Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:27 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost of paint cans for stamp class

Ladies, please help me figure this out.
I'm planning a stamp class for January and need to order the materials. I would like to make a paint can, but I'm afraid it will cost too much. My customers are used to affordable class fees.
How much do you think the total cost of offering a paint can project would be (including the paint can, card stock, adhesives, ribbons, etc)?

TIA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2004, 07:33 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am charging $10. I tend to be conservative, though, and try to keep my projects affordable. I'd love to hear what others say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Default Paint Cans At Stamp Camp

The l gallon paint cans at Home Depot are $3.29 so you have to figure out how much it's going to cost for supplies. If they are going to make items to go in the paint can also I think $10 would be a fair price. To make just the paint can without anything in it I think maybe less would be better. Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2004, 11:30 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would call a paint store in your area. I called one called SpectraTone here and the quart size (which is what I'm doing for my stamp camp) were 30 cents cheaper than at Lowes or Home Depot. I'm also going to wrap it with the wrapping paper, and I got ribbon (wide stuff on sale at Joanns)... cardstock is on order and will hopefully get here on time. I know that doesn't help much but I would call a paint store and see if you can get the cans cheaper from there. All it takes is a few minutes on the phone going through your phone book....
Blessings
Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2004, 11:34 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I, too, am doing a paint can class this weekend. Since this is a last minute choice, I am going to offer them projects at $2.00 per item (for the cards and paper items) and $2.00 per project plus the cost of the item (candles, glass candle holders, cans). No one seems to mind paying for it this way, and so my usual five projects for $10 is still doable for anyone who is on a tight budget and the option for the others is to do as many as they like. I am calling it a $10 materials fee (covering the 5 paper projects), then additional options as mentioned above. Since I've been with this workshop group for the better part of a year now, most of them think I'm not charging enough anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes