Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Card Stash

Are you able to keep a stash of cards? What kinds and how many total do you have on hand? How quickly can you run low?

I have been very productive this last month or so, and was getting quite a little stash (about 40 cards). This morning, I went through the cards I have to see what fits the bill for cards I need to send in September. I am out of b-day cards, thank you's, and general purpose. All I have left are a few super fancy cards for special occasions, a few for my best friends, and a couple that aren't appropriate until October. I guess I better get back to stamping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #2  
Chat Box Chicks Princess

GET STAMPIN!!!! I prolly have close 100 cards on hand! Thats just a guess, but I'd say thats pretty close. Anytime I do a challenge or something, if its something I totally love, I make a few more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Something I do is when I am creating some cards unless the image is of a specific nature (like a birthday cake...or a baby...etc...) I always hold a few back and don't stamp a scentiment - that way when I need a card i look through my completed cards...see what fits and then stamp a saying...

This works well with your general image cards because you can use them for whatever - thanks, B-day, thinking of you, friendship, etc....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's my goal is to have a stash but I don't seem to be getting there very fast. I have a little stack but I find myself deciding that I'd rather make another card instead. I particularly have this stack of cards I've made through the years at SU! shows, stamp camps, etc. and I was looking at them last night. They are super cute and I should send them out. I sort of want to hoard them though. I'd feel better about that if I had a way to keep them out so they were actually inspiration instead of stacked up in a box I never look in. I need to mass produce more often too...that would help me get ahead. I did make 3 of the same birthday card a couple of weeks ago but they were all already assigned recipients.

Peg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbywomanView Post
GET STAMPIN!!!! I prolly have close 100 cards on hand! Thats just a guess, but I'd say thats pretty close. Anytime I do a challenge or something, if its something I totally love, I make a few more.
100 cards! Wow! I am impressed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by p7eggycView Post
That's my goal is to have a stash but I don't seem to be getting there very fast. I have a little stack but I find myself deciding that I'd rather make another card instead. I particularly have this stack of cards I've made through the years at SU! shows, stamp camps, etc. and I was looking at them last night. They are super cute and I should send them out. I sort of want to hoard them though. I'd feel better about that if I had a way to keep them out so they were actually inspiration instead of stacked up in a box I never look in. I need to mass produce more often too...that would help me get ahead. I did make 3 of the same birthday card a couple of weeks ago but they were all already assigned recipients.

Peg
I scan or take a picture of all my cards for later inspiration. Would that work for you?

I don't do a lot of mass production either. I like to mix up what I am creating, so I usually don't make more than 4 (usually for a swap) at any one time. I'm sure this explains a lot of my limited supply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alice*View Post
I scan or take a picture of all my cards for later inspiration. Would that work for you?
I do take a lot of pics too...I don't tend to look at them though! I will certainly do that before I mail them but I think I might hang on to the best ones and use them as part of the decor in my next stamping room (hoping to move in the next few months).

Peg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

i am starting to work on christmas cards and i have had a few requests for halloween cards and then i am also working on some for a fund raiser for a club i belong to... (plus what i try to have for personal use)

all in all i have about 150+ that are complete and ready to send or sell and then i also have about 100+ christmas cards that are ready to assemble. my demo and i are planning on getting together on some fridays to work on christmas cards so i design/decide what card i am gonna make and while i am making it i put the supplies to make 4,6,8,10 or 12 more (depending on how much i like the design) into a ziplock to finish/assemble later.

generally tho i would say i have 40-50+ on hand at all times. i like a variety of theme/season/reason.

not included in any of these numbers are... the cards that i have made at club which is about 60+ that i HOARD! and the cards that i have made for the challenges which is about 25+ that i also HOARD.

OMG! :o i have a lot of cards!
Reply With Quote Likes