Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #281
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post

I think it was smart to bring in the design team for a little forum intervention. Truth is, you hardly ever heard from the design team before except for new release time. Back then, many of them rarely updated their blogs, which doesn't do much for building interest.

I respectfully disagree with you on this. I perceive their whole purpose to be nothing more than to distract the forum from the real issues and the malcontentedness.

And maybe I'd even be able to respect that if their posts weren't so inane and transparent.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #282
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2talk View Post
I respectfully disagree with you on this. I perceive their whole purpose to be nothing more than to distract the forum from the real issues and the malcontentedness.

And maybe I'd even be able to respect that if their posts weren't so inane and transparent.
I can see your point as well. They are trying to provide the "sunshine" to counteract the overall gloominess, and in many ways, it is distraction. My point is that they are actually doing a little more design team work by promoting their company in a more regular fashion, something that seemed to be reserved for a once a month appearance in the past.

The truth is that on the week when Jenn disappeared and then officially stepped down, they seemed to step up to the plate and get a little more accomplished with a little less snark. I, for one, was helped by them at a time when pleas seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I think the rah rah cheerleader posts have calmed down a bit in recent days, and they're posting more "conversation starters", which is fine. It's their job to build excitement for the company, and they should do that rather than remain silent for three weeks and then pop up only during release week.

Just speaking for the role of a design team member, not the role of a customer service department, which I think are two separate entities all together.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #283
Matboard Maniac

Default Any complaint post

is quickly locked and told to go to the customer service zen center. Once the post is locked it quickly drops off of the bottom of the forum page and is only visible if searched for. Every new "sunshine" post by the design team gets those posts hidden even faster.
I have seen a couple, before they drop off, where people are stating they are waiting days or weeks for answers even with the new customer service forum.
I was hoping foolishly, once again, that things really were changing but I am afraid they really aren't.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #284
Rubber Obsessor

I would have to agree that the statement that when you look for the bad you will find it. But ascribing this attitude to those that express their very real experiences with PTI is not right in this instance.

I have read the forums here, and others, and have seen MANY customers who have/had problems with the attitude that they wanted for PTI to make positive changes in the way that they deal with their customers because they LIKED PTI and their products. They were HOPEFUL that PTI would change for the BETTER. That is the opposite of "looking" for the bad.

Customers that have had been the recipients of poor customer service have the right to be wary of how PTI will treat them in the future IF they decide to order from them again. Many customers have given them many chances to treat the customers with respect and as they are supposed to. This is also not an example of "looking" for the bad. Again, they hope for the best.

Crafting supplies are not a "need" or something that you have to purhase to live, they are discretionary purchases at the will of the purchaser. PTI doesn't seem to understand this as they treat their customers in a way that seems to say that they (PTI) are doing them a favor by letting them purchase their products. It has been documented on their own fourm (and with their own words) with the responses that they treat those that have problems with rudeness, suspicion, arrogance, annoyance, denial, dismissal, the customer is the problem, no admittance that they caused the problem, blame customer for problems/bad policies that they (PTI) themselves had made, making the customer prove that they have the right to have a problem resolved.

A company that has nothing to hide will not hide it's customers comments that have problems. A reputable company will not be afraid of these comments because it gives them a perfect opportunity to be open and transparent showing that they care about their customers above the "bottom line" and that they are willing to resolve a problem to the customers satisfaction where all can see.

A company that truely has the good will of the overwhelming majority of it's customers will not have the continued problems that have to be hidden away and buried to keep their "image" clean. It will be clean as seen by all because they take care of the customer to do so. A reputable company that takes care of it's customers with respect, quickly, to their satisfaction, with no additional burden upon the customer will not have have to worry about their "image" because they will have one that shows the truth of their claims about "the customer is why we are here, they are our greatest asset".

PTI does not seem to hold to this attitude. As I said above after reading all of the posts from the customers and PTI it seems that PTI is either in denial or doesn't sincerely care about the customers, only the money that they send in. They make changes only when they have to and only enough to make it seem as they are "changing for the better". These changes do not come quickly and are routinely in favor of PTI's benefit not the customers.

There was a PTI forum post from the husband of one of the owners who was lashing out to those who were asking and pressuring for answers and resolutions that they were not getting. Threads of complaints, were being deleted or locked to keep those that were unhappy from doing and "damage" or from expressing their problems, annoyances/grievances. Why would the husband see the need to lash out at the customers who had a problem that PTI created? Why delete thousands (numbers by their own admission) of CS emails because they couldn't deal with them? This is not professional in any way, and not the response of a company that sincerely cares about it's customers - the company's lifeblood.

