Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birthday Pictures - Yay! 75 For75 - Thank You

Hi Ladies. As promised I created an album in my Gallery of the birthday photos from my Mom's 75th birthday. She was so touched by the kindness showered upon her by SCS. Each and every card was unique and just stunning! She especially loved the card from Sarah B., who was just 8 years old.

Many of you wrote a personal note inside your card to my mom, and that made her feel really special. On the morning of her birthday she had 61 handmade cards! All but a few came from SCS. Family and friends sent a bunch too. She received 101 cards in total! The SCS cards were all nestled inside my dad's old lunch pail, which I embellished and gave to her. My dad passed away in 1994, and that old lunch pail had been in her garage for many years prior to that. She was really delighted to see it again, especially on such a special day.

I wanted to thank each of you for taking the time to do this for my mom. I was humbled greatly in a number of ways as your "envelopes of love" filled the mailbox. Thank you all so very much.

My Mom has had some recent health issues we are dealing with. At the end of November 2008 her doctor said it was time for her to move in with us. We were planning for this to occur some time in 2009 anyway, but neither my DH, myself or my mom expected that when it did happen it would be such a sudden thing. While the timing for this wasn't what we anticipated, all of us agree that God's timing is always the right timing! Needless to say these last few months have been crazy hectic for all of us, but we are all adjusting well. There's been lots of laughter and some tears too, but my DH and I welcome this opportunity to give back to mom. In fact my DH refers to my mom as his "mother-in-LOVE. He takes her to and from her doctor appointments, takes her to lunch and has such a gentle loving spirit towards her. I am so thankful for him.

Again, I extend many thanks to each of you for your cards and for your patience waiting on me to post the pictures.

Mary

P.S. My birthday is April 19th. (hint-hint) Come on, I can't let mom have ALL the fun. - LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was so touched by your story...and incredibly amazed by this board. It gives such great hope (especially nowadays) to hear that people still do generous things for others. I lost my mom when I was in my twenties and twenty years later still ache for her...so I'm always sensitive to 'mom' stories. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. I know its not an easy transition for all involved to have her move in...but it sounds like your attitudes are wonderful. And your husband is made of gold.

I'm so glad you had such a great response from SCS. And thank you, SCS, for responding.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes