Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #401
Insane Embellisher

I have to say that I have ordered from Papertrey quite a few times and I have only had one problem - a stamp ripped when I tried to remove it from the backing, and they replaced the stamp immediately. I will order from them again as I really love their cardstock and stamp designs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #402
Pearl-ExPert

I've ordered many times from PTI and have never had any real issues. Their shipping is a bit slow around release time. I've just learned to wait a couple of weeks and order during an "off" time. Otherwise, no complaints. I love their stamps and innovation. I'm sorry for those of you that have had trouble.

My Gallery
My New Blog
Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #403
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
I'm certainly glad that a dear friend of mine directed me to check out this thread the other day when I mentioned that I was looking for a new stamp company and was thinking of trying out Paper Trey Ink. WOWZERS! What a mess. I read as much as I could and then purposely skipped to the last few pages to see if anything had changed and apparently it hasn't. The online companies I currently order from have awesome customer service and shipping times and I could never deal with all this nonsense.

So my thoughts have now moved on to Gina K Designs but I'm disappointed that for the price not all the sets are pre-cut. The one I especially am attracted to by Nina Brackett has to be trimmed. I have one set of theirs that a friend gave me and the rubber is not very thick so with that and the fact that you have to trim it yourself I think they are a little pricey. I realize they are doing all their newer sets in clear or pre-cut rubber but that isn't helping me for the older sets I'm interested in.

However, I can hear from you ladies that no matter what I decide I will not experience the horrors of customer service and shipping problems that is taking place at PTI.

Thanks for all your honesty.
Hi- just jumping in to let you know that all of our stamps ARE NOW pre-cut. We just haven't updated all of the product desciptions yet. But we are working on that. And all of our new sets going forward are available in both pre-cut rubber and clear (photopolymer.)

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:09 AM   #404
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Gina - you are the best!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #405
Rubber Obsessor

I have GinaK stamp sets and I love them...and her. I remember when SU stamps had to be trimmed. Some customers were upset when the company started pre cutting the stamps. Those customers LIKED cutting their own the way they liked them. Some people still retrim their stamps. Different strokes for different folks. While I do like pretrimmed stamps, since only the older GKD stamps need to be trimmed by hand, I would buy a stamp set that I really liked and trim away. You only have to do it once. Hope you all have a crafty day.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #406
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecheck View Post
I've been a PTI customer for 5 years and I have NEVER had a problem with customer service or their products.
Does this means the problems at PTI don't really exist?

Ami
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #407
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheartm View Post
I have GinaK stamp sets and I love them...and her. I remember when SU stamps had to be trimmed. Some customers were upset when the company started pre cutting the stamps. Those customers LIKED cutting their own the way they liked them. Some people still retrim their stamps. Different strokes for different folks. While I do like pretrimmed stamps, since only the older GKD stamps need to be trimmed by hand, I would buy a stamp set that I really liked and trim away. You only have to do it once. Hope you all have a crafty day.
I think Gina just clarified that all her stamps are precut now even the older stock! For that I am thankful because as good as my cutting skills are, my stamps that I have cut annoy me!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #408
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
Does this means the problems at PTI don't really exist?

Ami
No, but people are free to post about positive experiences too.

I just put my very first order in to PTI a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have any issues. I do think their website needs to be fixed up though. When searching for items, the results have multiples of items under varying categories. It is annoying to see the same stamp set, or die cut, etc. 2 or 3 times in the list.

Sorry that so many have had negative experiences with PTI. I for one never wanted to order from them before due to the high shipping charges to Canada. But, they now give you a $20 refund on a $200 or more order so it makes it more reasonable. I was happy with my experience, albeit only 1 so far. I will stick to mostly SU! products as they are my favorite, but it is nice to have some other options for cardstock colors and matching designer paper. Plus, PTI has some cute stamps and die cuts.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #409
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina K. Designs View Post
Hi- just jumping in to let you know that all of our stamps ARE NOW pre-cut. We just haven't updated all of the product desciptions yet. But we are working on that. And all of our new sets going forward are available in both pre-cut rubber and clear (photopolymer.)
Oh what wonderful news!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #410
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltzingmouse View Post
LOL, thank you for asking - you may be interested to know we're working on American distribution....
This will be awesome, but I'll miss getting my Royal Mail! I love getting Royal Mail!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #411
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I'm certainly glad that a dear friend of mine directed me to check out this thread the other day when I mentioned that I was looking for a new stamp company and was thinking of trying out Paper Trey Ink. WOWZERS! What a mess. I read as much as I could and then purposely skipped to the last few pages to see if anything had changed and apparently it hasn't. The online companies I currently order from have awesome customer service and shipping times and I could never deal with all this nonsense.

So my thoughts have now moved on to Gina K Designs but I'm disappointed that for the price not all the sets are pre-cut. The one I especially am attracted to by Nina Brackett has to be trimmed. I have one set of theirs that a friend gave me and the rubber is not very thick so with that and the fact that you have to trim it yourself I think they are a little pricey. I realize they are doing all their newer sets in clear or pre-cut rubber but that isn't helping me for the older sets I'm interested in.

However, I can hear from you ladies that no matter what I decide I will not experience the horrors of customer service and shipping problems that is taking place at PTI.

Thanks for all your honesty.
The red rubber of Gina K. Stamps is really nice and very good quality. I have most of the Nina Brackett stamps from Gina K and these are not thin rubber. Are you sure they are Gina K. Stamps?

Gina K. has the best customer service! You will love ordering from her!!

Old 07-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #412
Rubber Obsessor

I had some points to cash out, so I've just placed what will be my last order with PTI. While painstakingly navigating the incredibly user-unfriendly store, I browsed over to the forum briefly. The same old issues and tone of discussions made me feel that much more resolved that this will be the last.
It's actually a relief. I'll no longer have to hover and check for weeks for all the items in an order to be in stock simultaneously, or to send back defective items at my own expense, etc. I didn't even follow their July release -- I forgot it was going on, and when I remembered, I realized I just wasn't interested.
I've found so many great companies this year who make stuff I love. That's where my business will go.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #413
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:
Yay!!! I am over-the-moon thrilled to learn about the clear stamp option.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Old 07-31-2012, 02:45 AM   #414
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms57 View Post
This will be awesome, but I'll miss getting my Royal Mail! I love getting Royal Mail!
We will always have the free shipping offer... even after the US shipping is set up, so if you fancy a little Royal Mail...
Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #415
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We will always have the free shipping offer... even after the US shipping is set up, so if you fancy a little Royal Mail...
I always fancy a little Royal Mail
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #416
Inking Addict

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #417
Cardstock Collector

I did not heed the warnings of countless others who also received terrible customer service from Papertrey Ink. My thought was, "that's terrible, but it's their problem, not mine. " I was so very, very wrong.

Background: Since discovering Papertrey Ink in February 2012 and becoming a customer in March 2012, I placed more than 10 orders without incident. Last month, I had a defective item issue that was similar to, if not exactly like, the defective item issues that other customers were also experiencing and sharing on Papertrey Ink's customer service forum. However, Papertrey Ink decided that my issue was unlike the others, despite documentary evidence (i.e. photos of the defective item). Papertrey Ink told the other customers to return their defective items for a refund or exchange, but instructed me to keep my useless plate or, as I like to call it, my "paperweight." Approximately two weeks after the complaints starting rolling in, Papertrey Ink finally conceded it was a manufacturing defect. While they posted this “recall” (if you can call it that) on their customer service forum/website, they: (1) only did so after blaming customers for the defective product (citing "user error"); and (2) did not bother to contact or notify customers who they told earlier to ‘go jump in a lake.’ I only found out about the recall after reading it on a smack blog!!]

There is a big difference between (1) a company that occasionally loses a package or has a manufacturing issue and (2) a company that approaches every customer service issue with suspicion and doubt (i.e. the customer is going to "pull a fast one" on them and abuse their refund/exchange policies) and is not forthcoming with their customers. As you can imagine, I firmly place Papertrey Ink in the second category.

