Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-30-2004, 12:38 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fundraising

Hello all-

I was looking for some help with fundraising ideas. A few of my customers would like to have a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. They were thinking of having a party with a few make-n-takes and were hoping to donate the hostess benefits from the orders to the charity, but Stampin' Up! informed me that they cannot accommodate the request. I will be donating my commission, but does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

Jill
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2004, 12:47 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

What about having a raffle, auction, or doorprize for a gift basket with the hostess benefits? You could put together a sample basket and make note that the winner gets to pick her own merchandise on whatever day the workshop closes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Are you looking for all fundraisers, or something involving stamping? Pizza Hut has a terrific fundraiser called Raise the Dough. It's easy and uncomplicated.

Hope that helps,
Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2004, 01:41 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

A raffle may work. I know that during SAB, SU let me raffle off the SAB sets to fundraise for my upcoming breast cancer walk. Ask them about that..

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

My Girl Scout service unit hosted a party once where my demo donated most of her commission to the cause. The other thing we did was we figured out how much hostess benefit we would have received. Someone decided (I can't remember how we did this exactly) they wanted the hostess set. Instead of getting it for free, they wrote a check for the amount the demo said it was worth. Same thing for the other hostess benefits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I've been part of a group that has a stamp camp for charity. We do not call it a Stampin' Up! party, but just a stamping event. We do not take SU orders at this camp.
We charge $15 for 4-5 make-and-takes, all of which goes straight to the charity (we do this for American Cancer Society too). So those of us demonstrating are donating our supplies, which we don't mind to do. We also hold a silent auction with whatever we can find to auction - old SU or any brand stamps and sets, stamping supplies, hand made card sets, etc. We make it as fun as we can with door prizes (I love door prizes) donated by anyone who want to donate and refreshments. We have raised over $600 more than once with about 25 or so guests. Our guests have found it fun and we love stamping for a cause. I think I have our flyer that I could attach to an email to you if you'd like to see it. Good luck. I hope your fund-raising is successful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 07:56 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

I was looking for something stamping related. These are great ideas- thank you for your input.

Jill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2004, 02:49 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Jill--

Our family is very heavily involved in our local Relay for Life, sponsored by the American Cancer Society. This winter, as a fundraiser for our team, I sponsored a Saturday afternoon crop that went over fairly well. We invited just about everyone we could think of, and used a social room at my husband's church that was free. (We're very into low-cost fundraising!) I did three demos, and included a make and take page. The crop was five hours long, and I charged $10 per person (this included snacks, table time, and the make and take). Then, I donated a percentage of my commission from the orders taken that day to our Relay team, and I offered to donate a smaller percentage of the commission from any workshops booked that day. No one booked a workshop, but the our team made about $125, so I was happy with that for the first time we tried it.

You could do the same thing with a card make and take if you're not into scrapbooking. I charged an admission fee primarily because I wanted to make sure that I would have SOMETHING to donate to our team as a result, even if no one placed an order. It just depends on how well you think the event would go over and how large of an order you think you can put together.

Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions! I'd be glad to help in any way I can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 06:04 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

I am so glad I posted this dilemma. These are great ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes