Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

This was the year everything either broke or needed to be replaced in our house so my new french door refrigerator was my husband's and my gift to each other; of course the old one broke on a Fri. night, garbage pickup is Fri. morn and we did a big Costco shopping earlier that day too! We replaced the carpet in the living room and had hardwood flooring installed in all our halls in Oct; my computer died the same week and it was cheaper to buy a new one than to fix the 3 year old one then transferring data only took 3 tries before they got it right! Looking forward to 2013!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #42  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 805 Likes on 328 Posts

One gf gave me a huge box of stamping things: stamps, embellishments, dsp etc. I had the most fun opening it!! Another gf gave me a gift cert. to HL which I used to get a label maker and some adhesive refills. Love that label maker!! I've labeled all the containers in my stack n' store, and all the tags on my embossing folder sample ring. Another gf gave me the lolly die from SU.

DH gave me a Kindle which has been getting a lot of use too, especially since I'm recovering from surgery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a guitar from my sis! No I don't play, I but I think I will have to learn. Our mom played beautifully and I have such fond memories. Not a lot of stamping stuff, but I tend to buy that for myself and just had hit the SU clearance rack, so I did pretty well there too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #44  
Glitter Guru

A light box for photographing my cards.

Designing for:
Tiddly Inks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #45  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,918 Likes on 2,186 Posts

My favorite gift is more because of how it came about. My BFF does not make cards or scrapbook, but this year for Christmas she wanted to give me something related to it. So not having the last name of my demo, she called a friend's MIL, who gave her friends phone number who gave her demo's name and number. Then she called or emailed the demo, and was going to get me a gift certificate, but demo had a copy of my wish list yet. So I got Lovely As a Tree and embossing powder from a non cardmaking friend and was touched at all the trouble she went to in order to get it! Then, we decided to meet for lunch on a WEdnesday and she secretly met my demo (who graciously put everything in a gift bag) right before our lunch. She even gave me the new catalog and SAB catalog after lunch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

Tim Holtz rosette die, a 12x12 album, and a pile of bits and bobs, including lace and stamps. I also got some masks which I've never used before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #47  

My kids gave me a set of Dreamz interchangeable knitting needles and a Sizzlits alphabet set, the font is called Cherish. I am very spoiled

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A nice new Ott lamp on a nice stand, tall to put over my craft desk!, a gift card to Archivers, and a new Electrolux vacuum cleaner! I actually wanted one!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Some new watercolor pencils, some bling, some pop dots, and a hero arts/sizzix set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #50  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,918 Likes on 2,186 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a GView Post
A nice new Ott lamp on a nice stand, tall to put over my craft desk!, a gift card to Archivers, and a new Electrolux vacuum cleaner! I actually wanted one!!!
Speaking of Ott lamps....I was looking at ACMoore today and couldn't find any. I wonder if they quit selling them. I forgot to look at Michaels when I went in. I was hoping to get either a stand one, or one on a clip that I could clip to the shelf above my desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #51  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

Nothing craft related but I did get an Amazon gift card. Don't know if they sell anything craft related or not. I've never shopped there before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #52  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bound4londonView Post
Nothing craft related but I did get an Amazon gift card. Don't know if they sell anything craft related or not. I've never shopped there before.
They certainly do! Enjoy your shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DD helped DH pick out some goodies from my wish list....tabletop cutter, a stamp set and some needed glue sticks and paper snips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #54  

Received 854 Likes on 281 Posts

The only craft related thing I got was from my DD. She bought me 10 packages of Swarovski crystals and she seemed to be in a blingy mood because she also bought me some sequin covered slippers. My other obsession is beading and when I'm not stamping, I'm on the other side of my studio beading.
DH has had my wishlist for months and didn't get me a single thing on it :( but he did get me another Jim Shore angel to add to my extensive angel collection
My MIL gave me $200 cold hard cash. Half is going to be spent on some of my creative wishlist and the other half is going into savings so that I can go and see my dying uncle back in Michigan later this spring.

The BEST gift for me though was having my eldest daughter and her man home for Christmas. They were able to come for 4 whole days!

Quote:

Actually, in the right hands these could be made into a lovely card, but unfortunately not my hands. LOL.
Maybe if the papers aren't too bold you could emboss them with a heavily patterned background stamp and then add a layer with an image or sentiment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #55  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
The only craft related thing I got was from my DD. She bought me 10 packages of Swarovski crystals and she seemed to be in a blingy mood because she also bought me some sequin covered slippers. My other obsession is beading and when I'm not stamping, I'm on the other side of my studio beading.
DH has had my wishlist for months and didn't get me a single thing on it :( but he did get me another Jim Shore angel to add to my extensive angel collection
My MIL gave me $200 cold hard cash. Half is going to be spent on some of my creative wishlist and the other half is going into savings so that I can go and see my dying uncle back in Michigan later this spring.

The BEST gift for me though was having my eldest daughter and her man home for Christmas. They were able to come for 4 whole days!

Maybe if the papers aren't too bold you could emboss them with a heavily patterned background stamp and then add a layer with an image or sentiment.
Oh the papers are very boldly coloured, lol. They are those indian handmade papers so they are only good for cutting and folding, not stamping. I could try bleach stamping onto them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Love2Craft

I got some Spectrum Noir markers. That was the one thing I had asked for. Of course I didn't do my homework first, I can't use them yet because I need different paper. I have SU only card stock. I checked on here for what kind of paper but the search doesn't help. I have found to order online but I want to use them like yesterday. Does HL, ACMoore or JoAnn's have the paper I can use? I desperately want to play with them so any suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Received 281 Likes on 101 Posts

I got the new SU tabletop trimmer, builder spacers & wheel, dazzling details, and a cute words stamp set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Cameo and magnifying light for the craft table, love that DH. My sons' gave GC to Mike's and my Pastor gave me a VISA GC, she knows I shop everywhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #59  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Neat thread! I'm enjoying reading about everyone's gifts received for Christmas. I received the best Crafting gift I have ever been given. I get together every week with two stamping friends, and my one stamping buddy, gave us for our gift this year. what she called "The 12 days of Crafting" In a bag were 12 wrapped gifts...Most from her crafting stash...but neat things I didn't have. and with each gift an envelope to go along with the gift with printed instructions for crafts, links from the web, and tutorials to go to ...to use the supplies. It's been like taking a daily class. Although I told her it's more like the 12 weeks of Crafting, because some are too involved for one day of crafting. But it's so much fun, I'm in craft heaven, and feel really blessed that she has done this for us, and gone to so much trouble.
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD from PAUSAView Post
Neat thread! I'm enjoying reading about everyone's gifts received for Christmas. I received the best Crafting gift I have ever been given. I get together every week with two stamping friends, and my one stamping buddy, gave us for our gift this year. what she called "The 12 days of Crafting" In a bag were 12 wrapped gifts...Most from her crafting stash...but neat things I didn't have. and with each gift an envelope to go along with the gift with printed instructions for crafts, links from the web, and tutorials to go to ...to use the supplies. It's been like taking a daily class. Although I told her it's more like the 12 weeks of Crafting, because some are too involved for one day of crafting. But it's so much fun, I'm in craft heaven, and feel really blessed that she has done this for us, and gone to so much trouble.
Wish there was a big LIKE:p button! This is very cool!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Speaking of Ott lamps....I was looking at ACMoore today and couldn't find any. I wonder if they quit selling them. I forgot to look at Michaels when I went in. I was hoping to get either a stand one, or one on a clip that I could clip to the shelf above my desk.
Jo Ann's has them, and they have a nice online store too! A few times a year they put them on sale.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #62  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Michael's has OTT lights so take your coupon with you. I have a floor lamp OTT. For traveling to stamp with friends (cabin stamping, lake stamping, jammie stamping) I bought a portable battery powered OTT that is wonderful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #63  
Stampin' Fool

It was a knitting Christmas for me. Books, sock forms and a gift card to a local yarn store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #64  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD from PAUSAView Post
What a terrific gift (and a terrific idea for any stamping friend gift). Yea, big LIKE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #65  
Glitter Queen

So true the handmade cards cost a fortune and no one but a card maker knows that !!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 AM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

I too get my own crafting supplies, so nothing like that. Got a nice warm hat for the long walks in from the parking lot at work, various gift cards. But the best of all was seeing our oldest granddaughter who went into the Air Force the first of September. God Bless that girl! She brought home a gift for EVERYONE! I am sporting Air Force earrrings and Grandpa an Air Force camo cap! Seeing her and those were the best gifts of all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

I was totally spoiled this year. I got a fantastic Epson photo printer AND a silhouette cameo! I've played with both and absolutely LOVE them! So cool to be able to cut any font on my computer with the silhouette. No more cartridges for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #68  
Inking Addict

My husband doesn't shop much (let's my daughter do it for him) so tells me to get what I want. I got three die sets from Spellbinders. My son and his wife gave me 3 packs of textured 12x12 white cardstock and a gift certificate to the local stamp shop. Wasn't expecting that as the kids and grandkids had gotten us tickets to our local theater in November to see Mannheim Steamroller. Great gift! Had a wonderful Christmas with our three children and spouses and 8 of the 9 grandkids. (One had to work on Christmas Eve. Bummer!) And our son-in-law had surgery the Friday before and was able to join us. He was my biggest gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

My DH bought me my entire wish list from Simon Says Stamps! No, it wasn't totally crazy, but it was certainly a large gift for us to give each other (we have 6 kids and 2 grandkids). Problem is - it still isn't here! My b-day is also in December so this was a combined present but since it hasn't come, he also bought me the entire DVD collection of the West Wing tv show. He definitely is a DDDDDH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #70  
Compulsive Stamper

Happy new year Everyone ! I got fun brads and ink pads from daughter in law, and lots of card magazines to enjoy while I recover from broken leg ! I'm such a klutz ... stepped in a hole Dec 3rd, and wont be "weight bearing" for about 12 weeks. Didn't get to finish my christmas cards.....so am working on a plan to turn them into Valentines ! Red is Red....right ? ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #71  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the Sizzix Eclips and the ECAL software to go with it! I've played a little bit with it and am loving it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh it was a crafty Christmas for me. One of my daughters gave me 4 sets of nesties I wanted: Decorative Labels One, Labels 19, Decorative Labels 27 and the Donna Salazar Wonderful Wings. My other daughter gave me the Sweet Treats & Ashlyn's Alphabet Cricut cartridges and the Fall & Spring Friendship Jar Fillers from PTI. DH gave me gift certs for some massages (YUMMY) and a ticket to see "WICKED" this summer!! I must have been a very good girl! Sounds like alot of you were good and got some really nice craft gifts or even other stuff!! Happy New Year
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #73  
Matboard Maniac

There was only one thing under the tree this year for me. It was an envelope. When I opened it...A printout with the Copic Certification Class Info was all that was inside. My DH said that he registered me for the basic and intermediate Copic Class that was coming to my area in February! That was a nice surprise.
Blessings,
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #74  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

We only do stocking stuffers on the sly as no one is supposed to know who played Santa for any gift (must be small, but not necessarily in cost) so I got a Nestibilities I've been wanting and from DD and SIL (who else?) a promissory note for a "Happy Birthday" stamp of my choice/designing to be specially made. I have been looking for a really fancy one and can't seem to find one ready made, so am very excited about this process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #75  
Cardstock Collector

I received an Amazon GC from our daughter. Thought about getting paper crimper but wondering if I would use it enough to justify cost. Open to comments!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #76  
Matboard Maniac

I received the best gift; more TIME to play (create) with my stuff! DH bought me the robotic vacumn and a robotic floor washer! and since I am not having to vacumn and mop floors, I have hours more to play. I also received a Distress stamp storage for 48 and now I need so many more stamps to fill it. A very happy stamper I am. Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara BolandView Post
I received an Amazon GC from our daughter. Thought about getting paper crimper but wondering if I would use it enough to justify cost. Open to comments!!!
I don't use mine every day, but I do use it and for lots of different things that only the crimper can do. They are not too expensive. You could use a coupon for Joann or Michael's and save you Amazon GC for something you can't get at a local store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #78  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I got an Archiver's Gift Card so I went and signed up for a card class. I also got an Ott Craft Lamp for my worktable :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #79  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I went and bought one from Jo-Ann with a 40% coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #80  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Everyone at my place put their foot down this year and said they wanted to get presents for me not me buying craft stuff on line and handing it to them saying that's what they were giving me.

I didn't get a single thing from family that was craft but the gifts were gorgeous, my best friend and partner in craft crime came to the rescue with a ribbon cutter, ribbons and a book.

However I did make up for this as a post Christmas treat for me. Unity was having a 75% off sale on selected items so splurged a little.

Cheers

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote Likes