Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Coming back...

Okay, I did a foolish thing at the beginning of the year. I decided to leave SU! I'd been a Hobby Demo for 5 years. I really miss it, though.

...I don't know. I think I was just looking for something 'new.' When I left SU!, I joined a different kind of company, thinking it was what I wanted. It was not craft-related, though. Let's just say I have a lot of new kitchen and cooking stuff (which I desperately need though.) But...the lady I signed up under is very gung-ho about the business end, and I'm not. I gave it six months, and it just is not the right fit for me. So I think I'm ready to give that up.

I really do like my SU! upline, and if I do sign up again (I'm leaning in that direction...big time!) I'll sign up under her again. She is totally cool with my hobby-only thing...no pressure.

I'm feeling, however, kind of like a fool. Now I have to re-buy the new demo kit, and I already have EVERYTHING in there. But I do miss it.

So, I don't know. What do you think? Should I? Shouldn't I? Help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

You have to make your own decision, but if you are going to buy enough to meet your minimums anyway, it seems silly not to sign on. I can't picture not being a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickleView Post
I can't picture not being a demo.
I know...something just feels like it's been 'missing,' ya know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by blestmomView Post
Okay, I did a foolish thing at the beginning of the year. I decided to leave SU! I'd been a Hobby Demo for 5 years. I really miss it, though.

...I don't know. I think I was just looking for something 'new.' When I left SU!, I joined a different kind of company, thinking it was what I wanted. It was not craft-related, though. Let's just say I have a lot of new kitchen and cooking stuff (which I desperately need though.) But...the lady I signed up under is very gung-ho about the business end, and I'm not. I gave it six months, and it just is not the right fit for me. So I think I'm ready to give that up.

I really do like my SU! upline, and if I do sign up again (I'm leaning in that direction...big time!) I'll sign up under her again. She is totally cool with my hobby-only thing...no pressure.

I'm feeling, however, kind of like a fool. Now I have to re-buy the new demo kit, and I already have EVERYTHING in there. But I do miss it.

So, I don't know. What do you think? Should I? Shouldn't I? Help!

Well, looks like the hard part has already been decided...that you would re-sign under your same UL. Now the big question is...how badly do you want that 20% discount on the kit AND the free HPH kit? If you have everything in the kit already, just customize it to what you want. If you don't need extra inkpads then get colors that you can use as gifts....or maybe trade with someone for the In Colors when the new ones come out? If you don't need the catties and business supplies, I am sure that there will be someone out there who is ISO a few more catties to get them thru without having to order an entire box....OR just give them to all of your friends and who knows? maybe you will pick up a couple of new stamping buddies? that never hurts when making your minimums even as a hobbyist.

Good luck in your decision and if you decide to pass on the re-sign up this time, just remember to ask a mod to remove you from the demo forums. For me, that is the most addictive part of being a demo....checking in on the forums every day! ;-) Well, that and convention! Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

rememer you get that 30% off your first order...just in time for the new catty...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

There would be plenty of people here that are newer demos that don't have much in the way of business supplies and would trade. Its a great deal right now. Good luck with your decision!

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

As others said, I'm sure you could trade items you have like the ink pads etc to fairly new demos for other things. If it were me, I'd think about what exactly is it that I miss the most. And what is it worth to me to have that back. If you'll be totally hobby, can you afford your minimums? The kit is on sale for 20% off and the free hodgepodge, but that ends in 2 days. Does your UL have the DBWS that you can sign up online? As to the kit, between the new stamp sets you pick out, the 20% off and the free HPH, I'm sure you won't be losing any money just in those things. Plus you'll be back in the "family" for whatever excitement there will be for the 20th year. I don't mean for this next part to sound like miss bossy, but if you decide you don't want to come back at this time, you really should remove yourself from the demo forum or let a mod know so they can do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Just north of the 49th in a little corner of Heaven!

Why don't you wait until the new catty comes out and who knows, we may see some changes to the Demo kit, IF they retire some of the sets available in the existing one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

If in this situation I would wait to resign until August when the new catty comes out. You can substitute in the In color ink pads and get fun new sets that let's be honest...you'd buy them anyways. You'd get the new catalogs and other demo stuff which you could most likely trade here on SCS for a CDO. You'd end up ahead. The only thing you'd lose is the free HPH set.

Just my two cents...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Maybe you can make a trade with your upline for your supplies- especially is you wait until the new catty comes out- Lots to sub with too-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks everyone, for your advice. I'm really torn....I've pretty much decided that I will re-sign (like, that was kind of obvious, I guess...LOL!)

Now, trying to decide if I should wait, or go ahead. You have all pointed out pros and cons to each.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes