Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #361
Matboard Maniac

Thanks DeeAnn! I'm not at all tech savvy, but you explained what you do very well, and I understand the concept. It sounds like a great idea to keep a computer running smoothly. That said, back to PTI. I keep reading this thread, hoping that something wonderful will have happened at PTI, and I can place an order. I've only ordered a few times and had no problems, but that was before the new website. I don't have the patience to endure cart dumping or double orders, and if I had a problem with the order heaven help me. It all sounds too stressful.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #362
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter Gypsy View Post
Wow, I think PTI needs to hire you!
Thank you for the sweet compliment. I won't work for PTI, ROFL!

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 06-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #363
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperManipulator View Post
Thanks DeeAnn! I'm not at all tech savvy, but you explained what you do very well, and I understand the concept. It sounds like a great idea to keep a computer running smoothly. That said, back to PTI. I keep reading this thread, hoping that something wonderful will have happened at PTI, and I can place an order. I've only ordered a few times and had no problems, but that was before the new website. I don't have the patience to endure cart dumping or double orders, and if I had a problem with the order heaven help me. It all sounds too stressful.
With significant DT members of PTI moving to GinaK I'm hoping in time GinaK ends up buying them out. If PTI were smart they would already be selling up their business at top dollar before there is too much damage but I don't think they will. It will get desperate. Someone will get those designs and stock at a knockdown price in the future. And yes I think they will be worth something because they do "clean and classic" very well.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #364
Polyshrink Goddess

oh my, gina k blended with PTI...how wonderful. do you hear that gina? i know she follows splitcoast forums....she is so very nice, her company has great Card Stock and Customer Service (the two CS's)....i do not purchase many stamps because they are either in large sets or just too cutesy for me....but i would LOVE to start if she has more of the PTI-like feel in the future

i wonder if PTI follows this....you would think if so, they would have made some changes already !! i no longer visit their forum since it was waaaay too defensive and snarky or place orders .... but i do love their stuff.

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #365
Compulsive Stamper

I am not a fan of GinaK's current style, but if she brings on new designers I will definitely keep an open mind. I enjoy buying from companies who appreciate my business and work hard to make my shopping experience a joy rather than a nightmare.

Hoping for good things in this regard.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #366
Polyshrink Goddess

I have never really looked at Gina K stamps for the sole reason that they are rubber. I love clear stamps and a lot of Papertrey's stamps appeal to me style wise. Now that Gina K offers clear stamps and is adding some new designers to the mix, I will definitely be keeping my eyes out.

I only know of Gina through SCS and recently from Facebook but she absolutely is someone that I would love to support. She comes across as being very kind and generous and full of integrity.

Barbara
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #367
Pearl-ExPert

Gina is a sweetie. She is one of the sweetest people in the crafting community. I have never ordered from her business. I do like her products.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #368
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, Gina is a genuine person, a real classy lady. She knows how to treat her customers!

I was hoping that PTI would have turned around, but it seems that instead of sincerely looking at the problems that they have made of their own poor business decisions, they have taken an arrogant, combative, defensive, self-centered attitude towards the many complaints about their customer service. I thought before that they may have just been in denial, but I do not believe so now. I would assume that they do read these forums as well as their own, so they know all to well what people post and their feelings about PTI.

Many people who have complained about the CS/business issues have expressed their desire for PTI to turn around and suceed because they truely like their products. They have valid issues and it isn't "looking for the worst", when the customers have given them many chances and have been patient, even continued to be customers while waiting for the multiple issues to be corrected. It isn't "looking for the worst" when you speak the truth. It has to do with the intent and motive to harm that is "looking for the worst". I would say that the majority of these customers were hoping and 'looking for the best' from PTI so that the could continue BEING customers.

It seems from the past and recent posts that this is the way that they choose to do their business and the more people complain the more they choose to do react in the same manner. It is like a child who, when is called on the carpet for bad behaviour, says "It's not my fault, it's YOUR'S, you are unfair, you can't tell me how to act, your are worse. . . ", and then they, in defiance, continue and up the ante of bad behavior. Some cannot bring themselves to humbly and sincerely say, "I was wrong", and then have the courage to change. They instead respond with defiant arrogance to the many problems they have created.

In this economy, and one so unstable, you would think that they would undertand that crafting supplies are not a "need" but a "want" and that it isn't a privilege to purchase them (from them), it is a privilege for them (PTI) to have customers that like and enjoy their product. That could change, and those "want" purchases could be crossed off the list for "needs" easily because the hard earned money to purchase them may not be there as readily.

Sad to see the continued problems and attitude towards them.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #369
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea777 View Post
Yes, Gina is a genuine person, a real classy lady. She knows how to treat her customers!

I was hoping that PTI would have turned around, but it seems that instead of sincerely looking at the problems that they have made of their own poor business decisions, they have taken an arrogant, combative, defensive, self-centered attitude towards the many complaints about their customer service. I thought before that they may have just been in denial, but I do not believe so now. I would assume that they do read these forums as well as their own, so they know all to well what people post and their feelings about PTI.

Many people who have complained about the CS/business issues have expressed their desire for PTI to turn around and suceed because they truely like their products. They have valid issues and it isn't "looking for the worst", when the customers have given them many chances and have been patient, even continued to be customers while waiting for the multiple issues to be corrected. It isn't "looking for the worst" when you speak the truth. It has to do with the intent and motive to harm that is "looking for the worst". I would say that the majority of these customers were hoping and 'looking for the best' from PTI so that the could continue BEING customers.

It seems from the past and recent posts that this is the way that they choose to do their business and the more people complain the more they choose to do react in the same manner. It is like a child who, when is called on the carpet for bad behaviour, says "It's not my fault, it's YOUR'S, you are unfair, you can't tell me how to act, your are worse. . . ", and then they, in defiance, continue and up the ante of bad behavior. Some cannot bring themselves to humbly and sincerely say, "I was wrong", and then have the courage to change. They instead respond with defiant arrogance to the many problems they have created.

In this economy, and one so unstable, you would think that they would undertand that crafting supplies are not a "need" but a "want" and that it isn't a privilege to purchase them (from them), it is a privilege for them (PTI) to have customers that like and enjoy their product. That could change, and those "want" purchases could be crossed off the list for "needs" easily because the hard earned money to purchase them may not be there as readily.

Sad to see the continued problems and attitude towards them.
Agree. ^^^^
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #370
Polyshrink Goddess

well said sea777 !

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #371
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

WOW! I really appreciate the time that people have taken here to express themselves. I love their products so have tried to over look their shortcomings but seeing all this here leaves me discouraged about them changing. I just love their products but....I guess even though there are many items on my wish list I am going to get my anniversary set and stop buying from them. I hope they see the similarity in the experience that people are talking about here and change because I would definitely go back.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #372
Die Cut Diva

Unbelievable this type of thread is still going strong......How hard can it be to get a grip on customer service?
I had an issue with PTI a couple years ago, myself. I was buying their products like crazy... afterwards I ebayed 99% of my PTI products.....

Here is the "old" thread.

Papertrey ink frustration product.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #373
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampininthesun View Post
Unbelievable this type of thread is still going strong......How hard can it be to get a grip on customer service?
I had an issue with PTI a couple years ago, myself. I was buying their products like crazy... afterwards I ebayed 99% of my PTI products.....

Here is the "old" thread.

Papertrey ink frustration product.
I clicked on the link and read a page or two of the posts, then went to the last page of the thread. It sounds EXACTLY like this one, and it's TWO YEARS OLD! They were saying back then, "I hope that PTI is paying attention to this thread" and "Hopefully they'll listen and make the appropriate changes". TWO YEARS LATER NOTHING HAS CHANGED (for the better, at least)!!! How long can you flog a dead horse? Sheesh!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #374
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
I clicked on the link and read a page or two of the posts, then went to the last page of the thread. It sounds EXACTLY like this one, and it's TWO YEARS OLD! They were saying back then, "I hope that PTI is paying attention to this thread" and "Hopefully they'll listen and make the appropriate changes". TWO YEARS LATER NOTHING HAS CHANGED (for the better, at least)!!! How long can you flog a dead horse? Sheesh!
Exactly!!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #375
Proud Fan Club Member

Some things have changed!! I refer to this quote from the last page of that thread you've linked:

"I'm actually quite thankful and impressed that a company would set up and maintain an open forum board where you can freely (yet respectfully) express your concerns and that the owner personally takes the time to answer our questions."

Concerns are no longer freely (yet respectfully) discussed on their "open" forum.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #376
Crimping Master

LOL, I just ordered something from them recently and remembered why I stopped. Many years and it all remains the same...... Never again

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #377
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
kolling143 said...

Hmmm.....I haven't used mine yet but I recently returned a bloom builder die for a replacement for these same issues and they promptly sent the SAME one back with a letter saying they couldn't find anything wrong! Also included, was ways to make it cut completely. I'd already tried those things! I hope my hexagon die works!! Fingers crossed!
Quote:
JenCarter said...

I remember when we were at your house and you and Laurie & I tried EVERY combination possible (shims and shims and more shims, metal shim plate, different cutting plates, etc) and even tried new plates! It never worked. I am so sad to hear that they sent back the same die. Really, really sad! I thought that their dies had lifetime guarantees?

This is an all new low for PTI! They don't even back their product!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #378
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara32ca View Post
I have never really looked at Gina K stamps for the sole reason that they are rubber. I love clear stamps and a lot of Papertrey's stamps appeal to me style wise. Now that Gina K offers clear stamps and is adding some new designers to the mix, I will definitely be keeping my eyes out.

I only know of Gina through SCS and recently from Facebook but she absolutely is someone that I would love to support. She comes across as being very kind and generous and full of integrity.

Barbara
Hi Barbara, from another Barbara!

As you said, the big news from Gina K in the last couple of months--all their new sets are available in your choice of rubber or CLEAR! I've ordered from them before, but no stamp sets. And I don't have any clear stamps, because I've heard that they don't produce crisp detail like deeply etched rubber. But I've watched some of Gina's great videos, and it looks way easier to place your image/greeting with the clear stamps. I use a Stamp-a-ma-Jig a lot and happily. but this looks *so* much easier.

As for the style, I haven't been moved to order until the release just a day or two ago of the Tropical Nature set designed by Theresa Momber. Wow! It is beautiful. So I'm thinking of breaking down and ordering it in clear, to give clear stamps a try!
Color Challenge Guest Hostess May-August 2014
QFTD215
Old 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #379
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hmmm.....I haven't used mine yet but I recently returned a bloom builder die for a replacement for these same issues and they promptly sent the SAME one back with a letter saying they couldn't find anything wrong! Also included, was ways to make it cut completely. I'd already tried those things! I hope my hexagon die works!! Fingers crossed!
Quote:
Why, why, WHY would anyone continue to order from a company that did this? I don't believe in blaming the victim normally, but if I have a restaurant that I really enjoy eating at, even though I have heard from multiple people that they have some problems with safe food handling, the first time I feel crummy after eating there, I stop. And if I didn't stop, then I'd have to shoulder at least some part of the blame the next time they made me sick.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #380
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
Wander how long before this thread is locked or deleted??
Old 06-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #381
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm really puzzled by the whole thing with the dies.

I'm curious about the person who said she sent it back only to have it returned to her once again with suggestions. She doesn't say that she contacted customer service before returning it. If she had contacted "customer service" before sending it back, they could have simply passed along those suggestions for her to try, and if it still did not work for her, then replace it.

I guess the part of the story that's missing for me is whether or not she asked about it before returning it. But I also do know that the scenario I described is what most good stores would do, so maybe doesn't apply here.

At least as disturbing as the lack of CS, is that the person had this much trouble and still purchased another die. "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice..." right?

This is a great comment from the PTI forum, too:

Quote:
"InkOnMyFace Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:25 am
These issues with dies not cutting perfectly would take some of the joy out of my crafting. And the fact that there isn't one hard/fast combo of shims that give the same results each time with every die seems way too labor intensive. I wonder if the manufacturer needs to do something differently to help customers avoid the "guess how many shims this particular die takes" drama.

My spellbinders dies cut perfectly. Every Time. With a shim or without. With warped bowed plates or with brand spanking new. Face up or down."
Very well said - it shouldn't be so complicated and unpredictable.

Now that PTI knows there are issues with the dies, I think at the VERY LEAST they need to make an effort to see that customers get those "suggestions" for how to use them before/when they purchase. Then expect that they've tried everything and stop this mailing back and forth - if it doesn't work, replace it. And talk to the manufacturer about it and stop selling them until you have some quality control.

Yeah, right. Again, SOP seems to be rocket science there.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #382
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoyce View Post
Hi Barbara, from another Barbara!

As you said, the big news from Gina K in the last couple of months--all their new sets are available in your choice of rubber or CLEAR! I've ordered from them before, but no stamp sets. And I don't have any clear stamps, because I've heard that they don't produce crisp detail like deeply etched rubber. But I've watched some of Gina's great videos, and it looks way easier to place your image/greeting with the clear stamps. I use a Stamp-a-ma-Jig a lot and happily. but this looks *so* much easier.

As for the style, I haven't been moved to order until the release just a day or two ago of the Tropical Nature set designed by Theresa Momber. Wow! It is beautiful. So I'm thinking of breaking down and ordering it in clear, to give clear stamps a try!
Do it! I have ordered quite a lot from GinaK over the years. I have also won several free stamp sets and earned free sets with purchases. I am an A Muse Studio consultant now, so I'm not buying stamps from other companies, but I would highly recommend GinaK and will most likely wind up purchasing from her again at some time. If you haven't checked her line out lately, take a look. It's actually fairly diverse. She doesn't have weird artsy stamps or characters without mouths, but she has lots of other stuff ranging from classic, realistic art to cute and whimsical.

As for PTI, I've ordered from them several times and never had trouble. I have a lot of their dies, and they all work perfectly. I know I've been lucky. I have always found their website an absolutely cumbersome, inelegant nightmare to navigate. All these current issues in this thread are not new, as has been pointed out. I most likely won't order again, on principal.

Finally, if you love the matching stamps/dies, there are so many awesome companies doing them right now, including several past and present SCS member companies. Non SCS member companies I love are Waltzing Mouse (PLEASE get an American distributor so I don't have to pay and arm and a leg anymore!), and Just Rite. And even A Muse Studio has a very nice but small selection. Support companies who deserve your support!
My A Muse Studio
Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #383
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl View Post
Do it! I have ordered quite a lot from GinaK over the years. I have also won several free stamp sets and earned free sets with purchases. I am an A Muse Studio consultant now, so I'm not buying stamps from other companies, but I would highly recommend GinaK and will most likely wind up purchasing from her again at some time. If you haven't checked her line out lately, take a look. It's actually fairly diverse. She doesn't have weird artsy stamps or characters without mouths, but she has lots of other stuff ranging from classic, realistic art to cute and whimsical.

As for PTI, I've ordered from them several times and never had trouble. I have a lot of their dies, and they all work perfectly. I know I've been lucky. I have always found their website an absolutely cumbersome, inelegant nightmare to navigate. All these current issues in this thread are not new, as has been pointed out. I most likely won't order again, on principal.

Finally, if you love the matching stamps/dies, there are so many awesome companies doing them right now, including several past and present SCS member companies. Non SCS member companies I love are Waltzing Mouse (PLEASE get an American distributor so I don't have to pay and arm and a leg anymore!), and Just Rite. And even A Muse Studio has a very nice but small selection. Support companies who deserve your support!
LOL, thank you for asking - you may be interested to know we're working on American distribution....
Old 06-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #384
Kookie Creator

Well, either the server is causing problems again or posts have been dropped or deleted as the posts being quoted by Kolling143 & JenCarter are no longer actually shown as posts - only seen as quotes in others' posts. I also didn't get email subscription notification of those posts when they posted.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #385
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltzingmouse View Post
LOL, thank you for asking - you may be interested to know we're working on American distribution....
THANK GOODNESS! I ADORE your stamps! And I need more!
My A Muse Studio
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #386
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippet View Post
Well, either the server is causing problems again or posts have been dropped or deleted as the posts being quoted by Kolling143 & JenCarter are no longer actually shown as posts - only seen as quotes in others' posts. I also didn't get email subscription notification of those posts when they posted.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Those were quotes from the PTI forum not from this thread.

Ami
Old 06-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #387
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Those were quotes from the PTI forum not from this thread.

Ami
Same here. I should have clarified better, too.
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #388
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl View Post
THANK GOODNESS! I ADORE your stamps! And I need more!

Me too! LOL
Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #389
Matboard Maniac

I usually order enough to get free shipping from WMS so it won't really affect me.... But you are always a gem for thinking of your customers Claire!!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #390
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
This would be wonderful! As soon as you make the announcement, I will be placing a large order.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #391
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
That is the best news since this PTI thread started. ! I can't wait to make a big order. I love your stamps.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #392
TTB
Rubber Obsessor

Default Waltzingmouse

Quote:
Claire,
I am so thrilled! I don't order because of the cost of shipping to the US either. Not your fault obviously.
TTB
Old 06-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #393
Pearl-ExPert

I suggest Claire have some extra help on hand when she makes the announcement! There's going to be a deluge!
My A Muse Studio
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #394
Proud Fan Club Member

I love WMS and usually get free shipping too, so not a problem!! Be sure to check out the current release sneak peeks .
artwork designed for
Inky Antics
Old 06-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #395
Polyshrink Goddess

lol, cheers ladies!!yep I will be making a big noise about it!!! thank you all so much for the encouragement!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #396
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm certainly glad that a dear friend of mine directed me to check out this thread the other day when I mentioned that I was looking for a new stamp company and was thinking of trying out Paper Trey Ink. WOWZERS! What a mess. I read as much as I could and then purposely skipped to the last few pages to see if anything had changed and apparently it hasn't. The online companies I currently order from have awesome customer service and shipping times and I could never deal with all this nonsense.

So my thoughts have now moved on to Gina K Designs but I'm disappointed that for the price not all the sets are pre-cut. The one I especially am attracted to by Nina Brackett has to be trimmed. I have one set of theirs that a friend gave me and the rubber is not very thick so with that and the fact that you have to trim it yourself I think they are a little pricey. I realize they are doing all their newer sets in clear or pre-cut rubber but that isn't helping me for the older sets I'm interested in.

However, I can hear from you ladies that no matter what I decide I will not experience the horrors of customer service and shipping problems that is taking place at PTI.

Thanks for all your honesty.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #397
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptician View Post
I'm certainly glad that a dear friend of mine directed me to check out this thread the other day when I mentioned that I was looking for a new stamp company and was thinking of trying out Paper Trey Ink. WOWZERS! What a mess. I read as much as I could and then purposely skipped to the last few pages to see if anything had changed and apparently it hasn't. The online companies I currently order from have awesome customer service and shipping times and I could never deal with all this nonsense.

So my thoughts have now moved on to Gina K Designs but I'm disappointed that for the price not all the sets are pre-cut. The one I especially am attracted to by Nina Brackett has to be trimmed. I have one set of theirs that a friend gave me and the rubber is not very thick so with that and the fact that you have to trim it yourself I think they are a little pricey. I realize they are doing all their newer sets in clear or pre-cut rubber but that isn't helping me for the older sets I'm interested in.

However, I can hear from you ladies that no matter what I decide I will not experience the horrors of customer service and shipping problems that is taking place at PTI.

Thanks for all your honesty.
I've been a PTI customer for 5 years and I have NEVER had a problem with customer service or their products.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #398
Compulsive Stamper

I really like Paper Trey stamps and product, and I have bought from them since the first set of stamps were released.

I have had a couple of customer service issues in the last 12 months, which were ultimately resolved. I still order from them and have had 2 uneventful orders since those issues were cleared.

I do believe that the business model, with most of the sales happening within a few days each month, might not be the best model for them anymore due to the growth that they have had.

I'm hoping that this company can take steps to resolve some of the website and customer service issues that they have, so that they can go on to inspire confidence in all of their customers again.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #399
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got an email that Lisa Johnson is joining My Favorite Things.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #400
Die Cut Diva

Excited to see her designs at Mft!