Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copics locally in NE Ohio?

Hi Northeastern Ohioans!
I'm not sure where to post this question, but I thought it would be most visible in this thread--I hope that's okay! I am just looking for a SINGLE Copic marker (N1 or N2), and don't want to pay to ship it. So I'm hoping for a local source. I live on the west side of Cleveland, OH. I know Archiver's carries some Copics, but they do not have N1 or N2 (arrgh!). Does anyone have any other sources locally?
What happened is I placed a big order with a neighbor and accidentally got the refill instead of the Sketch, and it was one of hers so I need to produce it fairly soon. d'oh!
Thanks for any help!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Is there a Hobby Lobby near you (We have them in central Ohio)? They carry Copics. You may have to ask because the one I go to has an empty display case. Guess these are special Copics that have legs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

our hobby lobby has some singles & a couple "kit" colors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Pat Catan's carries some Copics. Don't know which ones so may want to call first. They are in a locked case in the arts section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts

Hobby Lobby is in Medina and in Macedonia. You could call to see if they have them.
Archivers is on Rt. 18 in Akron and at Great Northern Mall as well.
Hollo's carries some copics but I'd call to see if they have what you want.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

ooh, thanks, Catan's is 2 miles from me, and if they don't have it, Hobby Lobby is 45 min so that could work if necessary...THANKS, ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know Hollo's had them, also--I get down there occasionally

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

If you live in the Cleveland area, I recommend you do a google search for "cleveland art supply". Many art supply stores carry copics because they really are artist's markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Ohhhhhhh ... Hollos and Hobby Lobby!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh ----- a stampers wish come true!!! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hollo's is my Happy Place...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #10  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

My friend Tammy manages a stamp store in Northeast Ohio called Toyrifix, and it's in Smithville. I don't know how far that is from you, but she carries Copics there! I think you can find more info by visiting her blog.... Stamping at Toyrifix.
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

ack, Hobby Lobby doesn't carry the N's :twisted:

Barbara, I have never made it to Toyrifix but I have wanted to for a long time...maybe this should be my excuse! It's about an hour away. Although I should call first to make sure they have N's...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #12  
Bar

I'm going to be visiting there in June!!! Stamping Around Ohio is being held at Toyrifix and I'm teaching a class. I can't wait!!!
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I may have to make a "field trip" with some stamping friends to Toyrifix... the website makes it look very interesting! I've never been to Smithville (I'm a newish OH resident, so there's LOTS of places here that I haven't been to!), is the Barn Restaurant mentioned on the website a good place to eat if we're doing a day trip?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #14  

Wow, I wondered why my ears were burning! Just got word from my sweet friend Bar that I should check in here!

Yes, Amanda... The Barn is wonderful! Fabulous, home-style food, and a GREAT salad bar with homemade soups and breads. There is also buffet on the weekends (Friday and Saturday evenings, and Sunday afternoons). In our complex there is also a gift shop called Buchanan Place... they sell Vera Bradley, Yankee Candles, and tons of other items. And there is a wonderful country bulk foods store called the Oak Cupboard. Lots of great specialty items, kitchen wares, gourmet coffees, chocolates, ice cream! And there is an Amish furniture store. They're not open on weekends, and primarily do more of an internet business... they have some items on display, but I think their store is more of a formality for their vendors license or something. And our store is primarily a toy store, but we do have rubber stamps! The TOS here on SCS prohibits me from mentioning too much, but you can always contact me thru the blog that Bar linked above with questions, or PM me!

