Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Univenture Binders and Storage Panel Question

For those of you that have your stamps stored on the ez mount storage panels and then in a univenture binder or something similar, do you store your stamps on both sides of the storage panel? It says that stamps can be stored on both sides of the panel. However, do I need to worry about stamps being somehow damaged from the pressure of laying directly on top of each other? (Majority of stamps will be on EZ mount foam)

Also, do you store your clear/polymer stamps on the panels as well? How well do they stick. I really want a uniform system of storing my stamps, but am unsure about putting the clear stamps on the panels. I mostly have Papertrey Ink and Verve stamps. Since the Papertrey Ink stamps come with CD for storage, I am having a hard time separating from that since it looks cute, but I personally don't like CD storage. The cases always seem to break on me.

Does anyone know if a page protector fits in the univenture binders?

Thanks for your input!

My Blog

Last edited by luckygal; 08-11-2010 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Another question added
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Hi Elizabeth,

I have just started using the univenture binders and ez mount storage panels. I plan to store stamps on both sides so that I get my $$$ worth out of these items.

I already have a seperate binder started that I use for indexing. Sometimes, when I'm searching for that perfect stamp, I like that I can go to one binder that has images of all my stamps. It will be a simple processs of adding binder # or title so that I know which univenture binder that stamp set lives.

I'll be honest that I was super excited about storing some of my lower quality clear stamps in these binders. I was a little dissappointed that they did not seem to stick so well to the ez mount boards, so I backed off from plan for now. I did not try it with high quality polymer stamps yet. It may be better to use acetate sheets and reinforce them with chipboard.

I'm with you on that it is a tough decision about the PTI CD cases. I honestly do think it would be easier to say have ALL my background series stamps together and so forth. Plus, I could access many more stamp sets at once. I think I have reached a critical number of stamp sets in CD cases that is sort of becoming an inconvenience to pull out multiples.

HTH,
Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccboobooView Post
Hi Elizabeth,

I have just started using the univenture binders and ez mount storage panels. I plan to store stamps on both sides so that I get my $$$ worth out of these items.

I already have a seperate binder started that I use for indexing. Sometimes, when I'm searching for that perfect stamp, I like that I can go to one binder that has images of all my stamps. It will be a simple processs of adding binder # or title so that I know which univenture binder that stamp set lives.

I'll be honest that I was super excited about storing some of my lower quality clear stamps in these binders. I was a little dissappointed that they did not seem to stick so well to the ez mount boards, so I backed off from plan for now. I did not try it with high quality polymer stamps yet. It may be better to use acetate sheets and reinforce them with chipboard.

I'm with you on that it is a tough decision about the PTI CD cases. I honestly do think it would be easier to say have ALL my background series stamps together and so forth. Plus, I could access many more stamp sets at once. I think I have reached a critical number of stamp sets in CD cases that is sort of becoming an inconvenience to pull out multiples.

HTH,
Carrie

Thank you for your reply. Right now I am in the process of taking my rubber stamps off the wood blocks. I am putting each stamp in an envelop and marking it with stamp name, company, item #, price, and listing the categories it will fit in. So when I finally receive my mounting supplies and binders in the mail, I can take the stamp, mount it, stamp my index sheets, and then store my stamp in the appropriate location. I plan to stamp the stamp in all categories it fits in, but mark which binder it is stored.

I am excited about the method above, however, my clear stamps are still sitting in their original packaging, mainly unused. I thought that if I could store them with the rest of my stamps that they may get more use. I am just really attached to having one cohesive storage for all my stamps.

Thank you for providing your experience with storing the clear stamps on those ez mount panels. I may try it out. If it doesn't work, I will probably take your suggestion for storing them.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Hi! I have all mine in these binders and they work great! I do store them on both sides,but I place a piece of paper btwn the pages so the stamps don't stick to one another. You do need to be careful that you don't over fill and squish them. I have not had issues yet with this, but I am careful to make sure it doesn't happen often. The clear stamps work awesome on the sheets! I have all my PTI, hero arts, KLM designs and stampendous in these cases as well. I agree with u on the PTI cd cases! Don't get me wrong the cases are nice and a clever way to store,, but I am so limited on room right now the binders cut down on the space my stamps take up.

Page protectors have to be trimmed down, but the stamps do not stick as well. I tried this first and realized how soon they start falling off.

Hope this helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckygalView Post
For those of you that have your stamps stored on the ez mount storage panels and then in a univenture binder or something similar, do you store your stamps on both sides of the storage panel? It says that stamps can be stored on both sides of the panel. However, do I need to worry about stamps being somehow damaged from the pressure of laying directly on top of each other? (Majority of stamps will be on EZ mount foam)

Also, do you store your clear/polymer stamps on the panels as well? How well do they stick. I really want a uniform system of storing my stamps, but am unsure about putting the clear stamps on the panels. I mostly have Papertrey Ink and Verve stamps. Since the Papertrey Ink stamps come with CD for storage, I am having a hard time separating from that since it looks cute, but I personally don't like CD storage. The cases always seem to break on me.

Does anyone know if a page protector fits in the univenture binders?

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

be careful of acetate sheets. I have seen somewhere that this can damage your clear stamps some how.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccboobooView Post
Hi Elizabeth,

HTH,
Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmomnhView Post
Hi! I have all mine in these binders and they work great! I do store them on both sides,but I place a piece of paper btwn the pages so the stamps don't stick to one another. You do need to be careful that you don't over fill and squish them. I have not had issues yet with this, but I am careful to make sure it doesn't happen often. The clear stamps work awesome on the sheets! I have all my PTI, hero arts, KLM designs and stampendous in these cases as well. I agree with u on the PTI cd cases! Don't get me wrong the cases are nice and a clever way to store,, but I am so limited on room right now the binders cut down on the space my stamps take up.

Page protectors have to be trimmed down, but the stamps do not stick as well. I tried this first and realized how soon they start falling off.

Hope this helps!

This definitely does help! I was just sorting through my stamps to see how many wood stamps I need to unmount. Since I outgrew my previous storage system, most stamps have since been thrown into a huge tub with no rhyme or reason. Not the best system, so hopefully nothing is damaged. Well while going through this I discovered a lot more packages of clear stamps that I didn't even know I had. I have a bunch from Impression Obsession, Autumn Leaves and Hero Arts. This is what I get for not having a storage and index system in place. Not to mention, I have a lot of clear stamps for not even really liking them. No flaming here please! Tried all the tricks I have seen for clear stamps but still get better results from good old fashion rubber.

Anyway, my point is that I am glad to see you had good results with the clear stamps on the panels. I really want the binder to be my one and only system for both rubber and clear stamps. Thanks!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes