Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Oddesigns
  • 1 Post By cbet
  • 6 Post By jukie

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Bare Rubber ?

I am currently trying to set up an art studio in our new house and in trying to get it organized I have discover red rubber stamps that are sliding off and peeling off of their foam.

Tried searching but haven't seen anything new on bare rubber so here are my questions:

1. If I use the Aleene's Tack It Over and Over can I clean my stamps like I normally would and they stay stick or will washing them make them unsticky?

2. Do I need to do anything special to get a good clean print with them or just stamp with them like I would photo polymer?

Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I use Aleene's Tack It Over and Over on all of my bare rubber stamps. No problems.

I clean with a scrubbing pad, so I never wash the side with the TIOAO.

They stamp well. Just make sure you don't put the TIOAO on too thick. You don't need much at all for it to adhere to an acrylic block.

My Pinterest Boards
Suzanne likes this post.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

You'll want to put a fun foam mat under your cardstock when you stamp for the best impression. I wish I knew why it worked but haven't a clue. Deeply appreciate the stamper here on SCS who sent that tip my way when I was venturing into the world of naked rubber. lol! Have fun!

Old 01-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Also, there's a product called Tack 'N Peel by Tsukinek that some stampers apply to the clear block and leave it, rather than the stamp. I have some and have used it a bit, but not enough to be able to vote for or against it.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniebean55 View Post
Also, there's a product called Tack 'N Peel by Tsukinek that some stampers apply to the clear block and leave it, rather than the stamp. I have some and have used it a bit, but not enough to be able to vote for or against it.
This is what I use and love it. Just don't throw away the yellow liner. You'll need it (or other release paper) to cover your blocks so they don't stick to everything. When the T&P stops being sticky or just gets "gunky" rise it with water and dry with a baby wipe or Synthetic Drying Chamois You can sometimes find small ones at the dollar store. I've been using this system for at least 7-8 years and have never had to replace of T&P.

I tried TIOAO on a handful of stamps to see if I would like it. I didn't, but lots of stampers love it. Hope you find a system that works well for you.

Dea
Old 01-29-2015, 02:58 AM   #6
Mad Swapper

Echoing another posters info not to apply too thickly. I actually lightly misted the back of the stamp with water, then added a VERY small blob of glue, as I'd seen many say to use a slightly thinned layer of TIOO.I spread it over the back of the stamp with a sponge brush. I actually saw a video on You Tube, when I was investigating using this, and the lady squeezed the glue straight from the bottle, and applied this incredibly thick layer- a bit like she was piping icing onto a cake! Got a bit worried I was going to need a few more bottles of glue when I saw that, lol. But then I saw the thinning recommendation on here, went with that and it works fine.
I do have some Tack n Peel on a couple of blocks, but the beauty of TIOO is that your stamps stick to storage sheets too.
I've never put anything under my cardstock when stamping, but some people do swear by a foam stamping mat, others use a small stack of copy paper/old magazines/phone books.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 01-29-2015 at 03:01 AM..
Old 01-29-2015, 04:06 AM   #7
Cardstock Collector

Never having heard of Tack & Peel, what I'm understanding is that it is clear, and permanently attaches to the acrylic block? Is it for using photopolymer stamps (Stamps of Life), unmounted bare rubber stamps ( Kraftin Kimmie), cling stamps (SU),or all of the above?

And I've found that using a foam sheet when I'm stamping gives me a better impression.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:58 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisyrae View Post
Never having heard of Tack & Peel, what I'm understanding is that it is clear, and permanently attaches to the acrylic block? Is it for using photopolymer stamps (Stamps of Life), unmounted bare rubber stamps ( Kraftin Kimmie), cling stamps (SU),or all of the above?

And I've found that using a foam sheet when I'm stamping gives me a better impression.
In my experience (three years in), it stays on the block as long as you want it to be there. It pulls right off when you want to remove it. (I don't have blocks that are dedicated for naked rubber so I need my blocks adaptable.) For storage, I think some folk use two way tape on their storage device. I've got mine in plastic CD sleeves in a binder, so while they slip around a bit, they don't go far.

a couple of links:
Tsukineko - Tack and Peel Sheet - Reusable Cling Sheet For Use With Acrylic Stamping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht1K3JDYdLo

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 01-29-2015 at 06:04 AM..
Old 01-29-2015, 06:33 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisyrae View Post

I don't use the Tack&Peel (my bare rubber stamps have mono multi glue on them), but from what I've heard, you do not want to use it with photopolymer or cling foam stamps - they stick to it too well and sometimes don't want to come back off.

However, because it is clear and on only one side of the block, you can use the non-t&P side of the block for the photopolymer and cling stamps.
shazsilverwolf likes this post.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbet View Post
I don't use the Tack&Peel (my bare rubber stamps have mono multi glue on them), but from what I've heard, you do not want to use it with photopolymer or cling foam stamps - they stick to it too well and sometimes don't want to come back off.

However, because it is clear and on only one side of the block, you can use the non-t&P side of the block for the photopolymer and cling stamps.
Yeah, I don't think you want to use it on something that's already sticky. I suppose flipping the block for the non-stick side when you have a stamp with cling is fine for some, but you're looking through an additional distortion and taking it off the block isn't all that difficult and it doesn't seem to damage the TnP.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #11
Die Cut Diva

I like my rubber stamps 'naked' and I don't use anything other then a swipe or two of glue stick on my acrylic block, slap the stamp on there, tip it upside down to make sure it is stuck, ink up , stamp, remove stamp from acrylic block, wipe both stamp and acrylic block with wet wipe and done. I have been doing this for 10 plus years and no issues with my rubber stamps or my blocks.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Well dang, jukie. Such a simple solution! Surely, you can't complicate it in some way?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:46 PM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey Jukie, what brand is the glue stick? Thanks for making it so simple! Do you know if the Glue Stick harms MISTI?