Papertrey Ink has wonderful designs. No doubt. But they are not the only game in town. The papercrafting industry is large and competition is fierce; even traditional scrapbooking paper companies are designing and producing stamp sets. With so many choices, consumers should not have to endure Papertrey Ink’s “distrust and conceal” philosophy.

[For those that are curious, the defective product was their Sunrise Impression plate. After running the plate through a Big Shot or Cuttlebug (using the proper sandwich), the image from the backside of the plate came through the front side of the plate, producing an undesired (and, in some cases, uneven) double impression. When I contacted Papertrey Ink, I was told by Julie Heskamp, one of the owners, that it was "normal" for the backside/B-side image to push through the front side/A-side.]
Old 08-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #418
Proud Fan Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiemom23cs View Post
The red rubber of Gina K. Stamps is really nice and very good quality. I have most of the Nina Brackett stamps from Gina K and these are not thin rubber. Are you sure they are Gina K. Stamps?

Gina K. has the best customer service! You will love ordering from her!!

Since I posted my earlier message, I have placed two orders with Gina K and I have loved the service and the pre-cut stamps. The stamp I had at home was not by Nina Brackett but it was by Gina K Designs and it is a very thin rubber. Could have been a defective one (that happens) as all the sets I have ordered since posting have been a thicker rubber. I didn't purchase the set. It was a gift from a friend so, I'm not complaining. I'm very happy with the quality of what I've purchased so far and the service is exemplary!!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #419
Rubber Obsessor

So sorry LM for your bad experience, especially after 10 adequate ones. It is sad that they continually distrust and blame the customer for their own problems instead of seeing them as the LIFEBLOOD of their business. Yet they seem not to care and thumb their noses at all of the very bad press that they cause and then go out of their way to do more out of spite (it seems). Very sad.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #420
Crimping Master

I have the Sunshine IP, and have used it once without an issue. Now I'm wondering when it will start showing both sides pushing through. Where is the information on the recall? I haven't seen the information on their main forums, and had no idea there was an issue.

Deb
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #421
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Since I posted my earlier message, I have placed two orders with Gina K and I have loved the service and the pre-cut stamps. The stamp I had at home was not by Nina Brackett but it was by Gina K Designs and it is a very thin rubber. Could have been a defective one (that happens) as all the sets I have ordered since posting have been a thicker rubber. I didn't purchase the set. It was a gift from a friend so, I'm not complaining. I'm very happy with the quality of what I've purchased so far and the service is exemplary!!
Jennifer,

Contact customer service at info@ginakdesigns.com and let them know what stamp set you have that's too thin. We will be more than happy to replace it.

Hugs,
Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #422
Hardware Hotshot

^^ Now THAT is customer service! Gina K is a class act.

PS. Gina taught me how to use the Cuttlebug at the very first stamping expo I went to when I was a newbie. It was like the coolest tool ever. After that little lesson, a friend and I went out and got our own machines. Now I'm hooked.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #423
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Jennifer,

Contact customer service at info@ginakdesigns.com and let them know what stamp set you have that's too thin. We will be more than happy to replace it.

Hugs,
Gina K.
AAAAAAAAAA-MAZING!!!! That's all I gotta say.
a•muse|studio consultant #1028 Inking with Brenda Lee Blog
1 Corinthians 13:7-8
Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #424
Glitter Queen

I don't know Gina, but I seriously adore her. So classy.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #425
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've kept my mouth shut a long time about PTI as I do love their stamps but they're getting stale. I've been lied to so many times and one other unspeakable that I won't mention. The last several orders I placed, the majority of my stamps have been defective. They want me to send them in to get replaced when they should pay for it. They had a website issue, which is nothing new as the new website is awful, and I was not credited my points for a large purchase. It's always blame the customer. An ink pad I received had leaked through the bottom and I was told it was okay and doesn't affect my stamping. Hello? I purchased a new ink pad for full price, not a defective one. I have several entire stamp sets that I need to send back to get exchanged. It is always blaming the customer and issues are not resolved in a timely manner. After Jennifer left, I had to deal with the same customer issues for 5 months and then was told that I'll never be happy. I don't appreciate insults when I'm putting food on your table. You try to work with people and be as nice as you can but the mass exodus of key personnel and designers scream trouble in paradise. I've just been lied to too many times and WPlus9 has the majority of exact images and dies that PTI does so not everything is hand designed as claimed. The designs are purchased from a website with a commercial license and then tweaked by Illustrator and that's how they put them together. I found out which website it was and there are all of my stamp sets there. Every single impression plate has warped after one use and I know how to use my Big Shot or any other machine with these plates. I do not have that problem with other companies who use impression plates. The rudeness and complete lack of customer service has turned me off and I don't support companies like that, especially the dishonesty. It's clearly stated on the website that they plan out a year in advance, customers will make comments about something they want and voila! It shows up in the next release or two. I can understand having a few sets made on the fly to keep up with trend but be honest about it when the introductory post is presented please.

