mostly junk from before digital cameras were the thing! (80% of what we have needs to be chucked!) ...and I also am a fan of the crank-it-through the little machine method. Mostly b-cause that gives me the personal custom look I want. Did buy a cricut personal cutter almost 2 years ago but don't use it that much. The intricate lacey designs stick to the mat and I find it frustrating to lift them off in one piece! Started with a CB and just added a Bigshot this summer. Just discovered spellbinders and have QUICKLY added a bunch to my tool box!. Love both CB and BS for what I do....Marge--- would love to see pictures of your embossing storage system. I also have a healthy collection of embossing plates and the and die cut and spellbinder collection is not far behind. Currently use several Darice "notebooks" for the embossing plates, but have yet to find a satisfactory way to handle the dies. My sister just got started in this craft and I think I got her hooked big time this weekend at a scrap and craft all day event. Esp the embossing...... It will be great to be able to "share" our stuff...!

And am patting myself on the back for dragging her into this ... think today I'll make her a card to welcome her to the addiction!
kg
You make also have some input on question I asked to pink-princess, just before your post?? Good job with your sister! haha Have fun! I have nothing around me where they do anything like that event you were talking about and the closest SBS is about 2 hours away , except for the chain stores.
Paige
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #106
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
I do not have a BS ( I wanted it though because of the Pink lol).
Paige
Paige- You crack me up. ! I think you & I have a thing for pink, lol.

I have a pink BS, lol. It has these pretty little rhinestones on the handle. It's so cute and Kawaii. I have a Cuttlebug too. I use my CB more. I have the plates memorized. I drag my CB everywhere. There is not really a big difference in machines. Oh, there is a pink Cuttlebug, lol. It's the old version. Trust me I almost bought it. I was looking at my Cameo tonight thinking how I could make it pink. My DH is making me another blade holder for the Cameo because I can't stand the blade holder that comes with it. He gave me a prototype tonight to work with until he can finesse my new one. He put regular tape on the blade holder so it won't slip. I was like "This is ugly! Needs Deco Tape." I am thinking Kuromi tape.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #107
Mad Swapper
 
shazsilverwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Worcestershire, England
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
When I read your post, in some ways I thought maybe I wrote it. I am like that too but I was scared to take the leap investing that kind of money not knowing if I would actually use it or not, :/ So I bought a used Cricut from ebay(seller feedback has a high number with 100% feedback so I'm hoping for the best) it will hopefully come in tomorrow. And if all goes good, I will make my investment.
I was hoping you can give me an honest answer(nobody really answered this question) based only on your personal use experience, not favoritism influence by others. I was wondering why some would say BS is better and say things against CB?? When I bought my CB I felt they were basically the same thing, except CB was more suitable for someone with less space available(boy do I ever)! I really love and enjoy my CB a lot!! Cuts and embosses everything I have tried. So since you have both and you don't seam prejudice, what do you say, Are they basically the same , or is there something better about the BS? I do not have a BS ( I wanted it though because of the Pink lol).
I will also do the scavenger hunt around the hunt so I can sell and buy stuff I want. WHoo! This stuff get's expensive!!
Thank you,
Paige
As I haven't posted anywhere in this conversation, I suppose you could say this is an unbiased answer.
I have a CB, had it for about 3 years, and use it loads. Like you say, it has a very small footprint, its light, so if you are short on space, or have to put it away & get it out when you need it, its ideal. It cuts/embosses perfectly, and never fails me.
Having said that, I was getting a little fed up with seeing loads of dies etc that were too big for my 'bug. Or I wanted to emboss a slightly larger piece of card than would fit through the 'bug. So I looked at what was out there, and came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a 'one-off purchase', a cutter that would not be superseded by a bigger one almost before I got it out of the box!( Over the years I have bought a Quickutz Squeeze, an Original Red Sizzix, my 'Bug).
In the end, I went with the Big Shot Pro,because it would take up to 12x12 card/paper, and every die out there.
Its only 'downside', if you like, is its size- its huge and very heavy, so you need somewhere to set it up and leave it out. But as long as you have room, and I'm lucky enough to have my own room for crafting, then I think its unbeatable. No-one is ever going to come up with dies larger than it can take, you can cut/emboss multiple dies/folders, as long as they are all the same type.
I also have a Silhouette, which I got when they first came out, so its a few years old now. Again, I wanted to not have to buy Alphabets/shapes in one size only. And to be honest, it cost me then roughly the same price as a single Alpha set for the Original Sizzix, so to me it was a bargain.
So I still love & use my 'bug- if I only want to cut/emboss something 'bug sized, lol. I don't think one machine is better than the other, just that the bigger the machine, the more options you have, is all.
__________________
silverwolfcards blog
My gallery
shazsilverwolf is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #108
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Paige- You crack me up. ! I think you & I have a thing for pink, lol.

I have a pink BS, lol. It has these pretty little rhinestones on the handle. It's so cute and Kawaii. I have a Cuttlebug too. I use my CB more. I have the plates memorized. I drag my CB everywhere. There is not really a big difference in machines. Oh, there is a pink Cuttlebug, lol. It's the old version. Trust me I almost bought it. I was looking at my Cameo tonight thinking how I could make it pink. My DH is making me another blade holder for the Cameo because I can't stand the blade holder that comes with it. He gave me a prototype tonight to work with until he can finesse my new one. He put regular tape on the blade holder so it won't slip. I was like "This is ugly! Needs Deco Tape." I am thinking Kuromi tape.
lol Yes Why it that!!? lol I am drawn to Pink and bling! And that is a very comical thing because overall , I am a simple person! I was laughing telling my friend one day, I need to seriously go shopping and update clothing and shoes, but whenever I have spending money, guess what I want to spend it on hee hee . When you were describing your BS I was so jealous!! haha Sounds like me!
Maybe I can transform my CB to a Pink Blossom one with some vinyl and I can be happy! Thank you for sharing about your two models and a good laugh .
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #109
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf View Post
As I haven't posted anywhere in this conversation, I suppose you could say this is an unbiased answer.
I have a CB, had it for about 3 years, and use it loads. Like you say, it has a very small footprint, its light, so if you are short on space, or have to put it away & get it out when you need it, its ideal. It cuts/embosses perfectly, and never fails me.
Having said that, I was getting a little fed up with seeing loads of dies etc that were too big for my 'bug. Or I wanted to emboss a slightly larger piece of card than would fit through the 'bug. So I looked at what was out there, and came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a 'one-off purchase', a cutter that would not be superseded by a bigger one almost before I got it out of the box!( Over the years I have bought a Quickutz Squeeze, an Original Red Sizzix, my 'Bug).
In the end, I went with the Big Shot Pro,because it would take up to 12x12 card/paper, and every die out there.
Its only 'downside', if you like, is its size- its huge and very heavy, so you need somewhere to set it up and leave it out. But as long as you have room, and I'm lucky enough to have my own room for crafting, then I think its unbeatable. No-one is ever going to come up with dies larger than it can take, you can cut/emboss multiple dies/folders, as long as they are all the same type.
I also have a Silhouette, which I got when they first came out, so its a few years old now. Again, I wanted to not have to buy Alphabets/shapes in one size only. And to be honest, it cost me then roughly the same price as a single Alpha set for the Original Sizzix, so to me it was a bargain.
So I still love & use my 'bug- if I only want to cut/emboss something 'bug sized, lol. I don't think one machine is better than the other, just that the bigger the machine, the more options you have, is all.
Thank you for the information. That is true about CB making the smaller plates, But, they did come out with the longer ones. As far as the width , it would be nice to have the option of fitting 12x12 paper. Sometimes when you are needing to whip up a quick Thank You card or something, it would be nice not to have to take the extra step having to trim down paper to size compatible with machine.
BUT I am extremely tight on space!! So I have to be happy with what I have. I used to have a room just for my sewing and crafts, but we sold that house and have less space and have to share space with husbands office area. Thank goodness my husband has a pretty good sense of humor, because sometimes I will "spread out" when he isn't there, so if he comes home before I get to hide evidence of being over in his space, he will lift the crank handle of my CB and say aw I've always wanted one of these! lol He just smiles while I quickly clean up .
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #110
Glitter Queen
 
Kim Harris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 15
Smile Die machines

I have been thinking about getting a machine too. Everyone here is talking about the Silhouette but is there others out there just as good and a little less money? I know you get what you pay for. LOL
__________________
Kim
Kim Harris is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast
 
sprtchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wait! Let me check my barcode.....
Posts: 11,875
Default

Silhouette Cameos arrived today....I am off to set mine up and play!
blessings.
__________________
Amber Shaw
clear envelopes now at:
www.chicandsavvycrafters.com
sprtchick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #112
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Harris View Post
I have been thinking about getting a machine too. Everyone here is talking about the Silhouette but is there others out there just as good and a little less money? I know you get what you pay for. LOL
Oh My Crafts - Delivering Possibilities They have an eClips on sale. I think Joann's and Michael's both have the Cricut Expression 2 on sale for $199 .
I am waiting for a used one I ordered from ebay to see how much I like it before I invest much and if I do, this will be a backup.
HTH
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #113
Rubber Obsessor
 
paigewithpanache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Heartland
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
Silhouette Cameos arrived today....I am off to set mine up and play!
blessings.
Yay!! Excited for you!! Have fun! I hope my machine comes in tomorrow too!
__________________
Paige
paigewithpanache is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #114
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 340
Default

On cutting and embossing, Barbara Jay said:
Quote:
Then you remove the C plate and set up this sandwich from the bottom up A base -B plate-Die with CS in it ridges up - Tan mat- 2-3 CS shims-B plate and roll through .
But... doesn't the die then cut through your tan mat??

Shazsilverwolf said:
Quote:
I was getting a little fed up with seeing loads of dies etc that were too big for my 'bug. Or I wanted to emboss a slightly larger piece of card than would fit through the 'bug. So I looked at what was out there, and came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a 'one-off purchase', a cutter that would not be superseded by a bigger one almost before I got it out of the box!( Over the years I have bought a Quickutz Squeeze, an Original Red Sizzix, my 'Bug).
In the end, I went with the Big Shot Pro,because it would take up to 12x12 card/paper, and every die out there.
I'm with you. Same reason why I got the Accucut GrandeMark.
Scrapninny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #115
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapninny View Post
On cutting and embossing, Barbara Jay said:


But... doesn't the die then cut through your tan mat??

Shazsilverwolf said:


I'm with you. Same reason why I got the Accucut GrandeMark.
Actually it doesn't. It has enough give that the blades sink in enough that the edge embosses, but the blade doesn't cut. Works great!
jeanne3579 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #116
Forum Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 9,616
Default

I think I can "ditto" BuggainOK. I tried using the digital images and couldn't even get through designing one card. . . it just didn't do it for me. That said, it's so nice we have all the options we do! All the more power to those who love it!
(I still have "just a phone" cellphone too, no surfing or texting here. . .) Love all the input here though, didn't even know about electronic cutters. . . I love my BS and all the dies and embossing folders that go with it. . .Keep them coming!!
Goodly Creations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #117
Inking Addict
 
pink-princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
When I read your post, in some ways I thought maybe I wrote it. I am like that too but I was scared to take the leap investing that kind of money not knowing if I would actually use it or not, :/ So I bought a used Cricut from ebay(seller feedback has a high number with 100% feedback so I'm hoping for the best) it will hopefully come in tomorrow. And if all goes good, I will make my investment.
I was hoping you can give me an honest answer(nobody really answered this question) based only on your personal use experience, not favoritism influence by others. I was wondering why some would say BS is better and say things against CB?? When I bought my CB I felt they were basically the same thing, except CB was more suitable for someone with less space available(boy do I ever)! I really love and enjoy my CB a lot!! Cuts and embosses everything I have tried. So since you have both and you don't seam prejudice, what do you say, Are they basically the same , or is there something better about the BS? I do not have a BS ( I wanted it though because of the Pink lol).
I will also do the scavenger hunt around the hunt so I can sell and buy stuff I want. WHoo! This stuff get's expensive!!
Thank you,
Paige
Hey Paige!

