Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2004, 12:47 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final count for Northwoods gathering

Our final count for the Northwoods SCS gathering is 36. Cut and bring enough shoebox swap supplies for 35 people.(don't need supplies for yourself )
If you would like to bring bars/ cookies that is great.
See everyone on the 16th!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2004, 02:11 AM   #2  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

whooo hoooo 35 peeps is a lot, but no problem!! Lana is going so who wouldn't want to go right??? hehehehe
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 02:01 AM   #3  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

OMG IT IS IN 5 DAYS!!! And you know what.. I still don't have the stamps I ordered for my shoebox swap The order was placed on 9/27 and the hostess still DON"T HAVE THEM!! I don't know what I am going to do!
Also are the cards you all are swapping (not shoebox) just fronts or did you do full cards since only 35 there???
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 03:03 AM   #4  
HB
Mad Swapper

Kar,
You need to have a little faith LOL...
I was stressing too, but my order came Saturday and I got everything done yesterday (although it helped that I have such a cold that I was really too sick to do anything else in the house ).
I can't WAIT to meet everyone - this is going to be SOOOOOO much fun!
Carol

My SCS gallery: HB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 03:18 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 176 Likes on 55 Posts

Is everyone bringing supplies for 35 swaps? Will we have time to do 35 shoebox swaps from 3:00 to whenever? If you figure 10 minutes a card, which I think is pretty short, considering we'll be chatting, eating, etc, that would take 6 hours! Is this going to be an all-nighter? :lol: Does anyone have experience with shoebox swaps that might be able to give us an estimate of how many we might be able to do in an evening?

I don't want to miss out on anyone's swap, because I'm sure they're all going to be awesome and so much fun! But I don't want to make supplies for 35 and have a bunch of leftover "parts" because we ran out of time. I suppose I could just bring 20-25 and when I'm done, I'm done, but I don't want to leave anyone out either. So....is everyone going to do 35?

Kar - I placed an order on on 9/27 and it is supposed to come today. Being that we're both in WI, hopefully yours will come today too! But don't feel like you're behind. I haven't even decided on a design! I better get movin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 05:28 AM   #6  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Well I called my demo, same one as my girlfriends party. She said it is scheduled to be delivered today!!! But a few things are on backorder. Forgot to ask if it was mine :( Oh well... I think I will make a few extra's just in case we need more??? We could always stamp the things and take them home and assemble them too, that might be an idea? I know I can't stay long, my vehicle has been acting up and I don't want to be stranded somewhere to late at night

Does anyone know of someone that CAN'T make it Saturday?? My demo, soon to be upline would love to come because her plans for this weekend fell through, her DH might have other plans but they might not work either! ;)
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 05:50 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

jreks: Don't be late!!! It starts at 1:00pm!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. There are 3 of us going together and staying for the night, so..... if we HAVE to stamp all night, then I guess we'll just HAVE to stamp all night!!! Ah geez.......LOL

See you soon!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 06:23 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I am sooooo jealous of all of you getting together :mrgreen:

I'm really sad that I don't get to go

I hope everyone has a great time....and we want to see what everyone made bright and early on Sunday morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 07:17 AM   #9  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Well unfortunately I have to come home Saturday night so if I get home early enough I will be posting some pics by then!! I am so excited, have my digital camera batteries all charged up and ready to go

My shoebox swaps are going to be easy enough to do in 10 or 15 minutes (I think, need to time it when I get my stamp sets), so everyone can get on to the next one
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I have created my shoe box swap in my head back in the second week of Sept., ordered the stamps by the end of Sept. and they will be here on thurs.
Anyway I was checking out the gallery yesterday and I saw something very simalar shees now I must modify.But I must say great minds think alike.
4 of us are driving up togeather and we can't wait to meet everyone :!: And sherades or kookie do you know what time we can check in to our rooms?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 10:25 AM   #11  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

hmmm never thought of looking in the gallery to see if the idea is taken... I sort of worked it out through MSN messenger with PJBstamper one night, guess will have to check it out... What stamp set are you using?? I think I am using A Beautiful Season or Yuletide Montage.. gotta figure that out for sure.. running out of time ;)

Usually you can check into your rooms by 1PM I might be wrong but that is usually the policy of most hotels. I do know you can swim at the waterpark till 10 PM and start again at 8AM the next morning till 8PM that night for the price of your room Oh ya and it is a non smoking facility if that matters to anyone?? And no pets allowed.. If you want to call and ask they do have a toll free number it is 1-888-365-6343 they will tell you for sure
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 11:05 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm using the pointsettia wheel and now maybe that stamp that goes with the christmas wheels, modifications may make the original idea better, I'll have to do some fast samples thurs. night! sorry you can't stay over night I hope the rest of us can keep ourselfs under control :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 01:23 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies.
I am finally done with my brothers wedding and can work on my swap and shoes box cards. Yes you heard me, they are not done BUT in my head waiting to get done. I just cut my stamps apart and will be doing that tonight provided my cold or whatever I seem to have works with me

Swap cards AND shoes box swap cards are FULL cards. No fronts for anything please. It is my understanding that everyone will be participating in the shoe box swap. It will not work if you only plan to do 10-20 cards for the shoebox swap. People will end up getting shorted and going home with lots of extra precut supplies. They are to be simple cards and since the gathering starts at 1:00 and we have the room till 10, I think :? , we should have plenty of time to do all the cards. Some will go fast and others may take a little more time. Plus if there are questions, there will always be someone to help you out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 01:45 PM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

just to give you an idea on time...

our demo group of 8 people has been working on a technique book and each took a technique and treated it like a shoebox swap.. so everyone made their own pages.. we would do 8 at a meeting and for 8 of us to rotate through 8 stations it was about an hour. I think we can get all the shoeboxes in with the time we have of course theres gonna be a lot of chit chatting going on.. and thats gonna be fun too!!!

I can't wait!!

Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 04:24 PM   #15  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I only have 6 hours 7 tops before I have to leave!!! :shock: I need to get home at a reasonable time in case my vehicle quits on me and I have to call my DH to come rescue me
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 04:57 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, I'm such a pinhead sometimes! I don't know why I had it in my head that it starts at 1:00. Duh!!

I'll bring stuff for 35! It's going to be so much fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 05:29 PM   #17  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Oh, I'm such a pinhead sometimes! I don't know why I had it in my head that it starts at 1:00. Duh!!
It does start at 1... you said 3 in earlier post!! That would be to late for me I need to get home by 8 or 9 at the latest!! lol
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 05:40 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

OK, OK, it's been a really long day. I promise I'll be there at 1:00 with 35 shoebox swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 06:15 PM   #19  
Hot Mess

I am soooo jealous!! You guys need to post all cards and pics on here when it is over!

Amy "Pro" K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2004, 06:31 PM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Totally off topic here, but what has happened to Schrades? I never see her posting here anymore. I often think of her giving herself stitches--that was her, wasn't it? And didn't she get this Northwoods gathering started?
Wish I could be there, but it is my DD's birthday that day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 02:27 AM   #21  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

while I am thinking about it, is anyone coming down HWY 29 heading to Wausau Saturday?? Just in case I break down they can pick me up rofl I need to get DD to Thorp first (wrong direction but she will get there!) then drop the boys off somewhere so they don't kill each other. I plan on leaving here (my house) by 11 so that I can stop at Michael's before I get to The Lodge.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 05:59 AM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamamissy
Totally off topic here, but what has happened to Schrades? I never see her posting here anymore. And didn't she get this Northwoods gathering started?
We for sure have Schrades to thank for getting this gathering started! She started a new job and it takes up most of her time and remember she has 4 kids to fit into a days schedule too and of course they are all in different directions. I have been trying to be her got to gal since her computer completely crashed a few weeks ago but I can assure you that she misses everyone here and is really looking forward to this weekend.

Kar- sounds like we may be seeing you come in on a horse and buggy! Car issues are never fun. Just give old betsy a kick in the rear and make it be known that you HAVE TO BE IN WAUSAU Saturday. [/b]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 07:09 AM   #23  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

uhmmmm Kookie.. my neighbors ALL drive that and it dont' look like fun!! Especially when it is as cold as it is suppose to be on Saturday.. brrrrrrrrr. Oh well, hope I make it there and back is all I gotta say. If anyone is driving along Hwy 29 eastbound and sees a Red 4 door GMC Jimmy on the side of the road STOP!!! If my demo would have been able to get in on this she would have drove! lol

oh almost forgot my swap cards are 3/4 done, had to do something so that I wasn't stuck doing ALL of the cards once my stamps came in. Didn't realize how much cardstock it took though :( Not sure if can do all same color for shoebox, but will do same shade of whatever color if I have to :(
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 07:59 AM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

lol Kar I will keep my eyes open for you on the side of the road on my over from MN!!

I finally figured out my swap card.. so thats what I am making today and then I have to put my shoebox together.

Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar
Didn't realize how much cardstock it took though :( Not sure if can do all same color for shoebox, but will do same shade of whatever color if I have to :(
If it makes you feel any better, I have a workshop friday night that is THO/ 3 projects, plus the gathering cards, so my cardstock supply is going to get hit hard. But I figured I would use two or three different colors on the cards, so if need be, I could do some in one color and some in one of the coordinating colors. Same design just a diferent background color.
Have to improvise sometimes ya know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 01:16 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Kar I hope all red s10's are not POS :shock: I'll be comming either wb on 29 or nb on 51/39 in a red s10 blazer mine should be good, you know used car guys stuff never brakes down :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #27  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

lol... got DH trying to get my defroster fixed.. will need it on the drive back Saturday night since it is so cold. It hasn't worked in a few weeks now he is thinking about fixing it!! :( Always waits till the last minute. I still don't have my new stamps for the shoebox swap yet either :( But on the bright side almost done with my swaps!! It took a lot of time but got them almost done
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 03:15 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

My defroster works tested it out last night on the way home from Wisc. Rapids and I learned a funky thing...... even the outside mirrors defrost I'll be cutting the cs for my shoe box tonight my stamps aren't here yet either but sis promised on thurs but since she lives in Sheboygan I'll have to wait till sat. when I pick her up on the way. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 08:40 PM   #29  
Inking Addict

You all are so organized!! I haven't even come up with my card for the shoe box swap yet!! I have a large order coming tomorrow with lots of things for me!!! I figured I would wait until tomorrow or thurs. to get it done!! Always the last minute for me!! I have lots of CS coming too so I should be okay on that-hopefully! I am looking forward to meeting all you creative women!! See you all Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #30  
Inking Addict

Kookie-
I plan on bringing bars or something on Saturday also if you still need "treats". Let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 01:55 AM   #31  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

OMG so caught up in the shoebox and regular swap cards almost forgot to get something done for the lottery!!! Hmmmm better work on that this morning so that is done too!!! All I got left is my shoebox swaps!! Hmmmm I don't have a shoebox here... lol.. I will borrow the kids clear one from their room ;)
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 03:35 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

I still have not done mine either. I have the ideas in my head but sometimes when on the paper it just doesn't look as good! Hopefully, I don't have to do that much changing. I only have today and tomorrow. On Friday I am off to the pumpkin patch with my 6 year old. She has a birthday on the 18th and is having her big school birthday party, so I also need to get her invites out this week (25 kids in the class!!!) But why am I complaining because that just means - I HAVE to stamp the next two days - like that upsets me!!!

I can also bring some bars. How about pumpkin bars or zucchini brownies (these are excellent)!

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 03:57 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK - I had to jump in here, too! Like a lot of other people, I am just going to be putting my shoebox cards together today! And, I STILL have to decide which card to do! I got an idea from a swap that is just fantastic, but it's not an "original" idea. Then, I came up with a card all by myself that I also really like, but it uses a set that's been around the block and then some - botanicals. One is a winter card, one is a fall card. What to do, what to do?! I think I will have to sit down with supplies from each idea and time myself and whichever card I can make the quickest, I should probably do.
I am driving up with my sweet girls and dear hubby on Friday. I think I am going to work on Christmas cards Friday night. Is there anyone else that wants to stamp with me - maybe poolside? I drink whiskey sevens but I promise I won't get rowdy on you! My rowdy days are long over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 03:59 AM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

OMG! OMG! It's Wednesday...just have to get through a few more days and it will be SATURDAY! I can't believe The Gathering is almost here!

I am so excited. I feel like a kid (OK an old kid!) going to meet her pen-pals. We are going to have so much fun.

Shoebox is ready and I'm working on a swap idea.

I fly in Friday afternoon so if anyone is coming over early...Look me up!

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 04:24 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Holy Moly - I think I'm out of the loop here. I thought all we had to do was a shoebox swap! We are doing swap cards, too??? I hope that is optional because I will no way have cards available to swap! Please fill me in!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 04:31 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedystamper
Holy Moly - I think I'm out of the loop here. I thought all we had to do was a shoebox swap! We are doing swap cards, too??? I hope that is optional because I will no way have cards available to swap! Please fill me in!!
I do believe swaps are optional. But if you do decide to do some, they have requested full cards not just card fronts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedystamper
Is there anyone else that wants to stamp with me - maybe poolside?
I'll be there Friday...give me a call when you are ready...if I'm not around, I'll look for someone stamping by the pool ...And a little rowdy is OK by me

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 04:36 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah!! I'm so glad swaps outside of the shoebox swap are optional. I was almost having a heart attack! Yes, look me up by the pool Friday night. We plan to arrive at the hotel around 4pm. I'll have the good looking husband and the three girls ages 10, 9 and 7.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 05:44 AM   #38  
Kookie Creator

You ladies are making me nervous! I've been stamping for years but I've never even participated in a swap before let alone having to create a card for everyone to make! Most of my stamped creations have gone to non-crafty people and it doesn't take much to make them ooh and ahh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 05:48 AM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Nothing to be nervous about Kealie! I'm sure whatever you bring will be wonderful...we're gonna have a lot of fun....don't worry!

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 06:31 AM   #40  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I should be there by Noon or so depending on if I stop at Michael's on my way there. I have my swaps done and my lottery item done, now for my stamps to get here!!! Yes they are not here yet :( Hoping they get delivered today, the hostess knew I NEEDED them for Saturday's gathering so don't know what is taking her so long to get them to me :(
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes