Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone else having trouble with the SU website?

The drop-down menus in the store are not behaving. I went to the paper page and tried to get to see all and the thing refused to work. When I tried to check out, I couldn't drop down to my type of credit card. I tried this on both my computers and had the same problem. I called Stampin Up and the person who I spoke to said she was having no problems. Is it just me? (If so, I guess my house has been taken over by unseen forces.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Seems to be only in Safari. I am on a Mac (two, actually)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had that problem for a while now on my mac and safari! FRUSTRATING! I keep meaning to email them and keep forgetting! I have a meeting now (UGH) but maybe I'll remember later! If you figure it out let me know!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

The answer is: SU does not support Safari. You have to use Firefox or IE. I spoke to SU and they said they have never supported Safari and so if I was able to order through Safari it was just good luck that it worked. But now it doesn't. So, luckily I have Firefox on my computer.

I asked why they didn't support it and was told there were too many browsers out there, SU had to make a choice. But then she said lots of people try to use their iPhones and iPads on the SU website and it doesn't work and I said "That's true, lots of people have iPhones and iPads so you should support Safari."

Oh well. At least now we know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

That happened to me, too. After inputing the same order 3 times, I finally emailed it to my demonstrator and she placed the order. I wish SU would support Macs. Somehow, I have no trouble "checking out" when I buy the free MDS downloads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I have to say I was IRKED.

It's not that SU doesn't support Macs. They don't support Safari, which is the native preloaded browser on a Mac. You can go download Firefox for free on your Mac here:

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser

and use it for SU orders. I used to use Firefox as my default browser when I was on a PC because I don't like Internet Explorer. But on a Mac I always use Safari. Except from now on when I want to go on the SU website.

It's odd that this only just happened. I've been buying off the website for nearly a year (on my own, I no longer have a demo). They must have done some work on the new website that Safari just can't play with.

Last edited by Rachelrose; 02-21-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you for the link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #8  

Yeah, I've used my Mac successfully for quite a while to view all....I don't order off the store because obviously I do that through the demo site but annoying is for sure! So it's been within the last month or so I think. I don't really want to download another browser so hmmmmm...I may just have to be annoyed and not be able to "view all".

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Minders, there's no downside to having Firefox on your computer as well as Safari. I've always had both because you do run into the odd website that isn't Safari friendly (although why a company as big as SU would select two browsers and only those two to support is beyond me, it's weird) and in that case I have to open Firefox and use it instead. Firefox is a very nice browser. It's good to have a backup. The advantage for me of using Safari (besides the fact that I'm used to it) is that because it's native to Macs, Apple support will help me with it if I have a problem. Although they couldn't help me with this problem, only explain it to me.

I'm resigned. But irked. I feel like SU is saying it doesn't care about me. I almost didn't make my planned purchase. Which is, I suppose, taking things way too personally. And there are certain SU products I do need to have.

Last edited by Rachelrose; 02-21-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #10  

I know...I'm just being stubborn:-) I just don't WANT to have to have a second browser. I"m sure I will at some point. Just annoyed at pretty much everything today, lol! The UPS man did just drop off a box earlier than usual though so that should make the day a bit better (if I didn't have to leave for work soon anyway)!

And there is always plenty of stuff we need to have, ha! It may have made me put off my order a day or two though if I were frustrated! Been there done that other places!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

We have Safari. Maybe that was why, when I wanted to see their video on the Simply Scored, it would not play. I finally got to it the round about way - an entry on SCS in General Stamping gave a link and that worked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Probably that was why. I can't believe I didn't know this until today. And I wouldn't have known if I hadn't specifically called them back and told them I was on Safari and having problems. The first person I spoke to simply said "No, I'm not having any problems on the website. It must be your computer." Instead of saying "What browser are you using? Oh, we don't support that one." That would have saved me a couple of hours of aggravation and several phone calls.

Really, I don't want to get myself all annoyed again. I have enough to be annoyed about in my life without this. I'm trying to just be glad I have an answer, and am still not trolling the Mac forums because I think something is wrong with my computer.

Again, the solution for us Mac people is to work in Firefox. The website runs very nicely in it. Or just buy through your demo. Me, I don't have one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #13  

Kind of defeats the purpose of the online store though! I signed up mainly so I could put in orders whenever I wanted because they either didn't have the online store yet or my demo didn't have one (can't remember). Browsers are funny things!!!! And that wasn't very helpful of the DS person!!!!! Glad another one was able to help you!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I just used Safari with my iPad and everything worked fine. Perhaps something is out of date on your computer or I just got lucky ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Not possible in my case. My Macbook is less than two months old. And I used the website with Safari for eight months on my old one and then on my new one with no issues. And then this morning I started up the new one up and.... nothing. So I fired up the old one and.. more nothing.

Glad it's working for you and hope it keeps up!
Reply With Quote Likes