A reputable company wouldn't do this. One or more of the owners have admitted on the forum that they have a full time job elsewhere, and another said to basically "give them a break" because of it. It seems that PIT is a part time business and an afterthought to the demands of other full time jobs, life and family (I am NOT saying that anyone put a business ABOVE family!!! Just stating the obvious time constraints this would bring).

The customers see PTI as a full time company with the owners and employees spending full time hours doing business. One that was would be able to handle the many problems in a more timely manner. But, when it is only "as you have time to get to it", the time lengthens for each problem to be resolved.

There are new customers that will never see the forum and will never see the "negative approval rating" who will purchase from PTI. Some of these will have no problems, some will and as it has been proven, get the same results as those who have problems in the past (as continued posts about problems with same treatement).

Others will see the forum posts and be able to make an informed decision on whether to take a chance and purchase or not. Other will would never conceive of saying or believing that PTI could ever be like these that "look for the bad" are saying. That is their choice and they have the right to say it. So do those that have problems. I would like to see PTI actually change and prove that they do care about their customers more than they do for themselves. I like the products, but not enough to do business with them with the current attitude.

The vast majority of those customers that have had/have problems WANT TO BE CUSTOMERS and sincerely want PTI to actually CARE. It doesn't seem as PTI does, it boggles the mind. PTI seems to have it backwards, the business has to prove to the customer it's worth, not the other way around.

With the economy getting worse there is going to be less and less money for discrestionary spending and only those companies that give a good product, reasonably priced with great customer service will survive.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #285
Kookie Creator

I worked in customer service for years. I worked in a small shop, and small country store and then for Macy's before becoming a SAHM. IF I had ever treated ONE customer the way PTI treats their customers I would have been fired.... and rightfully so!!
I would NEVER return to a business that treated me that way "in real life." And honestly, I think I am done ordering from PTI. Every order of cardstock I have gotten from them has had the corners banged up but I have never contacted them because of other's complaints about CS. They have some very good products, but it is not worth it to order from them any more. I would much rather support Taylored Expressions or any other company that appreciates their customers.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #286
Stazon Splitcoast

I really liked PTI in the beginning. I stopped ordering (except for paper/ribbons occassionally) in I guess 2010 (maybe earlier).
They never were great in the CS dept. The last time I ordered paper, it was bent on the corners. They could have cared less. So now I don't even order paper. I had hoped they would humble up a bit and see that without their customers, they wouldn't go far.

It's truly sad for me to come across this thread.
I hope and pray they can make some positive changes.

Have a great day ALL!

http://www.dynamicsofdavis.blogspot.com/
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #287
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish I could give them my business as I have seen some cute, cute images and dies. It doesn't sound like (to me) that they've "learned" anything. When they're system went down last month during the release party, the next morning they sent out an email explaining that the vendor that handles the payment software/system was to blame. I deleted that email, but found a similar response below.

Here's Nicole's response to someone who commented on the PTI forum about not being able to make a purchase:

"While I certainly understand your frustration, we actually have never experienced this specific type of issue in the past. Tonights problem has something to do with the company that processes all order payments. Please understand that we are just as frustrated as all of you, we are losing lots of potential revenue this evening after all of the hard work put into the last week. I know that with all of the excitement of the countdown, ending the week with this is a letdown for everyone involved. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for what has occurred tonight and we also understand that we have not lived up to your expectations in regards to your shopping experience."

For me, I couldn't help but focus on the loss of "potential revenue". Maybe it's because they had that upfront which states that's what is most important to them....loss of revenue....NOT what happens to the customers...the apologies come at the very end. If they were truly humble and appreciative of their customers I would have thought that they would have focused on "APOLOGIZING" (whether it was their system or not) and "THANKING" customers for their patience....instead, what was SO obvious was that they care more about how much money they bring in or didn't bring in!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY?!?!?!??!! Why would you even mention that?!?!?!?!

I'm trying really hard to refrain from adding fuel to the fire, but it really does sicken me when it's so obvious that they put their needs/wants ahead of customers. So, while I may not be getting the cuties from PTI, there are too many other wonderful companies out there and I'm happy to give my business to stores that care about their customers!
a•muse|studio consultant #1028 Inking with Brenda Lee Blog
1 Corinthians 13:7-8
Old 06-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #288
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a firm believer that the struggles PTI is having in getting its act together is one of the reasons Gina K is growing in leaps and bounds. People are looking for great product AND great customer service and they're finding it at Gina K.

It was noted earlier on FB:

"We reached two huge milestones today! The StampTV facebook fan page has over 12,000 fans and the StampTV website has over 23,000 members! Welcome to all of you. We are so glad to have you as part of our StampTV community! ♥"

In comparison the PTI Facebook page has a mere 3,761 likes. I'm not subscribed to anything on the PTI site to know any of their other numbers.

Every time I see nice cards or other paper craft items pinned on Pinterest that I'd consider pinning that relate back to PTI products, I won't pin them. I can't support a company that doesn't provided good customer service by sharing items made using their products.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #289
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharnish View Post
I'm a firm believer that the struggles PTI is having in getting its act together is one of the reasons Gina K is growing in leaps and bounds. People are looking for great product AND great customer service and they're finding it at Gina K.

It was noted earlier on FB:

"We reached two huge milestones today! The StampTV facebook fan page has over 12,000 fans and the StampTV website has over 23,000 members! Welcome to all of you. We are so glad to have you as part of our StampTV community! ♥"

In comparison the PTI Facebook page has a mere 3,761 likes. I'm not subscribed to anything on the PTI site to know any of their other numbers.
No doubt this is true. Gina uses her head. When she found herself backed up with a huge "unexpected" number of orders she postponed the next release for a couple of week to catch up. Taking more orders at that point would have compounded the problem and annoyed those waiting for their orders . She also kept people informed with emails of the status of the backup . Everyone understands that sometimes things go wrong, it is how you deal with the problems that makes all the difference .

I remember a while back when one of the small text stamps in a set had a misspelled word . The minute Gina found out about the problem she pressed a new corrected stamp and sent it " with an apology" to everyone who had ordered that set . It cost her money to correct it, but she made that up 100 fold in good will and happy customers .
Old 06-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #290
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnb View Post
"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will," call me "Pollyanna"
Amen!!
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #291
Matboard Maniac

I went ahead and placed an order last week and received it very quickly. That is good service. I will agree though that the decision to delete all the emails, responses I have read from PTI and the blocking of comments and opinions is horrible!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #292
Rubber Obsessor

I am surprised that no one has posted about tonight's June release fiasco. There are 6 pages on the PTI forum's June 2012 release night tech help thread. There were major server problems (error codes, orders not going through, orders duplicated, etc.).

I have not ordered in awhile but I really wanted some of the items being released and decided to take a chance. I was having trouble ordering so I went to the tech help thread intending to post. I was appalled to read a reply that Nichole had just posted in response to an earlier post by Ted. He was tactful as always, IMO. But I thought her reply was very rude and I'm sure it must have embarrassed and offended him. The ongoing tech issues are bad enough but customers should not be treated that way.

After all that, I decided not to place an order. I really do love their stamps, dies and paper and want to be a customer. But until I see major improvements in the new website and customer service, I will continue to wait and see.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #293
Rubber Obsessor

Lather, Rinse, Repeat!

Not only was Nichole flat out RUDE to Ted, she deleted and locked a bunch of posts because, you know, you can't say ANYTHING negative about PTI on their forum. It must stay "a happy place".

Nichole said:
Quote:
we actually have triple the number of orders coming in every minute when compared to all previous release records.
This was a total lie! Here is why:

Quote:
I will say that I placed 2 orders today.

One was around 5pm

The second was about 10:45 by the time I got through with all of the errors.

There were only 346 orders placed between my two orders.
Nice to know 300 orders is triple the number of orders coming in every minute!

Not only the ordering/server fiasco, but AGAIN, release items did not have a link in the store, the delayed rolodex card die was listed as available, etc. There are 6 pages on the Release Night Tech Help Thread!

Quality Control is not an important issue for PTI!

Ami
Old 06-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #294
Die Cut Diva

I can't believe how rude Nichole was to Ted. IMHO, he wasn't at all disrespectful, but was stating facts and rather calmly voicing what a lot of people had to be thinking. I'm really happy that a few people had the guts to call her out on the rudeness. I'm not willing to because I've been banned for less in the past. It will be interesting to see if those posts are allowed to stand or if they get deleted.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 06-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #295
Polyshrink Goddess

For those that aren't on the forum, here is what Ted wrote -"With all due respect, Nichole...the amount of traffic shouldn't be "unprecedented"... it's a release night.
I'm wondering if...on release night, the tech department couldn't perhaps add another server to take on some of the traffic? Take the load off the one server?
Or perhaps beef up the current server? Obtain/purchase a server that is larger, stronger...that can take on this amount of traffic.
I have no doubts in your sincerity in your apology nor, do I doubt your appreciation of our patience... it's because of those qualities you possess that keep me coming back.

and this was Nichole's response
"Ted, we actually have triple the number of orders coming in every minute when compared to all previous release records. It isn't fair to make a disrespectful comment like that if you have no first hand knowledge to base the statement on. Moving forward, now that we have experienced this huge increase in traffic, it is something we can prepare for. And we will do so to help prevent this from happening again. We always, always put our best foot forward in trying to accommodate everyone, plan adequately for inventory, and to make the overall shopping experience as smooth as possible here tonight. I am disappointed in the performance of the server myself and I apologize that we caused a situation that left so many people feeling frustrated. All we can do is learn from this unique experience and put things in place to not allow them to happen again."

I found it to be rude as well.
Barbara
Old 06-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #296
Proud Fan Club Member

It is amazing to me that they are still have problems of this magnitude and that Nichole Heady is the person handling tech/ordering questions in the forum on release night. Isn't she the creative/product director of PTI? Why wouldn't they have a person dedicated to handling ordering problems and customer service take care of this during a high traffic period?

It really makes me wonder why PTI continues to push this monthly release model but what's more confounding is that people still venture to order on release night. When PTI first started, they had at least this many problems - it doesn't look like they've learned anything.

And ..... yet another release and the website hasn't been changed either.

Take a break and get your ducks in a row already.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #297
Rubber Obsessor

Saw this on another site regarding Lisa Johnson, a former PTI design team member. What do you all think of this?

Quote:

grateful for you - Poppy Paperie

She made a hexagon card with MFT products and posted it on the day of the PTI release of new hexagon product!

WOW!
Ami
Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #298
Glitter Guru

I haven't ordered from PTI in forever - first it was too little time for me to even stamp so no need to add to my supplies stash. Then I simply couldn't keep up with the monthly releases and all the new stuff they added every month. I absolutely love the design of so many of PTI's stamps, papers, and so many of the dies. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever own them unless PTI gets their act together. Their design team is one of the best - love just about everything they put out - so amazingly creative. But I will not put my money towards a company that seems to refuse to face the problems they have and try to make things better. I was glad to see they seem to have FINALLY dealt with so many of the duplicates listed on their shopping site - that was a big pain. But they still don't have links to all the related products or additional stamp sets which is a pain.

I never signed up for the forum because I don't like the fact that I had to register just to see the entries. I can understand having to register to post comments but just to view them?!

The continued rudeness of the owners/adminstrators is appalling. I saw here the info that Ted wrote - he wasn't disrespectful at all! Like others have said, he simply stated what others are and have been thinking forever and did so very well without being rude or disrespectful (I can't say the same about Nicole's comments!) I will continue to admire their products and design team creations, but I won't be ordering any time soon - not until they actually do something about the numerous issues and problems and treat their customers in a much better manner than they're doing now - and have done for quite some time.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #299
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it speaks volumes that Lisa Johnson of Poppy Paperie has left PTI. She was on the original design team, I think!! And she designed a TON of stamps for them! They've lost a great designer in losing her... I wish her the best in whatever she pursues next!

Old 06-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #300
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I just read on Nichole's blog that Michelle Wooderson and Beth Silaika have also quit Papertrey!! Wow!

Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #301
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozie4Him View Post
I think it speaks volumes that Lisa Johnson of Poppy Paperie has left PTI. She was on the original design team, I think!! And she designed a TON of stamps for them! They've lost a great designer in losing her... I wish her the best in whatever she pursues next!
Wow, I must have snoozed and missed that info. Yeah, she's been around forever and appeared to be quite close to the heart of the company. That does speak volumes.

I am stunned to learn of the situation with Ted. The guy has been nothing but tactful and has bent over backwards time and again to be supportive (almost to the point of obsequiousness at times) and try to encourage fellow customers to remain optimistic and positive.

If PTI always "puts their best foot forward" I would not want to see what a half-baked effort looks like. I cannot fathom how the IT issues have gone on the way they have for a company who only exists as an online store. If a bricks & mortar store with online options were struggling to maintain its IT dept, I could see it. But this is their whole selling tool.

It's reminded me of a restaurant where the chef has great recipes, but the applicances rarely work and they constantly run out of ingredients (or the wait staff can't take an order and are snarky when you ask). Serving the meals, not merely devising them, is the whole business.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #302
Glitter Guru

Wow. They're dropping like flies at PTI! Lisa, Beth, Michelle. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. For me, Mish was the reason I started ordering PTI in the first place. I'm just hoping that she continues designing, either for herself or for another company.

On the forums, some folks have noted that PTI hasn't been selling out of releases like they used to in the past. I tend to doubt that they've gotten better at ordering. I'm thinking it's because fewer people are willing to take the gamble.

And yes, Nichole was rude to Ted.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #303
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
Saw this on another site regarding Lisa Johnson, a former PTI design team member. What do you all think of this?

Ami
I think it speaks volumes!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #304
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, Wow, Wow! I can't believe Lisa, Beth & Michelle left. I am not a big PTI fan because their style of stamps is not my style. I do like some of their dies but I don't own any. I have been a big admirer of Lisa, Beth & Michelle's work. Seriously talented ladies. I hope another stamp company snags them up quickly.

I have known Ted a long time from other boards and over here too. Ted is one of the sweetest guys in the stamp world. He's just a treasure. I could never think Ted as rude or disrespectful. I was just shocked to hear that Ted got a dressing down.

I know I have said this before in this post. Thank you all who post the good, bag & ugly of the stamp companies. I really appreciate it.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 06-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #305
Rubber Obsessor

IMO, if Betsy Veldman or Melissa Phillips leave the DT, PTI will really suffer. I sure hope the company owners get it together soon. Instead of applying band aids and trying to sweep problems under the rug, real changes are needed quickly. The new website is a joke and has taken all the fun out of browsing the online store. Quality control is nonexistent. Although Nichole is very creative and talented, she is probably alienating many customers with her snippy responses on the forum (not to mention dictatorial tactics such as burying or deleting posts and banning members) and poor business decisions. If the owners refuse to invest in the company's infrastructure and treat customers nicely, the company will continue going downhill. It's a shame, really.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #306
Polyshrink Goddess

PTI's Customer Service is the worst....i once sent a few mails to CS about an issue...never got a reply. then posted my concerns on their forum. i received an email from JE snarkily asking if i "really expected a personal reply" .... how foolish of me to think i would that. and i used to order a fair amount....love their ideas and dies. no more. done. finished with them.

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #307
Matboard Maniac

I have experienced PTI's customer service (or lack there of)...and I have been a very loyal and spendy customer. PTI sent me the incorrect die, it was a larger order, I took pictures of my packaging (they were insisting it was there in the tissue...nope), I took pictures of each item I ordered and yet the die I ordered was not there, it was some other die3...it took them over a week for them to figure out they sent me the incorrect die, and I had to send the die back first to get the die I originally ordered...about 3 weeks... I expected maybe a little "sorry" card or something...nope...nothing... that was an eye opener for me. Which sucks, because I certainly love their products!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #308
Stazon Splitcoast

I was contacted here when I said I had not received my anniversary set from last year and asked to give my address...so far I have yet to receive the anniversary set from LAST year. I give up.
blessings.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #309
Die Cut Diva

Amber you provide outstanding customer service a rapid shipping, if anyone deserves to be treated well it is you. I am so sorry this happened to you too!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #310
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
I was contacted here when I said I had not received my anniversary set from last year and asked to give my address...so far I have yet to receive the anniversary set from LAST year. I give up.
blessings.
Oh my Amber - this is just so, so wrong....

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #311
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara32ca View Post
For those that aren't on the forum, here is what Ted wrote -"With all due respect, Nichole...the amount of traffic shouldn't be "unprecedented"... it's a release night.
I'm wondering if...on release night, the tech department couldn't perhaps add another server to take on some of the traffic? Take the load off the one server?
Or perhaps beef up the current server? Obtain/purchase a server that is larger, stronger...that can take on this amount of traffic.
I have no doubts in your sincerity in your apology nor, do I doubt your appreciation of our patience... it's because of those qualities you possess that keep me coming back.

"Ted, we actually have triple the number of orders coming in every minute when compared to all previous release records. It isn't fair to make a disrespectful comment like that if you have no first hand knowledge to base the statement on. Moving forward, now that we have experienced this huge increase in traffic, it is something we can prepare for. And we will do so to help prevent this from happening again. We always, always put our best foot forward in trying to accommodate everyone, plan adequately for inventory, and to make the overall shopping experience as smooth as possible here tonight. I am disappointed in the performance of the server myself and I apologize that we caused a situation that left so many people feeling frustrated. All we can do is learn from this unique experience and put things in place to not allow them to happen again."