I went to the website that the images are purchased from, and you know I can't tell you here for TOS, made a few stamp sets of my own purchasing a personal license. I even looked at Cheery Lynn for dies but remembered I had a Silhouette and just scanned the image and instant die-cut.

I love the direction that GK is taking her company in while saving us money too. She has a few ex-illustrators and DT on board from PTI, MFT has Lisa Johnson, who, after being with the company since it's inception got a generic send off which didn't sit right with me. That is all personal stuff and I need to keep this to service issues. I am not happy and it's not because of me, it's because of the lack of prompt customer service, a totally user unfriendly website, changing the storage impacting customers financially, and a lot of other changes that are not necessary when they have bigger problems. Lately, it's always taken 2+ weeks to get my release and since I'm PST and they're EST, I'm done within 5 minutes of the release going live which means I should get my stuff pretty darn fast. They are also the only company without a publication incentive.

Even though I am an SU demo, I still like to play with some other products, such as MFT, GKD, and ODBD, TE, and other stuff but do not make the investment in them like I used to. I got product overload and too much is too much. I personally feel like I've been deceived with a lot of things when it comes to this company. Customer loyalty is not appreciated.
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007

Last edited by KY Southern Belle; 08-06-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #426
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemessy View Post
I With so many choices, consumers should not have to endure Papertrey Ink’s “distrust and conceal” philosophy.
My feelings, exactly.
And sorry to say, this behaviour pattern has existed -- and gradually increased -- over the 4 years I shopped from them (and bought plenty). The calibre of design kept me going back, but I've now stopped.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
I have never ordered from PTI but I love the look of their product... I wish someone would buy them out.
Just go to WPlus9. They have pretty much the exact same images and dies, both are expensive though, unfortunately.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoyce View Post
Hi Barbara, from another Barbara!

As you said, the big news from Gina K in the last couple of months--all their new sets are available in your choice of rubber or CLEAR! I've ordered from them before, but no stamp sets. And I don't have any clear stamps, because I've heard that they don't produce crisp detail like deeply etched rubber. But I've watched some of Gina's great videos, and it looks way easier to place your image/greeting with the clear stamps. I use a Stamp-a-ma-Jig a lot and happily. but this looks *so* much easier.

As for the style, I haven't been moved to order until the release just a day or two ago of the Tropical Nature set designed by Theresa Momber. Wow! It is beautiful. So I'm thinking of breaking down and ordering it in clear, to give clear stamps a try!
BTW, I have GKD clear stamps and they are so high quality that they do not stain. What a nice surprise. I also get a perfect image every single time.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #429
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Southern Belle View Post
I've kept my mouth shut a long time about PTI as I do love their stamps but they're getting stale. I've been lied to so many times and one other unspeakable that I won't mention. The last several orders I placed, the majority of my stamps have been defective. They want me to send them in to get replaced when they should pay for it. They had a website issue, which is nothing new as the new website is awful, and I was not credited my points for a large purchase. It's always blame the customer. An ink pad I received had leaked through the bottom and I was told it was okay and doesn't affect my stamping. Hello? I purchased a new ink pad for full price, not a defective one. I have several entire stamp sets that I need to send back to get exchanged. It is always blaming the customer and issues are not resolved in a timely manner. After Jennifer left, I had to deal with the same customer issues for 5 months and then was told that I'll never be happy. I don't appreciate insults when I'm putting food on your table. You try to work with people and be as nice as you can but the mass exodus of key personnel and designers scream trouble in paradise. I've just been lied to too many times and WPlus9 has the majority of exact images and dies that PTI does so not everything is hand designed as claimed. The designs are purchased from a website with a commercial license and then tweaked by Illustrator and that's how they put them together. I found out which website it was and there are all of my stamp sets there. Every single impression plate has warped after one use and I know how to use my Big Shot or any other machine with these plates. I do not have that problem with other companies who use impression plates. The rudeness and complete lack of customer service has turned me off and I don't support companies like that, especially the dishonesty. It's clearly stated on the website that they plan out a year in advance, customers will make comments about something they want and voila! It shows up in the next release or two. I can understand having a few sets made on the fly to keep up with trend but be honest about it when the introductory post is presented please.

I went to the website that the images are purchased from, and you know I can't tell you here for TOS, made a few stamp sets of my own purchasing a personal license. I even looked at Cheery Lynn for dies but remembered I had a Silhouette and just scanned the image and instant die-cut.

I love the direction that GK is taking her company in while saving us money too. She has a few ex-illustrators and DT on board from PTI, MFT has Lisa Johnson, who, after being with the company since it's inception got a generic send off which didn't sit right with me. That is all personal stuff and I need to keep this to service issues. I am not happy and it's not because of me, it's because of the lack of prompt customer service, a totally user unfriendly website, changing the storage impacting customers financially, and a lot of other changes that are not necessary when they have bigger problems. Lately, it's always taken 2+ weeks to get my release and since I'm PST and they're EST, I'm done within 5 minutes of the release going live which means I should get my stuff pretty darn fast. They are also the only company without a publication incentive.

Even though I am an SU demo, I still like to play with some other products, such as MFT, GKD, and ODBD, TE, and other stuff but do not make the investment in them like I used to. I got product overload and too much is too much. I personally feel like I've been deceived with a lot of things when it comes to this company. Customer loyalty is not appreciated.
Jennifer left?? When did this happen? I absolutely dread contacting customer service. I have a defective impression plate and inkpad. I'm not really keen on paying for shipping to them, especially when I received defective products
Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #430
Matboard Maniac

They do reimburse shipping for defective products
However, proving that the product is defective is like pulling teeth

There was a case where someone had a defective die, had it sent in, had customer service "test" it on their machine, was told it works fine and got
The die back in the mail

Scratching my head at the majority or their customer sevice decisions
Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #431
Polyshrink Goddess

I made one stamp purchase from PTI without incident several years ago and was satisfied with the product. I began reading unfavorable reviews of the company then and haven't purchased anything since. I can't help thinking that whatever they're doing, however much it aggravates people (not just on this board), must be right. After years of complaints without redress, they're still in business. In fact, their message boards became more restrictive, and their attitude toward customers seems to have worsened. Maybe a lot of people like this tough attitude. Maybe they convey the sense that they know what they're doing and that their complaining customers are off the wall. Or maybe they're selling their business and genuinely don't care. In either case, I haven't seen any news about Chapter 11, and buyers are keeping them in business.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #432
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa May View Post
I made one stamp purchase from PTI without incident several years ago and was satisfied with the product. I began reading unfavorable reviews of the company then and haven't purchased anything since. I can't help thinking that whatever they're doing, however much it aggravates people (not just on this board), must be right. After years of complaints without redress, they're still in business. In fact, their message boards became more restrictive, and their attitude toward customers seems to have worsened. Maybe a lot of people like this tough attitude. Maybe they convey the sense that they know what they're doing and that their complaining customers are off the wall. Or maybe they're selling their business and genuinely don't care. In either case, I haven't seen any news about Chapter 11, and buyers are keeping them in business.
I don't think I agree with the statement that whatever they are doing, must be right. It is not. Rudeness and discourtesy are never right. A company may set whatever policies they want, but it is how they treat people that defines their customer service (or lack thereof) IMO. And I don't care how successful or how big a company is, if they don't treat customers/people with respect, they aren't doing it right.
I think the many comments & complaints have been building over time. Some people have mentioned attempting to get issues resolved for months. I can understand them thinking maybe it is just them - they happen to be that one in a million customer that had a hard time. But first one person reached frustration level & had the courage to post something, and then another, and another, and another. There have been more than a few people on this thread and others on SCS like it who have stated that they will not or will no longer buy from this company. It may not happen overnight, but if all these people do follow through, that has to affect the company's bottom line eventually. Especially if people talk about it and word continues to spread. I first heard about issues with the company on this board, but I have since seen similar discussions on other boards as well - so the information is spreading out there.
We aren't privy to the financial statements, so while it may be true they are still in business or buyers are still keeping them in business, we aren't going to see their bottom line. Maybe since these threads cropped up, their profit has dropped 50%. Maybe it has dropped 25%. Maybe it has only dropped 5%. Maybe it has dropped 75%. Maybe it is unchanged. Unless the company suddenly announces it is closing, or bankruptcy or sale or something, we really have no way of knowing if/how much this is affecting their bottom line. And even then the info likely wouldn't be made public. This thread & others like it could be severely impacting their bottom line, but we may never know.
I think there will always be a segment of the population that are new stampers or stampers who are new to PTI who will buy because they have never heard of the issues.
I think PTI has some unique and neat stamps/dies/products, and there will be a segment who will buy "just this once" because they cannot get anything similar anywhere else.
I think from posts in this thread it is quite obvious there is a segment of the stamping population who will never buy from them again.
I think there is a segment of the population who will continue to be loyal to and buy from PTI regardless of the issues.
Whether the 1st, 2nd and 4th segments of the population are enough to sustain the company as is or grow it larger long term is something that remains to be seen.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #433
Matboard Maniac

Cindy, thanks for the referral to WPlus9. I checked out their blog and their new release looks great. And, yes, it is similar to Papertry Ink. There are hexagons, both stamps and dies, and pinking squares for the patchwork look. Very nice!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #434
Polyshrink Goddess

Rudeness and discourtesy are never right. A company may set whatever policies they want, but it is how they treat people that defines their customer service (or lack thereof) IMO. And I don't care how successful or how big a company is, if they don't treat customers/people with respect, they aren't doing it right.
__________________________________________________ __
Of course this is correct in the large scheme of things. And we can be morally outraged as much as we like. But how, with years of poor customer service and product failures, are they still in business if something they're doing isn't good for business? Is it the popularity of their products that carries them? Is it the quality of their artists, especially Betsy Veldman? or are they capitalized 50 years out? I'm sincerely wondering how they do it.
Karen3000 likes this post.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #435
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa May View Post
Rudeness and discourtesy are never right. A company may set whatever policies they want, but it is how they treat people that defines their customer service (or lack thereof) IMO. And I don't care how successful or how big a company is, if they don't treat customers/people with respect, they aren't doing it right.
__________________________________________________ __
Of course this is correct in the large scheme of things. And we can be morally outraged as much as we like. But how, with years of poor customer service and product failures, are they still in business if something they're doing isn't good for business? Is it the popularity of their products that carries them? Is it the quality of their artists, especially Betsy Veldman? or are they capitalized 50 years out? I'm sincerely wondering how they do it.
I think it is a really relevant consideration. I have wondered that myself. How can a company treat their customers this way over defective products and still be in business in this economy? I have a PTI designs wishlist longer than a football field but I have never taken the leap. I had issues with another company (that finally got resolved very satisfactorily) and that left a sour taste for me. Even put me off using the product which I had purchased, so I wouldn't even contemplate starting the process with a company with such known issues.

What concerns me is how many people can take the use of the products we already have as a mark of endorsement. There are multiple very well known blogs that use PTI that still give them a positive face to any would be purchaser. TBH if I didn't belong to SCS I would never have known about the ongoing issue. One of the blogs I follow mentioned it in the spring and then still gushes over their product. I have no issue with anyone using their purchased products (I still have plenty of Provocraft) however, I do think there needs to be an ongoing honesty with the reader that is probably uncomfortable for most bloggers to broach.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 08-08-2012 at 05:22 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #436
Inking Addict

