Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:33 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ally Scraps Store

Has anyone ordered from Ally scraps?
I placed an order back on Dec 16th have yet to get my order and have emailed them 3 times with no response.
Any suggestions or has any of you ordered and had the same problem
Thanks Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I haven't ordered from them, but do they have a phone number that you can call them and find out what is going on? Maybe they have been closed for the holidays and haven't got back yet, I am not trying to make excuses for them just saying. Did you pay with PayPal or credit card? You might be able to get them involved with solving this problem. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Default Hoppin

I hope that is it I didnt c anything on there site that they did but who knows
Thank u
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

imsteelefullofscrap......I'm originally from DOVER, Ohio!!! Howdy neighbor! Life has brought me as far south as North Carolina; but I still consider Dover "home".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's their contact info including phone number:

Scrapbooking supplies and scrapbook ideas at Allyscraps.com!

Hope things get ironed out for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I contacted them 2day and was told order never was shipped because 4 items were out of stock!!!! grrr told her I at least would have liked to been notified by email I got a oh were sorry our store is closing and were so busy with inventory!!!
Yayaya canceled my order
Thinking my mailman's wife was a scrapper oh well guess I will have to find another place that carries Mellisa Francis I so love her papers...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I'm dealing with the same thing. Ordered on the 2nd and have yet to hear anything from them. If their store was closing in January, why would they keep selling??? Also I'm surprised that designers like Betsy Veldman and Melissa Phillips would endorse them by designing for the 'Ally Scraps Blog', I'm sure they don't know about the issues yet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #8  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I suggest trying to make a really polite but persistent nuisance of yourself. I once had difficulty receiving stamps from a company I had placed an order with. After several weeks, a couple of emails and no response, I was a little annoyed. I started emailing every.single.day, each time including the email from all the previous days. It did indeed take a while (I actually just went back in my email to check - I saved the last few just to have a record of it all.) I sent more than 80 emails - so it definitely took time & patience on my part. But I DID get my stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
I suggest trying to make a really polite but persistent nuisance of yourself. I once had difficulty receiving stamps from a company I had placed an order with. After several weeks, a couple of emails and no response, I was a little annoyed. I started emailing every.single.day, each time including the email from all the previous days. It did indeed take a while (I actually just went back in my email to check - I saved the last few just to have a record of it all.) I sent more than 80 emails - so it definitely took time & patience on my part. But I DID get my stamps!
80 emails? That is ridiculous! Poor lady, I can't believe companies can be so rude and unethical... I mean they have your money, why not send the product?!

Personally I don't have the time or inclination to harass a company for things I have paid for, I'd be more likely to file a PayPal claim than send 80 emails.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

One thing is for sure, with service like that they do not have to worry about my money.. That is what makes this such a great place, to see where others are buying, who is good who is not It is so helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Would there be better place to put a thread like this, to get more responses? I know there are more people who have bought from them.... we can't be the only 2!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Default Ally Scraps - Order not received and no response to inquiries

Just want to send an FYI regarding Ally Scraps. I placed an order on June 1 and paid via PayPal. One June 12, I received an email stating my order had shipped and to click on the provided link to see the tracking information. I did so but there was no tracking info. I immediately emailed them and told them the tracking information was not available on the link provided and to please send me the tracking info via email.

I sent another email June 15 again requesting an update on my order and if it had in fact shipped June 12, for the tracking information.

I received an email on June 19 from Cathy at Ally Scraps stating her husband was in the hospital and had had 5 heart bypasses. Of course I felt terrible for her and could understand the delay. She also stated " I have spent a minimum of 18 hours a day at the hospital, and a few overnights. I have not checked emails, right now I have 309 waiting, I will not be reading them. Please understand, I hope to have orders in the mail to you by Thursday of this week. If you have sent me an email and still feel this does not answer your question, please send me another one."

On Thursday, June24 and again June 30 I sent email inquiries and did not receive a response. I called the telephone number on their site June 29 and June 39 and explained the problem and left my phone number. My phone calls were not returned.

I checked her blog to see if she had posted something updating her customers with outstanding orders and found nothing, although the blog continues to be updated by designers.

Finally this morning I called my credit card company and PayPal to report the problem. The credit card company is refunding my payment to Ally Scraps, which was over $100, and going to open an investigation. Once the investigation is opened, PayPal will be notified.

I am totally sympathetic and absolutely understand a family crisis. I just wish she had responded and told me whether or not my order had in fact shipped - which would mean it was lost in the mail - or it had not shipped.

I've never had this problem with any other online store. I wish I had Googled Ally Scraps and found this post before I placed an order.

I just want other scrappers ordering on line to be informed of the problem I've experienced.
Reply With Quote Likes