Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2005, 03:45 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiskars 12x12 cutter, what do you think ??

I am thinking about getting this and I actually have a M coupon for 50% off valid only tomorrow, will I really use it as much as I think I will, or am I just obsessed because I have the coupon, Right now I have a Fiskars cutter that is much larger and this one looks so much more portable. Do you have one and do you love it and think that it was money well spent,, I hate to waste M coupons!!!! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I have no idea about the cutter - but I am glad that you reminded me about the Micheal's coupon for tomorrow morning!

I also want to get some of the 74¢ 12x12 craft keepers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Coupon

I think there is a 50% off coupon for Saturday morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I have the fiskers 12 x 12 and recently bought the CARL Cutter (big one). I liked my fiskers but didn't like the fact that I couldn't cut "bulk". To get ready for a demo or stamp camp I was cutting forever. With the CARL cutter I can cut up to 15 sheets at once. Now, I will say the down side to the CARL cutter is it does not, and I mean does not, cut small pieces. The 12 x 12 fiskers does.

So . . . depending on if you are cutting mega quantity, or just hobby might help you make your decision. I used my fiskers for 2 years before investing in the CARL. The price is almost 3x as much. Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

I have a few of the Fiskars. The large rotary one and the personal one. I like the personal one, but it's not the greatest. Leaves my edges a little fuzzy, even with a new blade. I've heard alot of great things about the Carl cutter, but I've not used one.

marlo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

My Fiskars 12 x12 started cutting crooked and leaving feathers so I called them after reading some posts here saying the same thing. The customer service person told me I was the first to say that it had faults but they replaced it for free within a week. Well being the anal person I am I right away sent the old one home with my niece........ and the new one cuts worse than the old one. Wish I could justify spending the money on a more expensive cutter, but I am not even a demo just a stampin addict
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 05:14 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default fiskars

Are you referring to the guilliotine cutter? I purchased one recently, and it cut the first few sheets fine. I can only cut 2 pieces of cardstock, however, not the 10 that were advertised.

After cutting for a few times, it doesn't cut straight or completely. Kind of chews the paper off on the last 1/3 of the paper. I'm disappointed.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I am actually talking about the sliding cutter, my upline had one and it looked pretty cool, it has a ruler that slides out from the side, I have had the other type with the handle that comes down (too tired to attempt to spell guilitine LOL I know thats wrong !! ) and I find they dont cut to well But this one seemed too, maybe I will save up for a CARL cutter, where can you get those? I don't think I have ever heard of them before
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 06:24 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like my 12x12 for small, personal "quickie" projects or for toting to crops, but do have a much larger tabletop one for massive heavy-duty cutting (mass production of holiday cards, etc.)

I think you will like the 12x12 for personal use. It does a pretty good job for non-heavy duty projects. Since I no longer demo, I use my 12x12 a lot more often than my tabletop industrial cutter.

For $10 (with coupon), it's worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

love it!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I have the big rotary Fiskars cutter. I love it. I used my coupon too. I have not had any problems with it not cutting well. There is a 4-sided cutting strip under the blade that you rotate around....I just turned mine tonight & it has a rut in the first side I have used it so much :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I have the carl trimmer and love it! I have to confess I had no idea of the brand name until I was reading these posts. had to run to my craftroom and check it out. I have had it for about 3 years.

My mom bought this for me on qvc and they are still selling it. i put he link on i don't know if it works..first time trying that. just go to crafts and then tools.i think it is about $45 with s&h. you could buy extra blades for it too. althought the blades are at most scrapbooking shops now.

www.qvc.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:23 PM   #13  
Inking Addict

I have the Fiskars 12 inch cutter that came with the scoring blade. It has different inserts to cut angles and strips. It has a swing out arm on each side. I'm a scrapbooker turned stamper, and it's fine for me. I like the angle grid and the scoring blade. The only thing I wish this one had, is the ruler on the rails of the cutter. That would really help when cutting windows. I think this one was $40 in Mike's and I too used a 50% coupon.

Visit My Gallery

Kelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:40 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

I have a rotary fiskars....it is REally Cool!!!! I take it to stamp camps, and the like, it has its own tote bag...well one I had that it fit in......I got mine from Joann.com...with their discount....don't remember how much.... but I like it lots.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:51 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Default 12x12 cutter

Hi, If you're talking about the 12x12 that comes with the black scoring blade and the swing arm, that costs between 24.99-29.99, it's worth it,
it's great for bringing to crops and stamping nights. It's also great for the scoring blade. I also have the 15" Carl Cutter with the rotary blade. I have the scoring blade for the Carl, but have not used it. I do my big cutting jobs with the Carl and score with the Fiskars. I was recommended the Carl by a woman who had a booth at a Scrapbook/Rubber Stamp Expo. It was $50 at the store I bought it at. They didn't sell them anywhere else here yet. I also don't know how to add a link, but if you go to WWW.EVERAFTERARTS.COM they sell all the Carl Cutters, and have free shipping over $30. So my advice is save for the Carl, but get the Fiskars with the scoring blade for now. Good luck and happy stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

My 12" Fiskars trimmer never seem to cut straight either, so I bought a Carl portable 12" rotary trimmer. I've seen them at Staples for cheaper than at my local scrapping store. It works fine for daily projects.
I also have the Fiskars rotary trimmer and love it, It slways cuts a straight line nice and clean. It is too big to carry with you to parties, but is great for home use. My DH even uses it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

I have 3 of them and not one cuts straight !!!!!! it drives me insane! my friend just purchased the new CM 12" personal trimmer. it retails for about $ 30 in canada, and it actually cuts straight! I think that the straight cut is worth the money and will be investing in this soon, too bad they don't take M's coupons! ha!ha!
Reply With Quote Likes