Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Favorite Challenges?

So the new year is coming! I really started getting into the copics and card making at the end of last year. This year my goal is to participate in some challenges to expand my creativity. So tell me what your favorite challenge is here at SCS or a fun challenge blog?

I can't wait to see all the fun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 207 Likes on 186 Posts

My fav challenge is the CAS....clean and simple ones here on Mondays. I my next 2 are the Inspiration Challenge here on Sat. and the Featured Stamper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

My very favorite is the Teapot Tuesday challenge. I like the CAS and the sketch challenge. I've done them all and they are all fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

My favorite is the color challenge on Tuesdays. I've also enjoyed the Ways to use it and Free for all Fridays.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

My favorites over here are the Teapot Tuesdays and the color challenges. Out there there's many blogs who offer prizes randomly based on challenge entries. There's way too many to list, but over at my blog I've been entering several these past few days, and my blog entries have links to the challenge blogs. I think those are an awesome way to build up your stash, plus there's the added incentives of maybe (hopefully) winning a price, acquiring exposure if you have a blog and setting up a sort of bloggy portfolio if you ever want to be on a design team (most require you having a regularly updated blog for a certain period of time, usually 6 months or so). I love the fact that most challenges let you combine, as in you can enter the same card into several challenge blogs as long as it meets each of the challenge's criteria, and also that this is a completely free way to get new supplies if you win the prizes. I suppose you could always sell onwards any supplies you win that you don't want as long as they're not digital things?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfillyView Post
My very favorite is the Teapot Tuesday challenge. I like the CAS and the sketch challenge. I've done them all and they are all fun.

I was browsing thru last night and looked at the Teapot Challenge. Wow, that one looks a bit tuff. I am going to have to watch this one and see what happens! Great ideas! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixxiewacorgiView Post
My favorites over here are the Teapot Tuesdays and the color challenges. Out there there's many blogs who offer prizes randomly based on challenge entries. There's way too many to list, but over at my blog I've been entering several these past few days, and my blog entries have links to the challenge blogs. I think those are an awesome way to build up your stash, plus there's the added incentives of maybe (hopefully) winning a price, acquiring exposure if you have a blog and setting up a sort of bloggy portfolio if you ever want to be on a design team (most require you having a regularly updated blog for a certain period of time, usually 6 months or so). I love the fact that most challenges let you combine, as in you can enter the same card into several challenge blogs as long as it meets each of the challenge's criteria, and also that this is a completely free way to get new supplies if you win the prizes. I suppose you could always sell onwards any supplies you win that you don't want as long as they're not digital things?
I checked some of these out also. I will definitely be trying some of these! Thanks for the great inspiration!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Feline Playful puts up a daily list of all the challenges you can play - there are tons.

I hope you'll join us at Catered Crop. We're easy and low key - a great way to get started. We choose a design winner and a random winner. I'm very selective about who I get to sponsor my challenges, so we have some amazing prizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthinaView Post
I was browsing thru last night and looked at the Teapot Challenge. Wow, that one looks a bit tuff. I am going to have to watch this one and see what happens! Great ideas! Thank you.
They are a very supportive group and if you like, you can have the "cheater info" emailed to you earlier in the week so you can get a head start since the challenge can be pretty specific.

I play in many of the challenges, but for very different reasons...my suggestion is to give them a try and see which one grabs your fancy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

My very favorite is the Teapot Tuesday challenge.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Athina, I was going to post exactly the same question!

To keep from getting overwhelmed, I can only sign up for one challenge. I've looked over the challenges available and I've got it narrowed down to Free for All Fridays and the Monday Try a New Technique challenge. I'm leaning toward the latter, but might change my mind next month. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

There is a different challenge right here on Splitcoast every day of the week.

My personal favorites are:
Monday/ Clean and Simple. Wonderful for a beginner as few supplies and elements are needed. You will be inspired when you see the creations.
Tuesday/ Color. Again, great for a newcomer as only the colors are dictated, the rest is up to you.
Tuesday/ Teapot. Cannot beat this for fun, comradery and generosity of spirit. Many of these gals send off their amazing creations to different destinations each week.
Wednesday/Sketch. This is a great way to learn, using a different layout or sketch each week. Roxie is super-helpful if you are new and has hosted this for a long time.

Just jump in and post your creation. You will soon be hooked and make many friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 375 Likes on 208 Posts

The challenges at Splitcoast are very addictive. But so much fun! Everyone makes your artistic juices flow. My favorite is the sketch challenge, and the most difficult for me is the color challenge. But thats why they call it a challenge. They are all alot of fun. Join in and you will make many new supportive friends.
Reply With Quote Likes