Here's my take on PTI...IMHO
PTI does in fact carry some wonderful products. As long as you don't it want fast or have any issues or need anything special this is the place!! But if you need it within a certain timeline - don't bet bet on it, if there is a problem - well, that's gonna be a problem!! Here's my analogy.... It like when you want a hamburger! If you want it fast and don't care what they put on it or how they cook it - head to McDonald's. But if you don't want the onions or want mayo instead of mustard - go find a good hamburger joint and tip the waitress when you're done!!!
So you ask - if PTI is McDonald's in this analogy, who is the good hamburger joint? Well I don't a one in all place to send you to. But I can tell that when purchasing items online I try very hard to support the little people if you know what I mean! If they get too big for their britches and forget about those that got them to where they are and allow their customer service to deteriorate, well then it's time I go somewhere else - clearly they don't need/want my business anymore!!
And that's all I have to say about that!! {don't you just love Forrest Gump!!}
My Gallery / My Blog
Old 08-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #437
Cardstock Collector

[QUOTE=RiverIsis;19605961]I think it is a really relevant consideration. I have wondered that myself. How can a company treat their customers this way over defective products and still be in business in this economy? I have a PTI designs wishlist longer than a football field but I have never taken the leap. I had issues with another company (that finally got resolved very satisfactorily) and that left a sour taste for me. Even put me off using the product which I had purchased, so I wouldn't even contemplate starting the process with a company with such known issues.

I have been a lurker on these boards for a while, and have followed this post, as well as others complaining about PTI. I have also been following the boards at PTI for a few months. I am well aware of the problems with PTI that many customers have posted about. The reason I decided to post today is because I keep seeing the recurring question that with all the problems that PTI has with customer service, how can they still be in business. Although I don't have the answer to that question, I can say why I'm still a customer of Papertrey Ink.

I have been a PTI customer for about 1 year and have only been stamping and cardmaking for a little longer than that. I heard about them on some You Tube channels that I watch. I have a somewhat limited crafting budget, so I'm not able to order every month. But 90% of the money I spend on this hobby is spent on PTI.

During the year I've been their customer, I have ordered from them about 8 times. Every time I have ordered enough to get the free shipping, and only once I've ordered during release time. I don't really mind the shipping delays, but I don't like buying things impulsively. I rather think about it for a while and if I still want something a month or 2 after, then I buy it.
I have been happy with everything I have ordered, and have never had any problems.

With that being said, I know that with all the problems I've heard about I'm taking a chance every time I order from them. So why do I still choose to spend my money on this company? Frankly, because I have not been able to find another company that has similar products that also suits my style. I absolutely love every single product from this company, and when you compare their products with other of the same quality, theirs have a much better price, and when you're on a budget, that matters. But the one thing that really keeps me is the design of their stamps, and all the projects that are made by the design team every month.
Although, I have search every company that 's been mentioned hear as having comparable product to PTI, I have not found a company that has stamps that even come close to their innovative designs. I don't color nor own any Copic markers, and I really like that with their multi step stamps you can add color and depth to your images by just using different color inks.

Do I worry that I may have a problem with my order and that it may not be resolved to my satisfaction in the future? Yes, but for now at least that doesn't keep me from ordering. I like their product enough that I'm willing to take a chance, and I'm sure there are many more people like me. And that is at least in part why Papertrey Ink is still in business.

I may be naive, but I'm still hopeful that they might eventually improve their customer service issues.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #438
Polyshrink Goddess

Marele, yours is a really good answer to my question. Thanks so much for your response.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #439
Polyshrink Goddess

I've also heard that no publicity is bad publicity. There may be people that have never heard of Papertrey before this thread and others like it and decided to check them out. After seeing the designs, they took their chances and ordered.

Barbara
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #440
Polyshrink Goddess

RiverIsis, I think we have a good answer: it's the popularity of the products along with people's willingness to gamble. As long as popular tastes don't change, they're in business. I'm cautious and won't gamble a cent of my hard earned money, and my tastes are inconsistent and all over the place so I'll stay away. Their poor customer service saves them a ton of money, and they know their market well enough to gamble on their products' popularity. What their business practices do to them as individuals, we can't know. Only rare individuals are able to see what goes around comes around in a personal sense.