Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wood Holder for Heat Embossing Gun

Where to find? I was at a class last night and the lady had done - that held your gun and had a place to put your project - very cool. But, of course, this was handmade and the person who made it was no longer doing so. Any ideas where to find one?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #2  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No but maybe one designed for a hair dryer will work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I was able to find a video on how to make one: Embossing Tool Stand

Do you know anyone who is a little bit handy, that could put one together for you? I know my former demo had one that was made by a local woodworking guy, and it did work pretty slick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #4  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Embossing Heat Tool Gun Stand Holder for Marvy Uchida Darice Zap Powder New | eBay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my Creative Memories cup holder and it looks like you can still find them out there. I hooks right onto my desk and is just the right size!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Patty Bennett - a Stampin' Up! demonstrator - has them on her site. I think her husband makes them. Patty's Stamping Spot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

This is kind'a funny, (not ha ha). I have been working on a design for just that. I was getting ready to ask my son in law to build me something that would hold both my heat gun, my glue gun and my glue pot. I wanted the heat gun (which is the tube style) to be held above so I wouldn't have to hold it if I was working on something that I need to heat but I need to control with my hands. I'm pretty much done designing it, just making some tweaks. When I am done designing it, I will post a picture of it. Maybe if it isn't too time consuming for him he can make a few to sell on here.

I use a glue gun sometimes when I make mini albums. I HATE ripping something up when I've adhered it and it's incorrect. I rather use my heat gun and melt it and work it back off. This method requires me to have someone else hold the heat gun for me. I really don't have someone around when I'm creating.

Anyway, He's quick and handy. I was planning on giving him the specks to mine this week so maybe next weekend if he's not too busy he can make it. I'm trying to get small projects like this for him to do before he heads up to Wyoming to work in the oil fields for a month at a shot.

I will try to scan my specs and post them on here too, just in case you have someone who can make it for you. It shouldn't cost more the 10-15 bucks in supplies. I wanted to have a tile for the glue gun to rest so if glue oozes it its on the tile. I want to incorporate my little dipper glue pot too. I love making paper and fabric flowers all three of these would be good together I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 01:38 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite easy to make. I; well my hubby had made one using the wood blocks after removing the rubber stamps.

Have found this one; https://www.etsy.com/listing/8876092...at-gun-station

or...........
Heat Tool Holder Offer - Patty's Stamping Spot

If you are handy with tools or have a hubby, neighbor, friend or family member; they can be made very easily and only takes a few minutes of time.

Last edited by grannyof8; 08-20-2014 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: added another link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 01:40 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Link to tutorial on making one.
She's a Sassy Lady: DIY Embossing Gun Holder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 04:24 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I use a doll stand and just use a string or rubber band to hold the two sides closed at the front. It doesn't work for the Ranger heat gun, but it does for all the others.

Crafts, Hobbies & Fabric Crafts, Dollmaking, Doll Stands | Shop Hobby Lobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

i use a metal doll stand that you use for 14 inch dolls. I put the gun down and it fits right in. It takes up very little room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I don't use my heat gun that often what is out there for glue guns alone?? The small Walmart/Michael's/Joann's type.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Not so fast!!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276View Post
This is kind'a funny, (not ha ha). I have been working on a design for just that. I was getting ready to ask my son in law to build me something that would hold both my heat gun, my glue gun and my glue pot. I wanted the heat gun (which is the tube style) to be held above so I wouldn't have to hold it if I was working on something that I need to heat but I need to control with my hands. I'm pretty much done designing it, just making some tweaks. When I am done designing it, I will post a picture of it. Maybe if it isn't too time consuming for him he can make a few to sell on here.

I use a glue gun sometimes when I make mini albums. I HATE ripping something up when I've adhered it and it's incorrect. I rather use my heat gun and melt it and work it back off. This method requires me to have someone else hold the heat gun for me. I really don't have someone around when I'm creating.

Anyway, He's quick and handy. I was planning on giving him the specks to mine this week so maybe next weekend if he's not too busy he can make it. I'm trying to get small projects like this for him to do before he heads up to Wyoming to work in the oil fields for a month at a shot.

I will try to scan my specs and post them on here too, just in case you have someone who can make it for you. It shouldn't cost more the 10-15 bucks in supplies. I wanted to have a tile for the glue gun to rest so if glue oozes it its on the tile. I want to incorporate my little dipper glue pot too. I love making paper and fabric flowers all three of these would be good together I think.
If your "pattern" is REALLY GOOD, you MIGHT want to have it copyrighted/patented...! Don't show it until you do that!!! You could sell it for crafting $$$!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #14  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a holder like the one Patty is selling. Purchased it a long time ago at a stamp convention. First thing that happened was that I left the gun in the holder after using it, and the heat burned something out in it. My hubby, being a mechanical kind of guy, fixed it for me.. Seems the guns should be set on their sides to cool. I now have a different gun, but only use the holder for storing it. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. They ARE handy to have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I use my Creative Memories cup holder and it looks like you can still find them out there. I hooks right onto my desk and is just the right size!
Please explain how you use this to hold your heat gun. I'm having trouble visualizing it. I happen to have 2 of these and would love to repurpose one for a heat gun. If you could post a photo of the holder in use, it would be much appreciated! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

I have a wire one with a metal base that I purchased sometime back, but I don't know where. I'll take a picture of it and post it when I get home.
Reply With Quote Likes