Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Pros/Cons to TAC?

Hey gals! Since this board is overflowing with great advice, I thought I would post a question here for opinions. Upon attending the Madison Rubber Stamping and Scrapbooking Expo, I ran into a new company to me - TAC (The Angel Company). They have a similar stamp line to SU and use the EZ Mount System - how cool is that idea!! So, as an SU demonstrator currently, what are the drawbacks of switching companies? My reasons for doing so are quarterly quotas (I don't like them), internal pressure to sell and hold classes to meet quotas, and less of a discount. Any other Angels out there willing to share the good and bad points of this company? Don't get me wrong, I love SU!, but I'm way in the negative for last year and it's pretty sad...I can't stop buying! HELP!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default TAC

Hi Shari,
Check out our website at www.theangelcompany.net look under the become an angel. That's got all the info you need. If you get there and still have questions please feel free to call me toll free at 877-835-8969 I'd be more than happy to help you in any way I can.
In Him,
Shawna TAC angel # 565

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like a lot of things about TAC... especially the EZ Mount system. However, I found I wasn't "crazy" about all that many of their stamp designs... and a lot of the ones I did like were so similar to SU designs I already have that I didn't think it was something I wanted to invest in. It is my understanding that (1) TAC was started by a former SU demo; and (2) there are only about 5 or 6 major designers of rubber stamps who sell to companies like SU and TAC, ergo the similarity in designs.

I love what I have purchased from TAC. I have a Burlap bg stamp that puts Canvas to shame... it has a depth and character that makes it head and shoulders about any other bg stamp I own (and I own 20 of them). But... they don't have 20 sets of anything I feel I can't live without. So... I decided just to purchase stamps from them and not convert.

Have you obtained a catalog? Spend a couple of days scouring it before you switch. They have a lot of accessories we don't have... but they are a little bit higher priced for the ones that are the same... The EZ Mounts stamps are much less expensive than the wood mount stamps... a definite plus! You have to decide which is more important to you. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a friend who signed up with TAC. She used to do SU. She prefers SU rubber and paper. She signed with TAC because she is just supporting her own habit. She makes lots of cards as a ministry and wanted to spend less.

As for selling, because they do unmounted, the prices are cheaper. So although the % commission is greater, you have to sell more items to end up making the same $. Hope you understood that...it's not looking clearly written to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

BTT...any others out there want to chime in? Pretty please?!? :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I chose to join with tac because of the low quota and I liked the prices of their stamps. I love SU and have a lot of their items. I just love stamps. But I am only in it for a hobby and 350.00 was a lot for me so SU wasn't an option.
To stay active with TAC you just have to spend 100.00 in 4 months whether thats on supplies or retail sales. That is straight from TAC, I emailed them for clarification on this matter. That was great for me. Also the commission is 25% and you get a personal discount of 30%. On your birthday you get a 40% off coupon for any unmounted stamps. You can also sell any of your items you hand stamp. They have a true angel policy.
Storage wow. I love storing in cd cases. I save so much room. My SU stamps take up so much room.
I think both companies have a lot to offer. You just have to decided what is best for you. HTH Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

I am a demo for SU and have been since May of 2004. I am actually encouraging a good friend and customer to sign on with TAC because I like their designs so well! I even offered to go in half with her on her kit if she would give me a partial discount! She has had the opportunity to sell her creations in a "permanent retail establishment" and of course, the SU angel policy doens't allow that. That is a major reason that I am encouraging her. Don't get me wrong, I still love SU stuff, but I like the variety of using both companies. I would also love the EZ mount system, but haven't taken any plunge to convert any of my sets over to that.
Just my 2cents!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not a TAC demo but wanted to let you know how much I love my TAC stamp sets. I learned about TAC from SCS and thanks to Shawna had my first stamps in no time. I love all the words, phrases, and greetings they have. Also found some great floral stamps I've just got to have. And now is a great time to order with their stamp fest - I was amazed at the free and 1/2 price items I received.

I've decided it's okay to love lots of stamp companies. I was a SU! demo so they will remain my first love but I'm thrilled with the options available with other companies. I just received my first CTMH stamp sets today - can't wait to try out the "clear" stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TAC v SU

I'm an SU Demo whose cards are *AWFUL* (being honest here!) but loves to scrapbook. I sell SU because I still love the stamping part and couldn't live without stamping in my books. Well, okay, maybe I *could* technically live, but I really wouldn't want to....

Anyhow...Please don't anyone take this as me 'dissing' SU in any way - if I didn't both *love* the company and what I do, I wouldn't do it. However, I am realistic that with rare exception (being a combination of extremely hard work, demographics, right place/right time) SU has been around long enough that there is not enough *real $$$* to be had. Does that mean that people don't make good $? Absolutely not...but what it does mean is that those of us who joined on at the 13, 14, or 15 year mark will *never* build the size of downlines and make the enormous commissions that that those in the first five are making. Why? Well, the laws of numbers.

I personally think that had I known about TAC three years ago, I may have decided differently. Trust me when I say I love the *hobby of stamping* more than the products that any one single company has to offer.

I *really* enjoy running my own business. I began a new one 60 days ago doing something that is *NOT* as hobby (on the premise that one neither eats in their bathroom nor sets up a toilet in the kitchen...think to Olivia Dukakis' phrase in "Moonstruck"...) This new business is less than 6 months old - fabulous growth potential - and doesn't require me to spend so much of my own personal time "prepping." By "prepping," I mean to say that I have invested quite a bit of both time and $$$ into swaps to have examples for my customers (which they *love*), cutting c/s, planning projects, trying to evaluate what will "sell" to scrappers.

The crux of what I'm trying to say to say here is evaluate your options on four basic levels, depending upon how much you want to work: First, decide what is most important - business (running a stamping business) or pleasure (financing your habit with a discount.) Second, decide what is next most important in the marketing of your product: instant name recognition (SU) or introducing a new product line (TAC). Third, how important is the income/quota/incentive issue to you? Fourth, how much time are you willing to invest? If you are deciding to pursue this as a true business, then you'll also want to consider two more very serious options: 1) how much capital will I truly need to get this off the ground (business cards, additional c/s, sets, colors, copy paper, postage, additional catalogs, etc.); and 2) what is my true, honest-to-goodness growth potential with each company?

Wish I could help in your decision, but these are only my musings based on where I've been and where I want to be. Hope they help you answer some questions for yourself. Either way, you can't go wrong with the product line - they both sell *excellent* products, fabulous images, and have great catalog/idea books. ~ Kaylyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks ladies! I love being an SU demo too...I love the company, the products and all the variety, BUT upon seeing how much I actually spent trying to fulfill my quota plus some...it really was shocking! I keep thinking, "Oh, I'll demo that," or "Wouldn't that be a cute set to swap with." It goes on and on and on...plus, since I feel that pressure to "sell," I think I always need to have opportunities for classes, workshops, etc., if I haven't gotten in orders in an effort to not make the full quota myself!

I was very impressed with TAC when I saw them at the Expo. Plus, as someone pointed out earlier, there are only so many artists and therefore the images are quite close. Yeah, some of them aren't my bag, but some of SU's aren't either!

I completely agree on the difficulty in making money in this particular business without an extreme amount of effort. Here in the Twin Cities, where the market is completely saturated, we have one gal in our "group" that consistently sells $3-6K PER month!!! WOW! Honestly, I have no idea how she does it...at this point, I'd just be happy breaking even, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for me...

Thanks for all the issues to think about. One good point - SU doesn't allow inventory, so it's not like I'm out a gazillion dollars in product. I love all the sets I have along with the papers, embellishments, etc. Plus, TAC is running a cool special right now where I don't have to duplicate what I already have as far as supplies.

Keep the info coming ladies - I love hearing your opinions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Not to open another can of worms, but what about Dream Impressions? Does anyone here sell that? It seems it started around 2001 or so by a former SU! executive. I considered "jumping ship" when they first started only so I could be one of the first and hopefully have a huge downline one day, but although I like stamps from all companies, no one's does more for me in the long run more than SU!. We hear more and more about TAC and CTMH these days, but I haven't heard anything about DI in a long time.

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought a pair of eyelet-setting pliers about a year ago on eBay from a woman whose sister was a DI demo. I have no idea about that company's policy on internet sales, so I don't know whether any rules were violated. I'm a little more aware of that kind of thing now because of SCS. Anyway, love the pliers, but the experience of getting them was horrendous. I don't know if the demo sister was a flake or if the company is just bad about backorders and customer service, but it took FOREVER for my pliers to come from DI so that the woman could ship them to me, and she said that neither she nor her sister could get any info for me about when the package would ship. They didn't have the excuse that SU! did (moving), either. All three of them came across as very unprofessional about the whole thing, and I doubt I will buy from that seller or the company again.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 04:50 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Default stamp company

I am not a demonstrator but I started out stamping with the su. then a friend of mine got into the tac and became a demo I love both sets of stamps but my favorite is the tac, as a customer you place a order and you get 1/2 price items 20% off and gwp for every $30. You also have a wide variety of other things that su doesn't offer if you want to do more than just make cards. I love the ez mount system and I have converted every stamp I own over to the ez mount system so my bid is on tac.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

www.dreamimpressions.com

you can purchase off their site so i think they got off the home based parties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Love TAC!!

I have been with TAC since Oct. 2004 and I joined because of the low "quota", I didn't want the pressure of worrying about selling so much per month. I just mainly joined to be a hobbyist. Like in other posts you only have to spend $100 every 4 months!! Also, if for some reason you do NOT place an order in that time the only thing that happens is that you don't get the newsletter sent to you(but you can always read it on the website!). The saying is "Once an Angel, always an Angel!" To become "active" again all you have to do is place a $50 order and you get your newsletter sent to you again. That is it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 05:45 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Anyone know whether these products are available in Canada yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Be glad you didn't "jump ship" and go with DI. All those demos are now out of a job. Some of them left a large SU downline to do it and now they need to start over with another company (or back to SU, still starting over).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default TAC

We " TAC are not in Canada yet but I'd be happy to send you a catty and I'd be happy to ship to you.
In Him,
Shawna

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

I'm another canadian who would love to have a catty as well!! Please pm for my address.
Thanks
Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I have done both and am now a SU demo and will stay here, a big part of that reason is that I love the instant income that I get with SU....I didn't like sending in all the money and having to wait to get a check back from the company...just me...if you give a hostess/guest free shipping or a discount, you still have to pay for it when you turn in your order even though you never collected it. Another thing I didn't like is they don't have great rewards, I know this sounds silly but I like to pick out my free goodies at the end of each quarter. I also like our selection of accessories better. They have the bound catty which is great and I wish SU would go to this, they also are cheaper for the demo to purchase...SU also sends out Stampin Success once a month and it is FULL of ideas and tips, love it and look forward to it every month. TAC sends out more of a several page flyer (without new ideas), more motivational stuff and Top Sales and all new recruits listed, they will show a new set if they have them.

Otherwise, I think that hey have a great product too. I will still buy the catty for ideas too. I think alot of the sets are close in style. They have a much better selection of phrases...and sporting stuff, dirt bikes, horses, ect. SU also has the recipes in the back of our catty and they don't offer that. I also found it hard to find witch set they used on cards that were pictured, they have several pages of samples but no names of the set or page to find it on so I spent alot of time trying to find it and that got to be frustrating for me. They don't picture the card by the sets.

They are both good companies but my personal favorite is SU. Check them both out and go with your personal preference.

Good Luck with whoever you choose.
Shel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Just thought I would throw in my .02 here! I just started with TAC and I have to say that at first I wanted to sign up with SU! but I can't meet the minimums required (plus I have a friend that sells, so it's not like I don't have anyone to order from) SO, I went with TAC... I do not regret it!! love the EZ-mount and got an enormous amount of stamps with my demo kit!!! I love them all!! They are both great companies, you just have to go with what you like best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default su or tac

Ladies another thing to remember is SU ! is 15 years old and has 1000's of reps. TAC is 7 years old and we have 2000 and some reps. The company has more than tripled in size since I joined. Both companies have AWESOME things to offer. I just like rubber!!!!!!
In Him,
Shawna

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Are you strictly in it as a hobby demo or are you trying to make it a business? Once you are sure of the answer and you decide if you can meet the required min by SU!, then why not stay with SU! When you speak of pressure is this from yourself or your upline? I am strictly a hobby demo, now when I first joined I bought stuff that I thought maybe if I had a workshop then I could sell it. Once I decided I am in this strictly for me (which wasn't all that long ago) I was much happier. If you add up all stampin and scrappin purchases that you make (both SU! and non SU!) and you are quite close to the quarterly minimum. It ends up being roughly $25.00 a week. If you spend that then I would stick with SU!, as far as I am concerned you can't beat their stamp designs. I always ask myself (about non SU! stuff), do I really need this, or would I rather spend the money on SU! stuff. I just hope that you make a decision that makes you happy, that is the most important thing. IMHO sorry so long :oops: :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

one thing I saw from the TAC catty is that they dont have as great of hostess incentives as SU has. Like free credit, etc. In a home party based business, the Hostess is the most important part fo your business.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

That said I do like how you can save space with TAC.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

I am not a demo for any company and I have never tried acrylic stamps, but I can think of one little teensy, weensy CON for becoming a TAC angel, and it is:

SPLITCOASTSTAMPERS HAS VERY FEW SAMPLES OF TAC STAMPED CARDS TO VIEW!

This is not a slight to you TAC demos, I am glad you are contributing to this site and I sincerely hope you keep on making contributions daily! I am especially grateful to Shawna for the twinkling H2O's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

Wow my first post. I am a SU demo and hadnt heard of TAC until my friend invited me to a party at her house. She later became a demo and I joined her stamp club. I like something TAC offers. I prefer our hostess benefits but am looking forward to getting a sizzix machine at 50% off. I have stopped purchasing there stamps since I cant demo them. But they do have some neat accessories. I dont like EZ mount. I think its messy and hate changing the stamps. Definately a personal preference. My friends were CTMH fanatics til they found TAC. Now it is all they use. Me...SU all the way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 02:12 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

OK, here is a TAC sample since someone said there weren't enough.
I used the Safari set and Dance with your Spirit set.
I also used the Walnut ink to age the paper.
HaveFaith.jpg
I have no idea whose paper this is - I think it is some SU scraps I had.
Speaking of paper, the only downfall I see to TAC is the fact that their paper and ink don't match. They have a limited supply of cardstock and the ink comes from a different vendor from what I could gather. I signed with CTMH because I love the paper/ink matching and the wide variety of color choices. That was the most important thing to me when I was selecting a company. I enjoy stamps from CTMH, SU, and TAC. However, since CTMH is all acrylic now I converted all my SU stamps to the EZMount system (except for my alphabets - that was a big enough pain to mount them originally). I have not regretted unmounting all my stamps. I now have tons more room for new stamps and I can stamp much more accurately by using acrylic blocks.
Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 03:21 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

The hostess benefits start at 100.00. You receive 1 level A and one 1/2 price item off of anything in the catalog. That can big a HUGE savings!!! Plus just for booking a show you get another half off item. No its not a dollar amount like with SU but when you figure its off of anything in the catty I think thats really good. I can't wait to see how this company grows. It is just taking off.
As far as lots of samples. Since I became a demo I have come across lots of sites people have made that have tons of TAC samples. No, None as good as split but SU is HUGE and TAC is just moving up.
Again I think all companies have great things to offer. Personally I just got my 3rd sellabration and working on my forth. So you see I love SU.
If it helps I have a website with an online catalog showing the stamps. It doesn't show the accessories due to copyright laws. Click on the link below.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 04:11 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

I must add my two cents worth. I love SU and I love TAC. I heard about SU first and I didn't hear about TAC until after I became a demo with SU. It took me two years to decide to demo with SU but if the circumstances were switched and if I would have heard about TAC first, I don't think it would have taken me so long to sign on with them, ( if I would have had as great as an upline as I have with SU). I do love having workshops, but it would be nice if the minimums were a little less with SU so that if I didn't have the oppurtunities to have workshops then the pressure would be off. Both companies have a lot to offer. True SU has been around for 15years, so they have perfected their catty and idea book, their magazine for demos, and their website. But I would love to see how far TAC is going to go and grow in the next couple of years. They have an awesome supply of accessories that SU doesn't offer. Their papers and their inks don't match, yet, but as Shawna said they are only 7 years old.
I just closed out my first book show with my TAC demo (momofdbl check out her website- see her posting) and I am so excited to get my TAC stamps. They have the cutest hula girl set!!!!!!! I got so many free stamps that is just crazy, plus I got three half price items!!!! I can't wait to get my watercolor crayons!!!!!
I love variety. And I think you should really just pour yourself into each catalog and see which one suits you best. Think of where you want to go with this and if you really want to demo or hobby. I also think that a good upline is a key sucess to being a demo with any company.
Angel #2865
Ask me about TAC.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 04:13 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another TAC Angel

I signed up with TAC last July after seeing their new catalog. Love EZ Mount and the prices of the stamp sets. But no one company can be "the end-all be-all" of stamping, so I continue to purchase SU stuff for my personal use.

Debra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:19 AM   #31  
Embossing Fanatic

Default SU V. TAC

I wa a SU demo, but then a friend told me about TAC right about the time I lost my job. I switched companies! For one I have over 200 stamp sets just since I started selling them, that includes SU and TAC. The TAC sets you can order either wood mounted or unmounted for use with the acrylic blocks. So imagine over lets say 150 SU sets all on wood mounts in a little corner of basement in a government issue house. I was running out of room to stamp!! I was being over run with stamps. I switched all me stamps onto the ez mount foam and CD storage, resigned from SU and signed up with TAC. The quota for TAC was much easier for me to deal with than the 350 quota with SU! and seeing as how I'm just a hobby demo, keeps me and hubby talking alot better also!! LOL Also, there were 3 SU! demos on my street alone who had already been established long before I came into the picture. Its hard to sell SU on a military base, at this base that I know of we have 4 demos. The stamp sets are similar, some are almost the exact same. I will admit though that I love the SU! paper and ink!! I still purchase SU! from a friend who lives right across the street , why give up what you love totally! They both have their pros and cons, all you can do is decide whats going to make you happy and go with it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:29 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

I just discovered TAC a few months ago and have only placed one order. I LOVE the EZ mount system. That is definitely the way to go - not just for storage but for ease of stamping. You can see where you are placing the image.
I would be interested in what is involved in signing up with TAC. It sounds like it might be more affordable that SU (I love SU and have tons of their stamp sets).
Also, someone mentioned that there are sites with TAC samples. Could you tell me what they are??
Thanks in advance for any help/info. that I can get. :lol:
Cindy
Lancaster, PA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:40 AM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

Right now with stamp fest going on is a great time to sign up to be a TAC demo. I just signed up a few weeks ago and I love it. I was a SU demo for about 4 yrs, and with a sick DH and 3 kids it was hard. I still have a ton of Su stuff , but that is ok. You should buy what you love, no matter what company you work for. I would go to the TAC website and check it out. Thats what I did , then I went to the angel locator for a list of demos in your area. Contact one ask to purchase a catalog, look through it and have a ball. After I contacted the demo for a catalog, we emailed back and forth and here I am a new demo. Laura has turned out to be an awesome upline and I am so glad I signed up. If you have any other questions feel free to email or pm me, I will try to answer any questions you have. Have a great day,Kerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:46 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW! What a nice discussion. To answer a few questions, I think at this point in my life (being a stressed out SAHM to 2 toddler girls), I want to just be a hobby demo. Although my husband has been supportive of my efforts so far, I can't justify spending $300 a quarter on myself. Yeah, I have a few friends order every now and then, but I value their friendship and stamping companionship more than a few bucks! My upline with SU is awesome - one of the very best!!! She has been extremely helpful to me these past 1.5 years - there is wonderful support for me - unfortunately, they can't help me with the minimums!! To be truly successful at any kind of home-based business, I think the secret is recruiting. Since I don't forsee myself doing that at all, I don't think my business would grow like I would like it too. At this point, I would like to continue to support my habit without going broke doing it. I would still use all my SU stamps and supplies and incorporate new TAC ones in as I acquire them. I'm not planning on going whole hog to one or the other - I love my coordinating inks/papers and designer papers. The pressure I am feeling is strictly my own - I guess b/c I feel guilty about spending so much money without a lot of customer support!!

For those of you who are interested in other website containing images, check out:

http://tac.cardstock.biz/

http://www.lakesidestamping.com/rubber_stamps.htm

From these you can view some of the catalog pages. I can see the cons of the TAC Catty as someone pointed out, but perhaps that will get much better in the future! Thanks for all your posts ladies - I appreciate the feedback very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 06:00 AM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default TAC VS SU!

Here are a few more site's
www.creativecherub.com Jackie got # 1 in the nation for sales last year
www.webstampers.com great gallery
www.stampinsafari.com good www.stamptilyacramp.homestead.com/samples.html
http://pawsnstamp.homestead.com/index.html
And mine should be up and running soon watch for it
www.sweetgrassstamper.com
In Him,
Shawna TAC angel # 565

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 06:13 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for all of the sites. I am going to check on my sick son and then just sit here and check tem out. Can't wait!!
I did go to the TAC website and check out the demo info. This does seem like a good time to sign up. Hmmmm . . . . . . Could be dangerous!!
Thanks again to all.
Cin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 06:36 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

After looking online at the catalog, they do have some really cute stamps. I really like a couple of their alphabets. I do wish that SU! would go to easy mount, strictly for storage. It is also easier to stamp out words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I have many TAC sets and I really like them. I also think the easy mount system is wonderful. I love SU much better overall, I personally think they have a much nicer & prettier selection suited to my taste.
I think you should go on and take the plunge and become a demo. Lots of people (myself included) are more than happy to purchase from different companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 07:03 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

I found TAC through this wonderful site in November and became a demonstrator in December. I chose TAC over SU both because of their once a demo always a demo policy, and their great angel policy. I am now able to sell my handstamped creations in retail locations.
I was a SU demo years ago and found I could not stay active without spending most of the money towards the minimum myself and that is way more than my family can afford.
I agree with others who said spend time looking over the catalog. If you like the product then go for it. I know you will like the low pressure TAC offers.
Trudy TAC Demo #1952
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #40  
Inking Addict

I love CTMH acrylics. They don't take much room to store. They are 100% ready to use as they are delivered. The acrylics are clear so you can see through them which makes lining up stuff very easy. The acrylics also stick a lot better to the acrylic block than the EZmount.

However, I buy mostly stampin up. I seem to like their designs better.

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes