Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Cases for calendars, help!

I bought a box of 40 CD cases to make the CD calendars. Now that I am ready to do that (and the kids already stole 1/2 of them for their replacement cases) the cases aren't what I had in mind.

When I took out the insert, it also took the lip thing that seems to hold in the calendar pages. So, there is a void in the CD case now and nothing to hold the page in. Also, it doesn't bend over like some of the other ones do. You have to take it apart and put it back together to get it to be in the right position.

I bought the thicker ones thinking that all the pages could be stored in there at the same time. But can they?

I need info from anyone that has made these and advice on buying CD cases that will work well with the project.

Thanks in advance!
Colleen

Last edited by altheazebrina; 09-08-2005 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: forgot to ad email posts
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I did these calendars last year. I thought the same thing as you. You do have to take them apart to have it lean back correctly. Also the pages do not fit inside like I expected. I don't think there are any that would do any better than what you have. If I make calendars again, I will have them spiral bound instead.

Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Hello Colleen,

I have news for you and it's good. The cases for the CD calenders do exist and they come from a company named "effectuality.com" and they come in two sizes and they flip back without taking them apart and they have the recess for the pages and they are only 20 cents each. Now for the down side, you already spent money on the ones you have and these have to be shipped so that means more money, but if you don't mind you can go to the website and order.
If you need anymore help or information let me know.
HTH
Pam Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I did the same thing you can do a Google Search tho and there are tons of places out there... here are a couple...
http://www.atlaspen.com/static/produ...=1&item=531107
http://store.yahoo.com/jewelcaserack/jccalendar.html
http://store.yahoo.com/cdrack/jccd.html

They are made specifically for that purpose... HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Wendy,
Those sites are great, but the problem I had was you have to buy them in quantity and it is usually in lots of 100. The effectuality site lets you buy them individually so you can choose 1 or 50. So they are all good.
Thanks
Pam Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

OMG! Colleen, thank you for asking this question. I have been stamping for many years, and this is the first I've heard of this project! (I know..:rolleyes I've got tons of CD cases, so I did some searching, both in the gallery and technqiues and templates, and, WOW! I'm just so excited. These are going to be great for gifts...ok, I'll shut up now...

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2005, 12:27 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Pam,
When you have a chance, please note the exact item number(s) or links. I was just over at effectuality.com and it was a bit overwhelming. Then again it's 4:26 in the morning...
TIA,
~Gina

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamdenise2358
Hello Colleen,

I have news for you and it's good. The cases for the CD calenders do exist and they come from a company named "effectuality.com" and they come in two sizes and they flip back without taking them apart and they have the recess for the pages and they are only 20 cents each. Now for the down side, you already spent money on the ones you have and these have to be shipped so that means more money, but if you don't mind you can go to the website and order.
If you need anymore help or information let me know.
HTH
Pam Denise
Reply With Quote Likes