Barbara
Okay, I have been quiet on this while lurking, but this takes the cake! I ordered from PTI once because they had something I was looking for I couldn't find anywhere else (tween through teen boy theme -skater, video games etc) and it was okay. I have had my eye on a couple of things I want - the Jane Eyre set with the dies - but have been holding off due to the issues with the company. After reading the above, it is settled. If that is all he wrote, he was being kind and offering solid advice, no snark or anger and to be answered like that by the OWNER?! I would not reward that behavior by putting one nickel in her pocket. She needs to go the forums, blogs and boards of Unity Stamp Company and watch someone like Angela Magnunson in action - even under fire, she is sweet and kind and it's obvious she recognizes that what she projects is the impression people will have of Unity.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #312
Insane Embellisher

Chiming in again, I gave up on them several months ago when their "new" website became impossible to navigate and I felt overwhelmed by all the new releases. I have all the colors of their cs that I want so there is nothing more from them that I'm interested in. I was thinking of getting their black and kraft cs since I'm low on those, but not now. I'm hoping My Favorite Things comes out with a card stock sampler so I can see what their colors are like. And SU ships within days to me.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #313
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, I'm not familiar with Unity and Angela but I am not surprised. There are so many efficient and competent stamping and supply companies with wonderful, kind, and gracious women at the helm ~ we're fortunate that PTI is the exception to the rule.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #314
Die Cut Diva

It is clear that PTI doesn't value their customers, even very loyal customers like Ted. IMO, Nichole needs to step away from the forums. Her communication is often unprofessional, and she inflames situations with her snarky posts.

I haven't ordered anything from PTI in over a year. I've found I don't miss them that much. There are so many companies out there that have fabulous products AND they treat their customers well. I will choose to support those companies over PTI any day.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #315
Mad Swapper

I have had no problems ordering paper from them in the past. But every time I have tried to order stamp sets (I never order on or around release times), or dies, half the things I want to order are out of stock. When I inquire about when they might be back in stock, I'm told to subscribe to the newsletter (which I already do), to find out. I don't think that's good CS, but wasn't enough to make me not purchase from them. However, a few dies I want have not been in stock since last November. When I asked a couple of times if they have been discontinued or something, they said no, just to keep checking. I think it's ridiculous that they don't have a system to notify when an item is back in stock. So many other companies offer this. I would think it's simple programming to add a "Notify me when this item is back in stock" thing.
And as far as their website.. I find it so confusing that it makes finding an item you're looking for, but don't recall the exact name, like finding a needle in a haystack.
I do love the products PTI has available, however there is something seriously lacking behind the scenes. It forces me to take my business elsewhere, unfortunately.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #316
Pearl-ExPert

We own a service related business, and I deal with clients via phone and email all the time. Even when they are unreasonable, I would never, ever be anything but cordial and accomodating. Sometimes I have to bite my tongue and take a deep breath to avoid telling them what I really think. But to treat a customer, even the smallest customer with negativity and defensiveness is DEATH to a company.

I am so shocked by what I am reading here. It's not difficult to control yourself, especially in written words when you can think before you post. Does Nicole not see how she has lost respect of many of her very faithful supporters? I think the whole thing is very very sad. I purchased a few items from PTI in the distant past, but I don't want any of their products bad enough to 1) worry about dealing with all the issues that I am reading about here, or 2) support a company who is so disrespectful to its customers.

Any company can and does make mistakes. It's how you handle those mistakes that will make or break you.

I'm sorry, but their products just aren't magnificent enough to justify the abhorrent treatment of their customers.

~Alicia
Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #317
Stazon Splitcoast

I have never ordered from PTI but I love the look of their product... I wish someone would buy them out.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #318
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
I have never ordered from PTI but I love the look of their product... I wish someone would buy them out.
That would be a wonderful thing! I could lift my boycott and order the rest of the things on my wishlist!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #319
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree, it seems they have great products, but not so great public relations. That would be a perfect solution.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 06-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #320
Matboard Maniac

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara32ca View Post

Barbara
I agree this was rude. Sounds like Nichole does need to take a break from being the one responding. What he asked and said was not disrespectful. Maybe it is our current PC environment where you can't disagree with anyone on anything without being called disrespectful and judgemental??