Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #321
Rubber Obsessor

This customer service response from Julie (one of the PTI owners) was posted on another board:

Someone has opened a customer service ticket because she is waiting for a refund from PTI. Julie has responded to her ticket by closing it as "solved" but the customer has not received the refund yet.

The customer asked why her ticket would be closed as "solved" when the issue is not solved.

Quote:
From Julie about my "solved" ticket:

--" I mark it solved. If I kept EVERYTHING in "Pending" status, I would never make any progress."

This is a direct quote from the email. It is not the whole email, but the explanation about why it has now been "solved" three times, but I have no resolution.
Wow! How about actually solving problems to make progress?

How on earth can anyone think this is an appropriate response to a customer??? This is just more proof that there is severe lacking of business sense with the PTI management.

This is just disturbing!

Ami
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #322
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been checking in on PTI just to see if things are any better. My first stop today was a blog where someone wrote that they keep closing her customer service ticket without resolving the issue.

She said that an email reply from one of the owners read in part, "I mark it solved. If I kept EVERYTHING in "Pending" status, I would never make any progress."

So now they are marking customer service concerns as "solved" even when there has been no resolution. This is not progress.

I've seen a few things I like from PTI in the last several months. But the boycott continues.

This is just unacceptable.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

What Julie should have said - I marked it solved, as your refund is being processed.

We appreciate your business - and I am sorry it took as ling as it did.

Thank you for being our customer.

I thank our customers ALL THE TIME. Customers want to know they are appreciated!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #324
Proud Fan Club Member

There was a little more information along the lines of the person at PTI printing out emails and then following up on them. Well, fine - but you can't expect customers to understand your private little "system" and marking it solved is no different than replying to the customer that you solved it when in fact you didn't.

Why would you not just create a "pending" folder for yourself within your email or label it in some way - and don't tell the customer that it's solved until it actually is?

The other tidbit shared was that it was a $3 refund and the owner had to wait for an email from the web developer before she could issue the refund. I guess I don't understand how this could even be. And the customer has been back and forth with them on this - a $3 refund?? Before a customer could become so frustrated as to want to blow off steam in a public forum, I'd be sending her $3 out of my pocket if I owned that company.

It's all beyond reason.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #325
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Before a customer could become so frustrated as to want to blow off steam in a public forum, I'd be sending her $3 out of my pocket if I owned that company.
"Waiting for the web developer" makes no sense to me whatsoever. Why would the web developer have anything to do with issuing a refund? You go to the website for your credit card processor, enter the information and BOOM! Refund. I could see where the web developer would have something to do with the interface between the online store and the credit card processor, but credits wouldn't be processed thru that interface.

However, Julie's theory on pending vs solved means that the utter disarray in my craft room is no longer a problem. I have it on a list that I plan to get it cleaned up and organized - someday -therefore it's actually already done. Awesome.

Edited to add: does anyone know of another company that makes a rolodex card die? I'd really like one (not to organize my craft supplies, I actually still use the old-fashioned rolodex for addresses and such) - but I'm just not comfortable ordering from a company that is so disdainful of their customers. I've done a google search, but all I can find are companies that used to make one and discontinued it.

Last edited by cbet; 06-21-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Old 06-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #326
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the 7 gypsies ATC punch....I'm sure it would work to create the same cut as the rolodex, you would just need to cut the card to the size you want.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 7gypsies 12497 ATC Punch
a•muse|studio consultant #1028 Inking with Brenda Lee Blog
1 Corinthians 13:7-8
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #327
Stazon Splitcoast

Seems to me that the owners of the company think their identity and income is directly related to new release culture. Seems odd as most companies I deal with have really scaled back on the new releases culture.

Even if they did have all these new, wonderful ideas to release the probably would garner more respect if they dedicated that much energy toward getting their customer service right.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #328
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
However, Julie's theory on pending vs solved means that the utter disarray in my craft room is no longer a problem. I have it on a list that I plan to get it cleaned up and organized - someday -therefore it's actually already done. Awesome.
That made me laugh! Let's see, I look around my house and OK! Stuff is done!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #329
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbet View Post
"

Edited to add: does anyone know of another company that makes a rolodex card die? I'd really like one (not to organize my craft supplies, I actually still use the old-fashioned rolodex for addresses and such) - but I'm just not comfortable ordering from a company that is so disdainful of their customers. I've done a google search, but all I can find are companies that used to make one and discontinued it.
You may already know this, but Rolodex makes a little punch that makes any business card have the rolodex shaped punches in the bottom to fit the rolodex. If you had one of those you could cut any cardstock, punch the bottom and bam - a rolodex card!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #330
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
This customer service response from Julie (one of the PTI owners) was posted on another board:

Someone has opened a customer service ticket because she is waiting for a refund from PTI. Julie has responded to her ticket by closing it as "solved" but the customer has not received the refund yet.

The customer asked why her ticket would be closed as "solved" when the issue is not solved.

Wow! How about actually solving problems to make progress?

How on earth can anyone think this is an appropriate response to a customer??? This is just more proof that there is severe lacking of business sense with the PTI management.

This is just disturbing!

Ami
The take home from that whole interaction is that there are two things that should be such red flags for a business owner and should cause them to have a real epiphany:
1. I have so many customer service problems that my electronic mailbox cannot hold them all - this means i need a RADICAL change in the way we do business because this is an emergency
2. It takes so long to actually take a customers problem and solve it to their satisfaction that I have to take things that aren't fixed and mark them resolved just to wade through the mess - if I don't change the way we handle the customer's problems in a shorter time frame, we are going to be out of business.

any other response is truly not seeing the forest for the trees
Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #331
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirlRD View Post
You may already know this, but Rolodex makes a little punch that makes any business card have the rolodex shaped punches in the bottom to fit the rolodex. If you had one of those you could cut any cardstock, punch the bottom and bam - a rolodex card!
I got mine at an office supply store. It looks like the attached thumbnail (couldn't find an actual link - sorry!)

Attached Thumbnails
rolodex-punch.jpg  

Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #332
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirlRD View Post

Yep - you can get one at Amazon - $7

Amazon.com: Rolodex One-Sheet Business Card 2-Hole Punch for 2.25 x 4 Inches Card Files, Plastic, Black (67699): Office Products

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Old 06-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just curious and looked up Papertrey on BBB's website. They were graded an "F"... doesn't that tell you something?!?!??!

PaperTrey Ink Review - Scrapbooking in Cincinnati, OH - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Southeastern Indiana
a•muse|studio consultant #1028 Inking with Brenda Lee Blog
1 Corinthians 13:7-8
Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #334
Insane Embellisher

I have one of those little Rolodex punches. I've only used it on business cards. It may not hold up to heavier cs as it's all plastic.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #335
Proud Fan Club Member

Although a grade of "F" does not surprise me, I have no confidence in the reliability of the Better Business Bureau.

Myths and Truth | The Truth About The BBB
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #336
Rubber Obsessor

wow guys, I think we are witnessing the implosion of the company. So sad that they won't acknowledge their problems and continue on as if nothing is amiss
Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #337
Matboard Maniac

It's really too bad that things seem to be going so negatively with PTI lately. They have great products, but apparently are just missing the boat when it comes to customer service. I've ordered from PTI and didn't have problems, but it was a while ago. I would hope that someone from PTI is following these forums - cause it seems to be a fairly consistent message being posted.

Personally... I don't order much from PTI simply because I'm bothered a bit about the fact that they NEVER offer "sales" - I think that's a mistake on their part but that's their option.

I just think it will be unfortunate if they can't turn things around.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #338
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandepuce View Post

Personally... I don't order much from PTI simply because I'm bothered a bit about the fact that they NEVER offer "sales" - I think that's a mistake on their part but that's their option.

I just think it will be unfortunate if they can't turn things around.
Well, in February they gave 5% off orders for one day only, which happened to be a monthly release night, which happened to be their 5 year anniversary after a week of crazy giveaways, which happened to be the week their new website went live...you can imagine how well that worked. Also, 5% is not much of a sale - I ordered, but it made me wonder if it'll be 10 years before they offer something like 10% off.

July 21 is the next closest thing to a sale - they give away the Natural Beauties stamp set with any $100 order for that day only. I do like that stamp set, and I have a long wish list (although it's shrinking the longer I wait!), but I still don't really want to shop with them (haven't since the Feb drama!).
Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #339
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozie4Him View Post
Well, I just read on Nichole's blog that Michelle Wooderson and Beth Silaika have also quit Papertrey!! Wow!
Just read today that Beth Slaika has joined Gina K.

Gina K. Designs- StampTV blog: Two introductions and the first sneak peek for June!

"I feel so blessed to have these two wonderful women join my amazing team of illustrators. They will each bring a new and unique style to the Gina K. Designs line. Beth will be joining us starting with our July release and today's first sneak peek is a set that Becky designed.

You will love the images and greetings that Becky has put together for her very first set with Gina K. Designs. Not only will this set help you create the right project when a couple is saying, "I do!", but the elements in this set can be used over and over again for all kinds of cards, scrapbook pages and 3-D projects!"
Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #340
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks to everyone who gave the suggestion of the Rolodex punch - I'm a total office supply geek and can't believe that I never thought to check the office supply stores for such a thing!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #341
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalah View Post
Well, in February they gave 5% off orders for one day only, which happened to be a monthly release night, which happened to be their 5 year anniversary after a week of crazy giveaways, which happened to be the week their new website went live...you can imagine how well that worked. Also, 5% is not much of a sale - I ordered, but it made me wonder if it'll be 10 years before they offer something like 10% off.
I didn't order at the time but I seem to remember this being another instance of them offering something and customers not being treated well when their system failed. It didn't work for a period of time. They added hours to the sale but many who had planned to shop during release were unable to take advantage of the sale at the extended time so they missed out completely and PTI would make no exceptions.

I can't remember if the extended time was the exact amount of time the 5% was unavailable during release or how that worked but I do remember thinking how bizarre it was how tightfisted they were about it.

As stated, 5% isn't much of a discount but would have gone a long way in goodwill had it worked in the first place or had they gone above and beyond to make it available to more customers once it did. Being open-handed with a small discount would have been far more profitable in the long run.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #342
Proud Fan Club Member

I am thrilled to see that Becky Oehlers is also now designing for Gina K Designs!! Some of you may remember that Becky was also a stamp designer for PTI for a short time. She's amazing. And now that Gina K offers clear stamps, I'll be very interested to see what these talented women do there.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #343
Rubber Obsessor

I find this quote from Becky's blog very telling:

Quote:
In the past year I tried to figure out what the next move would be for my stamp design. I considered many different options because I wanted to lend my skills to a caring and vibrant stamp community with a compassionate, encouraging leader. I found my place here.

Since she's been vocal about PTI, their issues and how they treat their customers, so there's no doubt in my mind that this is directed towards Nichole!

I also find this info from Rick (the PTI forum admin) very interesting. He posted it on the PTI Smack blog today.

Quote:
Rick Geymonat said...

Unfortunately the company that created the website didn't build that "feature" into the admin interface, along with a host of other "features". Because they are *****. Hence the move to the new system in July.

So PTI is getting ANOTHER website??? Geez, how many is this? Is the 10th time going to be a charm? Why is it so hard for PTI to purchase a decent website? I don't see this many/kind of issues with other online stores.

Ami

Last edited by mzza111; 06-22-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #344
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
I find this quote from Becky's blog very telling:

Since she's been vocal about PTI, their issues and how they treat their customers, so there's no doubt in my mind that this is directed towards Nichole!

I also find this info from Rick (the PTI forum admin) very interesting. He posted it on the PTI Smack blog today.

So PTI is getting ANOTHER website??? Geez, how many is this? Is the 10th time going to be a charm? Why is it so hard for PTI to purchase a decent website? I don't see this many/kind of issues with other online stores.

Ami
A good website is badly needed and would be a big improvement. But PTI has other business problems that can't be fixed with new technology (quality control, customer service, communication, etc.). Customers should not be treated like enemies and problems should be solved instead of covered up. I really do love their stamps, dies and paper and hope things can be turned around before it's too late.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #345
Glitter Guru

So happy for Becky and Beth! HOPE HOPE HOPING that Michelle Wooderson will start designing her own stamps with them, too!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #346
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter Gypsy View Post
A good website is badly needed and would be a big improvement. But PTI has other business problems that can't be fixed with new technology (quality control, customer service, communication, etc.). Customers should not be treated like enemies and problems should be solved instead of covered up. I really do love their stamps, dies and paper and hope things can be turned around before it's too late.
They could do worse than to interview some business majors for some co-op positions... Cincinnati has loads of top universities in the area and quite a few decent colleges as well.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #347
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
So happy for Becky and Beth! HOPE HOPE HOPING that Michelle Wooderson will start designing her own stamps with them, too!
I would love to see Michelle designing more stamps! Am I correct that Michelle came up with the concepts and Nichole did the drawing though?

Barbara
Old 06-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #348
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara32ca View Post
I would love to see Michelle designing more stamps! Am I correct that Michelle came up with the concepts and Nichole did the drawing though?

Barbara
Yes, BUT...when they released the new Strawberry Patch set, and Nichole showed Michelle's concept drawings on her blog, you could clearly see that Michelle was drawing it AND conceptualizing it all on her own without any help from Nichole necessary.