LOL funny when you read something on here that you feel exactly the same about... it's nice to be able to talk to someone who completely gets where you are coming from LOL!

I can give you a totally honest opinion on the CB and BS as I have owned both!

My own personal opinion is that I prefer the BS... I don't have loads of space so CB was good option for me and so I bought it when it first came out... thats where I started off and I was happy with it until I played with a BS, I used to work in a craft shop and used to demo the machines and it didn't take me long before I made the change!

I just feel the BS embosses better, I have embossed the same folder in both machine and the BS the embossing is more raised which I like.. I also feel that it is a sturdier machine. I found the CB used to move around when turning the handle even though there was the sucker bit on the bottom.. the BS it doesn't move.

The other thing that I used to point out with the two machines is that if you have kids the flaps on the CB could hurt a childs finger if they were messing with the machine.

Plus with the BS you can use the larger BigZ XL dies which I love!

Then of course it is pink with bling... that I have to admit helped!!

So that's my honest opinion.. if you don't care to emboss or use the larger dies then CB is fine...
pink-princess is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast
 
mamaxsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Syracuse, Indiana
Posts: 23,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
I sure hope not! I love punches. They are just so handy!!
There are some things still that a punch is better for IMHO: punching after stamping a sentiment to get it lined up just right (I know folks use adhesives to keep their dies in place, but it is so much simpler to just flip the punch over and line it up) and for multiples of things it is faster to hand punch rather than make several passes through with the machine (of course, I don't have anything electronic so that may not be as valid....perhaps you can set it up to cut several of the same on one pass), I also like the way I can alter things by re-punching or can save paper by only punching the half I need (also possible with die cutting, but not as simply).
They are a big pain for shipping though as they weigh a ton and of course the storage is an issue!
__________________
Gail
Winter Sketch Challenge Design Team Member,
CAS Challenge 2013 Summer Design Team Member

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
mamaxsix is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #119
Glitter Queen
 
kaegea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 20
Default

I love it all..and use it all...Have box...oh good grief...a big box of punches! Got CB as a gift a few years ago ...LOVE-LOVE it... and just added a bigshot. No mistake... a CB is WONDERFUL...light and easy to haul around and love that it is compact and folds up. The BS DOES need more space but is a more solid and stable tool. The big thick dies work so well in the BS, and although there are videos saying they will work in the CB...there is the risk of it breaking. I have one of the older electronic cricuts...but am not using it as much as I should. Still have a learning curve to conquer which in fact that is not getting shorter because the other die cut methods are so easy to get my hands on and "do it" right when I want it "done."

An aside factor for me also: My family is scattered all over the states so it is nice to have extra pieces of equipment when sisters or daughters are visiting and we want to work on things as a family.. (I am vowing however; to learn to use the cricut better and effectively.) I saw the electronic cutters can also be used to emboss by turning the blade and holder upside down!! None of this stuff is going to be obsolete anytime soon..imho!
kaegea is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #120
Pearl-ExPert
 
Mindykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 2,707
Default

I started with a Revolution and it worked very well. Then I switched to the Epic because of the 12" platform, but my first one fell apart. The company replaced it and it's still working. Last year I got the newest Grand Calibur because it would do an entire 8.5"x11" sheet of cardstock without having to trim the edge of the paper to make it fit. It's not been my favorite machine, but it's still holding up.

A couple of years ago I sold nearly all of my Quickutz dies and kept just the alphabet sets. Still use them from time to time, but not enough to keep all the sets. I love the spellbinders nest-thingies and a few I got from AMUSE|Studio. But, I can't see my buying more than 2-3 dies over the foreseable future.
__________________
Crazy for Coloring Swap
Mindykid is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off