Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #81  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My hubby is very supportive. We just moved again and so he is helping to set up my fifth stamp room. Our son even jumped into the project and made me an awesome punch rack. Hubby gave up the master bedroom for me to use as it's the only bedroom downstairs and I spend more time in my room than I do sleeping. LOL Anyway, I love them both for the helpers they are and that they think I deserve my hobbies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #82  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschele64View Post
Oh! Leslie, & "Flash & Rusty" -- how could I forget the gifts! We do those the same way too. When we were adding on to our house we bought bathroom fixtures for Christmas & anniversary gifts. There probably aren't too many girls out there that can say they got a toilet for their 11th anniversary! It's ok--he surprised me with an amazing trip to Hawaii for our 20th and gave me a beautiful diamond as we watched the sunset on the beach. Our male friends weren't very happy with him for setting the standard so high! lol
I got a router for my birthday (or was it Christmas) and it wasn't even for me to use! Oh well, DH really did make some wonderful things with it and always kids me about it being a good thing I got it as a gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My crafting, absolutely 150% he supports my crafty love. He oohs and aahs over what I make and always helps me pick out titles for my scrapbook layouts. He comes into my scrap area to look at what I am working on.

BUT The buying. . . eh, NO! He is a complete tightwad and I went through about a year of buying anything and everything and now he thinks I never need to buy anything ever again! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Mine is 50/50

Mine is supportive to a point. He has been supportive of me having my own office/craft room, supplies,etc. BUT he gets snotty when i want/need to be in there to craft! :confused: but when he wants to "hide out" in his offic or garage or basement it's all good. I'll never understand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Supportive no, tollerant yes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #86  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I am happy to say that my husband is also very supportive. Ever since I started making cards (about 4 years ago), he as been my #1 fan. He is a professional artist and when we purchased our new house 5 years ago, we made one of the extra bedrooms his studio. About 1 1/2 years ago, he decided to move my craft space out of the bedroom and gave me half of his studio space. Just recently, he moved his stuff out of the closet in the room and built me a counter, the entire length of the closet. I can't believe he has done this for me! I was diagnosed with a blood cancer in Jan. of this year and he says that my card making is extremely important for me to keep doing, when I feel up to it. He has been such a sweetheart for his encouragement and help. He also will give me his opinion about what I am making, but only when I ask him. LOL! I am truly blessed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #87  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschele64View Post
Oh! Leslie, & "Flash & Rusty" -- how could I forget the gifts! We do those the same way too. When we were adding on to our house we bought bathroom fixtures for Christmas & anniversary gifts. There probably aren't too many girls out there that can say they got a toilet for their 11th anniversary! It's ok--he surprised me with an amazing trip to Hawaii for our 20th and gave me a beautiful diamond as we watched the sunset on the beach. Our male friends weren't very happy with him for setting the standard so high! lol
You've topped me with your toilet gift lol! My closest to that would be a new ceiling fan in our bedroom which was an anniversary gift to each other one year. True, we both benefit from it and me even moreso now since I'm approaching menopause and hot flashes. I know some people are hurt by household gifts and don't consider them personal. I consider them as personal as any diamond ring or bouquet of flowers. If I get some gizmo that makes my life easier in the kitchen or any other part of the house, then it benefits me because I'm the primary user of those items. When "I" got a new slowcooker and new dishes one year at Christmas, hubby and I joked about the fact that when we divorce I get everything in the kitchen since it was all gifted to me LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #88  
Crimping Master

So, who has their SU stuff shipped to their demo and not to their house?! Fess up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #89  
Crimping Master

My husband lives by "happy wife, happy life" .

Whenever I have ladies over to stamp he helps set up tables, fill the dishwasher, and takes the kids out for an ice cream. He sometimes teases me about my mortgage payment sized orders but I remind him that it's all from the money I earned through my hobby, and he totally loves to harrass me about it. It's one of the things I love about him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #90  
Pearl-ExPert

My hubby is wonderfully supportive! He fishes, I stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #91  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
You've topped me with your toilet gift lol! My closest to that would be a new ceiling fan in our bedroom which was an anniversary gift to each other one year. True, we both benefit from it and me even moreso now since I'm approaching menopause and hot flashes. I know some people are hurt by household gifts and don't consider them personal. I consider them as personal as any diamond ring or bouquet of flowers. If I get some gizmo that makes my life easier in the kitchen or any other part of the house, then it benefits me because I'm the primary user of those items. When "I" got a new slowcooker and new dishes one year at Christmas, hubby and I joked about the fact that when we divorce I get everything in the kitchen since it was all gifted to me LOL!
I always ask for practical gifts. I'd be happier with stamps or horse shampoo than diamonds.
We're going to do a new deck for our anniversary this year, I ordered Copics for my birthday. My best present from him ever was a new saddle. And it's ALL my idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanasnanaView Post
My hubby is wonderfully supportive! He fishes, I stamp.
Great combo--he feeds the body, you feed the soul!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

My DH is awesome too! I have only been scrappin' for 2 years and he is just tickled that I've found something that makes me happy. He's my biggest fan. He thinks my cards and pages are works of art and loves that I'm documenting our son's life for him. He has even made up "gift certificates" for all the holidays that have scrapping dollors on them! Too cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #94  
Insane Embellisher

It would be nice to have a bit of support or atleast tolerance from my spouse but sadly there is none, for any of my creative endeavors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 05:05 AM   #95  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by B'Lou MoonView Post
It would be nice to have a bit of support or atleast tolerance from my spouse but sadly there is none, for any of my creative endeavors.
I'm so sorry to hear that you don't get support from your husband. At least you found SCS for support. It is nice to see you interact because that's a good way to get support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I feel so bad for you. If it helps, I send my virtual support. Keep crafting and the best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That totally stinks, but you can find support elsewhere (especially here and other online places where we all understand )

I understand kind of what that is like to not have the support and it hurts. My husband is great about it, but my mom, not so much (and we are still living with her for another month LOL) My mother used to be totally like that. She used to be totally against my crafting and would do the whole, "oh that's nice" and half glance at the project I was trying to show her.

I actually got her involved in crafting a bit, but she still doesn't understand my passion for it. Rather than running my stamp company, she occasionally still tells me to "get a REAL job" which can really sting at times because that means that she doesn't support my business at all and thinks I am wasting my life away (I have two college degrees and neither of them are in stamping LOL That is her argument).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescrapmasterView Post
That totally stinks, but you can find support elsewhere (especially here and other online places where we all understand )

I understand kind of what that is like to not have the support and it hurts. My husband is great about it, but my mom, not so much (and we are still living with her for another month LOL) My mother used to be totally like that. She used to be totally against my crafting and would do the whole, "oh that's nice" and half glance at the project I was trying to show her.

I actually got her involved in crafting a bit, but she still doesn't understand my passion for it. Rather than running my stamp company, she occasionally still tells me to "get a REAL job" which can really sting at times because that means that she doesn't support my business at all and thinks I am wasting my life away (I have two college degrees and neither of them are in stamping LOL That is her argument).
As a mom, I know first hand how kids can take a path different from what was envisioned (I would have loved it if my daughter had decided to have kids, but is a career woman instead--at least she decided to get married!!). However, I always wanted my children to be happy, well adjusted, good, productive people, which they all are. They say that my constantly telling them to be happy is what made them choose the lives they have. Maybe if your mom knew how happy, well-adjusted and good you are because of your chosen path--even if it is different from what she envisioned, she might be very thankful that stamping is your passion--after all it could be a whole lot worse! Collage degrees are great--there are 5 Masters plus a Doctorate in this family--but one learns lots more about themselves than simply about the subject matter, and obviously your collage days were not wasted as you have learned to be happy, productive and well adjusted. How many people can claim that? Good luck and keep on keeping on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #99  
Glitter Queen

As long as I don't complain about DH's computer time, he's perfectly content with my hobbies! Good thing to because I have a lot of them!
Reply With Quote Likes