Michelle is so super talented, and she puts such a fun country/vintage fresh spin on her designs. I'd LOVE to see what she could do all on her own!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #349
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

I feel completely validated after reading 9 pages of reactions to PTI. I love their products and they are very reasonable prices. I have ordered a lot from them since I found out about them January 2011. I have tried to over look their technical problems so that I can continue to order from them but it is getting tough. I think that they have wonderful designers with lots of good ideas but the search system is so frustrating I have found other places for inspirations. I have a hard time understanding how they can create a wonderful product and have not hired someone that is top notch in technical detail. I can find my way around most creative websites (and believe me I spend lots of time perfecting that) but I have given up on using their website. I have so many suggestions that would make them work better but they haven't asked
I was interested to read someone's comment about Nicole I have seen her responses to people and thought they were "snarky" as well. It doesn't matter if it is Nicole or another person there and we all have our snark days but it leaves an overall feeling about the company.
Searching their website is frustrating and very limited. I have said my piece about the technical problems and hope they can fix them.
I think they have hired someone for customer service because my last contact with them was good and my last order came very quickly and as far as shipping timely I have never had a problem with that.
The last order was frustrating to lots of us. I, along with others, had put stuff in our cart so when the release hour came we would have a start then add the new releases. Several of us had our carts dumped by mistake several times. When I finally got my order in I forgot something and suggested they ship it free since it was their glitch. Nope.
Rambling but feel so good to be able to say this to someone who has had the similar experiences.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #350
Matboard Maniac

Just curious--this thread does not show up when I go to General Stamping. I found it by doing a search. Odd since there are posts from today. I looked through several pages just to see if it was lost, but it's not there. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #351
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperManipulator View Post
Just curious--this thread does not show up when I go to General Stamping. I found it by doing a search. Odd since there are posts from today. I looked through several pages just to see if it was lost, but it's not there. Anyone else have this happen?
I've not had it happen with this thread but with other ones. I thought it was my computer being weird.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #352
Pearl-ExPert

I think that might be a glitch. I can see it in General Stamping Talk. I notice SCS is running a little slow. I just redid my computer earlier. I always redo my software every few months. My computer is running fast but SCS is running a bit slow. Could be server glitches due to the heat wave.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 06-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #353
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I see it as the sixth thread from the top. Can you go back to general stamping, hit your F5 key (if you're on a PC) and that should refresh the view. Let me know if that fixes it for you - or if it doesn't.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 06-25-2012, 04:19 AM   #354
SCS Swap Moderator

It was probably hidden in that black hole that occurs between page 1 and 2 if you have the member company threads turned on.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #355

Well last week we actually had a server that was caching a version of the site from several weeks ago, so I need to find out if that's happening again.

Love Splitcoast?

Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #356

Just talked to our devs - we have the same two servers stuck in a time warp and that's what is causing the problem. They are off to hit them with a hammer.

Sorry for the threadjack. Back to business

Love Splitcoast?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #357
Matboard Maniac

Thanks everyone! The thread is showing up today, and I haven't done anything. DeeAnn, you said you "redo" your computer software every few months. What exactly do you do? Mine is running very slow, so it needs something! Yes, Lorien, I've sometimes wondered about the page 1/page 2 continuity. So, it's a black hole!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #358
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL - love it... time warp!

thanks Lydia ~ and I thought there just wasn't much chatting going on these days .
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #359
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperManipulator View Post
Thanks everyone! The thread is showing up today, and I haven't done anything. DeeAnn, you said you "redo" your computer software every few months. What exactly do you do? Mine is running very slow, so it needs something! Yes, Lorien, I've sometimes wondered about the page 1/page 2 continuity. So, it's a black hole!
I make Ghost copies of my software. For example I have a Ghost copy of my activated windows. I always put a fresh copy of Windows on my computer instead of the OEM copy that comes with the computer with all those outdated and bloated software packages. I then have Ghosts for software applications that are not updated any more and my drivers. Then I make a Ghost of all my software that is updated. Every couple of months I redo that Ghost and make a new one with new updated software. I do update my software all the time. Every time you update it does cause your system to get sluggish and your memory starts caching sloppily. It only takes me a couple of hours to redo the software and make a new Ghost copy. I like my software to be clean and not have updates put on top of one another. I am finicky about my computer. I am computer geek. My computer is treated like gold. Back to PTI, lol. I hope that helps.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #360
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I make Ghost copies of my software. For example I have a Ghost copy of my activated windows. I always put a fresh copy of Windows on my computer instead of the OEM copy that comes with the computer with all those outdated and bloated software packages. I then have Ghosts for software applications that are not updated any more and my drivers. Then I make a Ghost of all my software that is updated. Every couple of months I redo that Ghost and make a new one with new updated software. I do update my software all the time. Every time you update it does cause your system to get sluggish and your memory starts caching sloppily. It only takes me a couple of hours to redo the software and make a new Ghost copy. I like my software to be clean and not have updates put on top of one another. I am finicky about my computer. I am computer geek. My computer is treated like gold. Back to PTI, lol. I hope that helps.
Wow, I think PTI needs to hire you!