Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vacation to Back Bay, Boston, USA - Any craft stores nearby?

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask anyone if they knew of any recommended card making/scrapbooking/craft stores that were near to the Back Bay Area - near to the Prudential Center, Boston. My parents are due to go for a holiday there, and I plan on giving them a shopping list ;) lol.

I have looked up Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's as they are the names I hear about a lot on here, but wondered if there were any other stores worth mentioning that are not too far away.

Also, can anyone answer, where/how do I get coupons for Michaels/JoAnns - is it a particular newspaper they need to get? As it'd be even better if they could buy craft stuff with a coupon too!

Thanks for reading, and fingers crossed for some responses

babybluegirl

2.28pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only place that is in that area is Paper Source. It is right on Bolyston St closer towards Boston Common. They have wood mounted stamps, lots of pretty unique paper, punched and embelishments (they do sell stickles, glitter, eyelets, brads, etc). A lot of the stuff on the website they carry instore.

The website is www.paper-source.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 06:22 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Yes the Paper Source is the only store close to the Back Bay area. There is not alot of craft stores around Massachusetts at all, other than the popular Ac Moore and Michaels, and even for those you have to travel beyond Boston. But the Paper Source is a nice little store, some things are alittle pricey but what can you expect the Back Bay is one of the richest parts of Boston.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

if you get the Boston Globe Sunday paper, they come with coupons for Michaels & AC Moore - or you can go to each of their websites, and sign up for their weekly newsletter - they will then email you the coupon each week

unforunately there really isn't much in the Back Bay area for scrapbooking. You really have to get out of the city into the suburbs to hit the scrapbook stores. There is one in Tewksbury (North), Westford (West), and North Attelboro (South).

Hope that helps you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Thanks so much for the replies so far! Didn't realise there wouldn't be many craft shops in the area.

Bye for now,

babybluegirl

4.20pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #6  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 634 Likes on 444 Posts

There is a Michaels and ACMoore that you can take the bus too. Michaels is in Everett and ACMoore is in Somerville.
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

I live in the Back Bay and unfortunately the other posters are correct. :(

I do mostly online shopping or at Michael's or A.C. Moore and even those stores are out in the suburbs (a car ride or bus trip out).

Absolutely Everything is a great store in Topsfield, MA but it is a 45 minute (at least) drive from Boston.

If you wanted to find an online retailer and ship to me, I could definitely meet up w/ your parents and deliver it to you. I live right near the Prudential Center. It sounds a little crazy I realize, so I doubt you would take me up on that offer ;) but you never know.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I do like the Paper Source CS colors (I believe there is CS and thinner paper) and their matching envelopes. They have some really pretty colors (which can be viewed on their website). I normally do not like to spend the extra money on matching envelopes but for special occasions I do use them. The Boston store was the first Paper Source I visited. There are a handful across the country. (oh yes, and they have brads in matching colors too).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Thanks to all your replies, you've been most helpful! I'll have to get my parents to check out Paper Source

babybluegirl

6.27pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I love Boston and I visit it a lot... aside from Paper Source on Boylston, there's a tiny stamp "stand" at Faneuil Hall. That aside, I usually drive to Ink About It (near Westford/Littleton; about 45 mins NW of Boston), Right at Home Scrapbooking in N. Attleboro (not far from Wrentham Outlet, really, so we do both in one trip - and there are various branches of Michaels and Jo-Anns nearby) and sometimes Colorful Creations in Hyannis, Cape Cod. I've been to the Michaels in Everrett several times too.

Right at Home are very good at shipping stuff to your hotel. I'm sure the other stores would do likewise.

Off topic: I am trying to work out how to get to Worcester from Logan within an hour in November... if anyone who lives locally has any ideas, please let me know! (I wouldn't have time to pick up a hire car and clear customs, as I need to be there for 7.30pm and the flight lands at 5.30pm, so I'll need to find a taxi service of some kind to get me to Worcester urgently... the hotel are quoting me a driver at $65 an hour, which is too expensive as I'll need a lift back again that evening and I'd like a flat rate). Thanks in advance! :confused:

Stampin' Up! demonstrator - Scotland
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by moostamperView Post
I love Boston and I visit it a lot... aside from Paper Source on Boylston, there's a tiny stamp "stand" at Faneuil Hall. That aside, I usually drive to Ink About It (near Westford/Littleton; about 45 mins NW of Boston), Right at Home Scrapbooking in N. Attleboro (not far from Wrentham Outlet, really, so we do both in one trip - and there are various branches of Michaels and Jo-Anns nearby) and sometimes Colorful Creations in Hyannis, Cape Cod. I've been to the Michaels in Everrett several times too.

Right at Home are very good at shipping stuff to your hotel. I'm sure the other stores would do likewise.

Off topic: I am trying to work out how to get to Worcester from Logan within an hour in November... if anyone who lives locally has any ideas, please let me know! (I wouldn't have time to pick up a hire car and clear customs, as I need to be there for 7.30pm and the flight lands at 5.30pm, so I'll need to find a taxi service of some kind to get me to Worcester urgently... the hotel are quoting me a driver at $65 an hour, which is too expensive as I'll need a lift back again that evening and I'd like a flat rate). Thanks in advance! :confused:
hmmm Logan to Worcester at 530pm - what day of the week? I can tell you if it's a weekday you have no chance...traffic in Boston is HORRENDOUS, especially going West Bound at rush hour on a work day. :(

Even without traffic, Logan to Worcester is about an hour by car - you might be able to find a bus that will take you there right from Logan. Try visiting the MBTA website and see if they have any buses that go out that far. The other option is taking the Commuter Line and then hopping on a bus - I guess it depends how far into Worcester you need to be.

Good Luck to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

When my husband and I were in Boston 2 years ago I looked and looked for the stamp store at Faneuil Hall (don't kow why we kept missing it). When I did finally find it I was very disappointed.... many of the stamps were old (you know when the rubber looks old -- a bit brittle), they had the $1 stamps from Michaels for sale at much more than a $1 (perhaps like $5), and when i asked the lady a question she was not friendly at all. I almost felt like I should buy something because I had drug my husband all over looking for the stop but I absolutely found nothing I wanted to spend my money on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Thanks for your messages

babybluegirl

7.47pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Hi there,

My parents are leaving tomorrow morning for Boston armed with lots of information, print outs of names, addresses, opening hours etc of craft shops and my wish list

Thanks to all of you with your comments and help.

babybluegirl

7.48pm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

My parents made it to AC Moore on their visit to Boston I'll find out on their return just what it was like! Wish I could have been let loose in the store ;) lol.

babybluegirl

5.24am
Reply With Quote Likes