Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2005, 09:45 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conventions for Newbies

I have been recently looking through some great Stamping Magazines & have notice lots of "convention ads". I would love to hear about some annual conventions that would definitely be worth while for a "Newbie" to attend. Understanding that most of us are die hard SU! Devotees, I'm sure some of us would love to go to the SU! Convention (where will that one be held this year? Any word?).

I live in S.Florida & would love to get away for a few days to check some of these conventions out. Love to hear some input on this subject...Pls. list so we can see your fav.'s!

THX. a BUNCH! :lol:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 05:46 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I started going to conventions about a 2 years after I started stamping. I didn't even know they had been coming to our town for years! I have been stamping for nearly 7 years. I love SU stuff but I never wanted to limit myself.

Conventions provide the newest/latest/greatest tools on the market. Many of the booths have demos going on with new techniques. Tools like Coluzzle, eyelets, layer ease were all on the market several years before SU picked them up for their catty. I had quite a collection of eylets before SU added them to the line. It is also a great way to stock up on things not easily found in your area. The convention that comes to my area has one vendor that carries every Colorbox refill. I just take my list of colors and buy all my re-inkers there. I picked up acrylic blocks there--way cheap along with some sheets of UM rubber stamps. I could see what that whole thing was about without spending a fortune. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty there that is pricey and expensive. But, I look forward to going for all the "new" stuff or for things that I own but can be used differently. I generally pick up stamps that I like that I don't necessarily want a set of. For instance, I wanted a tea bag stamp for get well cards but not teapots etc.

I generally take a set amount of cash and spend the day in bliss with 100's of other women doing the same thing!

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 08:16 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Are there any websites listing cities where the conventions will be? I would love to check one out after hearing about them.

Thanks,
Rebecca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 08:52 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

The best way is to pick up a magazine (Rubber stamper for example) all the upcoming conventions with dates, etc. will be advertised in there.
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I know of two big ones:

http://www.rubberstampexpo.com

http://www.stampingtoseeyou.com

FYI
Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Default Rubber Stamp Conventions lists

A great listing:
http://www.rubberstampinglinks.com/r...ml#conventions

One of the best companies that handle conventions:
www.heirloompro.com

Make sure you: 1. Wear good walking shoes 2.bring plentyof $$$ (some vendors do not accept credit cards) 3. Ask permission before you take photos of sample cards 4. take advantage of free demos & make-and-takes

Evie
Reply With Quote Likes