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccboobooView Post
If you live in the Cleveland area, I recommend you do a google search for "cleveland art supply". Many art supply stores carry copics because they really are artist's markers.
I did that and most of them come up as Micheal's etc...but even the one that is listed as a dealer on the Copic website doesn't have N2!!! what the heck?!
But Toyrifix has great customer service (she replied to my message already, asking about this and said she'd make it a point to get the N2 for me), so I think they deserve my business anyway...I've been wanting to get down there anyway! :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
I may have to make a "field trip" with some stamping friends to Toyrifix... the website makes it look very interesting! I've never been to Smithville (I'm a newish OH resident, so there's LOTS of places here that I haven't been to!), is the Barn Restaurant mentioned on the website a good place to eat if we're doing a day trip?
Amanda, I see you go to Hollo's so you might even be right on my way to Smithville, if you live near it I'd be heading straight down 83 all the way

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

I already Mapquested (New word!) the trip to Smithville and I'm about an hour and 15 minutes away. :-) I've got to get a trip planned with my stamp friends some weekend (what is this "Stamp around Ohio" thing that Bar was speaking of??) and if you'd like to join us, please do! The more Stampaholics the merrier! I will definitely have to make sure DH watches DD because the toy part of Toyrifix looks like it could suck her in and seriously deplete the budget... LOL. The Barn Restaurant sounds fabulous... I'm a sucker for a good salad bar.

Is anyone else going to the Adventures in Stamping convention in Akron tomorrow? In fact, I'll bet if you can't find an N2 Copic anywhere else, that some booth at the convention will have them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #18  
Inking Addict

If you want an excuse for a road trip Scrap Happy, in Tiffin, carries all the Copic colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurleyqueView Post
If you want an excuse for a road trip Scrap Happy, in Tiffin, carries all the Copic colors.
I think I looked for that store one time with no luck, Mapquest must have been wrong. Or maybe I'm thinking of another store near there (it was west of Bellevue, I know for sure)! DH grew up in Bellevue...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #20  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I already Mapquested (New word!) the trip to Smithville and I'm about an hour and 15 minutes away. :-) I've got to get a trip planned with my stamp friends some weekend (what is this "Stamp around Ohio" thing that Bar was speaking of??) and if you'd like to join us, please do! The more Stampaholics the merrier! I will definitely have to make sure DH watches DD because the toy part of Toyrifix looks like it could suck her in and seriously deplete the budget... LOL. The Barn Restaurant sounds fabulous... I'm a sucker for a good salad bar.

Is anyone else going to the Adventures in Stamping convention in Akron tomorrow? In fact, I'll bet if you can't find an N2 Copic anywhere else, that some booth at the convention will have them!
Cool, PM me when you make a plan!!
I thought about going to Adventures in Stamping, but then I think I'd rather just go to Toyrifix! I went to AiS a few years ago and wasn't that thrilled--I guess I expected a little discount after paying to get in and driving down there and all (just 10% would make it worth while!), and the make and takes were almost all $1 (not free). harumph!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

The barn is a must
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #22  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking oh YES

I talked DH into a Sunday drive to Smithville about 2 weeks ago! My first stop was "Tammy's Stamp Place" (Toyrifix) where I was thrilled to find a MFT Die I wanted and some other goodies! Next stop was the Bulk Food Shop where I discovered Dark Choc covered Pretzels and Neon Jelly Beans for DS girlfriend who loves neon colors. We had lunch at the Barn Restaurant (Salad Bar - VERY good)!

It's well worth the drive. I've been there a couple times to the Barn to eat but it's always been with customers on business so I've been wanting to get to the shops. Very Fun

Last edited by Lmn; 04-15-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

I never do the make and takes at the convention anymore... I did one at a convention in Columbus and having people hovering over my shoulder watching what I was doing and waiting for me to finish totally freaked me out! LOL. Apparently I have performance anxiety. I enjoyed this year, as always. There was even an ad for Toyrifix in the booklet thingie! I won't be able to go until June (too bad I can't do Stamp Around Ohio!) though. Sigh.

Lynn - I'll let you know when we schedule our trip! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

I never do the make and takes at the convention anymore... I did one at a convention in Columbus and having people hovering over my shoulder watching what I was doing and waiting for me to finish totally freaked me out! LOL. Apparently I have performance anxiety. I enjoyed this year, as always. There was even an ad for Toyrifix in the booklet thingie! I won't be able to go until June (too bad I can't do Stamp Around Ohio!) though. Sigh.

Lynn - I'll let you know when we schedule our trip! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I checked at Pat Catan's in Strongsville Friday and they don't have your colors but DO carry copic markers.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 03:38 AM   #26  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensarmomView Post
I checked at Pat Catan's in Strongsville Friday and they don't have your colors but DO carry copic markers.
aw, you are tooo sweet!! how thoughtful of you! That's good to know, because I went to PC's in North Ridgeville and they had never even HEARD of them She did suggest I try the Westlake store because that is more of an art store (which I didn't know, anyway). The Strongsville store must be, also...hmm, think I might head to Westlake today :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are so welcome. I am shocked I remembered the numbers you needed LOL. The Strongsville store IS a big art store along with the other things PC sells.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #28  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
I talked DH into a Sunday drive to Smithville about 2 weeks ago! My first stop was "Tammy's Stamp Place" (Toyrifix) where I was thrilled to find a MFT Die I wanted and some other goodies! Next stop was the Bulk Food Shop where I discovered Dark Choc covered Pretzels and Neon Jelly Beans for DS girlfriend who loves neon colors. We had lunch at the Barn Restaurant (Salad Bar - VERY good)!

It's well worth the drive. I've been there a couple times to the Barn to eat but it's always been with customers on business so I've been wanting to get to the shops. Very Fun
Lela!!!! You should have TOLD me you were coming! Sorry I missed you!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #29  

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
I did that and most of them come up as Micheal's etc...but even the one that is listed as a dealer on the Copic website doesn't have N2!!! what the heck?!
But Toyrifix has great customer service (she replied to my message already, asking about this and said she'd make it a point to get the N2 for me), so I think they deserve my business anyway...I've been wanting to get down there anyway! :mrgreen:
If this was Facebook, I would definitely "LIKE" this status!

I got your marker, Lynn! It'll be waiting when you get here, or I can send it anytime if you need it sooner!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #30  

Quote:

Pressed for time at the moment, so for now I'll just refer you here regarding Stamping Around Ohio, but if you have other questions, let me know and I'll get back here as soon as I can!

Stamping Around: Ohio 2011

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #31  
Forum Fanatic

Well the Westlake PC didn't have Copics, either...:rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #32  
Glitter Guru

All Media Supply in Kent Ohio carried/carries the copics. I was there about a year ago and they are an art supply store that seemed to cater to the college students, so there was a ton of different goodies there. They also ship.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks, Michelle! Although Kent is about an hour away too...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

There is a Hobby Lobby in Stow/Kent too and I believe they have Copics. Or at least they did a little over a year ago (in reality could have been 2 years ago or more, I can't remember) because that's where I got the 2 lone Copics that I have when they were on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 06:05 AM   #35  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

There is a Hobby Lobby in Stow/Kent too and I believe they have Copics. Or at least they did a little over a year ago (in reality could have been 2 years ago or more, I can't remember) because that's where I got the 2 lone Copics that I have when they were on sale.
They do have Copics, but not the Neutral grays

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

Dang... remind me never to get in a situation where I need to find a neutral gray Copic ASAP! Sorry we haven't been able to be more help. I will be near Pat Catan's in Hermitage, PA on Friday so if they have on there I can pick it up for you and we can figure out how to get it in your hands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #37  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Hollo's is my Happy Place...
isn't it everyone's happy place?!?! ;) even hubby likes to go with me when I go. he shops for work...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #38  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Dang... remind me never to get in a situation where I need to find a neutral gray Copic ASAP! Sorry we haven't been able to be more help. I will be near Pat Catan's in Hermitage, PA on Friday so if they have on there I can pick it up for you and we can figure out how to get it in your hands.
aw, you're too sweet! SCS is so great! I'll let you know...

Reply With Quote Likes