Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Displaying Cards to Sell

So I've been selling cards, and the boxes just aren't cutting it. I'm looking for display racks. Anyone know where to get some good ones (reasonable price, nat) for A2 cards?

I've found nice display racks that meet the price criteria, but the problem is they are for larger cards (5x7). They'll hold the A2s, but they aren't made for A2s, so the littler cards look lost in the larger slots.

Alternatively, if display racks aren't the way to go, is there something better?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is one that is inexpensive, but looks pretty nice. It looks like there are "tiers" or shelves, so you can just arrange the cards as you like:

Corrugated POP Displays are a Perfect Solution for Seasonal Presentations! These Cardboard Displays Are Lightweight & Easy to Assemble!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #3  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Here is one that is inexpensive, but looks pretty nice. It looks like there are "tiers" or shelves, so you can just arrange the cards as you like:

Corrugated POP Displays are a Perfect Solution for Seasonal Presentations! These Cardboard Displays Are Lightweight & Easy to Assemble!
And that display is ready for some talented SCSer to alter/decorate it !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
And that display is ready for some talented SCSer to alter/decorate it !!
That's exactly what I thought. It could be really cute!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

genius! yes, that is SUCH a good idea!

although the wire ones are nice & sturdy, i just couldn't track them down in a true A2 size (I called this company this afternoon abt this, coincidentally). these are 5 3/4"h, and I can put as many/few as look nice across the 16"+ width.

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bugga,
You are always so helpful and I for one appreciate it very much!
Thank you!
Kind Regards,
Dotty

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
genius! yes, that is SUCH a good idea!

although the wire ones are nice & sturdy, i just couldn't track them down in a true A2 size (I called this company this afternoon abt this, coincidentally). these are 5 3/4"h, and I can put as many/few as look nice across the 16"+ width.

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...
You are so welcome, binx. I did a few craft fairs a couple of years ago, and thought about buying this same rack. But I ran out of "craft fair steam" before I got to purchase it. I enjoyed the fairs I did, but it sure was a lot of work for the small profits I made. Now, I work for love, but not for money, lol. My family and friends get all my creations as gifts. Whether they want them or not. Ha.

And thank you, Dotty, for the kind words.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

You are so welcome, binx. I did a few craft fairs a couple of years ago, and thought about buying this same rack. But I ran out of "craft fair steam" before I got to purchase it. I enjoyed the fairs I did, but it sure was a lot of work for the small profits I made. Now, I work for love, but not for money, lol. My family and friends get all my creations as gifts. Whether they want them or not. Ha.

And thank you, Dotty, for the kind words.
Yeah, the fairs seem like too much work - you kinda confirmed what i always suspected.

But I was blessed recently when my dog trainer asked if she could sell them. She does most of her training outside but has a space where she can take dogs that are distracted or in inclement weather. It's just a big, open room. She has a corner set up where she sells the brands she recommends in the way of foods, beds, leashes, harnesses, etc. She wants a display of my dog-themed cards for that area. I have to share the $, but it's worth it to not have the hassle of a show, IMO.

I've never actually charged for my cards (been asked by people to buy them, but it's uncomfortable for me, so I just give them away (and I don't know abt taxes, how much is fair, etc.), but, for multiple reasons, I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone. And this a gentle way to do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
Yeah, the fairs seem like too much work - you kinda confirmed what i always suspected.

But I was blessed recently when my dog trainer asked if she could sell them. She does most of her training outside but has a space where she can take dogs that are distracted or in inclement weather. It's just a big, open room. She has a corner set up where she sells the brands she recommends in the way of foods, beds, leashes, harnesses, etc. She wants a display of my dog-themed cards for that area. I have to share the $, but it's worth it to not have the hassle of a show, IMO.

I've never actually charged for my cards (been asked by people to buy them, but it's uncomfortable for me, so I just give them away (and I don't know abt taxes, how much is fair, etc.), but, for multiple reasons, I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone. And this a gentle way to do it.
That sounds like an ideal set up! Folks love their fur pals, and I bet your cards will do well. Good luck.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

If you decide you want metal racks, be sure to check on craigs list. Keep checking everyday though as things constantly change there. I found one of mine for $20 right away but it took a few months before finding another one. I paid $30 for that one but it is a little bigger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a 5ft rack that holds the A2 sized cards on Ebay. I paid like $60.00 for it. It has like 48 slots for cards. It is floor standing. It rotates and has a sign holder on top. I donated it to our Church bookstore where I donate all the cards they sell. The rack hold somewhere around 700 cards. Hope this helps.
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes